13 people shot at Chicago park

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
anonjedi2

Re: 13 people shot at Chicago park

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Simon,

I'm not sure I necessarily have a problem with the photo you outlined. It could have been taken with a long lens set at 11/16 or 22, it's possible the yellow tape and cops could be in focus at the same time. The tape doesn't seem too far away from them. These lenses compress the depths at massive amounts, so a lot can be in focus. The reason why every pro photographer wouldn't go out and buy one is that they are huge and very expensive and you have to have a tripod to use them so they aren't very convenient or mobile. They are usually designed for sports photographers and reporters and are about 2 feet in length and extremely heavy and not very easy to maneuver.

Is there any way we can find the .exif data for this photo to verify? Is it possible this type of lens was used?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... _5_6e.html

Thoughts?
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

Here is an update on the story:
Chicago Police investigating a mass shooting that left 13 people wounded in a Back of the Yards park arrested a man with a semi-automatic handgun at a nearby home, but he was not charged in the shooting.

Voshon “Ov” Simmons, 38, of the 5400 block of South Paulina, was charged with one count of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and three counts of possession of a controlled substance, according to court documents.

A woman approached officers on the block where Simmons lives less than two hours after a 3-year-old boy and 12 others were wounded in a 10:15 p.m. Thursday shooting in Cornell Square Park to report a man standing in front of a nearby building had a gun, according to court documents.

As officers approached, Simmons rapidly walked towards a nearby basement entrance with his right hand under his hooded sweatshirt, prosecutors said. The officers saw the man open the basement door and throw a chrome, semi-automatic handgun into the basement.

Officers prevented Simmons from closing the door and detained him at 11:55 p.m. Thursday, according to court documents. Inside, the officers found the gun, more than 1,500 grams of cannabis worth $25,500 and 116 grams of suspected cocaine and heroin.

In court on Sunday, Simmons’ lawyer argued that police searched the home without a warrant and said Simmons has two children and a granddaughter. Judge Donald Panarese ordered Simmons held on $100,000 bond.
A person running topolice to report someone carrying a gun is extremely rare. There's a lot to be skeptical of here.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2273 ... jured.html
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

anonjedi2 wrote:Simon,

I'm not sure I necessarily have a problem with the photo you outlined. It could have been taken with a long lens set at 11/16 or 22, it's possible the yellow tape and cops could be in focus at the same time. The tape doesn't seem too far away from them. These lenses compress the depths at massive amounts, so a lot can be in focus. The reason why every pro photographer wouldn't go out and buy one is that they are huge and very expensive and you have to have a tripod to use them so they aren't very convenient or mobile. They are usually designed for sports photographers and reporters and are about 2 feet in length and extremely heavy and not very easy to maneuver.
Anonjedi,

The sentence I've highlighted in red is the most common misconception which many people have about photographic lenses. Telephoto lenses such as the one that you mention (which every pro/press/sports/paparazzi photographer would surely own) are notoriously tricky bitches. Apart from being heavy, unwieldy bazookas, they certainly do not 'compress the depths at massive amounts' - quite the contrary: the main difficulty/trickiness in using them - and to get used to - is precisely due to their very limited depth of field (as compared with shorter lenses).

Moreover, and this applies to photo lenses in general, it is the area closest to the photographer which will be the more sensitive to 'blurring' - as illustrated below. This is why that foreground yellow police ribbon (with sharp, perfectly readable letters) in the image we are debating seems artificial and optically impossible to me. I am currently looking out in my garden through my old 200mm Minolta zoom lens: my bicycle is standing 1 (one) meter in front of a tree. When focusing on the tree, the bike is completely blurry. And this is just with a 200mm lens; a 500mm lens or upwards would only amplify this 'problem'.
http://aptnk.in/2011/02/understanding-depth-of-field/

The above-linked photographic site also rightly explains that there's a limit as to how much you can close your lens aperture to achieve a longer depth of field.
"5. Setting aperture to its lowest setting WON'T result in highest depth of field. Diffraction is a competing phenomenon that causes decrease in depth of field at very low apertures!"

One of my first photography teachers - and legend of motor racing photography - Keith Sutton
(who used me as a young assistant, handling his monster telephoto lenses - back in the days...)

Utah

Unread post by Utah »

hoi.polloi wrote:America is a war factory. That is its present purpose. Every President gets a war, and every peace time gets its propaganda to set us up for the next one.

I am not saying Americans are heroic enough to even understand that their country is essentially a war factory or that they must boycott the operation at every step of the assembly line, but if they were and they did, is television really going to stifle the insanity of the war profiteers who suddenly lost their means of profit? Has 'American culture' matured enough to actually eliminate these slimy fucks and put them out of business once and for all time? Doubtful.

Instead, the war profiteers probably need to have some other sick product that keeps their vampire-like lust for power sated. Like propaganda and simulation tools. Their next big export. That's why civil war is in the cards, if the world allows America to continue pushing its drug of choice on the global scene (it seems to) and Americans try to do something about it. They will be targeted by the war profiteers. And Americans won't even know why they are fighting. It will just be to sell to both sides of another artificial conflict that never takes out the crime families.

Which is why the TV will probably continue to rule their lives, and the world at large. Until those in power choose to acquiesce to truth, the semblance of wars will continue and the TV will continue to lie about it all and why it's happening, which is to profit a handful of families.

I believe wars kill, maim and disperse targeted families and communities in humiliating and terrible ways under a shroud of propaganda. As the shadow of the simulation grows over American consciousness via TV, I don't like to think what could happen in our ever-widening blind spot. Whether these people are selling a domestic war or a foreign one, we mustn't buy.

Golly, I hope you're right that it leads to nothing, and I hope that the simulation is just a replacement product for the poor souls behind the products of war profiteering, and those behind it all are trying to quit the heroin-like drug of war for the more mundane drug of hoaxes.

But since guns are not going to be uninvented, and America isn't feudal Japan where there's some kind of "honor code" that even remotely resists the mechanical weapon, and we all generally "know as fact" that America was founded on war, genocide and other unpleasantness, and Americans continue to be giddy with bigger, faster, more numerous deaths at the push of a button ... what's happening on TV seems to be a Manson-like provocation to create something very ugly.

So my doubt isn't in the American people but in just how far the war profiteers are willing to go to continually fan the flames of their main form of profit, which is create conflicts and then sell to both sides.

On the other hand, there are insidiously equally destructive forms of war they can insert if anyone tries to take out the war machine, whether it's with guerrilla warfare or just passively supporting the security measures being sold to our fear. Humiliation by inspection, security patrols, x-rays, IDs and so on. Which is what has been happening. As of yet, we've only seen extortion and robbery of the peoples to create foreign wars to line the pockets of private war profiteers. If America finally succeeds in doing what it should have been doing for the last seven decades and that is shut down the ability for wars to get produced as a product in America, how are those who profit off of war going to take it? Well?

This is what I mean when I say I am concerned. It's not as if the simulation has no visible effect on people's mentality. It certainly is a form of terrorism. The media companies are the richest most powerful terrorists on the planet. The reason there is a war against terrorism is because they want a monopoly. Just like the CIA's war on drugs was to control the drug trades.

You're right that we should chill, relax and not get stressed out. It's not in our hands. But there must be a way to stop this in a peaceful manner. And I believe it could be through making people aware of what's going on, like we are trying to do on this site.
Hoi,
I fully agree with your assessment that the US in a war factory, in the business of exporting wars to other places. Perhaps, as I believe your post implies, the domestic gun-drama psyops are meant to keep the specter of a US civil war/unrest on the horizon, as an insurance policy of sorts. If Americans are able to shut down the export of foreign wars, the war machine would indeed have a reason to turn on the US population. But for now, Americans don't seem any closer to shutting down the war machine than they did during the Viet Nam era. Sadly, the US anti-war movement seems to have no teeth.

I like the idea of peaceful resolution through increasing awareness. I see many people on some level aware that something is not right, yet unsure of exactly what that is. Paradoxically, more and more people seem eager to eat up conspiracy theories and new age philosophies, yet somehow media fakery is too bizarre and unsettling for them to grasp. But I keep trying!

Thanks for your response; you have given me some things to think about.
Utah

Unread post by Utah »

lux wrote:
Are you aware of the gun bans that have already been carried out in other countries such as Great Britain, Australia, etc. ? Many of those people said the same thing, "It'll never happen here."
I'm aware that the Aussies and Brits have been disarmed. But I do think that this would be more difficult to achieve here in US. For one thing, us 'Mercins are more heavily armed, and in greater numbers. Two, we learned in history class that our country exists because an armed citizenry stood up against an evil empire. Gun rights are deeply embedded in the national identity. None of the gun owners I know (admittedly, I only know a handful) seem at all persuaded by the psyops, even if they fully buy into the stories on the tube.

Anyway, disarming the Aussies and Brits wasn't about starting a civl war or preparation for genocide. It seems to me that this action was an essentially symbolic- a psychological disenfranchisement of sorts. In my opnion, they will take it far as they can, but here in the US they can only talk about taking guns away. Unless they really do want a civil war. Which I don't think they want, unless, as hoi said, Americans figure out how to shut down the war machine. Until then, media will keep pushing the shoot-em-up stories just to keep in check- not to actually disarm us as the prelude to genocide.