Introducing the TYCHOS

Simon Shack's (Tycho Brahe-inspired) geoaxial binary system. Discuss the book and website for the most accurate configuration of our solar system ever devised - which soundly puts to rest the geometrically impossible Copernican-Keplerian model.

Re: Introducing the TYCHOS

Postby PianoRacer on May 2nd, 2018, 11:54 pm

patrix » May 2nd, 2018, 12:24 am wrote:You look at say the Sun in Neave at a particular date and note where the planets are. The easiest thing is to look for conjunctions. Both Tychosiums start at a Sun, Mars, Venus conjunction that occurred year 2000. And then you mentally switch between a birds eye and an earth view.
Thanks Patrix, I will give that a shot (along with Simon's recommendations).

I can get fed up with the type of attitude I think you are displaying. You want "knowledge" spoon fed. And if it's not served in the way you want it, you blatantly voice discontent.

Not sure where you are getting any of that. I don't want "knowledge spoon fed", I want a model of the "solar system" that lets me put the camera at any point on Earth, so I can compare observations I can make myself to the proposed model. We're not talking about a particularly complex 3d model here, we've got what, a handful of spheres traveling in predictable, circular orbits? Why is it so difficult to move the camera around in such a simplistic 3d model?

Sometimes you actually have to buy and read a real book to learn something you know. I suggest you do that in this case if you're genuinely interested in learning about the solar system and then come back with a somewhat more informed criticism.

I've read many books about proposed and accepted cosmologies - Simon is not, in fact, the first person to question the heliocentric model, believe it or not, nor to propose an alternative. Thanks for the advice though. As the flat Earthers have shown, the ability to raise doubts and point out valid flaws of the accepted cosmology does not mean that the proposed, alternative cosmology is accurate. Mr. Halley himself, after all, had drastically different ideas about the geometry and composition of the heavenly bodies than his contemporaries, to the point that he had his official portrait taken with his proposed model:

(A pretty grumpy looking guy, eh? Give us a smile for your portrait, Ed! Or were you unhappy about something in particular...?)

Anyway, quick question - am I supposed to be able to see the HTML/CSS/JS windows in Tychosium 2D? It seems like that is something that should only be shown to editors/admins, etc.

Last edited by PianoRacer on May 3rd, 2018, 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
PianoRacer

Postby PianoRacer on May 3rd, 2018, 12:12 am

for simplicity's sake - since it is easier to learn and control). Just dial into the "Go to date" box any given date of a Mars opposition, a Mercury or a Venus transit, or a Solar eclipse - and see if they 'pan out' (geometrically) with the Tychosium 2D simulator :

Thanks so much for these instructions Simon, this is exactly what I was looking for. Here is a random test that I did:

Mercury transit date: 1753 May 6
Tychosium 2D:

Seems to check out - cool! But what if I move time forward a bit:

Hmm, I don't see a listing for a transit of Mercury on the date given: 1754-04-19. I'm sure I am missing something obvious, but in the TYCHOS model, it seems like a mercury transit would occur every few months, which certainly isn't what we observe in the sky. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for the help and apologies if I am once again asking for "knowledge spoon fed" - or maybe I am asking for the "sun and the moon"! :lol:
PianoRacer

Postby simonshack on May 3rd, 2018, 12:38 am

PianoRacer wrote:Thanks so much for these instructions Simon, this is exactly what I was looking for.

You are very welcome.

PianoRacer wrote:Hmm, I don't see a listing for a transit of Mercury on the date given: 1754-04-19. I'm sure I am missing something obvious, but in the TYCHOS model, it seems like a mercury transit would occur every few months, which certainly isn't what we observe in the sky. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for the help and apologies if I am once again asking for "knowledge spoon fed" - or maybe I am asking for the "sun and the moon"! :lol:

Well, here's the thing dear PianoRacer: all you needed to do was to spend a modicum of your time reading that Mercury wiki page that I linked to:
"Transits of Mercury occur in May or November." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_of_Mercury

You can use the NEAVE Planetarium to see that Mercury passed above the Sun on 1754-04-19. https://neave.com/planetarium/

A Mercury transit across the Sun's disk only occurs in the months of May or November - when its orbit's inclination is aligned with the Sun as seen from Earth. Please do a little more homework before posting more questions on this thread, thanks. Patrix said it right: you cannot reasonably ask us to spoon feed you such basic knowledge - lest this thread turn into "first-grade astronomy class". I hope you'll understand.

As for your question : "Anyway, quick question - am I supposed to be able to see the HTML/CSS/JS windows in Tychosium 2D? It seems like that is something that should only be shown to editors/admins, etc." Well yes, the Tychosium 2D is meant to be an open source project, the development of which anyone may, if willing and able, contribute to. Moreover, it is a way for anyone to verify that all the computations involved in its making have used values (such as orbital periods, planetary speeds, relative distances, etc) entirely consistent with those that countless astronomers have laboriously established in the last centuries via empirical observation. In other words, no amount of fancy fudging has gone into its making.
simonshack
Administrator

Postby PianoRacer on May 3rd, 2018, 1:25 am

Please do a little more homework before posting more questions on this thread, thanks. Patrix said it right: you cannot reasonably ask us to spoon feed you such basic knowledge - lest this thread turn into "first-grade astronomy class". I hope you'll understand.

I do understand! Message received. I will keep my ignorant, ill-conceived questions to myself going forward. Thanks for putting me in my place! I am just grateful not to be labeled a silly clown (or other ad-hominem insults) for questioning your obviously infallible cosmology. I will silently look forward to the (allegedly inevitable) more complete 3d model, and do my best to keep my ever-present cosmological skepticism contained. Congrats again Patrix for your excellent, diligent (and presumably, pro-Bono) work! As a fellow programmer, I know how much time you must have put into this, and I understand your defensiveness for those like me who ask for more, more, more! Please don't take it personally.

All the best,
-PR
PianoRacer

Postby hoi.polloi on May 3rd, 2018, 4:43 am

I do understand! Message received. I will keep my ignorant, ill-conceived questions to myself going forward. Thanks for putting me in my place! I am just grateful not to be labeled a silly clown (or other ad-hominem insults) for questioning your obviously infallible cosmology. I will silently look forward to the (allegedly inevitable) more complete 3d model, and do my best to keep my ever-present cosmological skepticism contained. Congrats again Patrix for your excellent, diligent (and presumably, pro-Bono) work! As a fellow programmer, I know how much time you must have put into this, and I understand your defensiveness for those like me who ask for more, more, more! Please don't take it personally.

You have kind words, PianoRacer. Don't feel ignorant for asking questions. They are not ill-conceived, and the cosmology desires and deserves critique and testing. So thank you for taking the time to learn about it. You have, as many valid questions have done, raised good points and opportunities for all of us to re-learn the astronomy of millennia of study.

You are invited to make your own Tychosium with refined numbers and added features. That is why we offer the Tychosium 2-D as something like "open source" software where you can see and modify the code as you see fit.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby patrix on May 3rd, 2018, 7:06 am

Congrats again Patrix for your excellent, diligent (and presumably, pro-Bono) work! As a fellow programmer, I know how much time you must have put into this, and I understand your defensiveness for those like me who ask for more, more, more! Please don't take it personally.

All the best,
-PR

Thank you PR and please understand we're only humans and sometimes get frustrated and melodramatic. Including you. And we have reason to be suspicious. You write "presumably pro-Bono work". Yes as I've stated before this is pro-bono. I have other means and I hope this helps Simons research. I'm confident that in time people interested will find Simons work and see what I see - That it's the model of our Solar System that is in best accordance with actual observations and logic. They can only fool some of the people some of the time.

May reason prevail /Patrik

PS And since you're a programmer I'm inviting you to write the Earthly camera view yourself. PM me your email and I will send you the code and have a talk with you explaining it.
PPS
And as you wrote, yes it is simple but I have only so much time to devote so my hope is that Tychosium will become community driven.
PPPS
And if I would have had the insights I've gained by working with Simon and his model the last year, as a young man with interest in science and programming, I would be willing to give a lot to get an opportunity to work with this. But fortunately it's absolutely free since no one gets it yet.
patrix

Previous

Return to The TYCHOS model