Puglia Train Disaster - 7/12 2016, at 11:47

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Puglia Train Disaster - 7/12 2016, at 11:47

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

simonshack wrote:Dear Rusty,

As you may know (I didn't - but I just looked it up), the wooden cross pieces holding rails together are called 'ties' - or 'sleepers' :
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_track

So let me put it this way. How many ties (or sleepers) can you count in this image?

And how many ties (or sleepers) can you count in this other image?

Does this all add up for you - curvature-vs-dead-straightness and all? Thanks for your time! :)
Simon,

I just have a couple of observations to make about this incident that you may or may not have noticed. Your interest in the imagery of the "reporter" (by the track) is not lost on me, and something doesn't set well with me either. But first, this image is a head scratcher for me.

I have to wonder if it's possible for a head on collision to result in the crumpling of the impacted train carts while leaving the ones behind them on the track. One would think the force would cause derailment of the train behind the "impact zone" (for lack of a creepier expression).

Again, that "reporter" image seems off to me, so I looked at it closer for something more objectively problematic than the curve which can be dismissed (properly or not) as perspective etc. Please observe, and feel free to set me straight if I'm missing something here. I don't claim to be an expert of image analysis, but these appear to be objectively inconsistent.

Then there is this:

Last edited by SacredCowSlayer on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nonhocapito

Re: Puglia Train Disaster - 7/12 2016, at 11:47

Unread post by nonhocapito »

SacredCowSlayer » Today, 19:15 wrote:Please observe, and feel free to set me straight if I'm missing something here. I don't claim to be an expert of image analysis, but these appear to be objectively inconsistent.

Then there is this:

Two of those cables are probably support cables to hold the structure straight. In fact, despite the bad quality of that detail in the first picture above, they do seem to be stopping at that pole. Most likely, such cables do not run through every pole, but only support the poles in pairs. It would make sense, since otherwise a pole falling would take down the whole line.