The Age of Media Fakery: Art Corner

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hoi.polloi

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Art Corner

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Not to mention the glass of their helmets would have shattered from expansion when facing the sun, gold or no gold!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

No offence meant to the Bonobo of the Congo!
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

MEANWHILE AT REUTERS....

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

I just love this picture caption by "Inquietologo", a great Italian blogger (and September Clues diffuser) :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

(my best translation) :

- "We have killed Bin Laden."
- "Woah! Do you have a picture that proves it?"
- "No - but we have a picture of us looking at the picture."
- "Conclusive."

:P

ps: ( btw, does Hillary look like she's going " OMG! What have we done?!" )
hoi.polloi

brianv wrote:Image

Not to be a prude, but this 'joke' would not translate well with any thinking person in America. In 'the colonies', African Americans have been compared to apes in order to demean and de-person them for hundreds of years. That's all I will say about it. I don't accuse you of anything brianv. I don't even want to imply an accusation. It's just a compulsion for me to express that I am unnerved by this humor.

Sorry if my taking offense is culturally weird or itself offensive or a sign of being programmed in a particular way.

In America, this would be conceived as a highly racist image, whatever its original intentions.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

hoi.polloi wrote:
brianv wrote:Image

Not to be a prude, but this 'joke' would not translate well with any thinking person in America. In 'the colonies', African Americans have been compared to apes in order to demean and de-person them for hundreds of years. That's all I will say about it. I don't accuse you of anything brianv. I don't even want to imply an accusation. It's just a compulsion for me to express that I am unnerved by this humor.

Sorry if my taking offense is culturally weird or itself offensive or a sign of being programmed in a particular way.

In America, this would be conceived as a highly racist image, whatever its original intentions.
When I did one with Bush was it considered racist? America? What's that?

I feel more sorry for the chimpanzee, as I already expressed, comparing him to a clown!

"African American" now theres a joke label if ever there was one. Colour is only a perception!

If that place you live is racist, not my problem!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Ps: Want to see something more offensive? Maybe I just should have stuck an asshole on his head.

edit: Poogle images "asshole". Look what pops up on the first row!

No offence to assholes everywhere on the planet I'm sure!
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

Meanwhile At The STRATOSPHERE.
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

simonshack wrote:*

I just love this picture caption by "Inquietologo", a great Italian blogger (and September Clues diffuser) :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

(my best translation) :

- "We have killed Bin Laden."
- "Woah! Do you have a picture that proves it?"
- "No - but we have a picture of us looking at the picture."
- "Conclusive."

:P

ps: ( btw, does Hillary look like she's going " OMG! What have we done?!" )

Meanwhile in the "Situation Room"

NY Hassidic paper ‘deletes’ Clinton from iconic photo

SOURCE- http://www.jpost.com/International/Arti ... ?id=219660

Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

geobro
Banned

Unread post by geobro »

Maat wrote:
geobro wrote: it would not be the first time in history this has happened watch oliver stones j.f.k the bit when kevin costner is on the steps with commander X ? i think who tells him about it being in the newspapers in new zealand as it happened .

not one person figured this out until explained to them in the thousands of people i have talked with but do not take my word for it just ask around yourself .or does the truth freighten you .ps i am dyslexic but not stupid as i retired at 42 ? to you :P
No one said dyslexia or dyscalculia makes anyone “stupid”. But making unsubstantiated claims about broadcast times because you evidently can’t tell time, and expecting people to accept random hearsay as evidence, is what proves you must be either stupid or a deliberate troll disinfo artist. :rolleyes:

Citing a Hollywood movie script as if it had any relevance is also stupid. :wacko:

I take it that “retired” is your euphemism for unemployable on government benefits? :P
not on goverment benefits bud or a wages slave and doing nicely :) not a troll either have a read of behold a pale horse if you think it was a hollywood script but as i say ask around or is that too much trouble maat yip the truth will set you free :rolleyes: too you
hoi.polloi

geobro wrote:
Maat wrote:
geobro wrote: it would not be the first time in history this has happened watch oliver stones j.f.k the bit when kevin costner is on the steps with commander X ? i think who tells him about it being in the newspapers in new zealand as it happened .

not one person figured this out until explained to them in the thousands of people i have talked with but do not take my word for it just ask around yourself .or does the truth freighten you .ps i am dyslexic but not stupid as i retired at 42 ? to you :P
No one said dyslexia or dyscalculia makes anyone “stupid”. But making unsubstantiated claims about broadcast times because you evidently can’t tell time, and expecting people to accept random hearsay as evidence, is what proves you must be either stupid or a deliberate troll disinfo artist. :rolleyes:

Citing a Hollywood movie script as if it had any relevance is also stupid. :wacko:

I take it that “retired” is your euphemism for unemployable on government benefits? :P
not on goverment benefits bud or a wages slave and doing nicely :) not a troll either have a read of behold a pale horse if you think it was a hollywood script but as i say ask around or is that too much trouble maat yip the truth will set you free :rolleyes: too you
And I know a dyslexic lawyer who is doing very well, thank you. You're not worth our time. Bye.
lux

Unread post by lux »

lux

Unread post by lux »

Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »