The Banks' War Against Us

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Re: The Banks' War Against Us

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

On p. 150 of the book "1001 Inventions: the enduring legacy of the Muslim civilization", we are told about the highly developed banking system which existed in 9th-century Baghdad.
Like today, coins were not the only ways of paying. Checks were around centuries ago as well. "Check" comes from the Arabic sakk, a written vow to honor payment for merchandise when its destination is reached. In the time of Harun al-Rashid in the ninth century, under a highly developed banking system, a Muslim businessman could cash a check in Canton, China, drawn on his bank account in Baghdad. The use of sakk was born out of the need to avoid having to transport coin as legal tender due to the dangers and difficulties this represented. Bankers took to the use of bills of exchange, letters of credit, and promissory notes, often drawn up to be, in effect, checks. In promoting the concept of the bill of exchange, sakk, or check, Muslims made the financing of commerce and intercontinental trade possible.
I don´t know if the monetary system was debt and usury-free. If it was, it might help answer the old question of how a trade-intensive economy can function without these scourges.

A curious aside (p. 151):
Twelve hundred years ago, while the caliphs ruled the Muslim world, King Offa reigned in England. He introduced silver coins to his kingdom and also minted a gold coin, the gold Mancus, worth 30 silver coins. The extraordinary thing about the Mancus was that it copied the Muslim gold dinar of the Abbasid Caliph Al-Mansur, dated 774 AD (157 AH), carrying on one side the Arabic inscription "There is no Deity but Allah, The One, Without Equal, and Mohammad is the Apostle of Allah." A significant difference from the original dinar is that King Offa stamped his name on it with the inscription of OFFA REX. Scholars have puzzled over why an English king would have made a replica Arab coin. Some say he had converted to Islam, but the more likely explanation is that it was produced for trade, or for pilgrims to use as they traveled through Arab lands. The coin most certainly would not have been made by an Arab craftsman because there is no understanding of the Arabic text: "OFFA REX" is upside down in relation to the Arabic Kufic script, and the word "year" is misspelled in Arabic. The coin was probably copied by Anglo-Saxon craftsmen. Discoveries like this have helped us to redraw the international economic and trade relations of 1,200 years ago. King Offa's coin is evidence of how far Islamic currency had traveled by the eighth century. Archaeologists have found thousands of Muslim coins in modern-day Germany, Finland, and Scandinavia, showing that this currency was transported and traded from Muslim countries across Europe. King Offa was not the only non-Muslim ruler to make an Arabic coin. An 11th-century Spanish Catholic prince, Alfonso VIII, ordered the minting of a decorative coin on which the inscriptions were written in Arabic and on which he referred to himself as the "Ameer of the Catholics" and the pope in Rome as the "Imam of the Church of Christ."

I recommend the book, even if it seems to advertise a bit too enthusiastically for the Islamic genius. The "1001 inventions" described belong mostly to the golden age of Islamic civilization (9th - 13th century). In any case, the facts can (and should) be checked in other sources.
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

Revisiting the TARP banker bailout and came across this:

https://www.princeton.edu/faithandwork/ ... -feinberg/

Links includes audio - hear it in his own words if you are so inclined.

From 2009:
President Obama last month named Kenneth Feinberg to oversee compensation given to the 100 highest-paid employees at banks and other firms that received the largest government bailouts, including Citigroup and Bank of America.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=8214818&page=1

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.

Of course, he is still dispensing terror dough for the current crop of (fake) terror:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/31/us/p ... .html?_r=0

He sure gets around!
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Farcevalue » March 7th, 2017, 1:28 pm wrote: He sure gets around!
He sure does...

For those who may not know much about Kenneth Feinberg, here's a brief summary of what he's been up to - in later years:

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2377445
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Many of you may be familiar with the tales of the Turkish/Persian wise man (sometimes fool), Nasruddin. The anecdotes are intended to amuse and give food for thought. Here is one of my favorites:
One day Nasruddin borrowed a pot from his neighbor Ali. The next day he brought it back with another little pot inside.
“That’s not mine,” said Ali.
“Yes, it is,” said Nasruddin. “While your pot was staying with me, it had a baby.”
Some time later Nasruddin asked Ali to lend him a pot again. Ali agreed, hoping that he would once again receive two pots in return. However, days passed and Nasruddin had still not returned the pot. Finally Ali lost patience and went to demand his property.
“I am sorry,” said Nasruddin. “I can’t give you back your pot. It died two days ago.”
“Died!” screamed Ali, “how can a pot die?”
“Well,” said Nasruddin, “you believed me when I told you that your pot had had a baby.”

One of the possible interpretations relates to usury. Like interest on a loan, the baby in the story is said to issue from a naturally barren mother. Out of greed, the lender accepts the physically impossible baby, but protests vehemently when confronted with the death of the mother, an equally impossible event, this time invoked in favor of the borrower.

Imagine telling the loan manager at your bank: "Sorry Frank, shit happens. The principal died before it could bear interest."

More on the unnaturalness of usury in this earlier post: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 4#p2402724

Another more psychological interpretation of the tale relates to the phenomenon referred to as "double standard". I find the concept particularly relevant to the sociology of scientific knowledge, but that's a topic for another thread.
Penelope

Unread post by Penelope »

Post by Flabbergasted on January 28th, 2017, 3:46 pm

On p. 150 of the book "1001 Inventions: the enduring legacy of the Muslim civilization", we are told about the highly developed banking system which existed in 9th-century Baghdad.
. . .
I don´t know if the monetary system was debt and usury-free. If it was, it might help answer the old question of how a trade-intensive economy can function without these scourges.
Mohammed had been a merchant, so trade and profit were embraced, but not usury. The extension of credit was made slightly profitable through service fees and through slightly higher pricing of goods bought on credit. Banking was not an occupation of itself, but was an adjunct for any large merchant. Where loans of capital were made to a commercial endeavor the loaner had to become a partner. This means that if the business failed, there was no debt or interest due from the other partners.

As to how a trade-intensive economy (or a modern economy generally) can function without INTENSIVE interest and debt, this is known. It seems mysterious to us merely because classical economics is no longer taught in academia-- nor is it commented upon by our corrupt media. In fact it is everywhere misrepresented, so that There Is No Alternative (TINA) to our present wage-peonage.

I highly recommend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZzH8xxCzR0 The History of Neoliberal Economics Michael Hudson.

Michael favors Modern Monetary Theory which advocates public banking.

Here is an hour twenty minutes presentation by him which is more wide-ranging.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBMRbCtYNrU

If you are interested in the anthropology of money, I recommend the book which Michael mentions at the beginning of the presentation. "Debt The First 5000 Years" It's by David Graeber. My hard copy is 534pp. It's heavily footnoted (59pp), and the index is helpful. There is a more recent paperback under $20.
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

Indulgence Redux: $kank of America takes one giant leap towards “Zero-Carbon Future”

Bank of America is Leading on its Commitment to Sustainable Businesses
Vincent Manier - Chief Financial Officer & Managing Director, Sustainability Solutions-APAC

As businesses adopt real action toward sustainable resource management, the role of green financing becomes even more important in accelerating the transition to a low-carbon economy. I recently sat down with Alex Liftman, Global Environmental executive at Bank of America, to discuss his company’s role in providing capital and new financing options to sustainable businesses.

Alex, Bank of America has a strong record of supporting environmental initiatives and that is evident in your second environmental business commitment of $125 billion to direct capital to low-carbon, sustainable business activities. Why is the bank focused in this area?

https://www.engieimpact.com/insights/ba ... businesses
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

Flabbergasted » February 3rd, 2018, 2:06 pm wrote:Many of you may be familiar with the tales of the Turkish/Persian wise man (sometimes fool), Nasruddin. The anecdotes are intended to amuse and give food for thought. Here is one of my favorites:
One day Nasruddin borrowed a pot from his neighbor Ali. The next day he brought it back with another little pot inside.
“That’s not mine,” said Ali.
“Yes, it is,” said Nasruddin. “While your pot was staying with me, it had a baby.”
Some time later Nasruddin asked Ali to lend him a pot again. Ali agreed, hoping that he would once again receive two pots in return. However, days passed and Nasruddin had still not returned the pot. Finally Ali lost patience and went to demand his property.
“I am sorry,” said Nasruddin. “I can’t give you back your pot. It died two days ago.”
“Died!” screamed Ali, “how can a pot die?”
“Well,” said Nasruddin, “you believed me when I told you that your pot had had a baby.”

One of the possible interpretations relates to usury. Like interest on a loan, the baby in the story is said to issue from a naturally barren mother. Out of greed, the lender accepts the physically impossible baby, but protests vehemently when confronted with the death of the mother, an equally impossible event, this time invoked in favor of the borrower.

Imagine telling the loan manager at your bank: "Sorry Frank, shit happens. The principal died before it could bear interest."
Now that is a clever way to show a lesson of Life.
ICfreely

Libra: Facebook Wants to Control Your Money
Facebook - backed by some of the largest banks and corporations on Earth - seek to create a global digital currency and reassert Western dominion over the global economy.

November 30, 2019 (Tony Cartalucci - NEO) - Many are probably already familiar with US-based social media giants like Facebook and Twitter carrying out sweeping campaigns of censorship executed in line with US[?!] foreign policy objectives.

New Eastern Outlook itself was deleted off of both networks - just one among many thousands of accounts wiped out in a virtual information war.

Many are also probably aware of how Facebook in particular has trampled the privacy of its users, manipulated users unwittingly through involuntary experiments and controls what many people around the globe see while online - most of the time without users even realizing it.

But imagine instead of just silencing and marginalizing opponents or controlling the information the public has access to and thus manipulating the public itself, Facebook was also able to control the very currency people use in their day to day lives. Its control over the public, both within the US and beyond, would be unprecedented.

The ability to control both information and money would be a potent tool, enhancing Facebook's already deeply disruptive and abusive behavior as well as the much larger corporate-financier interests Facebook works with and for.

Enter Libra

Earlier this year Facebook announced its own currency called Libra. It is based on blockchain technology, billed as a "cryptocurrency," and aims at dominating banking and commerce in much the same way Facebook already dominates social media, messaging and in general, the flow of information.

There is no doubt that the same cooperation Facebook has provided the US government and the interests that dominate its domestic and foreign policy in controlling and manipulating public opinion around the globe, stifling alternative news, and even overthrowing governments will translate directly into a similar pattern of abuse through its desired control over a global currency.

Unlike hard currency which does not know in whose hands it resides and thus is unable to discriminate against its holder - Libra not only allows Facebook to know whose hands its currency is in, but how much of it is there, what it is being used for - in addition to all other personal information Facebook has access to. This not only allows for an obvious extension of Facebook's already well-known politically-motivated abuses - but also gives Facebook the ability to target users who may pose as competition to Facebook or one of the many larger corporations Facebook works with or for.

Imagine Facebook carrying out a similar campaign to their current one of political censorship, but with an added monetary component - not only removing the West's political opponents from their social media network and effectively silencing them, but crippling them financially by freezing their accounts and denying them access to the massive digital global economy they hope to create and control through Libra.

While US politicians and regulators appear to be obstructing Libra's rollout, the truth is that many of the very interests these politicians and regulators work for are directly involved in Libra's creation.

Not Just Facebook: What is the "Libra Association?"

The initial white paper laying out Libra's premise included in its introduction:

Libra’s mission is to enable a simple global currency and financial infrastructure that ["]empowers["] billions of people.

Such noble intentions are betrayed not only by Facebook's involvement, but also by the partners included in Libra's creation.

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2019/ ... -your.html
li·bra
/ˈlēbrə/

noun: libra; plural noun: librae

(in ancient Rome) a unit of weight, equivalent to 12 ounces (0.34 kg). It was the forerunner of the pound.
ICfreely

File this under:

$ir(tainly) NOT!

De Rothschild on British exit: Have to be patient

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9GZo6MohVM
Mar 31, 2017
British Billionaire Financier Sir Evelyn De Rothschild weighs in Britain’s formal exit from the European Union.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9GZo6MohVM

I hear Empire of Dream[works] DOWN!
ICfreely

File this under:

Assyrian-American Ass-Clowns

CIO Exclusive — Ray Dalio: Why I Came Out of the Woodwork
The hedge fund titan discusses his emergence from the shadows into the limelight, comments on current market issues.
Newsmakers, September 27, 2017
Dalio traveled to Washington at that time and spoke with officials at the US Treasury as well as at the White House, he said. Most dismissed his warnings until he met with Ramsen Betfarhad, then Vice President Dick Cheney’s deputy assistant of domestic policy. After double-checking Bridgewater’s numbers, Betfarhad was concerned, much like Dalio, who said he was as concerned about being right as he was about being wrong.

https://www.ai-cio.com/news/cio-exclusi ... -woodwork/

Los Angeles Man Stands Trial for Spying for Former Iraqi Dictator Saddam Hussein
By Associated Press
Published January 30, 2008
Last Update January 13, 2015

LOS ANGELES – An Iraqi-born American citizen collected intelligence on Assyrian groups in the United States for former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein without notifying government officials here, a prosecutor said Tuesday during opening statements in a federal trial.

William Shaoul Benjamin, 67, of Los Angeles, is charged with conspiracy, failing to register as an agent of a foreign government and making false statements. If convicted, he faces up to 20 years in prison.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/los-angel ... am-hussein
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

antipodean wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 am http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2399687#p2399687
Hoi has posted a very interesting link over on Chat, which probably belongs here.

It's about the FBI investigating the Nugan Hand Bank back in the 80s.
A bank used 'down under' by the Global Elites,Trilateral Commision etc for bribing and paying off Politicians for the benefit of Big Business, Round Table corporations.

A lot of this has been documented in a documentation known as the Opal File.
February, 1973:
Gerald Parsky, William Colby, Michael Hand, Frank Nugan and Bob Seldon move to further consolidate the Mafia banking operations. In NZ they acquire 20% Fletcher subsidiary Marac, using the Security Pacific National Bank helped by Marac Corporate secretary Alan Hawkins.

In Australia, the Nugan Hand Bank begins operations with 30% of the stock held by Australasian and Pacific Holdings (100% Chase Manhattan Bank), 25% by CIA’s Air America (known as ’Air Opium’), 25% by South Pacific Properties and 20% held by Seldon, Nugan and Hand
he Irving Trust Bank’s New York Branch establishes US links between the CIA and Nugan Hand, a worldwide network of 22 banks set up to:
a) ’launder’ money from Onassis heroin operations in the Golden Triangle and Iran
b) as a CIA funnel to pro-US political parties in Europe and Latin America, including Colby’s P2
c) a spying conduit for information from Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Thailand
d) finance arms smuggled to Libya, Indonesia, South America, Middle East and Rhodesia using the CIA’s Edward Wilson
26th February, 1974:
Michael Hand meets Bob Jones in Wellington to implement plans for the CIA’s new spying operation - countries targeted include France, Chile, West Germany and Israel.

Using the Brierly/Jones Investment funnel, Jones buys building in Willeston Street which will be rented to France and Chile, another at Plimmer Steps to house West Germany and Israel.

CIA will set up eavesdropping communications centre inside the Willeston Street building and another at 163 The Terrace which will link with equipment installed in the Plimmer Steps building. Four CIA technicians will run the whole operation.
6th October, 1974:
Ray Cline implements William Colby plan to oust Australian Prime Minister Whitlam. Nugan Hand Bank finances payoffs to Malcolm Fraser and other pro-US politicians. A joint bugging operation commences between CIA and ASIO.
December, 1974:
Australian Governor-General John Kerr joins Ray Cline’s payroll and received his first pay-off of $US200,000 credited to his account number 767748 at the Singapore branch of the Nugan Hand Bank.
3rd February, 1977:
Parksy and Colby close down the Brierley/Jones Investment funnel and open up separate channels for Brierley and Jones. Jones will be supplied with ’laundered’ funds via Sydney branch of the Nugan Hand Bank,
8th June, 1979:
Michael Hand, Frank Nugan, Brierley and James Fletcher meet in Hand’s Sydney penthouse to discuss the establishment of the New Zealand Mafia organization.
17th August, 1979:
New Zealand Mafia inaugural meeting in Sydney including Hand, Brierley, Fletcher, Goodman, R.Trotter, Alan Hawkins and L.Papps.

Key sectors of the economy would be taken over- food, using Goodman; forestry and farming, using Fletcher and Trotter; property, using Brierley and Jones. Brierley, Hand and Papps would be responsible for banking, insurance and finance, while Hand and Hawkins would be responsible for setting up new "laundry" channels into New Zealand.

The economy would be taken over using cheap loans of less than 5%, while consumers would pay 28%.
May, 1980:
Mafia’s Nugan Hand banking operation crashes after Frank Nugan killed. Death ruled as suicide even though no fingerprints found on the rifle. Maloney, Houghton, Yates and Hand shred important documents, but miss some. CIA helps Hand and Bank President Donald Beasley escape to the U.S. The CIA and Australian Security Intelligence Organization cover everything up. Beazley appointed President of Miami City National Bank, run by Alberto Dugue for ’laundering’ profits from the CIA Colombian cocaine operation.

There is a probability that Michael Hand killed Frank Nugan because of his involvement with Hand’s fiancée.

25th May, 1980:
Colby arrived in Australia to discuss replacement of the Nugan Hand Bank with Hand, Brierley, and Seldon. Immediate funding available from Sydney branch of the Deak Bank, a separate CIA operation, and IEL would be used to buy NZI Corp., to prepare for future laundering operations.

Maloney, Houghton, Yates, and Hand would shred all documents leading back to the New Zealand Great South Basin connection, and the CIA would help Hand and Bank President Donald Beazley escape to the USA. The CIA and ASIO would also cover everything up.

Hand and Beazley turn up in Miami - Beazley appointed President and Hand ’consultant’ to the Miami City National Bank, but also Hand turned up in El Salvador to help organize bankrolling of the Contras with other ex- members of Nugan-Hand.
23rd June, 1980:
New Zealand Mafia, including Brierley, Fletcher, Trotter, Jones, Hawkins, Goodman, and Papps meet in Wellington to discuss merger of Fletcher Challenge and Tasman.

In order to replace Nugan Hand Bank’s 22 world-wide branches, quick moves are made to buy control of NZI by New Zealand Mafia using Brierley, thereby capturing an established, world-wide organization through the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank, which is also linked to the CIA through its subsidiary, World Finance Corporation.
http://www.infonews.co.nz/news.cfm?id=17241

The link posted by hoi is interesting because it features files and memos from FBI archives investigating the Nugan Hand Bank, back in the 80s.
https://archive.org/stream/FBI-Nugan-Ha ... 0/mode/2up
Another hat tilt to Hoi (even parting with money to obtain the link) for posting the above FBI archive of the Nugan Hand Bank.

I've just come across this 60 minutes youtube video (posted below), whereby Michael Hand has been traced after 35 years.

MSM journalism is so poor, they obviously were unaware of the archived link https://archive.org/stream/FBI-Nugan-Ha ... 0#mode/2up provided by Hoi, which explains the Bank was already under heavy investigation from the FBI years before Nugan's murder..

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDhsDU_Z2m8
ICfreely

Note: The IR$ is NOT a government institution!

ICfreely wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:47 pm Mazel tov, it's a celebration bitches, L'Chaim
I wish for you a hundred years of success but it's my time
Cheers, toast to crime

--Jay Z

The only thing I have to say to people who think the POTUS runs the country is JIGGA PLEaZe! :puke:

Shylock, what say ye?

Greenspan Admits The Federal Reserve Is Above The Law & Answers To No One

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fxk3bBTi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fxk3bBTi4

Spoken like a true merchant of menace!

Isn’t it interesting that the loan shark’s enforcer (IR$) has the power to determine whether an organization is considered a church?

Watching an economic ‘increase/decrease taxes vs. government spending’ debate is as fruitful as watching a ‘creation vs. evolution’ debate. Why can’t these ‘geniuses’ figure out that it’s mathematically impossible to pay off the national debt?
The Money Myth Exploded by Louis Even
“The Money Myth Exploded” was one of the first articles of Louis Even, and remains one of the most popular to explain how money is created as a debt by private banks. It is available in the form of an 8-page leaflet (tabloid format) that you can order from the “Michael” office, in several languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Portuguese.
http://www.michaeljournal.org/myth.htm
Louis Even does a good job of explaining the problem. However, I'm not sure if he's covertly hyping 'carbon credits' under the guise of 'social credits.' Let's not forget that according to the P.L.E.Z. usury will eventually be terminated.
ICfreely

File this under:

$hoah Biz
-or- Dead Presidents

ICfreely wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:06 am Just to reiterate the fact that the BIG Bankstas run the $ho’ in da D to da C, here’s a clip of a young Gip' poppin’ $ome BIG ol’ $hiz’nit:

Ronald Reagan On The Holocaust Lie 1967

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU0HJHeA9Ac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU0HJHeA9Ac

ADMIN NOTICE (simon): Funny, as I try watching the above video, a black screen appears - with this caption: "This video is not available in your country".

Luckily, I went to Youtube and found this other version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmY2UVZbJoc

And here’s a clip of the ol’ Gi(m)p’ actin’ like a li’l Pisa $chitt:

Speed It Up

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIA8MyOy8BU
Don Regan, then CEO Merrill [ :angry: ] Lynch [ :angry: ], White House Chief of $taff tells Ronald Reagan to '$peed it Up'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIA8MyOy8BU

D :angry: n Regan: $peed it up, you li’l bitch made jigga!
R :unsure: n Reagan: Whoa, Yes $ir Massa’ Don. I $hoah will!

Awe $chitt Ronnie, you got knocked da fuck out!

$ee me reign H3LL, at a $how just like that,
Even Denzel $ay "Damn, I ain't know it like that?"

May the best man win pot’na!
B)

-T.I. "Big $hit Poppin' (Do It)"

My tax refunds ($1,636.00): SPEED IT UP BITCHES!
Flabbergasted
Administrator

I can´t remember if this scene from the movie "The International" (2009) has been mentioned on the forum. Anyway, since banking is all about control, let this post be a reminder of who is engineering the upcoming Great Reset.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiCTg8wPMJo
- Mr. Calvini, we'd like to know why the IBBC, a bank, would be purchasing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of missile guidance and control systems from your company.
- The IBBC has purchased billions of dollars worth of Silkworm missiles from the People's Republic of China ... which they have resold to clients in the Middle East, contingent upon the missiles being equipped with Volcon guidance systems. My company's one of only two in the world which produce the Volcon.
- Who's the other?
- Sunay. Ahmet Sunay.
- Of Turkish Aerotech?
- But why is the bank committing so much capital and resources to the sale of these missiles?
- It's a test. Small arms are the only weapons used in 99 percent of the world's conflicts and no one has the capacity to manufacture them faster and cheaper than China. What Skarssen is attempting to do is to make the IBBC the exclusive broker of Chinese small arms to the Third World. And the missile deal is the gateway transaction.
- Yeah, but billions of dollars invested simply to be a broker? There can't be much profit for them.
- No. This is not about making profit from weapon sales. It's about control.
- Control the flow of weapons, control the conflict?
- No, no. The IBBC is a bank. Their objective isn't to control the conflict, it's to control the debt that the conflict produces. You see, the real value of a conflict, the true value, is in the debt that it creates. You control the debt, you control everything. You find this upsetting, yes? But this is the very essence of the banking industry: to make us all, whether we be nations or individuals, slaves to debt.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963178/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Flabbergasted
Administrator

The 8 May 2021 edition of The Economist is suggesting we wise up and get ready for Fedcoin and the e-Euro. The new digital "govcoins" are said to be a new incarnation of money which will make finance work better and shift power from individuals to the state, alter geopolitics and change how capital is allocated. We are advised to treat them with optimism and humility.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2021/ ... hat-matter

The article shows a tongue-in-cheek rendering of the symbol of such a govcoin, covered with very explicit Masonic symbols. Even the cryptocracy's truncated pyramid is there, although, if compared to the one pictured on the old 1-dollar bill, the floating capstone-and-all-seeing-eye is now so massive it is flattening the base of the pyramid. A token of the progress they have made since 1782.

Some have pointed out that this edition comes 33 years, 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days after the 1988 edition of The Economist, which also admonished us to prepare for one-world currency. The cover shows a phoenix (in reality, an imperial eagle) arising from the ashes of burning money bills. I haven´t tried to analyze the symbolism on the coin, but maybe kickstones can help out with that.

You can´t really say the Nutwork are taking the world by surprise.