SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

Postby hoi.polloi on April 19th, 2013, 4:21 am

SUGGESTION BOX

This forum was created as a time-saving device to handle problem situations such as broken links, shills and so on. It is not meant as a replacement for the regular policing that we all do in the topics we frequent, but it is meant to grab our attention in case something has escaped our notice. It is also a way to ask us about why we format/build things a certain way and to help us decide how to shape this site to better serve readers.

As our membership grows, and our admin remains the loosely knit Simon, nonhocapito, Maat and myself, the number of people who are posting becomes difficult to monitor. Perhaps the four of us haven't caught on to something very obvious that would improve the forum's efficacy. Please use this not as a "report suspicious activity" police unit, but as a way of getting our attention on things having specifically to do with the management of the forum, stuff that normal members cannot do such as modify links, ban or suspend problem users or suspicious users, etc.

Since we presently don't have an image-uploading system activated, one more reminder about what NOT to burden administration with:

Please monitor your own image links/hotlinks (a hotlink is an image link directly leeching from another site that you have no control over) and hyperlinks (links to URLs and web pages) and do not bother our forum with broken links that you can fix yourself. Let us know if there is a problem you can't control. We know that broken links are par for the course as official sites we've identified are changed or removed by shills as an attempt by them to save face, but do your best. Download and reupload to your own host the most relevant pictures to your point. Once in a while, check your old favorite posts you made and make sure the links still work.

Thank you! And hopefully this will prove a useful and time-saving device for Admins with just as much right to free time and leisure as regular members. :P
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Re: SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

Postby Nasaspotlight on April 23rd, 2013, 5:34 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:... It is also a way to ask us about why we format/build things a certain way and to help us decide how to shape this site to better serve readers...

I know I’m a nobody, but I do have one tiny suggestion as a regular reader of this site. Is it possible to “streamline” the “General Discussion-The age of media fakery” section? The only reason I even bring this up is because when ANYTHING takes front stage in the media, the first thing I do is come here to read; however, that being said, taking Boston for example, I never know which section of general discussion it is located. It could be in “London, Madrid, Oslo and other faked terror events” because it’s a fake terror event, or it could be in “Worldwide media deceptions” because I am sure that story was pumped around the world, or it could be in “general world affairs” because it is conceivably a general world affair, or, it can be in “Local psyops - and minor media scams”, where it (justifiably so) is now.

Maybe have some kind of timeline, so the Sandy Hook hoax analysis can be easily viewed in the “2012” section, or the Colorado shooting hoax can be easily viewed in the “2011” section etc?

Thinking along those lines, maybe a geographic breakout, followed by a subsequent chronological breakout?

I’m just thinking out loud now feel free to ignore any/all of this.
Nasaspotlight

Postby I, Gestalta on April 24th, 2013, 2:15 am

Nasaspotlight wrote:
hoi.polloi wrote:... It is also a way to ask us about why we format/build things a certain way and to help us decide how to shape this site to better serve readers...

I know I’m a nobody, but I do have one tiny suggestion as a regular reader of this site. Is it possible to “streamline” the “General Discussion-The age of media fakery” section? The only reason I even bring this up is because when ANYTHING takes front stage in the media, the first thing I do is come here to read; however, that being said, taking Boston for example, I never know which section of general discussion it is located. It could be in “London, Madrid, Oslo and other faked terror events” because it’s a fake terror event, or it could be in “Worldwide media deceptions” because I am sure that story was pumped around the world, or it could be in “general world affairs” because it is conceivably a general world affair, or, it can be in “Local psyops - and minor media scams”, where it (justifiably so) is now.

Maybe have some kind of timeline, so the Sandy Hook hoax analysis can be easily viewed in the “2012” section, or the Colorado shooting hoax can be easily viewed in the “2011” section etc?

Thinking along those lines, maybe a geographic breakout, followed by a subsequent chronological breakout?

I’m just thinking out loud now feel free to ignore any/all of this.

"View Active Topics".
I, Gestalta

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Postby RogerSmith on September 23rd, 2013, 4:50 pm

Like with my last suggestion, not sure if this is the right place, but I noticed the SeptemberClues.info site has an excess of meta keywords. Too many keywords makes Google believe a site is spam and potentially results in blacklisting, and definitely results in lower rankings. Ideally, you would want no more than 16 key words - otherwise, it defeats the purpose.
RogerSmith

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Postby hoi.polloi on September 24th, 2013, 2:43 am

The SUGGESTION BOX here is a good place for this sort of thing.

I think you might be right. This is what I stuffed into the metadata at first (I like the "Ghandi" typo) :

<meta name="Keywords" content="911,9|11,9/11,Ralph E. Eberhart,Ralph Ed,Ed Eberhart,NORAD,Hollywood,Naudet,Jules,Gideon,Propaganda,P2,Ben Silverman,Silverman,Siverstein,William Oliver Silverstein,Bill Oliver Stone,Bill Rock,Bill Clinton,TV archives,National Archives,missing tapes,NASA,George JoJo Marengo,Marengo,World Art Foundation,Rick Siegel,Simon Shack,Simon,Shack,Simon,social service,socialservice,Pentagon,Missile,Explosives,Cordine,Boom,Explode,Thermite,Terror,9/11,Destroy,767,757,Boeing,Lockheed,9/11,Lockheed Martin,Rockwell Collins,Raytheon,Bunker Busters,Captimax,Social,Service,social,service,SocialService.it,Social Service,Simon Shack,Social Service,September,WTC,Manhattan,NYC,New York,WTC1,WTC2,Giuliani,Mafia,Mafioso,WTC7,Marvin Bush,Securacom,AA,American Airlines,Airplanes,Planes,Physics,NIST,Anthony Lawson,Genghis,Jeff Hill,Shure,Pump It Out,Perp It Out,perps,PumpItOut,ATS,Democratic Underground,DU,Above Top Secret,pumpitout,George Noory,Coast to Coast,Jack Blood,False Physics,YouTube,CIA,FBI,MOSSAD,MI5,MI6,Google,Google Earth,GoogleEarth,9/11 Commission Report,Ommissions,Distortions,David Ray Griffin,Griffin,NORAD,Richard Gage,Pilots for 911 Truth,Jim Fetzer,JFK,RFK,Kennedy,Ghandi,Martin Luther King,MLK,Clues,September Clues,Sept Clues,septclues,septemberclues,September,Clues,TV Fakery,no planes,NPT,No Plane Theory,Hoax,TV Hoax,Media Hoax,Evil Media,Media,News Media,news media,News,news,News,CNN,NBC,FOX,BBC,NBC,MSNBC,ABC,Fake News,TV News,Radio Hoax,News Media,Terror,terrorism,media,911 Movement,Killtown,Black Pope,Boston,MIT,P-tech,Singh,MITRE,Mitre,RAND,CFR,9/11 is a media hoax,Newspaper,Monopoly,Democracy,Top Secret,Bush,Obama,Britney Spears,Sex,Alex Jones,Prison Planet,Loose Change,LuogoComune,We Are Change,WeAreChange,Politics,Current Events,TV,television,tunnel vision,false flag,Tonkin,Gulf of Tonkin,Iraq,Afghanistan,bin Laden,bin Ladin,Osama,Obama,Osama,Usama,Cheney,Dick,Dick Cheney,Rumsfeld,Donald, New World Order,zeitgeist,Zeitgeist,David Icke,Conspiracy,Lunatic Fringe,Moon Hoax,Hoax,NWO,New World,Illuminati,Mason,Freemason,Jesuit,Zionist,Israel,Israel,Jews,Controlled Demolition,Michael Moore,Moore,MichaelMoore,Fahrenheit 911" />

I guess if we boiled it down to a dozen or so terms for SeptemberClues, we could just choose:

conspiracy (to help people understand how that term is bandied about & abused)
tv fakery (the term which best describes the theory)
no planes (another term which has commonly been used to describe the theory)
september clues (the name of the documentary obviously)
simon shack (to direct searchers of his famous name to the important research)
WTC7 (a buzz word for looking into "the conspiracy" for many people)
war on terror / terrorism (to get people curious about terrorism to see where it comes from: TV)
hoax (nicely encapsulates most of modern civilization)
vicsim / vicsims (something we coined and which should remain an attraction to the site)
propaganda (it is research into propaganda, after all)
forensics (since we are basing everything on forensic digital examination)
9/11 / 911 truth (although an execrable term, another thing which might be cleared up for those searching for it)

and ...?

fake physics? science? imperialism?
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby RogerSmith on September 24th, 2013, 4:04 am

The ones you've narrowed down are a point to work from, but you'd really want to be as specific as possible.

General keywords are saturated in search results, a keyword like "conspiracy" alone would not be a very good one - rather, "9/11 conspiracy", or even better, "9/11 conspiracy truth" or something even more specific would be best.

"tv fakery" is a great keyword because it's not as saturated and it's a specific name of this "field of study", I guess we can call it.

"no planes" is another great one, but only so if used in conjunction with something else. "no planes" alone would be overruled by billions of other pages, you would want to go with "9/11 no planes" at the very least.

Ditto on September Clues, obviously a necessity, same case with Simon Shack.

"WTC7" is another case of being overly general. Try "WTC7 conspiracy", "WTC7 demolition", "WTC7 truth", something like that.

"war on terror" would be a near pointless keyword because the many faux news outlets use this precise buzzterm themselves, you'll get no cred from Google for it. It could be useful if you tried "war on terror" followed with, as you've likely noticed by now, an added word to make it a bit more specific. I'd suggest something but aren't too sure about this one myself, it can go many ways. "9/11 war on terror truth" for example.

"vicsims" is perfect as is.

"propaganda" is too general. "media propaganda research" maybe, or "propaganda in mass media".

"photograph forensics"

"9/11 inside job" seems like a good one to me.

You could end off at 13 keywords, or maybe come up with another three variants of "9/11 truth something or another". Less is really more when it comes to web design.

--------------

If you don't mind other suggestions, the description is also too long:

<meta name="Description" content="On 9/11, the US TV networks used computer generated sceneries of Manhattan. Multiple techniques of image manipulation were employed to simulate 'airplanes crashing into the World Trade Center'. We now have conclusive evidence that the TV networks were proactively complicit in staging this false-flag operation needed to gather public consensus to wage immensely profitable, illegal wars. The forensic analysis of the live images leave no room for doubt : they do not depict authentic imagery nor real airplane crashes but turn out to be entirely doctored video sequences which effectively fooled the worldwide TV audience. Thus, the live broadcasts now stored in the major TV networks' archives, constitute the most solid, verifiable and repeatable proof to expose the falseness of the official version of the 9/11 tragedy." />
</head>

I would end it at the length of the first sentence you have there, and try to mash as many keywords, synonyms, and/or similar topics into that one sentence whilst still keeping it a legitimate, concise, and coherent sentence.

-----------

Now, modern SEO is also based on a few other factors, the meta details aren't actually major players any more. I don't know if you saw my earlier suggestion, but I highly recommend you use a service like Cloudflare to do several things - namely, speed up the site, sustain uptime, and provide security. I know there can be concerns with putting a service behind the site, but Cloudflare has expressed strong net neutrality principles, and has a track-record of transparency.

http://blog.cloudflare.com/why-transparency-matters

-----------

And a very basic issue with the site is that all the pages are delivered through iframes, this alone makes any SEO effort effectively pointless because search spiders wouldn't pick it up anyway. The content should be separated into proper pages with descriptive URL slugs, e.g. http://www.septemberclues.info/futher-video-analysis

Once that's done, you would also want to have the meta details be unique for each page instead of consistently identical.

It would also be valuable to give the images proper alt and title tags, and off-load them to a cookie-less domain, create a sitemap if there isn't one already, deploy a robots.txt file, and employ some sort of caching at multiple levels. I don't know what server set-up the site has going on, but you would want to always use htaccess caching or equivalent.

I think there are also heading tag errors and generally unfavorable site coding construction, but the main issues I've outlined above. I hope this doesn't seem like too much, I'm just pointing out what I feel could help the research receive the additional attention it deserves.

----------

Edit:

I read this; http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1531

"it has no limits of disk space or bandwidth."

Those sort of unlimited everything plans have hidden conditions in their TOS that specifically restrict you from going "unlimited". The words "unlimited" and "unmetered" in web hosting are just marketing ploys made for unsuspecting small website owners who don't have substantial content pools to begin with. Since there doesn't seem to be anything special about the current web hosting set-up, I suggest if you ever feel the need, jump ship to a reputable VPS service like Linode:

https://www.linode.com/

With Linode, you can also get a valuable backup plan that automatically creates complete monthly, weekly, and daily backups. I also hear good things about this company though I've not used them myself:
http://asmallorange.com/hosting/cloud/

If need ever be, you can always go offshore with Linode as well - among other reputable VPS services.

In respect to this:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1531#p2379393

Duplicate content is a major SEO penalty. If wishing to use multiple domain names, there should be a 301 or 302 redirect. If wanting the second domain name to serve as a backup, it would be better if it pointed to a separate server with a duplicate of the content, but kept private or redirecting to the main site until actually needed.

A general side-note, the way domains are structured, there has been recent uproar over the ICE, yes indeed, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), seizing domains like crazy.
https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech-n ... reaten-due
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2011 ... e-lofgren/

If wishing for any protection on the domain side of things, you'd want a domain not operated by US based infrastructure or regulations. Cluesforum.it for example.
Last edited by RogerSmith on September 24th, 2013, 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
RogerSmith

Postby anonjedi2 on September 24th, 2013, 4:40 am

Hoi,

I would definitely add the term "psyop" or "psyops". Perhaps "deception" and "psychological warfare" as well. Even "false flag" might be worth considering. Also, the general terms of "fake" and "hoax".
anonjedi2

Postby AmongTheThugs on September 24th, 2013, 5:32 am

Facebook considers this forum a spam site. Whenever I share a link to Clues Forum it comes with a warning.
AmongTheThugs

Postby RogerSmith on September 24th, 2013, 5:37 am

Many SEO aspects play off each other, if Google doesn't have a high opinion of a site, neither will Facebook, and vice versa.

The lack of any meta tags on the forum, plus duplicate content penalties, other SEO issues, and general lack of quality of .info sites probably makes this one recognized as guilty by association.
RogerSmith

Postby simonshack on September 24th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Dear RogerSmith,

Thanks muchly for your suggestions and your concern regarding the Septemberclues.info website - much appreciated! I'll soon get in touch with Hoi via Skype to address these issues - and act upon your good tips and advice(Hoi is far more proficient in such matters than myself...).

:)
simonshack
Administrator

Postby anonjedi2 on September 28th, 2013, 5:38 am

NUKE HOAX THREAD:

PAGE 1
Post by brianv on December 3rd, 2009, 5:40 pm
Broken image link at: http://www.lanl.gov/orgs/pa/photos/imag ... -0520.jpeg

by simonshack on December 11th, 2009, 2:57 pm
Broken video link at: British Bomb test propaganda :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLFRIiflSgU

PAGE 5 by nonhocapito on October 21st, 2010, 5:51 pm
Broken NY Times link at http://www.nytimes.com/pages/interactiv ... _atom.html
anonjedi2

Postby hoi.polloi on September 28th, 2013, 11:45 am

Thanks, those users can edit their own posts, but for now I will put warnings on those posts.

In the future, it's best to avoid this by simply copying the image to your computer and re-uploading, then adding hyperlink below image to original location. Not as easy with slippery YouTube, that seems to just love moving and removing videos under critique.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby brianv on September 28th, 2013, 12:23 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:Thanks, those users can edit their own posts, but for now I will put warnings on those posts.

In the future, it's best to avoid this by simply copying the image to your computer and re-uploading, then adding hyperlink below image to original location. Not as easy with slippery YouTube, that seems to just love moving and removing videos under critique.

The thread is locked hoi, and I've found the missing image at wayback.
brianv

Postby simonshack on September 29th, 2013, 12:15 am

A PSYOP CHRONOLOGY DATABASE

I think this psyop chronology spreadsheet is great - and should have its proper place on Cluesforum.
It is an initiative of abirato / http://www.fakeologist.com :

http://bit.ly/18ic0iZ

It's a bit like a Wickedpedia page, in the sense that anyone - [ehrm, in the case of Wiki] - can add on to / edit it.
simonshack
Administrator

Postby RogerSmith on September 29th, 2013, 1:26 am

That database is interesting to say the least. What I personally don't like about it is it suggests some things are fake but there aren't any links. I searched the appropriate Fakeologist website for information on Deepwater Horizon being a fib, but there were no results. I had better results searching Google, which showed several links confirming just how phony the images were indeed. But then there are things like "the Illuminati" listed on there, which even if I search any search engine, I'll just get a wasteland of nonsense.

On that note, there doesn't seem to be a Deepwater Horizon thread on here either. There is a "BP oil spill" thread, but the evidence is buried in pages and mixed with other things. And then I searched for Illuminati, only to find someone else mentioning:

"and I really think we should have a dedicated thread where to dump all this crap, for future memory"

I too also feel there should be an Illuminati thread.
RogerSmith

Next

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips