Stanley Kubrick and the Apollo Hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
fbenario

Re: Stanley Kubrick and the Apollo Hoax

Unread post by fbenario » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:08 am

anonjedi2 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:17 pm
Well, given how meticulous Kubrick was, it seems obvious that these "errors" are actually deliberate clues.
Clues left for whom?

Why would he do this? Ego? Bragging? To pat himself on the back? Hubris? To prove he was smarter than his paymasters?

anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:12 am

I don't know the answer. Clues for future clues-hunters like us, perhaps?

antipodean

Unread post by antipodean » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:30 am

I've been following this thread with interest. Just came across this image thought I'd post, in case it helps. (loved the Apollo 11 launch pad analogy)

Lisa and Louise Burns posing outside The Shining wardrobe department right before filming their classic hallway scene. (1979)
Us lying in the blood was one of the last scenes shot for the movie and I remember being worried, not because of the blood, but because it was going to be cold. Stanley was such a perfectionist and had planned exactly how he was going to pour the blood over us, so our main concern was just staying really, really still. We only had one set of blue dresses, so we had to get it right the first time otherwise the blood would ruin the dresses. I remember that was very challenging for Stanley because he liked to do many takes.
https://historydaily.org/iconic-photogr ... GK25mPBFMU