The "mannequin from the future- who turned porcelain white". Hypnosis? All the 11 business. Pure sc-fi.
I went off looking for Jeannnnwotever...Memorial Scams yay!!
She worked for UBS Paine Webber - http://www.ubs.com/ :rolleyes:
whose internal search function threw up the Batelle Memorial Institute
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battelle_M ... _Institute
The Battelle Memorial Institute is a private nonprofit applied science and technology development company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Battelle is a charitable trust organized as a non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Ohio and is exempt from taxation under Section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code because it is organized for charitable, scientific and education purposes. The institute opened in 1929 but traces its origins to the 1923 will of Ohio industrialist Gordon Battelle which provided for its creation. Originally focusing on contract research and development work in the areas of metals and material science, Battelle is now an international science and technology enterprise that explores emerging areas of science, develops and commercializes technology, and manages laboratories for customers.
Battelle has three business divisions:
* National Security ? Detection and protection against weapons of mass destruction, emergency preparedness/response and protection of critical infrastructure; focuses on integrating policy, operational, technological, and logistical parameters.
* Energy Technology ? Diversifying sources of energy, ensuring reliability of the energy system, and maximizing productivity for economic advantage. Includes industrial initiatives like FutureGen and coal conversion, developing commercially viable fuel cells, and energy storage beyond conventional batteries.
* Health and Life Sciences ? Proteomics, advanced computational biology, and medical device development. Includes initiatives such as sequencing the human genome.
In addition to operating three of its own research facilities, as of 2008, Battelle manages or co-manages on behalf of the United States Department of Energy the following national laboratories:
* Brookhaven National Laboratory (through Brookhaven Science Associates, LLC ? a collaboration between Battelle and Stony Brook University)
* Idaho National Laboratory (through the Battelle Energy Alliance ? a collaboration between Battelle, BWX Technologies, Inc., Washington Group International, Electric Power Research Institute and an alliance of universities)
* National Renewable Energy Laboratory (in partnership with Midwest Research Institute)
* Oak Ridge National Laboratory (through UT-Battelle, LLC ? a collaboration between Battelle and the University of Tennessee)
* Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
* Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (through Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC ? a collaboration between Battelle, BWX Technologies, Inc., Washington Group International, the University of California, Bechtel National, and The Texas A&M University System)
Nah, nothing there of any interest!!
An interesting quote from UBSPaineWebber now UBS AG
36 See Richard Zeckhauser, “Investing in the Unknown and Unknowable,” Kennedy School of Government
Working Paper No. RWP07-005, 2007.
Ignorance or “unknowable” situations are widespread and inevitable. As decision theorist Richard Zeckhauser points out, consider the consequences of climate change for financial markets or future terrorist activities: today, the outcomes are as “unknowable” as were the 1997 Asian crisis or the 9/11 attacks at the time. Interestingly, Zeckhauser argues that in the investment space the highest
returns are often achieved by savvy investors in such “UU” situations (unknowable unknowns), especially if they are also unique (“UUU“). See Richard Zeckhauser, op. cit.