THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hoi.polloi

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Well, then let's let it sit and maybe one day it will make sense to someone else with pieces to your particular hunt. For future posts, please do follow the format of our forum. Here are some suggestions: http://cluesforum.info/viewforum.php?f=32
Selene
Banned

Re: The SSSS

Unread post by Selene »

Simon, have you seen these videos...? :lol:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsXdF9RhCM

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDvKzY4aqA

I don't know if they're intended disinfo, real Tycho Brahe for dummies (me) or just funny clips with cherrypicked escapades, so it's not meant as promotion, but I am curious if you recognise the claims made in the videos from your research about Tycho "badass" Brahe...? I must say I had a good laugh watching the first one. :D

I wonder if you aspire to the same alleged badass status after publication of your heavens shaking Tycho-SSSS, Mister Tycho Gatsby Shack... :o :wub:

In the sheet, I've penciled in grey the in the first video stated facts (?, they seem to are different in the 2nd video) about Tycho's contributions and research (please correct if they're wrong; with better sources they'll turn black):

Selene

Thing is, I have now finally - after several years of steady studies - proved (to myself, at least - yet beyond reasonable doubt) that our [E]arth does rotate around itself - and that the Sun + all known planets revolve around it. Right now, I am hard at work finishing the text and graphics presentation of my final "TYCHO/SSSS" - which is nothing more than a slightly revised / refined solar system as prefigured by the greatest (in my opinion) astronomer of all times: Tycho Brahe.

As it is, I will soon provide a series of such points, disproving (with what I dare call 'the scientific method') the universally accepted Copernican model - once and for all. Let this effort of mine be, at least, an example of what I deem to be valid, thoughtful and well-documented cosmic research.

Simon Shack (2015 & 2015)
hoi.polloi

Sorry but the "post videos for laughs" thing is too incongruous. And you've slipped into a 'personality' discussion about Simon we don't have time for in the science threads (or any threads, in my opinion). Moved to derailing room for now.
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

Whaaat? Man....

You talked about "unity" the other day. I do not feel in any way united in terms of personality, humour, content (which is there to check for anyone) with you.

Neither do I recognise any authority from you. You and me are two humans trying to show the media fakery and interested in the Earth and Sky questions. You have your merits in your past research, I have mine.

I regard other than the DrTim troll Simon not as average but less as incapable of reacting and using his admin muscles where needed himself. You are the one speaking up for him and move another of my contributions to the Derailing Room. Where the stuff of DrTim did not belong, as it seems.

Why oh why this hostility against especially me and my efforts of spending time on, I ask myself. :wacko:

Oh and, yeah, talk to Seneca. Talk.
hoi.polloi

A bunch of your recent posts were left alone. I just flagged this one for being disruptive. Nothing personal. At all.
resolution

Re: Global warming - 'Chasing Ice'?

Unread post by resolution »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nSGJ7EMMiI
This guy is great for the everyman. Cuts straight through the bull.
resolution

Re: Charleston, SC "Church Shooting"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXW7I4OMkbg

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o13-qGA_ZIE

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81__Jc1ZEkQ

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAW9tO67zZY

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUqB-c9kOGQ
Interesting vids, no time to post a full summary other than, the CCTV footage usaged was for a day in the future and a different time of the day (morning) to the time of the bible study class where the supposed incident took place (evening) - last video.
hoi.polloi

You make time to summarize for your readers or you don't post. Moved to "derailing room" for blatantly ignoring our standard on this. This is your last warning on this. Either you make time to translate the videos into even the barest of summaries (it is honestly not much to ask of someone doing any research, which is what we seek) or you clearly do not have enough patience to post your research here. Sorry, but this isn't Facebook and it's not a simple platform for re-posting videos without also taking responsibility to include your thoughts and reflections on the valuable parts.

Any more posts like this and I will just have to ban you.
resolution

hoi.polloi wrote:You make time to summarize for your readers or you don't post. Moved to "derailing room" for blatantly ignoring our standard on this. This is your last warning on this. Either you make time to translate the videos into even the barest of summaries (it is honestly not much to ask of someone doing any research, which is what we seek) or you clearly do not have enough patience to post your research here. Sorry, but this isn't Facebook and it's not a simple platform for re-posting videos without also taking responsibility to include your thoughts and reflections on the valuable parts.

Any more posts like this and I will just have to ban you.
Oh whoops, sorry Hoi. I made a post without knowing about this one. Can I revise them in here and have them moved back?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

resolution wrote:Can I revise them in here and have them moved back?
If you revise it, just make a new post in the relevant thread, dear resolution - that'll be fine.
fast67vellen2o

Re: Charleston, SC "Church Shooting"

Unread post by fast67vellen2o »

The arrest video of Dylan Roof.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj7PGbUlvOQ
hoi.polloi

Okay, I would appreciate that, resolution, thank you! Looks like so would Simon.

fast67vellen2o, you've got the same problem. You've been watching too many YouTube videos and you've gotten plain lazy as a researcher. All you can do is re-post a video? Seriously? No descriptive text, no opinions, not even a reason you're posting it!

Don't be a lazy researcher. Posts produced like this are useless to the site. You can promote YouTube videos on your social network sites.
Ataraxia

Unread post by Ataraxia »

I know I only have a dozen posts on this forum, and I understand entirely it's not my place to say it, but if the intelligent design/evolution discussion in the dinosaur thread continues, is it possible to splinter it off into it's own thread? That thread, should try and exist as an examination of the dinosaur evidence that the media tries to present to us as truth. I say this too because every other forum on the internet has numerous threads with thousands of posts of people arguing design/evolution, so why come here and do the same? Go to one of them and argue it forever. This is one of the few forums ostensibly free of the argument, yet now this place has to be dragged down as well? Put it in the Living Room if people are compelled to argue it.

Besides, the cynical side of me immediately thinks it's done to bury the evidence and hide it among dozens of argumentative posts. For example, in this thread of the Amanda Knox case (which might merely be another fake incident itself), there are over 25,000 posts. Yet unlike more jocular threads, you can't just jump into that thread and add your two cents. To have an opinion, you have to essentially skim the entire thing. Most of which is now garbage. It's perhaps important to note too, that thread was one of the few places where the majority of the people believed her to be guilty. Just like as done here, many posters there did careful and full examinations of the evidence to prove her guilt.

Yet numerous new posters, who were all a part of her PR team (and were proven to be so), came into the thread and posted more than ten thousand messages of worthless argument. 10,000! And they are still posting there. They never needed to make sense, they never needed to make a good point to defend their side. Their purpose was only making the thread unreadable so you can't see the evidence presented, forcing you towards more traditional/manipulative sources for your information--all of which affirm Knox's innocence, of course. If anyone has ever had any doubt of sock-puppets or shills or whatever existing on the internet, that thread shows some at work. The PR team even had a Facebook page where they were monitoring all threads about Knox and responding where problems arose (not unlike the Gamergate 'journalists'). All in the guise of regular people. You could find the links to it all in that thread, if not for needing to comb through 25,000 posts in order to do so.

I know there's an absurdly gargantuan difference between a dozen posts and ten thousand posts, but the concept is the same after all. It also turns the focus away from the evidence and towards the emotion and towards the ceaseless appeal to authority. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to anybody.
DrTim
Banned

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

Unread post by DrTim »

A lot of interesting info and viewpoints in this thread, as well as a healthy dose of distraction, disinfo and misdirection.

Let's just be perfectly logical here: an object known as ISS orbits the Earth. You can see it yourself. I have seen it with the naked eye, others have seen it through telescopes, some have photographed it. What this object is may be open to debate, but that it is there is undeniable.

Even if the ISS is a balloon, or some other such 'fake' structure, its bulk and weight would be greater than that of a satellite. Satellites can be tiny. You can fix a solar panel and three thrusters on a digital camera and call it a satellite. So I would say that the existence of ISS conclusively proves satellites are not impossible.

Why then, would some be so concerned to claim otherwise? As we see with the Flat Earth phenomenon, I would say a likely reason is to detract people away from detailed study of satellites and the secrets such studies may reveal. The satellite domain up in the sky is ripe for all kinds of spookery, psyops, and 'invisible wars' that the perps would rather you and I know nothing about. That's the real challenge to unravel.
hoi.polloi

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

DrTim wrote:A lot of interesting info and viewpoints in this thread, as well as a healthy dose of distraction, disinfo and misdirection.

Let's just be perfectly logical here: an object known as ISS orbits the Earth. You can see it yourself. I have seen it with the naked eye, others have seen it through telescopes, some have photographed it. What this object is may be open to debate, but that it is there is undeniable.

Even if the ISS is a balloon, or some other such 'fake' structure, its bulk and weight would be greater than that of a satellite. Satellites can be tiny. You can fix a solar panel and three thrusters on a digital camera and call it a satellite. So I would say that the existence of ISS conclusively proves satellites are not impossible.

Why then, would some be so concerned to claim otherwise? As we see with the Flat Earth phenomenon, I would say a likely reason is to detract people away from detailed study of satellites and the secrets such studies may reveal. The satellite domain up in the sky is ripe for all kinds of spookery, psyops, and 'invisible wars' that the perps would rather you and I know nothing about. That's the real challenge to unravel.
You are contributing to distraction and disinformation portions yourself by saying "existence of ISS conclusively proves satellites are not impossible" without first summarizing the dubiousness of the so-called photography, the question of why the ISS isn't always observed where it's supposed to be, and your definition of "satellite" — which must not be what NASA claims.

You didn't even add new information. You just started speculating off in some UFO dimension. WHAT?!

This qualifies as strong derailing for completely missing the point, not being logical about what you've read and what's more trying to throw the entire track into la-la land. I hope that was an accident on your part. If not, you are likely to be banned soon for this kind of behavior. Your petty name-calling of Simon was not a good move, either. You are really not demonstrating you have the chops to contribute here. Why are you really here, DrTim?