The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
Maat

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Unread post by Maat »

MrSinclair wrote:
anonjedi2 wrote:About an hour ago, the youtube video in Maat's post above had TONS of thumbs down votes on it.

Now it has zero. <_<
I added a thumbs down and it registered as a thumbs up. :angry:
Hmm, still zero downs. I tried to thumb it down when the up-count was 141 & it only subtracted one from the ups = 140 (down stays zero regardless). Hit down again & it cancelled that out so it's back to 141 :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ3z6T-WI7Q

Ok, since CNN or some stooge has obviously hacked Youtube's coding, I just reported the video for:

"Spam or misleading — Scams/fraud":

'CNN has hacked Youtube coding! The thumb DOWN dislike button does not register (it only subtracts from Like number counts).' ^_^

Guess we'll see if anything changes. They must be getting really desperate if they feel the need to micro-manage perceptions to that extent :wacko:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

I gave a thumbs down to that video - and the score went from 141(up)/0(down) to 142(up)/0(down ! :blink:

I then left that YT page open, went back to view it a few minutes later...and the score had 'magically' changed to 104(up)/36(down) !!!! :o :wacko:

So I refreshed the page again, and now it's 143/0 ... :rolleyes:
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:I gave a thumbs down to that video - and the score went from 141(up)/0(down) to 142(up)/o(down ! :blink:

I then left that YT page open, went back to view it a few minutes later...and the score had 'magically' changed to 104(up)/36(down) !!!! :o :wacko:

So I refreshed the page again, and now it's 143/0 ... :rolleyes:
Confirmed, Simon:

I just clicked on it showing this:

I then hard refreshed (Ctrl+F5):

nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

I clicked on the dislike button and it said the feature is not available. Still 143/0.
2013-05-02 14_28_53-News & research.jpg
2013-05-02 14_28_53-News & research.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 13618 times
I want to assume this is some sort of convenient bug because like Maat said this micromanagement is absurd.
I gave thumbs up to the two most liked comments, and it stuck.
Then did the same with Simon's:
2013-05-02 14_39_36-Mom tells bomb victim_ Your foot is gone - YouTube.jpg
2013-05-02 14_39_36-Mom tells bomb victim_ Your foot is gone - YouTube.jpg (17.15 KiB) Viewed 13609 times
But after a hard refresh it didn't stick:
2013-05-02 14_40_12-Mom tells bomb victim_ Your foot is gone - YouTube.jpg
2013-05-02 14_40_12-Mom tells bomb victim_ Your foot is gone - YouTube.jpg (18.81 KiB) Viewed 13609 times
TrutherInTX

Unread post by TrutherInTX »

I think the perps are reading the thread. They have fixed the dislikes to show properly.

anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

For what it's worth, a friend of mine told me yesterday that Youtube had some sort of bug and that the thumbs down feature wasn't working across the site (how convenient). I verified this with at least a dozen other videos, so it seems to be true but still odd and a very convenient way to reset thumbs downs by blaming it on a system-wide bug.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

TrutherinTX,

No, it's still not fixed. Refresh the page & you'll see it revert to 151 ups/ 0 downs.

And as for the site-wide "bug" story, I don't buy such a conveniently timed "coincidence" for a second. :rolleyes: The best way to deflect blame from whatever Media perp did it is to affect all others the same way, of course <_<
sunshine05

Unread post by sunshine05 »

My son said there was a problem with the dislikes this morning so I just tried it. I first disliked a CNN video (not the one above) and it registered as a like. Then I tried to dislike one of my own videos and it also registered as a like.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

TrutherInTX wrote:I think the perps are reading the thread. They have fixed the dislikes to show properly.

Not for me! Just clicked a thumbs down minutes ago - and it went from 155 likes/0 dislikes to 156 / 0.

Yes, this seems to happen also with other videos - but the particular issue here is that the entire score keeps bouncing back and forth each time I connect to this CNN video - with the dislikes flickering between 30-something and 0 ...
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

I hope this is relevant here because of the content of that video. These people were chipper right after this event. I am talking about amputees. There are no drainage tubes or IV tubes. Pain management and edema management are critical in this sort of thing. Those people would be white as ghosts and gaunt from morphine and dysphagia. It takes like eight weeks or more of bed rest.
sharing

Unread post by sharing »

The "thumb down" button on:
worked here (in Japan), I just clicked and it went from 49 to 50 "thumb down" after hitting the refresh button.
Now: 28,064 views, 117 thumbs up, 50 thumbs down.
sunshine05

Unread post by sunshine05 »

Lazlo wrote:I hope this is relevant here because of the content of that video. These people were chipper right after this event. I am talking about amputees. There are no drainage tubes or IV tubes. Pain management and edema management are critical in this sort of thing. Those people would be white as ghosts and gaunt from morphine and dysphagia. It takes like eight weeks or more of bed rest.

Good observation, I agree. They're all made up, nicely dressed, nails done, well rested and smiling. That's not even close to being realistic, not to mention all the media in their private hospital rooms where they're supposed to be recovering. It's all so phony.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

sunshine05 wrote:
Lazlo wrote:I hope this is relevant here because of the content of that video. These people were chipper right after this event. I am talking about amputees. There are no drainage tubes or IV tubes. Pain management and edema management are critical in this sort of thing. Those people would be white as ghosts and gaunt from morphine and dysphagia. It takes like eight weeks or more of bed rest.
Good observation, I agree. They're all made up, nicely dressed, nails done, well rested and smiling. That's not even close to being realistic, not to mention all the media in their private hospital rooms where they're supposed to be recovering. It's all so phony.
Yes, it's just as ridiculous as suddenly bereaved parents not only agreeing to but chatting and smiling for media "interviews". Although I'm not sure what Lazlo meant by "dysphagia" (difficulty swallowing), the pain management would be a critical factor; and, quite apart from the obvious physical recovery requirements, the loss of a limb is well known as being psychologically equivalent to losing a loved one with the same grieving process.

Re: http://www.amputee-coalition.org/first_ ... ation.html

http://www.slideshare.net/jrod_reggie/g ... esentation
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

Maat wrote:
sunshine05 wrote:
Yes, it's just as ridiculous as suddenly bereaved parents not only agreeing to but chatting and smiling for media "interviews". Although I'm not sure what Lazlo meant by "dysphagia" (difficulty swallowing), the pain management would be a critical factor; and, quite apart from the obvious physical recovery requirements, the loss of a limb is well known as being psychologically equivalent to losing a loved one with the same grieving process.

Re: http://www.amputee-coalition.org/first_ ... ation.html

http://www.slideshare.net/jrod_reggie/g ... esentation
Good snag! I confused dysphagia, which close to 2% of morphine patients experience, with nausea and vomiting (emesis): Gastrointestinal (GI) side effects such as nausea and vomiting are common following opioid analgesia and represent a significant cause of patient discomfort and treatment dissatisfaction. I have had friends that were addicts and that is where I heard the term dysphagia misapplied (junkies often experience projectile vomiting and some aspirate it and die). We are always learning,hopefully. And yes, grief is a big factor which I had also considered pointing out but didn't know quite how to put it as succinctly as you did.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Clicking thumbs down produced no effect. Tried many times.