CHANGES IN THE FORUM STRUCTURE

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read
nonhocapito

CHANGES IN THE FORUM STRUCTURE

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Dear, estimated members of cluesforum.info.
As you can see, a few changes have been carried out to improve the visible structure of the forum.

ALL THE CONTENT IS STILL THERE.

Things have been moved around for a number of reasons, but chiefly to give more focus to the urgent and relevant matters of our research; namely the ongoing investigation on the real nature of the 9/11 scam, and the constant inquiry into the diverse facets of media fakery.

Furthermore, the re-organizing has been accomplished to merge the former "research overview" material with the live, public material of the forum, according to topic and area of interest. This way, even if the "overview" threads remain closed to preserve the integrity of their archives, they have become accessible in a context that is more suited to them, next to open and growing threads on the same themes.

It must be noted that the threads of the former "research overview" area that have a more introductory and defining nature have been in most cases pinned at the top of their new forums. Others are mixed in with the open threads, but can always be recognized by this symbol next to the topic title: Image. Consider these topics simply as "archived". If you feel like taking part to them, there probably is another thread on the same topic open, in the same forum.*

The redistribution of material has taken me a few many hours of work: there can be threads that have been misplaced. Besides, you might feel that certain forums should be present or that others are redundant. For all these observations feel free to add comments to this thread.

You might have also noted that, with the temporary exception of this thread, there are no "global" cross-forum threads anymore, such as the chatbox. They have now their dedicated, always accessible forum on the board, here: http://cluesforum.info/viewforum.php?f=30

Is all. Enjoy our old & new, fantastically rich, historically defining forum.

~nonhocapito

* As the "research overview" threads are quite old (coming as they do from the old invisionfree board), the few admins who have editing access to them must be aware that some of the links inside the old posts can get corrupted after editing, for technical reasons related to the conversion that are too long to be explained. For this reason extra caution must be used in handling them, and all the "long" links in them must be manually re-inserted before submitting any change.
fbenario

Re: CHANGES IN THE FORUM STRUCTURE

Unread post by fbenario »

I like the changes a lot, especially the avatar pictures for some threads. Please use an avatar for each thread family on the Board Index homepage. The ones without avatars send a subconscious message that they are less important, and folks will be less likely to spend time on them.

For the Vicsims thread, or the Operators Of Fakery thread, please consider changing the current avatar to the image of Mychal Judge being carried. I think it is the iconic image of fakery, symbolizing every psychological factor that makes it hard for the anyone to contemplate the concept that both their oh-so-trusted media, and their own eyes, lied to them. You might add a subtitle to the thread also, such as 'Mychal Judge NEVER existed - and neither did any other 9/11 victim.'

The thing I miss most about the original Invision forum is the loss of member avatars. I very much would like to be able to use an avatar.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Dear fb, thanks for your suggestions, although I don't know if we can follow them! :)

To have an image for each forum area is not what we intended, because there is a need to *focus* on those particular areas that now carry a picture. For better or worse, it is desirable that the other areas are less prominent. Consider that this visual effect is mostly for the new user, since the old user knows his way around the forum and eventually doesn't need this sort of input. One can park oneself in the chatbox all the time if so pleases, it is a free forum :P

The picture of father M Judge: Interesting idea, we'll see if other admins pick it up. Personally i think that the photshopped faces of the vicsims are very telling. Not knowing any better, one could see the picture of father MJ as "real" at first sight, especially at a small size: but the vicsims portraits carry immediately the smell of fakery with them. So that's why one of them was favored (well, by yours truly :P).

Having avatars for the users: maybe I'm wrong but I don't see this happening. Hoi.polloi is very careful in making sure this forum does not become a place where we park our whole personalities and lives and, you know, he's probably right. Personal Avatars could encourage I think this feeling of "representation" of ourselves at the expense of the quality of the contents we produce -- the only thing that really matters. I might change my mind on this tomorrow, but I think for the time being I am interpreting correctly the general feeling on the matter by saying that we won't have personal avatars.

I know it sucks but by all means keep the inputs coming. Especially helpful would be indications of misplaced threads that need to be moved to other forums. While dividing the threads I had sometimes to guess by uncertain titles what the argument of a thread was.
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

The new organization looks great so far, very helpful for all the information this forum holds. I'm seeing threads I've not seen before, and I thought I've been paying attention.
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

Hello,

Wow all I can say is wow! I must admit I was scared for a few hours there hoping that this forum had not been ripped of the web, Like 911movement!
Thank-you Nonhocapito, for placing in the time n effort to reorganise n structure the cluesforum.info. You have made everything really organised as the tv fakery and and vicsims are in 2 different sections... and now I can also see threads I have not seen for a long time!

Avatars, I think it is great to see avatars being used to display a forum. I do think that using the Brad fetchet (or should I say "Forge" it :lol: :lol: ,) is a great Avatar do display the Memorial/Vicsim thread. As it gives a clear idea as to what it resources. I think you should leave it as that. I do think personal avatars are cool, but not important...

It is good to see reality shack is still here..

A new forum rule??

I have recently begun to archive all of septemberclues.org and I also will be going through all of reality shack and cluesforum to find out EXACTLY where EVERYTHING can be found in the footage and on the . It is a HUGE task, But thankfully to some awsome software my good friend is installing for me... I will be able to do it VERY quickly.
I do have this request to EVERYONE here... from now on ... If you place ANY gifs, pictures, movies can you please state exactly what movie it is from, what time in the movie ... and any possible links to the movie or pictures.
I believe this is logical n smart move.. Which will only benefit the research here and also convince the newcomers and naysayers.
considering we are exposing clues/evidence of the biggest crimes of the world. I really believe that resourcing evering thing we do to the very SECOND is a smart move... so can EVERYONE here please source there clues from now on! and even (if possible ) re-edit previous posts to include the sources!!

In a week or two I will open a Archive thread. Of things I have no
clue where they came from...

Thanks everyone.
Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Equinox on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Thanks, nonhocapito, so much for your work. It really looks great.
[When critiquing or posting alleged 9/11 visual "evidence" of any kind - like movies, pictures, stills, et al, c]an you please state exactly what movie it is from, what time in the movie ... and any possible links to the movie or pictures.
I agree. This is an excellent policy. Although obnoxious at first, it will make the casual reader be able to research for themselves much easier. Perps use broken links and unfinished web sites. Let's fight back on this easy front and make our references to their faults functional and plain to see for anyone interested. I know that even Simon has difficulty with this, so it may be a lot to ask at first. But as a team, I think we'd be able to find all the correct references.

For the vicsim area, I like the idea of using Mychal Judge - but the vicsim comparison is pretty eye-catching too. I don't mind what it is, and I agree that in time it will fade in importance - just as 911movement's graphics were more like orientation graphics rather than advertisements. But it's a good idea and I don't mind what images we use exactly. I think it looks nice now though.

The "big picture" threads are divided into smaller topics. Because each topic that isn't about media fakery or 9/11 or 7/7 directly is potentially huge and divisive, they are relegated to a sort of "et cetera" area called THE LIVING ROOM (http://cluesforum.info/viewforum.php?f=27). Please keep off-topics there, and even when there please keep them reasonable and not too distant from our focus on media culpability.

Thanks everyone.
RoyBean

Unread post by RoyBean »

nonhocapito wrote:Dear fb, thanks for your suggestions, although I don't know if we can follow them! :)

To have an image for each forum area is not what we intended, because there is a need to *focus* on those particular areas that now carry a picture. For better or worse, it is desirable that the other areas are less prominent. Consider that this visual effect is mostly for the new user, since the old user knows his way around the forum and eventually doesn't need this sort of input. One can park oneself in the chatbox all the time if so pleases, it is a free forum :P

The picture of father M Judge: Interesting idea, we'll see if other admins pick it up. Personally i think that the photshopped faces of the vicsims are very telling. Not knowing any better, one could see the picture of father MJ as "real" at first sight, especially at a small size: but the vicsims portraits carry immediately the smell of fakery with them. So that's why one of them was favored (well, by yours truly :P).

Having avatars for the users: maybe I'm wrong but I don't see this happening. Hoi.polloi is very careful in making sure this forum does not become a place where we park our whole personalities and lives and, you know, he's probably right. Personal Avatars could encourage I think this feeling of "representation" of ourselves at the expense of the quality of the contents we produce -- the only thing that really matters. I might change my mind on this tomorrow, but I think for the time being I am interpreting correctly the general feeling on the matter by saying that we won't have personal avatars.

I know it sucks but by all means keep the inputs coming. Especially helpful would be indications of misplaced threads that need to be moved to other forums. While dividing the threads I had sometimes to guess by uncertain titles what the argument of a thread was.
I have to agree on most points. I think most people I've referred the site to would probably have been more drawn in by the vicsim faces/comparisons. Nice job.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

fbenario wrote:
For the Vicsims thread, or the Operators Of Fakery thread, please consider changing the current avatar to the image of Mychal Judge being carried.
Dear Fbenario,

I think that having "Brad Fetchet" as the symbol of the Vicsims is most appropriate - and I commend nonhocapito for this choice.
What better 'avatar' for the Vicsims than the alleged son of Mary Fetchet, the president of "Voices of September 11" org, assigned with the fradulent task of listing the 9/11 dead for the upcoming "9/11 Memorial Museum" at Ground Zero?

http://www.911memorial.org/

I'm sure you know who Mary Fetchet is - and what she does for a living:

I cannot wait for Mary Fetchet to register on this forum and go berserk! :lol:
Brutal Metal

Unread post by Brutal Metal »

I give a thumbs up too, it looks really good! :)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Simon, just a little correction to your post above - Mark? Fetchett.

(Admin notice - simon) : Oops. Thanks Brian. It's "Brad" Fetchet, of course - corrected. It's hard to remember names of phantom entities! :lol:
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

simonshack wrote:Dear Fbenario
Simon, you've likely noticed that the original member of the forum who went by the username 'fred' disappeared completely very soon after Ozzy disappeared. I believe his very last post was in support of Ozzy. In retrospect, his disappearance at that time left us questioning whether he was actually a separate entity from Ozzy.

In any case, I would be fine if you, and everyone else, started calling me "Fred", since that is my real first name, instead of fbenario. I call you Simon instead of simonshack, so you can definitely treat me the same!
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

I'd like to think that Fred may still return.
In the past I've exchanged PMs with both of them on differing subject matters, & believe they are 2 different people.
hoi.polloi

Yeah where is Fred?
pshea38
Banned

Unread post by pshea38 »

fbenario wrote:
simonshack wrote:Dear Fbenario
Simon, you've likely noticed that the original member of the forum who went by the username 'fred' disappeared completely very soon after Ozzy disappeared. I believe his very last post was in support of Ozzy. In retrospect, his disappearance at that time left us questioning whether he was actually a separate entity from Ozzy.

In any case, I would be fine if you, and everyone else, started calling me "Fred", since that is my real first name, instead of fbenario. I call you Simon instead of simonshack, so you can definitely treat me the same!

To be honest, fbenario always reminded me of the long haired eastern european pool boy stud extra who
bangs the the frustrated mistresses of the 80's t.v. tycoons.

Of course i have long learned not to judge the book by its cover.

I miss the old fred, and i know i speak for all in saying, fred, if you are still out their on the righteous side,
don't be a stranger. We miss you.

But i welcome the new fbenario.
Hello Fred. You have big and valuable boots to fill. Fbenario was a towering figure.

Not in no particular order, i deeply wish to thank

simonhoipolloibrianvtimothymurphyfredwarriorhunnon
hocapitofbenarioantipodeanrealdeelequinoxtufaozzyeveryoneelse.

I like the new layout and appreciate all the work.
I wonder if a dante-esque slogan would be in order on the homepage?
Something along the lines of:
'Enter here all Ye who have abandoned old hope', or 'RealityFakery. The Ultimate Video-Game Revealed'.
Ye know what i mean.

While i'm here, Love to my 9year old son stephen, who inherits the world.
He knows of fakery, and the importance of keeping a strong spirit and sense of love.

I am in debt to everyone here.
hoi.polloi

Hello Fred. You have big and valuable boots to fill. Fbenario was a towering figure.
Don't get confused, now! ... fbenario is still here and is still named fbenario. We're just missing user "Fred" - a seemingly very different person who was posting on the forum with Ozzy for many years.