BURAN - and the spaced-out Soviet efforts

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Well, folks

I had to open a fresh new thread for BURAN - even though the Space Shuttle and the BURAN shuttle are quite obviously intimately intertwined. Let's say it is all good for 'geo-political correctness and balanced fairness' - lol! I had all but forgotten about 'BURAN' - the Russian answer to the Space Shuttle ("which-only-did-one-unmanned-mission-circling-the-Earth-twice-and-was-swiftly-abandoned)". But it's a treasure trove of clues.

As I go along with the BURAN saga, I hope our 'East-block' forum members will contribute with insights of their own, as I certainly do not master the Russian language - which surely is a limiting factor for anyone digging into this old story. Old? Yes. Boring and redundant? No. Not now that we are slowly but surely exposing the entire NASA Space Shuttle Program as nothing but a 30-year-long, cosmic hoax. To be quite honest, I have been delving into the BURAN for less than 48 hours - but all I need to know is illustrated in the below images: BURAN's one-and-only lift off.

Well - wouldn't you know...the Russian Shuttle takes off in a (ridiculous) blood-chilling mushroom fire-cloud ! :rolleyes:

ImageImage ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid you not, this shaky camera shot was actually the one they showed on the TV news!...minus mushroom cloud in some cases (I guess it was simply deemed all-too-silly by the 'wiser' TV producers): "1988: Energia-Buran (USSR)" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99Q2MLIIRI
I don't think it's necesssary to point out how fake this video sequence is - but I'll do it nevertheless... What exactly is going on here? The only fire light we should have here is that from the BURAN's rockets. So WHAT could that fiery, 'mushroom hat' magically appearing above it be - other than a silly film forgery?

However, as any old cluesforum member here will know by now, such intercontinental mega-hoaxes do not rely solely on fake/forged imagery. In this case, the Russians seem to have built, at the time, some sort of airworthy aircraft. The BURAN test prototypes could actually take off like a normal jet fighter.
Now, how cool is that? "Test Buran Lift off" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_MjTjEXi7I

The most extraordinary part of this story - technically speaking - is that BURAN was a carbon-copy of the NASA Shuttle - down to the smallest details:

Needless to say (as I've mentioned before in the 'Endeavour' thread) - it is quite absurd that the original shuttle design hasn't changed a whisker for all of 30 years. But what to do with THIS further absurdity? Are we to believe the 'Evil Empire of the Soviet Union' copied/plagiarized that multi-million $ design down to the very last screw - and America just stood by and looked on? All this at a time when 'Star Wars Reagan' was pushing for the SDI missile shield...
Reagan announces Star Wars 1983 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U8cHjCBDFc
“The Soviet Union is an Evil Empire, and Soviet communism is the focus of evil in the modern world” (Ronald Reagan)

This is all for now, folks - there's a lot more to this but let's take it one step at the time. I hope the BURAN saga will, in due time, help unveil the unimaginable width and scope of the longstanding and multilateral SPACE EXPLORATION HOAX. I believe it is a much, much more important mass-deception than we have ever made it to be - since we concerned, down-to-earth people tend to focus (naturally) on the wars ravaging our planet. The point is - those who bring us the war horrors and those who give us those space-conquest 'thrills' are the very same bunch of deranged, low-life subhumans. They know no boundaries (the "Cold War" was a hoax too) and have been conspiring for way too long now. Enough is enough.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Image"The Soviet BURAN shuttle on its first-and-only launch on 15 November 1988."

Useful BURAN links:

WICKEDPEDIA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)

MOLNIYA (priceless!)
http://www.buran.ru/htm/molniya.htm
bostonterrierowner

Re: BURAN - and the spaced-out Russian efforts

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

There is a ( a still living) lone polish cosmonaut called Miroslaw Hermaszewski. He was a part of soviet block space program. I think there was at least one astronaut for each satelite state. He was supposed to come back from outer space in a ridiculously small , ball shaped thing. It doesn't relate directly to space shuttle program but it can mean that soviet block was as space PsyOped as western one. I personally remember Hermaszewski from my childhood.
Delurium
Banned

Unread post by Delurium »

interesting thread, I didnt even know about the Buran program.

For me the first video you linked is a clear fake. Or someone can please inform me what kind of professionals would allow a MIG to use the same airstrip, at the same time as the Buran is decending, to fly out (at the same time the Buran lands). Is this ment to be a joke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99Q2MLIIRI

1:03 - 1:04 you can see the MIG, yet on the alternate camera angle from 1:05 showing the para-brakes (being shot out at 0:58 - 0:59) but no MIG airplane. where does the MIG come from, where does it go and why does it not make any sound?

Who is the idiot that let these expensive pieces of equipment use the same air-strip, at the same time, without anyone caring that they practicly stroke eachother.

Or it is a great piece of Soviet efficiency, always use the same airstrip twice at the same time. When one goes down, one has to go up.

Also, 0:30. Please take a look at the tail-fin on the Buran. It looks really really huge and the "control-flap" or w/e its called, seems to be quite high up on the fin.
But when we look at the tail-fin in 1:05 and after, it looks completely different (at least for me). So is this the same plane we are looking at?

I am definitely no expert and no researcher, but these two flying objects never where there at the same time. I dont believe that for one second. And if the camera-angle from 1:05 did not include any time-jump from the previous angle, then where the hell is the MIG now?

And why does it not even make any sound whatsoever? I find this whole thing very very weird.

Last thing I react to is the shot from 0:43. A handheld camera filming the Buran from a angle that says us that the cameraman was above the Buran when it descends. Question; where was it shot from? We can see the landing strip start in the very beginning of the hand-held filming and that you can see that the Buran is moving like it was going in for landing, yet everything just looks so damn fake.

I am not any good at this, so if any admins want to delete this post and use the points I make, please do. Because I found this video very suspicious. And I am even more sad that these got out of production as they clearly beat the american program when it could even take off without the expensive rockets (maybe some economic reasons so the underlying consumerism could get implanted in the official system as well).

Thanks for the pictures of this program. Very interesting find, thanks a million!
simonshack
Administrator

Delurium wrote: Thanks for the pictures of this program. Very interesting find, thanks a million!
You're welcome, Delurium

There are many more interesting Buran pictures to come. For now, and speaking about 'millions', here are some more tidbits from the BURAN saga:

- The 'multi-billion dollar' BURAN project employed 1.5 million people. (no kidding!) :P

- The (unmanned and fully automatic/remote-controlled) BURAN shuttle was launched only once. It circled the Earth twice and landed impeccably - within yards of its expected landing spot. A resounding success. In fact, everyone agreed that BURAN outperformed the US Space Shuttle.

- Alas, it was thereafter deemed too expensive for the penniless Soviet Union - and scrapped. ("Sorry, folks - we were only playing around" - get your paychecks, pop a mean bottle of Vodka and forget about it").

- Thankfully, not all had been in vain, ladies (and gents) : the material for our deep-fryers was developed thanks to BURAN.
Can Soviet space shuttle save NASA's ageing fleet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nJkyA2ESPE (must-see video)
"Several heat resistant materials - which are even used to make deep-fryers - are the direct result of the research done during BURAN's development"
That is of course no mean achievement: have you ever given some thought to just how many deep-fryers we have on this planet today? With this in mind, the costs of the BURAN project appear negligeable against the quantum leaps of mankind's life quality (no BURAN = no fish & chips!).

In this other must-see video, we learn more about BURAN - from an articulate and knowledgeable Russian commentator:
Reporting on Buran http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OzdMMzNjE

"Bearing many aesthetic similarities to the US Space Shuttle..." (Oh, come on: is the guy fecking colorblind? :P )

"We believe crafts such as theez, will dominate close-orbit space missions in the very near future. By 2020, earth orbit flights may even be as commonplace - and as economical - as international jet travel is today".
Cheap space travels? Now that sounds real cool. I bet they'll serve crispy, deep-fried chicken on board. "Hostess! I'll go for the Italian menu: Apollo fritto!" -_-
simonshack
Administrator

Hmm. Odd - isn't it?

Btw - can you see one single living soul in the 3 above images? Yeah, I know - the Soviets were on a low budget, but stlll!...

Dots - or no dots? - that is the question:

The commies may beat America in space technology - but they just suck at photoshop ! :P

And somebody's gonna have to tell the Russians about camera tripods!
So, the Soviets had a million people working on a multi-billion ruble space project - and couldn't get a cameraman with a tripod film a steady shot of its glorious take off? And all the world TV networks got - was a couple of crappy/shaky video clips? Yeah, rrrrrright....

ImageImage< 2Xspeed
(yes - the two above lift-offs are meant to depict the same event...the one-and-only launch of the unmanned BURAN !) :rolleyes:
simonshack
Administrator

Re: BURAN - and the spaced-out Soviet efforts

THE BURAN SAGA - or "Baika" (cont.)

It is becoming progressively evident - after only a limited amount of digging - that the BURAN affair is as bogus as the US Space Shuttle program. Here are just a couple more comparisons of photos one may bump into - simply by navigating around the various Buran sites and videos:

Why can we find 2 pictures such as these? Isn't the first photo just the 'master template' used to fabricate the 2nd image?

What are we supposed to believe here? That the Soviets just adapted this massive missile assembly for the BURAN shuttle?

Of course, there are no easy answers to these questions. The bottom line is that the BURAN imagery is highly dubious. At this moment, I am torn between two thoughts: either the bizarre BURAN affair was, at some stage, a way for the Soviets to hold the US 'hostage' of their own Space Shuttle hoax - or (perhaps more likely) the entire space race farce is (and has always been) a US/Russian joint-venture. Please contribute with your own views on this, folks!

Now, here's an intriguing - or shall we say 'amusing' - comment I found on a Buran-related website:
Flight of the "Baikal" (top secret or elaborate hoax?)

The Buran.ru site maintains that there has been yet another flight of "Buran"-like shuttle, called "Baikal", performed in utmost secrecy on February 4, 1992. According to them, there is an interesting story associated with the naming of these ships. Everybody knows that "Buran" means a snowstorm. "Baikal", however, was the originally intended name for the program, scrapped in fears that some of the letters will burn out on landing and transform the name into "Baika" (which means a fairy-tale, untrue story), or even worse, into "kal" which means simply "crap".
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/11 ... space.html
The very official BURAN.ru website: http://www.buran.ru/

bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Of course, there are no easy answers to these questions. The bottom line is that the BURAN imagery is highly dubious. At this moment, I am torn between two thoughts: either the bizarre BURAN affair was, at some stage, a way for the Soviets to hold the US 'hostage' of their own Space Shuttle hoax - or (perhaps more likely) the entire space race farce is (and has always been) a US/Russian joint-venture. Please contribute with your own views on this, folks!
IMO its always been a joint venture . Americans had their moon landing , Soviets had their first man in space , first dog- Lajka , first satelite and the MIR ( PEACE) space station .By the way , PEACE was a favourite word of soviet propaganda :) This whole arms race was designed to hold Western Block in fear of USSR and what better scare tactics could be invented then enigmatic space technology in the hands of EVIL EMPIRE? Let alone all the $$$$ being made. Gagarin died in 1968 aged only 34 and 7 years after his "space" journey . Was he problematic to the powers? Wasnt he willing to play ball as smoothly as American astronauts? Maybe the Russians were not ready to take chances? Anyways I have never heard anything on TV suggesting that moon landing was a hoax and so had my mother . If USA and USSR were really hostile to eachother how can one explain this colusion? Not even in the 60s when the whole thing was done and the COLD WAR was in full gear was there any official mention of Apollo fakery. I have heard idiotic stories about Americans droping pests to kill our crops in the 80s or West Germans preparing to regain control of lost territories by force but nothing even remotly suggesting some foul play in NASA.

Joint Venture for sure like the whole COLD WAR :)
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

simonshack wrote:*

Of course, there are no easy answers to these questions. :huh: The bottom line is that the BURAN imagery is highly dubious...
two thoughts: either the bizarre BURAN affair was, at some stage, a way for the Soviets to hold the US 'hostage' of their own Space Shuttle hoax :huh:
- or the entire space race farce is (and has always been) a US/Russian joint-venture. ;)
bostonterrierowner wrote:Joint Venture for sure like the whole COLD WAR :)

...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT !

Moon Landing Hoax : Soviet/Russian Photos Faked With Small Models & Quirky Props (1 of 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIAHECzotSU
:blink: :o :lol:

:rolleyes:
reel.deal

NO STARS WARS - the colluding spaced-out Soviets !!!

Moon Landing Hoax : Soviet/Russian Photos Faked With Small Models & Quirky Props (2 of 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_I3BOa ... re=related
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:P
AlexJones

Unread post by AlexJones »

BURAN looks more ridiculously fake than NASA's fakery. No wonder it didn't fly again after the first launch because it looks to have exploded on the platform :D

I'm sure they built a prototype plane for the hoax and landed it for the publics entertainment, demonstrating what they did with all that cash. I'm thinking the whole thing is another way to steal people's money. Do you think they bought the craft from NASA in the first place, it wouldn't surprise me looking how similar both models are.

We should start another subject for the Hubble Space Telescope hoax, no shuttle equals no space telescope. It's interesting that ground based telescopes improved just when they launched the so called Hubble, the ground based scopes started to use adaptive optics and gained better pictures removing unwanted atmospherics. Also don't forget that they had to make an extra lens to make it see, out of focus it was when they sent it up :lol: You couldn't make this stuff up I'm sure they had a good laugh and made even more cash repairing it.
reel.deal

BURAN - the spaced-out Soviets

Test Flights
The first suborbital test flight of a scale model of Buran took place in July 1983. There were five additional flights of the scale model in following years. Aerodynamic tests of the full-scale Buran analogue began in 1984. This aero-Buran was worn out after 24 test flights and would not fly again. The last of these aerodynamic test flights was in April 1988.

Orbital Launch
The first and only orbital launch of the shuttle Buran was at 3:00 GMT on November 15, 1988. The flight was unmanned, as the life support system had not been checked out :o and the CRT displays had no software installed. :P The vehicle was launched on the powerful Energiya booster into an 247 by 256 km orbit at 51.6 degrees inclination. The Buran orbited the Earth twice before firing its thrusters for reentry. The flight ended at 6:25 GMT when the vehicle touched down at Tyuratum. The Buran 1 mission was limited to 2 orbits due to computer memory limitations. :)

Cancellation
After the first flight of Buran, funding for the project was cut. Although the project wasn't officially canceled until 1993, much of the work was halted long before that date. There were two other Buran shuttles under construction. The second orbiter, "Ptichka" ("Little Bird" in Russian) was originally scheduled for completion in 1990. The third Buran was due in 1992. Neither was finished. In November 1995, the partially completed shuttles were dismantled at their production site. The manufacturing plant is scheduled to be converted for production of buses, syringes, and diapers. :D

http://www.aerospaceguide.net/buran/
reel.deal

BURAN - and the CCCP MUSHROOM CLOUD

simonshack wrote:the Russian Shuttle takes off in a (ridiculous) blood-chilling mushroom fire-cloud ! :rolleyes:
http://www.buran.ru/htm/molniya.htm

WHOA ! its not surprising BURAN only made the 1 FLIGHT.
The AUTOPILOT got a bit upset having to NAVIGATE THE NUKE MUSHROOM CLOUD
...on the way to space.

:ph34r:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

It's not broody fair! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMmef04qGs

We in the Peopres Lepublic of China demand that we have equal lights on this forum. We can make cities appear out of the sky when it rains and we get totarry branked by you peopre! Not only that, we have broody Spice Ploglam too you know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOZa-RU6aDU

simonshack
Administrator

brianv wrote:
Not only that, we have broody Spice Ploglam too you know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOZa-RU6aDU

And a vely Spacy Spice Ploglam it seems, Blian !

Zhin(guy at left): " Gnnn...*glumble*... I just hate those #@§#€%# (ancient Chinese curse) clappy, cheap toy-helmets! ...
...Visol is much too heavy - and keeps dlopping down !!!"

Zhou(center): " Stop complaining, comlade Zhin! Look! - Chinese papel block much less heavy!"
Image(2Xspeed)

I once had a cheap, made-in-China motorbike helmet too. The visor's hinges were crap and when I pulled it up on hot days when stopping at traffic lights - it would soon fall down again. Due to glavity - of coulse. <_<

************************************************************************************************************************************************

In other words - and more seriously: I have just debunked the entire Chinese space program with ONE short gif!
Dmitry

Unread post by Dmitry »

simonshack wrote:*
Why can we find 2 pictures such as these? Isn't the first photo just the 'master template' used to fabricate the 2nd image?
Sure it is not. Look at the right wing please.