Game Theory

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
fbenario

Game Theory

Unread post by fbenario »

A great, great article!

Maybe we should investigate the game theory framework of media fakery.

How Israel Wages Game Theory Warfare

Israeli strategists rely on game theory models to ensure the intended response to staged provocations and manipulated crises. With the use of game theory algorithms, those responses become predictable, even foreseeable--within an acceptable range of probabilities. The waging of war “by way of deception” is now a mathematical discipline.

http://www.intifada-palestine.com/2009/ ... ry-warfare

"For a skilled agent provocateur, the target can be a person, a company, an economy, a legislature, a nation or an entire culture--such as Islam. "

And maybe the target is an entire nation of gullible, bloodthirsty sheeple.

(Even though they make the obligatory mention of mass murder victims, I still think this has some validity as an analytical framework.)

With a well-modeled provocation, the anticipated reaction can even become a powerful weapon in the Israeli arsenal.

For instance, a skilled game theorist could foresee that, in response to a 911-type mass murder, “the mark” (the U.S.) would deploy its military to avenge that attack. With phony intelligence fixed around a preset goal, a game theory algorithm could anticipate that those forces might well be redirected to invade Iraq--not to avenge 911 but to pursue the expansionist goals of Greater Israel.

To provoke that invasion required the displacement of an inconvenient truth (Iraq played no role in 911) with what lawmakers and the public could be deceived to believe. The emotionally wrenching nature of that incident was essential in order to induce Americans to abandon rational analysis and to facilitate their reliance on false intelligence.

Americans were (predictably) provoked by that mass murder. The foreseeable reaction--shock, grief and outrage--made it easier for them to believe that an infamous Iraqi Evil Doer was to blame. The displacement of facts with beliefs lies at heart of how Israel, the world’s leading authority in game theory, induces other nations to wage their wars.

And now we get to the heart of it, in our eyes.

"To displace facts with credible fiction requires a period of “preparing the minds” so that the mark will believe a pre-staged storyline.
Israeli game theorists operate not from the Center for Morality or the Center for Justice but from the Center for Rationality. As modeled by Zionist war planners, game theory is devoid of all values except one: the ability to anticipate--within an acceptable range of probabilities--how “the mark” will react when provoked. Thus we see the force-multiplier potential for those who wage war with well-planned provocations and well-timed crises.

Israeli behavior is often immoral and unjust but that does not mean it is irrational. For Colonial Zionists committed to the pursuit of an expansionist agenda, even murderous provocations are rational because the response can be mathematically modeled, ensuring the results are reasonably foreseeable. That alone is sufficient for a people who, as God’s chosen, consider it their right to operate above the rule of law."

When I have time, I will try to look into formal game theory structures. I think we may find that we already apply some of the same filters in our work here.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

It's a very interesting article, too bad it does not cite sources...
Anyway, as it is it only makes sense. These people are very very busy, with their grand schemes. But I love that saying that goes: "you make plans, God laughs". The plans will become so big they will swallow them. There's already no one capable of turning their machine off, not even themselves. I think this arrogance, this foul idea of being able to control and steer humanity like a toy will eventually doom all the control-freaks.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Immorality is illogical. So their short-sighted rationality is moot.