How "Terrorism" is "Financed"

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
hoi.polloi

How "Terrorism" is "Financed"

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

This talk — besides seeming like little more than a typical, "politician" sort of posturing move of another power player — seems to be a coalescence of all sorts of stories that fall under the mainstream Psychological Operation words of both "economics" and "terrorism", having (supposedly) particularly to do with the Red Brigade. It may be difficult to watch without feeling sick or sorry for the audience being held captive by the speaker, but there are some interesting points, such as the notion that terrorism (or any sort of State resistance) is "a very expensive business", (suggesting that pretty much only a scam as large as another State could possibly pretend to resist a State). That the "U.S." can use "Seniorage" (is this supposed to mean 'seniority'?) to invent borrowed worth from the existence of its fictional petro-dollar enforced around the world ... okay. But ...

http://www.ted.com/talks/loretta_napole ... _terrorism

It is definitely odd and wrong that she can make such random non sequitur statements about "how terrorism works" (alleging specifically "7 or 8 people" in a leadership while thousands of others blindly follow) without mentioning that this is precisely how other enormous organizations — States, Religions, nations, etc. — might be comparable.

Uhh, so wait, pardone, scusi Signora, ma ... you're saying how "terrorism" works is there is a small cadre of power that makes all the decisions, while everyone else in the enormous group struggles to make money? Is there anybody who isn't a terrorist under such a definition? Is she unpaid?

What I find probably most hilarious is that the very question of how "terrorism" is "funded" has been the subject of literally decades of alluded stories that never appear in journals, and yet now — just when it's convenient to explain what the fuck "terrorism" is even supposed to be (when it's so improperly defined as war waged by any sort of resistance to State-based terrorism) — this Italian character appears to explain it all ... only ... she doesn't.

The title might more appropriately be called "My adventures in covering up power politics! by Loretta Napoleoni"

Simon, or any other of our Italian or even European members — do you know anything about this 'Loretta Napoleoni'? She is a "Marxist" is she? She "studies" the communist party, hmm? Why do so many self-proclaimed communists seem to perfectly resemble State intelligensia agents using "leftist beliefs" as a cover for why they spew un-fact checked "exclusive" endorsements of typical propaganda? Why does this so-called "Marxist" get air by PBS? (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... nance.html)

Does anyone doubt that she is just another paid player? By her own definition, she's a bluddy terrorist! In the end of her speech, inviting us to "enter the dark side", by asking questions, what does she really mean? :blink:

I wonder if this creepy person isn't appropriating the message of "research everything for yourself!" by associating it with such uncited "research" vulnerable to such typical "economic" and "terrorism" gobbledygook, keeping people buried in terms deemed perpetually "beyond" them, somewhere in a "dark" place.

Why are people clapping in the end? Did anything she say actually make any sense? I guess it's the polite thing to do. Then, there is this "funny" comment in the TED page:
Juan del Sur wrote:I find it interesting that this presentation - a great one, BTW - is presented by Goldman Sachs - one of the huge banking cartels. Is this how the banks control the speech we hear?
Apache

Re: How "Terrorism" is "Financed"

Unread post by Apache »

hoi.polloi wrote:That the "U.S." can use "Seniorage" (is this supposed to mean 'seniority'?) to invent borrowed worth from the existence of its fictional petro-dollar enforced around the world
"Seigniorage - profit made by a government by issuing currency, especially the difference between the face value of coins and their production costs. The Crown's right to a percentage on bullion brought to a mint for coining. A thing claimed by a sovereign or feudal superior as a prerogative."
hoi.polloi

Aha, thanks for that. Pretty similar.

But I must wonder in the case where the Fed actually profits as a private company more than the government, the government asks for Seigniorage from the Fed in exchange for the right to mint?
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

hoi.polloi wrote:Aha, thanks for that. Pretty similar.

But I must wonder in the case where the Fed actually profits as a private company more than the government, the government asks for Seigniorage from the Fed in exchange for the right to mint?
Here is a post of bto about the relationship between the FED and the government in the excellent topic "Who really owns the major companies in the world?"
bostonterrierowner wrote:Federal Reserve and Us Government are one entity , they work in collusion to fuck a little man :)

11110 decree is just another disinfo idiocy , please do not enter this rabbit hole .

Department of Treasury "borrows" from the fed but 97% of FED's profits go back directly to the Treasury . American Central Bank is just another whipping boy , being there for you to hate ." Good President evil FED" paradigm presents a false reality , truth is they are 2 branches of the same government/oligarchy . Yes it is a private corporation owned by the banks ( remaining 3% of its profits go to the shareholders as dividends ) but so in reality is everything else .

FED chairman takes orders from the Treasury and acts as its agent . United States , contrary to what is believed de facto has no debt at all , is not bankrupt and "out of money" as "Obama" once said . It is all bullshit , another psyop most vigorously pushed by Ron Paul , Tea Party and other shills .

When you print the interest on your debt , how can you go bankrupt ? :) Almost 1000 military bases all over the world are there to make sure everybody plays the ball and asks no stupid questions . It's a pure racket/extortion aka Pax Americana .

I hope you do not fall for this balanced budget crap talk too :)
hoi.polloi

That is a good point. With people like Greenspan saying they are basically "above" the President, however, I am not sure how much reason we have to doubt the boast. The Fed may be at the same level as the "shadow government" a.k.a. what sometimes we refer to as "real" powers (though it may all be bullshit and/or posturing).

I am only trying to wrap my head around this presenter's arguments.

Basically, though, she is/they are claiming that terrorism is financed in some abstracted way — comparing it to a pledge drive or a "hand out". I think that is part of the PsyOp of "terrorism" — this notion that terrorism is separate from the culture of government and that the way it collects money is somehow important when in truth it may only be the power of commanding attention, controlling supplies and monitoring personal relationships that the thinktank-type groups (probably occasionally more hidden than CFR, Trilateral, etc.) use to invent and use the notion that warfare is separate from or the enemy of terrorism, when in fact they are both psychological tools of the pedagogy of violence and/or State maintenance.
Apache

Unread post by Apache »

hoi.polloi wrote:But I must wonder in the case where the Fed actually profits as a private company more than the government, the government asks for Seigniorage from the Fed in exchange for the right to mint?
federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12799.htm
The Federal Reserve does not receive funding through the congressional budgetary process. The Fed's income comes primarily from the interest on government securities that it has acquired through open market operations.
Other sources of income are the interest on foreign currency investments held by the Federal Reserve System; fees received for services provided to depository institutions, such as check clearing, funds transfers, and automated clearinghouse operations; and interest on loans to depository institutions. After paying its expenses, the Federal Reserve turns the rest of its earnings over to the U.S. Treasury.
Seigniorage is just a fancy word for usury. The root of the word is "Lord of the Manor".

I find it amusing that they call usury "earnings" ;)