Local Psyops Theme Song

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
fbenario

Local Psyops Theme Song

Unread post by fbenario »

I can think of no better song to be the theme for a thread on local murders, among other esoterica. Nick Cave is one the greatest-ever unknown artists, and has a stunningly evocative voice. This song is eerieness personified!
"Red Right Hand" is a 1994 song and single from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

It first appeared on the album Let Love In, where it ran at 6:10. It was later released as a single at the condensed length of 4:48. It has since become one of Cave's signature tunes, performed at most of his concerts.

The liner notes for Murder Ballads points out that the phrase "red right hand" is from a line in John Milton's epic poem Paradise Lost that refers to the vengeful hand of God. The opening song on the album, "Song of Joy", states of a murderer: "It seems he has done many, many more, / quotes John Milton on the walls in the victim's blood. / The police are investigating at tremendous cost. / In my house he wrote 'his red right hand'. / That, I'm told, is from Paradise Lost."

The aforementioned appearance in Paradise Lost (Book II, 170-174) is: "What if the breath that kindled those grim fires, / Awaked, should blow them into sevenfold rage, / And plunge us in the flames; or from above / Should intermitted vengeance arm again / His red right hand to plague us?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Right_Hand

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxkUK3SQlWI
Schpankme
Banned

Re: Local Psyops Theme Song

Unread post by Schpankme »

fbenario wrote:I can think of no better song to be the theme for a thread on local murders, among other esoterica.

John Milton's epic poem Paradise Lost that refers to the vengeful hand of God.

Oh my yes, that is such a great pick!