'Boat People Tragedy' - Lampedusa Oct3, 2013

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
simonshack
Administrator

Re: 'Boat People Tragedy' - Lampedusa Oct3, 2013

Unread post by simonshack »

"THE WOMEN WHO RESCUED 47 (non-Eritreans)"

This psyop is turning out to be of the most amateurishly-coordinated kind... I have to laugh over the sheer, goofy clumsiness of it all ! :lol:

These two (anonymous) very talkative ladies - watch video below, Italian-speaking readers - now say that they rescued "47" people. When asked WHERE these immigrants were from, they say it was "a mixed group from Tunisia, Syria and Libya". NO mention whatsoever of Eritrea. Well - big problem here: please note that ALL alleged 153 survivors in the now officially released list (linked in my previous post above) are supposedly from Eritrea ! (Note: the ladies say that some of the immigrants spoke a little English and Italian). Moreover, the two ladies actually claim that they (together with another private boat) rescued "at least 100 people" in all. They also angrily describe the sluggish reaction of the Coast Guard who, they say, arrived at the tragic scene 45 minutes late. Now, wait a minute: if the Coast Guard Commander says that his team saved 150 people (and 153 survivors are now officially listed), who exactly is lying? The two ladies or the Coast Guard? Hmm? All of them, perhaps?

http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/lamp ... ef=vd-auto

In any case, for the two ladies to have mistaken ALL of these Eritreans for Tunisians, Syrians and Libyans is simply totally absurd.
This whole story stinks to high heaven - and once again, I believe our efforts have now completely busted it as another fake event.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

That slide show of the rescue boat is also a bit silly. Why not bring the boat alongside the guys, instead of having to swim so far out to bring them back to the boat?

Oh, and is this boat in motion? Is that foaming at the back engine wash? I could be wrong, I'm not a boat expert or anything.

Hey, since you've had such a tragic experience, lets make this bit FUN!
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

The unknown ship-owner apparently sold 500+ tickets à US$ 1000:- in Libya for a 24 hrs trip Libya (?)/Italy (Lampedusa) no cabin, on deck, no food/wine/entertainment cruise to piss poor Eritrean tourists wanting to visit Europe, i.e. collected US$ 500 000:- ++ and everything seemed going right, when a mile outside Lampedusa the intact ship, if it ever existed, capsized in good weather. Or caught fire ... and capsized. And sank! In front of Italian and US TV! Terrible story! Worse than Costa Concordia - (only 32 dead). Etc, etc.

Anyone believing this story should be taken care of in a mental hospital. But media says it is true, so it is not necessary to worry. You are all right. But do not ask any questions. Just watch TV! Thanks to Simon we know better, though. Grazie.
PS I wonder what is in the body bags! :)
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

So the bets are open as to what the final death toll will be.

I go for "333". <_<
I think they are onto you Simon!

Channel 4 news:
With 111 bodies found so far, the final victim count in Thursday's migrant boat tragedy off Italy could reach three times that number.
I think they go with 500 so they can say things like 'Hundreds missing,' as well as 'Over 100 dead.'

I found this image of 500 people, just to put things like the sunken boat they found in perspective.

simonshack
Administrator

Heiwa,

What kind of ship is this?

Here's the alleged video of a scuba diver who descends to the ship which reportedly lies "at a depth of 47m"...

http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/videosto ... ?idMedia=1

Would this ship be able to carry 500 people ?
simonshack
Administrator

THE 8 "HEROES OF LAMPEDUSA"

Ooooh ok, I get it! The two ladies mentioned above (whose ridiculously fake story I've already roundly busted) are part of an actors' crew recruited for this psyop - to play the "commoner-hero" part. The largest Italian newspaper La Repubblica now has a photo gallery of the two bitches + their 6 fellow 'vacationers who "heroically saved 47 immigrants with their own hands". Dear Italian readers, get ready for an upcoming TV soap-opera starring these funny faces !

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2013/1 ... 52278/1/#1

Grazia Migliosini_____________________________________________________Linda Barocci
ImageImage
Vito Fiorito___________________________________________________________Alessandro Marino
ImageImage
Carmine Menna_______________________________________________________Sharani Anna Bonaccorso
ImageImage
Rosaria Racioppi______________________________________________________Marcello Nizza
ImageImage

Those portraits are "Hollywood material", folks! Do not believe for an instant that they are portraits casually / haphazardly shot today by some Italian news photographer to document this 'heroic bunch of friends who saved 47 immigrants with their own hands'.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

I was waiting for this:

The Lampedusa boat sinking was no accident
Vittorio Longhi
theguardian.com, Saturday 5 October 2013 00.02 AEST

By coincidence, this week the UN is holding a high-level dialogue on international migration and development, in New York. The slogan of the meeting is "making migration work" but that sounds like a rather dull wishful thinking, because each death, across each border, from Europe to the US to Australia, shows that the current migration and asylum policies do not work at all.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... u-migrants
We might see the THE 8 "HEROES OF LAMPEDUSA" involved in this meeting in some way, perhaps a photo-op with the Pope for good measure.

U.N. enforced borderless world.
Those portraits are "Hollywood material", folks!
Professionally developed facial expressions. I had a feeling about the first woman yesterday because the camera lingered on her 'tears' as the young 'survivors' were leaving the rescue ship, then last night she got that extended interview, now this. Those photos remind me of the way ordinary people are portrayed in Government advertising on Aussie T.V. The look is almost Iconographic, in the religious sense, as if these are our secular saints, worthy of emulation in devotion to 'humanity,' and consensus reality.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Would this ship be able to carry 500 people ?
Also, there needs to be enough room for them to all move to one side, to cause the capsize <_<
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Looking back, these are not even framed pictures.

Check top right, the frame is printed on. They are just photo paper, not even water damaged.

Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Actually any ship with intact hull just capsizing due to, e.g. 500 passengers moving to one side (LOL) will float ... upside down.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Strange video, complete with reptilian/zomboid effect - watch and listen from 2:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24405558

Local journalist asked about what she saw at the refugee center answers:
We journalists, we aren't allowed to go inside the center, but, ah, I saw, aah, what I knew. That there are so many people, about one thousand people in a place where about three hundred peoples could be now. And I saw many men and women and children sleeping under the tree.
I think that's what she says. Simon, maybe you can translate better.

She might have got her script wrong, he cuts her off pretty quick.

reptilian moment:

Last edited by dblitz on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Remember this headscarf?

Same woman, different guy, wrong kids.

And again:

dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

More details emerge, and more silliness:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/o ... -survivors
"They were all covered in fuel; they were slipping out of our hands," recalled Domenico Colapinto, a fisherman who was one of the first to reach the scene of the migrant vessel sinking off Lampedusa on Thursday.

"I grabbed a woman but I couldn't hold her. She fell back into the water as I called 'hold on, hold on'," he told the Corriere della Sera newspaper. "She was looking at me and didn't say anything; she was exhausted. She couldn't even float. I watched as she slid down, without a scream, with those eyes watching me."
a ferry arrived on the holiday island carrying 100 coffins and four hearses to collect the dead from a hangar at the airport. There they lay in rows, identified by numbers, many dressed in their best clothes as if waiting for a wedding.
???
As the light grew, five motor launches that had arrived to pick up floating corpses were seen returning to Lampedusa's port, their decks piled so high with bodies that some toppled back into the sea.
the 66ft vessel had burned and sunk rapidly
As the rescue effort continued, one body lined up on the quayside started to vomit water and fuel.
OTT.

This is probably the tree the journalist in the video mentions. What she 'knew.'

simonshack
Administrator

Woke up this morning - and got slapped in the face by the first lines of this article of La Repubblica: :rolleyes:

"Number 11, male, perhaps 3 years old".

The quoted line is meant to be a phrase uttered by someone doing the body count - in that hangar with the body bags.
This asinine obsession with the number 11 is really quite tiresome - and I have still not wrapped my head around its actual purpose. Thoughts welcome.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

dblitz wrote:
reptilian moment:
We don't do reptilian nonsense here! Please keep this shit for the 12 year olds video comments on youtube.