REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Postby simonshack on September 5th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Lest my above post may be misunderstood / misinterpreted, I hasten to add that I didn't mean or wish to sound facetious about the whole question of religion. I can understand that tomatoes are not comparable to religious beliefs. However, what disturbs me (as regards JC worshippers) is the fact that - as far as I can gather - all the different 'factions' of JC believers appear to forward the notion that we should all "seek and pray to become the embodiment of JC".

At 0:30 of this video clip recently released by the White House ....

https://video.repubblica.it/mondo/trump ... P2-S3.6-T1

...we can hear:

"Help us be the embodiment of Jesus Christ".

:huh: What does this even mean ?

Poor JC... His fame is being used (and has always been used) by the most infamous folks of this world...

Full version of above White House comedy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVv0Z9fTawU
simonshack
Administrator

Postby Nathan Draco on September 9th, 2017, 2:36 am

Seneca » September 2nd, 2017, 5:37 am wrote:There is already a sequel in the making:
Orwell: Ignorance is Strength

"Step into the shoes of a government official in a top-secret department of the Orwell surveillance program. Given the power to both uncover and fabricate "the truth", how far will you go in the service of your country? Season 2 of Orwell, the award-winning surveillance thriller. "

Looks they are promoting the false idea that fake news started after the internet.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbrsck9Ag2I

Seeing as how they're trying to act as though "fake news" is a new phenomenon, I don't know if I would play that game. But there was a game called Watchdogs which centered around the idea that cities had access to everyone's personal information and one lone hacker that you played as could exploit all that information. You could also hack traffic lights, phones, cars, houses, etc cause everything was connected.
Nathan Draco

Postby Odunie on September 12th, 2017, 1:01 pm

Hi all. I am an American who has been reading Cluesforum for a while as a guest. I hadn't visited in a while, and then I was reminded today by events in the news (Sep 11) and came back to register.

One of the threads I am most interested in contributing to is the 'Population Hoaxes' by aa5: viewtopic.php?t=1880
I have done some digging in official stats and may have some interesting insights to share.

Thanks, and I look forward to conversing with a constructive and inquisitive attitude.
Odunie

Previous

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips