THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
ElSushi

Re: THE NUKE HOAX

Unread post by ElSushi »

CB, my bad, that's what happens when you try to make sense at a late hour of the night.
For sure, this does require a certain amount of entropy and intuition (right?), thanks for pointing this little irrelevancy Monsieur CB.
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

EDIT
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

CitronBleu,

Please provide some context or replacement content for your edits. You are disrupting the forum by replacing seemingly random posts with the word "EDIT"!
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

hoi.polloi wrote:CitronBleu,

Please provide some context or replacement content for your edits. You are disrupting the forum by replacing seemingly random posts with the word "EDIT"!
The Edit function is no longer available on older posts.
hoi.polloi

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

I see. My bad for not checking up on that. Anyway, you know what I mean.

B)
hoi.polloi

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

CitronBleu,

You have been temporarily suspended because you have gone back into a large number of your old posts this month and removed them. You posted recently something as useless as a "."

This destroys our forum and it is interpretable as sabotage, even though you have written well here and there.

Sorry if you are legit and we just need to clear this up, but until it is clear exactly what you are doing, we cannot allow it to continue as long as we have a choice in the matter. You also seem to have changed the nature of your posts since you received the FOIA documents and apparently claim to have had a panic attack, then started insisting on different terms for our forum. Please e-mail us to clear up matters so we can unban you as soon as possible. This is an emergency stopgap in case your account has been compromised.
poax a hoax

Re: NOT GETTING THE WORD OUT!

Unread post by poax a hoax »

Before i finalise my matrix of interconnected array of media bullshit, has anyone else tried to connect the dots - or at least identified any 'good-guys' >
Moros

Unread post by Moros »

Difficult to say. A lot of it depends on whether or not this system survives. It if falls, I don't think that we'll ever know. If it manages to go into hyperdrive, then it will become immediately apparent who was "good", and who was "bad", so-to-speak.
hoi.polloi

poax a hoax wrote:Before i finalise my matrix of interconnected array of media bullshit, has anyone else tried to connect the dots - or at least identified any 'good-guys' >
Fuck this level of incoherency. You are derailing topics now. You need to slow down, read our forum requirements, read the actual forum you are on and figure out what you can do here besides drop text slobber on everything.

Start here: http://cluesforum.info/viewforum.php?f=32

Please do not post again until you have processed where you are. Otherwise, start a blog and get out of here.
pov603

Re: Reviewing Hollywood snakery

Unread post by pov603 »

One thing that has become noticeable over the last few years [and had been intermittently used in the '80s/'90s certainly] is the use of 'Real' newscasters in films where impending doom awaits, or a major 'event' has happened.
The weird thing when watching the film/TV show is the impact this has on the viewer [me, in this instance] with regard to adding to the 'suspension of disbelief' hence buying into the fantasy that the film/TV is trying to portray.
In other words it tends to make the 'story' more believable/enjoyable.
After seeing this happen time and time again, it made me realize [belatedly I will admit] how complicit the newscasters are in that they will only read what is put in front of them.
In Anchorman, this has been demonstrated with the hilarious use of the autocue to try and derail Ron Burgundy's character.
In the same way that the newscasters will repeat [parrot-fashion] endless loops of news broadcast irrespective of whether they believe in, or actually know of, the event they are commenting on shows how this can easily be applied to any 'actor' involved in the '11th Sep 2001' events, especially when the reward [or threat] of money/retainers/future work/life/liberty/limb are used.
I'm not trying to exonerate any of the newscasters but one can see how people advertently become complicit.

Edited 'once'.
Edited 'twice' if I see it...
Last edited by pov603 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

pov603 wrote:One thing that has become noticeable over the last few years [and had been intermittently used in the '80s/'90s certainly] is the use of 'Real' newscasters in films where impending doom awaits, or a major 'event' has happened.
The weird thing when watching the film/TV show is the impact this has on the viewer [me, in this instance] with regard to adding to the 'suspension of disbelief' hence buying into the fantasy that the film/TV is trying to portray.
In other words it tends to make the 'story' more believable/enjoyable.
After seeing this happen time and time again, it made me realize [belatedly I will admit] how complicit the newscasters are in that they will only read what is put in front of them.
In Anchorman, this has been demonstrated with the hilarious use of the autocue to try and derail Ron Burgundy's character.
In the same way that the newscasters will repeat [parrot-fashion] endless loops of news broadcast irrespective of whether they believe in, or actually know of, the event they are commenting on shows how this can easily be applied to any 'actor' involved in the '11th Sep 2001' events, especially when the reward [or threat] of money/retainers/future work/life/liberty/limb are used.
I'm not trying to exonerate any of the newscasters but once can see how people advertently become complicit.
Why the wacky indentation?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

brianv wrote:
Oh Brian - aren't you being a tad too picky here ? :mellow:
hoi.polloi

Okay, I'll be picky too, then.
I'm not trying to exonerate any of the newscasters but once can see how people advertently become complicit.
You may have meant to write "one can see" how people "inadvertently" become complicit. Please, people, check your grammar and spelling so our site doesn't read like slop!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

simonshack wrote:
brianv wrote:
Oh Brian - aren't you being a tad too picky here ? :mellow:
Ok, I know my posts aren't exactly works of literary genius but I do try to be clear. And, what with all the stránge goings on here recently, I did wonder.
A simple reply like - "I posted from my phone", might have satisfied my curiosity. So now I ask again, why the wacky indentation? Surely the average reader would be put off by the layout of your post, I certainly was, I didn't even read it.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Remedium morbo gravius ​​sit

Perhaps if we had a “grammar, spelling and punctuation” thread we could move discussions of this sort there and thus preserve the topics of our main threads? Then people who are interested in such things could read all about them and those who are not interested could skip them? Just a suggestion.