REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read
hoi.polloi

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

simonshack wrote:Exorcist,

Welcome to the forum. Just FYI, a former admin of Nukelies.com - "Rerevisionist" - is among our members and has posted here in the past on a dozen occasions: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p2363461

I presume you are familiar with him? On that thread I linked to, there's also some chitchat about this Jesse Waugh character. Let me add a trivial thought that occured in my mind: I don't suppose Jesse is in any way related to the famous writer Evelyn (whom George Orwell much admired) ? <_<

"Evelyn Waugh and the Jews": http://digitool.fcla.edu/R/QDNP8CBXPPHJ ... ndle=GUEST

A George Orwell quote :
Orwell, an admirer of Waugh's writing, concluded that Waugh was "almost as good a novelist as it is possible to be ... while holding untenable opinions."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Waugh
The trivial musing is worth musing about!

It's also interesting what Exorcist says about the forum closing voluntarily because of a may-have-or-may-not-have been cowed admin. This is also how 911movement went down, too, allegedly.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Eskimo has come to be considered offensive, especially in Canada. However, it remains an acceptable term for northern peoples in Alaska—including the Inuit Inupiat and the non-Inuit Yupik—and the only encompassing term for all of these Arctic peoples. It is also used worldwide by historians and archaeologists.

The name declined in use because it was thought to stem from a Cree pejorative meaning “eaters of raw meat” rather than from the Inuit people's name for themselves, but this etymology is now discredited (in fact, both the Cree and Inuit ate raw meat).

In Canada, Eskimo has been superseded by Inuit for the people, which name has official status, and Inuktitut for the language. The Inuit group of Canada's Western Arctic call themselves Inuvialuit. Greenland natives also call themselves Greenlanders or Kalaallit, and their language Greenlandic or Kalaallisut.

Also note that Eskimo does not include the related Aleut people (Unangam), nor the Indian or First Nations peoples of the Arctic. source
Even if the "raw meat" bit wasn't erroneous I see nothing wrong with eating raw meat and I have several friends who eat it and they have never displayed the least bit of offense at being identified as someone who eats raw meat (in fact they're rather proud of it) so I think this whole business about it being a derogatory term is a bit silly. There are well known products that use the term Eskimo in their name and I have never felt the least bit condescending when I have used the term and, in fact, I'm rather fond of those northern people and admire them. So, in short, I think the whole thing is ridiculous and another example of the media trying to create "hate" and racism where there is none.
Exorcist
Banned

Unread post by Exorcist »

lux wrote:
Exorcist wrote:lux Do you have any hobbies/interests?

I'm a bit of a muso and play guitar.
Mostly photography now and I collect and use vintage cameras. I was a musician many years ago. I played drums and guitar in rock bands in the San Francisco Bay Area back in the 1960s-70s. But I gave it all up years ago.
I played in amateur Pop, Rock, Blues and Soul Bands in the 60's. I've always kept my hand in. I also play Jazz and a little Classical guitar. I now use BIAB (Band in a Box) for my own enjoyment. Real Tracks is a great innovation. Input the chords, restrict the backing tracks to bass and drums and bingo!... failed Jazz Guitarist Nirvana!!!.... :D
I also doodle a bit on Hammond but I confess to being a crap keyboard player. Age and joint pain takes it's toll but I still enjoy it.... :)
Exorcist
Banned

hoi.polloi wrote:It's also interesting what Exorcist says about the forum closing voluntarily because of a may-have-or-may-not-have been cowed admin. This is also how 911movement went down, too, allegedly.
I didn't say the forum was closed voluntarily. It appears the Forum was taken down by the Jewish owner, the Administrator was not consulted and had no knowledge of the impending closure . IMO the psygremlin blog was a manufactured excuse for the "take down" using the Holocaust Denier tactic. I think the Forum was getting too near the truth on a variety of issues and that was the reason for it's removal. If the Administrator was "in on it" and the object was to remove good research he would not have resurrected the frozen forum for reference would he?

It appears the same modus operandi was used on the Pravda.ru Forum. I recall reading somewhere on the net the excuse used was a fake DOS attack. Apparently various researcher/IT savvy people looked into it at the time and found there had been no DOS attack, and the site owner was Jewish (Goldsomething). Despite protestations from the site Admin that the "fake" DOS attack would be quickly sorted out and the Forum put back on line this never happened. Loads of good research from honest truthseekers vanished down the memory hole. Job done.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

^ When you say "the owner", the owner of what exactly? The domain name owner? The owner of the web hosting company? The site owner?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Hold on. If it was the owner of the web site that did it, then that is the same as what happened on 911movement.org

I am not clear what you mean by differentiating the admin and the owner. Please clarify, if possible.
Exorcist
Banned

hoi.polloi wrote:Hold on. If it was the owner of the web site that did it, then that is the same as what happened on 911movement.org

I am not clear what you mean by differentiating the admin and the owner. Please clarify, if possible.
Jesse Waugh stated on the site that he was the owner. Logically, if you are the site owner, you register or purchase the domain name and pay a server company to host it giving you legal title of ownership. You also purchase the Forum software. Presumably this arrives in a package containing a CD and the forum software manual, but most importantly the Key Code that gives the owner complete control. There would be a hierarchy of privileges built into the software which the owner can then assign to other members eg Administrator, Moderator, Member, Probationary Member whilst retaining the ability to override/alter the actions/decisions of, or remove the privileges of those in the lower ranks of the Forum. In other words standard Corporate pyramid structure.

To sum up ownership gives you the legal right and the means to pull the plug.

That was the situation with Nuke Lies as I understand it. When it went down I Emailed the Administrator to ask wtf was going on and with good reason. I’m not a prolific poster and the posts I freely contributed involved a lot of research, hard work, time and effort. At the end of the saga the Administrator had the decency to resurrect a frozen version of the site, which in itself, must have involved a lot of work . Therefore I can’t, in all fairness, blame him for the site's demise. If you require further information visit the resurrected frozen Nuke Lies site and/or Email the individuals concerned. I've nothing further to add.
Last edited by Exorcist on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

If Jesse Waugh was the owner, what has "Goldfinger" got to do with anything?
Symbionese

Unread post by Symbionese »

Hello all. I have been reading this forum for the past few days. I think it's great. I especially like the NASA exposures. I also can't help but chuckle every time I look into the Mychal Judge "snuff" moneyshots with the wheezing out-of-shape FDNY heroes taking smoke breaks as the first 9-11 martyr flops histrionically about. Remember - in an emergency, the first thing you do is grab a hard school chair to inefficiently lug a critically injured person to... his closeup!

About Me

Inspired by another bit of media fakery*, my handle is "Symbionese" and I live in the American Northwest. I have no professional expertise to offer but I am interested in this media fakery discussion. However I am a natural artist, and so is most of my family. For example without training I began sketching true to life images at a very young age; so did my sister. My parents have this natural skill as well. Now that I think about it I guess it's strange that none of us pursued the arts professionally; my sister is a gifted accountant, my dad is a cabinet maker, my mom was an office administrator and I am a retailer ("e-tailer").

I mention this not to boast but because certain anomalies stood out to me regarding the 9/11 imagery. When I drew others' attention to the bizarre images they would or could not "see it", and would react emotionally (not in a positive way). So I lurked at a popular 9/11 conspiracy forum and I learned some things but the site dynamic just wasn't my cup of tea.

Regards,

Sym

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbionese_Liberation_Army
Nasaspotlight

Unread post by Nasaspotlight »

Hello. As a long time lurker, I am just about finished reading every single post on this forum. I am a long time student of the Apollo hoax and even created my own youtube page, which is a long story in and of itself. However, for your verification purposes, my youtube name is Nasaspotlight. I made one video (not very good but I did present most of my research up to that point), uploaded and commented on a few older NASA documentaries (the comments are within the docs themselves), and I used to host the post Apollo 11 press conference until moonmovie.com claimed copyright infringement and youtube took it down without my permission (how a Nasa press conference is copywritten by Jarrah White and the the moonmovie.com posse I’ll never understand?)

I also had a solid presence on the Amercian/English version of the Pravda message board under the name “Apolloshadow”, when the board still existed and the moon hoax thread exceeded 500 pages (back in late 2009-2010).

I am no math/physics expert, I just conduct investigative research into areas that interest me. I hope to contribute to your forum in a positive way. I already see one or two items I would like to add to threads, but nothing new or earth shattering, just my two cents and experience researching the space fakery over the past decade plus.

The pace of my research has slowed to a crawl lately. Nonetheless, I have a passion for truth.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Nasaspotlight wrote:Hello. As a long time lurker, I am just about finished reading every single post on this forum.
Nasaspotlight,

How on Earth did you manage to register here? I have not received any application request from you (as the forum settings now require), nor have I activated your account before these settings were implemented.

So, do you have some special cybernetic powers - or some friends in high places?
Nasaspotlight

I actually registered back in April and have been catching up on everything from this site (excellent, excellent work on sep clues the movie BTW) since I stumbled onto it from yet another one of my random google searches for “Apollo hoax” when I had some precious downtime. I had to get that red bull commercial out of my head (and more) so I retrieved my April email about registering and here I am. I hope to help, you (and the rest of the guys) do great work.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

<_<
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Nasaspotlight wrote:I actually registered back in April
Woops. Sorry, my bad - I should have checked your registration date! My heartfelt excuses - and welcome to the forum! :)
Nasaspotlight

simonshack wrote:
Nasaspotlight wrote:I actually registered back in April
Woops. Sorry, my bad - I should have checked your registration date! My heartfelt excuses - and welcome to the forum! :)
Thanks Simon. :)