September Clues SOUNDTRACK

Updates & comments about the movie that exposed the 9/11 scam
ElSushi

Re: September Clues SOUNDTRACK

Unread post by ElSushi »

Congrats to you Simon and to all the musicians who participated in this new album. Been listening it a few times already and my ears are already liking this very much :D
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Say thank you on my part to your ears, dear ElSushi ! :P

Hope you may find ways to make the Social Service "Big in Japan" ... (uh well, just some wishful thinking of mine...)

And dear Fbenario, I can certainly dig those Tom Robinson tracks you sent me - I may be a nostalgic-frustrated punk-rocker, you know? :lol:
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Say thank you on my part to your ears, dear ElSushi ! :P

Hope you may find ways to make the Social Service "Big in Japan" ... (uh well, just some wishful thinking of mine...)
Well, I would really entertain that idea dear Simon, seeing The Social Service perform live on stage in sushi land would be awesome for sure. By the way, how many "regular" members does the band count?

Meanwhile, what's pretty big in Japan looks and sounds more like this... <_<

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I55sHty3h6I
simonshack
Administrator

"WHERE CAN I FIND YOUR MUSIC, SIMON?"

Our esteemed forum member SacredCowSlayer mailed me today asking where he can find my band's (The Social Service) music. He had been googling it and couldn't find it. Well yes, I do realize that it isn't easy to find it, since googling "the social service" won't be very useful !

So here are again the links to my band's music.

On this Bandcamp page, you may find three Social Service albums:

https://thesocialservice1.bandcamp.com/ ... -in-vacuum

That is:

-"Sounds in Vacuum" - our latest album (2016)
-"Realitivity" - our next-to-latest album (2015)
-"Shake Yer Brain" - a collection of 12 "raw", totally improvised tracks - recorded 'on the fly' in my studio over the years.

Now, here's the thing : the Bandcamp website allows you to listen to all those tracks for free (in low / streaming audio quality). However, I do hope that some of you will wish to purchase & download the high-quality tracks - and in such way, help support our (currently-unsigned) band. My heart (and those of my band members) goes out to all music lovers who will do so ! :)

Here is the link to where you can download the September Clues Soundtrack - which, in case you were wondering, contains a 'medley' of sorts of our band's first two albums (i.e. "Save The Swines" and "No Fool"):

http://www.septemberclues.org/SCsoundtrack/index.html
(Note: on occasions, the download function of that webpage 'plays up', and fails to download the tracks to your computer. If this should happen to you, just contact me via e-mail at simonshack(AT)libero.it - and I will send you the full soundtrack via jumbo mail).

Thanks in advance to all future customers of my band's continuing activity! (although we are not, alas, playing live these days - due to a number of difficulties; these include my own, perhaps excessive and 'unhealthy' dedication to researching the 'Unsocial Services' that TPTB / aka "the Nutwork" have brought upon us - and the piss-poor independent music scene here in Italy which makes it nigh-impossible to make a living out of music - unless your band is signed by a major record label).
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

simonshack » May 31st, 2017, 4:52 pm wrote:*

"WHERE CAN I FIND YOUR MUSIC, SIMON?"

Our esteemed forum member SacredCowSlayer mailed me today asking where he can find my band's (The Social Service) music. He had been googling it and couldn't find it. Well yes, I do realize that it isn't easy to find it, since googling "the social service" won't be very useful !
Simon,

Thank you for still considering me "esteemed" on this outstanding forum. That means a lot to me, especially since I had to come right out and admit I was having trouble finding your music.

That said, I'm grateful for the experience of searching first. I got a chance to see the outright defamation on the web about you, Hoi, and the forum in general.

Keep up the great work. You are (and have been) pissing off all the right people. :)

And yes I'll be purchasing/contributing very soon.

I hope to have the time to be back and contributing substantively to the forum soon as well. Life has got me extremely busy at the moment. But it's a season that will pass.

Thanks for all you do.
simonshack
Administrator

Allrighty, folks - time for a new album release - courtesy of The Social Service :)

https://thesocialservice1.bandcamp.com/ ... hing-fishy

"Something Fishy" is the somewhat appropriate title of our 2017 album - since this mad world of ours is becoming ...uh, let's say... "ever-fishier" by the day.

I always find it difficult (as a songwriter) to comment on my own lyrics - and the music itself needs no 'explaining' - so I'll stop here and just hope you'll enjoy it all!

Anyways, here are the lyrics of this album - which (as ever) I "wrote" on the fly in my head - during the recording sessions in my studio :
SOMETHING FISHY album lyrics

SOMETHING FISHY
(Blue type lyrics by my old friend Marco Bacchi - a street-vendor with a flamboyant character - and amazing voice!)
Un, deux, trois
Quatre, cinq, six,
Sept, huit, neuf & dix !

Roses, thrown in your face
Is not a sign of loving
NOT a sign of loving
Is not a sign of loving
Bonjour Messieurs!
Bonsoir la guerre!
Bonsoir la France!

Is not a sign of loving
Well something here is very fishy
Aaaaaaaah !
Bonjour Messieurs!
Bonsoir la guerre!
Bonjour l'Italie!

Something here is very fishy
Bonjour Messieurs!
Monsieur Le Pen bonjour!
Qu'est-ce que tu fais ?

Is not a sign of loving
Not a sign of loving
Is NOT a sign of loooving
Bonsoir Messieurs!
Bonsoir la paz!
Bonjour la France !

LOVE IS TRUE
You know this is a love of a different kind
It's a sign of your own disposition
One fine day you may realize
That Love is a Lie, Love is a Lie
Unless you make it clear
That YOUR love is true
Your love - your love is true
You know this is a love of a different kind
It's a sign of your own disposition
One fine day you may realize
That Love is a Lie, Love is a Lie
Unless you make it clear
That YOUR love is true
Your love - your love is true

PACK OF LIES
(Obama clown): "Unfortunately, too many of our citizens have lost faith in our biggest institutions. Each of these institutions are full of honorable men and women doing important work that helps our country prosper."

(Simon Shack) :
It's a pack of lies
A pack of lies
(period)

PRECESSION
(NASA clown): "Ten, nine, ignition sequence start, six, five, four, three, two, one, zero, all engine run, LIFT OFF! ...We have a lift off, 32 minutes past the hour, lift off of Apollo 11..."
Centuries of mysteries falling into place
And all the while -
All the while it's been staring in our face
Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter
Swirling around in the sky
Swirling around in a way that didn't make any sense
Any sense at all
Coz there's something we've been missing all along
It's all about the precession
It's all about the precession
It's all about the precession, baby!

MAKE ME WONDER
You make me wonder
You make me wonder
Make me wonder
You make me wonder
Make me wonder

THERE LIES THE TRUTH

Follow your mind
Follow your brain
Follow your intuition
Coz there Lies the Truth
Follow your mind
Follow your brain
Follow your intuition
Coz there Lies the Truth

OVER ME
Nothing is harder to understand
Than the love of a woman
Who wants to stay alone
She tells me I'm only one of her friends
Only ONE of her friends
She calls me on the phone
And tells me I'm alone
I'm alooone - hmmmm
But all of a sudden she knocks on my door
All of a sudden - she has me on the floor
She's coming doooooooooown - over me !
She tells me I'm only one of her friends
Only ONE of her friends
I'm aloooone - hmmmm
But all of a sudden she knocks on my door
All of a sudden - she has me on the floor

RESOLUTIONS
No one's going to break
No one's going to break
My resolutions
No one's going to break
No one's going to break
My resolutions

SOMEONE SOMEWHERE
Someone, somewhere - is breaking the Law
Someone, somewhere - is breeeaaaking the Law
It's gonna be good
To break your bones
It's gonna be good
Someone, somewhere - is breaking the Law
It's going to be so good
To knock you down - like a rolling stone
It's going to be so good
It's going to be so good, babe
To knock you down - like a rolling stone

IN LUV WITH YSELF
You're falling in love with yourself
Coz everything you do is right
You're falling in love with yourself
Coz everything you do is right
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Great tunes!!! Swimming along already!!
fakeologist

Unread post by fakeologist »

We did a world album premier show today for Something Fishy:http://wp.me/p3PI2w-3zii
Thanks to Simon for coming by!
simonshack
Administrator

Dear all,

I've finally got down to publish on the internets a music project/ album of mine which I have, for unfathomable reasons (even to myself), kept in a drawer ... for 18 odd years!. Well, I guess I have suffered from my wretched perfectionist bend (I used to think that the mix/ sound of this album wasn't good enough for publication) - but now that I've remastered it, I'm pretty darn happy with it.

My "Dance on Evidence" project goes back as far as around the year 2000 or so (i.e. well before my "Social Service " band). It all kind of materialized through a number of sessions with various (fantastic) musicians that came by my recording studio back then. At the time, I was passionate about so-called "ethno" music - whatever that means. Anyways, here it is: "it's necessary"!

https://thesocialservice1.bandcamp.com/ ... -necessary
Make sure you click on "lyrics" - since some of those lyrics I wrote many years ago seem to be pretty 'foresighted'...

DANCE ON EVIDENCE - "It's necessary"

PS: It would be really nice if some of you readers would purchase this album - because I'm truly getting to a point where ends aren't gonna meet much longer (i.e., just paying my food and house bills, car insurance, etc...). This, in spite of having shown to the world that 9/11 was a TV hoax, that NASA is a TV hoax too, and that the Solar System we were taught in school isn't right). Poor me !
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

From the song Major Tom:
Major Tom to ground control
There's no reply at all
Nope, and a couple of years later you figured out why... :D

Excellent album and sound Simon.
simonshack
Administrator

"NO FOOL" - by The Social Service

Dear all,

Last week I uploaded an old album by my band titled "NO FOOL" (2006). The reason why I never got down - to this day - to publish this album is intimately related to my research documentary September Clues. At the time (as my band was recording that album), I was deeply absorbed by my 9/11 research - and this endeavor of mine almost completely disbanded my band... I certainly have to take the blame for it all. Fortunately, a few band members are still with me - and we keep making new albums (traditionally, approximately once a year), little by little - and as our time and daily commitments allow.

However, better late than never (as they say): here's the 2nd album of my band (The Social Service) which - due to "cause majeure" - was never released. This 2nd album of our band was a long labor of love which followed our very 1st album ("Save the Swines" - which got us signed with a small Italian record label) which is, in fact, nowhere to be found right now - in spite of having had a series of "rave reviews" in the Italian music press. I will upload it soon on Bandcamp though.

Please know, however, that I used several instrumental sections (parts with no vocals) of the "NO FOOL" album for my SEPTEMBER CLUES movie soundtrack.

So far (Oct 17, 2018), our "NO FOOL" album has had exactly 0 (zero / zilch) customers. Please consider to be the first one - if you think that my efforts (i.e. my dedication to the September Clues research / and later, to Cluesforum, the Tychos, etc...) which very nearly disbanded my band, were all worth it ! :)

NO FOOL (the album) : https://thesocialservice1.bandcamp.com/album/no-fool

Of course, you can all listen to it for free (on the Bandcamp site). But just consider purchasing / downloading (in top quality audio) the album, so as to support my efforts and those of my band. We - i.e. the five main/ historical band members - are quite penniless (or almost broke) folks who are "fighting" every day to make ends meet. Please believe me. Thanks! Even if you think that (to your ears, opinion & taste) our music sucks, please consider buying it anyway* - as a token of appreciation to my many "social service efforts" over the years. On the Bandcamp website, you can even choose to pay more than the album's basic price (15 euros) - if you're an appreciative fan of our efforts! Alternatively, you can just use the (lately little-used) donate button at the bottom of this page to show your appreciation of this forum's existence.

*(I will of course share any income from our albums with my band members)

I really do hope that none of our (Cluesforum) readers will go: "Aha!...So Simon is actually in on all of this - for the money!..." -_- :mellow: :rolleyes:
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

"simonshack » October 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm

I really do hope that none of our (Cluesforum) readers will go: "Aha!...So Simon is actually in on all of this - for the money!..." -_- :mellow: :rolleyes:
I just purchased this about fifteen minutes ago. It’s money well spent. And any idea that your years of research and hard work was to somehow lure a relatively small group of people into buying an album is not one I think would fly with our members.

FAR less intelligent people have been financially rewarded for relatively effortless “work” that is only matched by their shamelessness.

Keep up the great work my friend.

SCS :)
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Congratulations Simon! I love the first song on this album. Will buy.
Edit: After some more listening - This is a strong album. Shame its been unreleased for so long, but now it is and that's great! :-)
simonshack
Administrator

RELEASING THE ALBUM USED FOR THE SEPTEMBER CLUES SOUNDTRACK :)

Dearest Cluesforum members & readers,

I don't know how many of you care much about my music making - but for me at least, today is an important day : I have finally got down to release on the internets the very first album of my band, The Social Service. Anyone can now listen to it all for free - by going to the Bandcamp site:

Here is "Save the Swines" - our debut album which was first released in 2005 (on a small Italian record label) :

https://thesocialservice1.bandcamp.com/ ... the-swines

Please know that I used many of the instrumental parts of this album for my September Clues soundtrack - so those of you who've appreciated that soundtrack may now enjoy listening to the "full" versions of these tracks - vocals, choruses - and several extra additions and refinements.

I like to call this album our "historical" one, since it came about as our five-piece band was a very tight-knit one (we performed these songs around Italy for a couple of years) - and because the album was actually released (in conventional CD form - some of which I then found in my local record store) by a small Italian record label (CNI/Tomato) which, truth be told, didn't do much promoting our music - nor did they give us a penny from the sales of our album (before they suddenly folded down). Nonetheless, we were quite pleased (and, in fact, pretty damn astonished!) to read the incredibly positive reviews written by six different critics of the Italian Music Press. I am posting the English translations of those reviews below - if you're interested.

I do hope that some of you will appreciate the large amount of work and effort that goes into music making - what with the countless hours of man hours composing, rehearsing, (home-)recording and finally (home-)mastering of what can only be described as a "labor of love" (especially for bands like us, who have not made a living of it - FAR from it! Over the years, we have only depleted our own savings pursuing our love of music). So please consider downloading / purchasing this "historical" album of ours - all of my band's members have extremely low incomes (i.e. at the limit of sustainability in Italy) including yours truly.

Here you can read the six original Italian "rave reviews" of our Save the Swines album: http://www.septclues.com/TEXT%20FILES/R ... Swines.odt

And here follow my best English translations of the same:

"Save the Swines." This is the mission announced by The Social Service since the title of their debut album. The "Social Service", with its "volunteers enlisted between Rome and Norway", specifies better in the internal notes of the booklet that "this music can change your behavior (for the better)". True. Music has a great communicative and emotional power, and in this case to actually benefit from the promised "inner improvement" you have to prepare yourself and use the fluidity, the delicacy, of this music. That lies on a meadow where flowers bloom dyed with chill-out, soft electronics, world-music. Sounds current and in line with time.

The vocals are warm, sensual, reciting. Only sporadically they sing, preferring a sort of short narrative. A record, this "Save The Swines", that slides away like a liquid without obstacles, smooth as silk, soft as velvet. Well played, well produced, easily exportable. Fourteen refined tracks, which close with "Gray", to be listened to with the soft lights, the whispering voice, the delicate piano. The voice asks: "where will you go when the work is completed?". In the constant search for its own answer, maybe the "social service" can help us. Unpretentious, just giving us a musical background to help the mind relax and decide calmly.
Christian Amadeo - Rockit https://www.rockit.it/recensione/5292/t ... the-swines

"An Italo-Norwegian connection, this of The Social Service that plays very skillfully with pop and electronics, leaving ample freedom to space between ethno suggestions and dynamic grooves. The Tomato label thus returns to perform in a convincing and effective way the task of shifting the barycenter of CNI (the "mother label") towards lighter and carefree sounds, without forcing it to abjure its sound and cultural principles. What sort of social service the songs contained in this CD can provide is something that their harmonic brilliance and a very shrewd use of the voices lets you easily guess: to aggregate people in a club and entertain them amiably with its soft and sinuous, socially useful rhythmic figures".
Elio Bussolino - Rockerilla

"A warm and unique production. Two adjectives to define the sound and groove that The Social Service pour over their songs. "Looking Good", "One Day" and "Sillypain" break the ice, making it immediately clear that the transportive acoustic and synthetic sounds (this time the bio seems to be right!) sneak up on the listener, who immediately enters into symbiosis with Save the Swines, starting to beat his foot. "What man?" and "Niagara" breathe an air of novelty thanks to the slow momentum of serene rhythms ... it would truly seem to be a well-being therapy! "Speed" and the following "Dinamo", highlight the most groovy vein of the band, flanked by songs like "Wild" and "Time Out", born for soundtracks of heavenly landscapes. Total relaxation with the plush notes of "Take a Break", with the effects of Igor and Zyo (the two guitarists) that enter the mind of the listener in an almost pinkfloydian way. Simon Shack (composer and singer) whispers about the honeyed scores of "Plans" and "Gray". "Wonderfool World" plays, thanks to Zac, direct and involving bass lines, while Gilbeat's drums animate the atmospheres of "Hope". The line-up is tight-knit, with songs full of emotive, relaxing parts and dreamy imaginative backgrounds. Great album."
Stefano De Vito - CityMusic

"An album to discover!
Several years ago, in full flower power, the Jeffersonian guru Paul Kantner thought well to put on a project that should be the summa of the Californian movement. It materialized in a legendary album, "Blows against the empire", which objectively remained in the collective memory as the manifesto of the time. You can find almost all the musicians protagonists of the summer of love, who tell us about a spaceship / Noah's ark that allows you to exodate from the cruel world to a planet /den. A classic theme, which sometimes resurfaces. In the midst of our more prosaic and less enthusiastic times - albeit certainly less naive - the Italian-Norwegian project The Social Service has conceived a similar work. Here, too, it escapes into space, more modestly in search of a cure for the evils of humanity. Hence the name (from the late twentieth century welfare) of, precisely, Social Service. And this album is a nice surprise, filled with well-digested modernity: never intrusive electronics; discreet (post-)rock and sinuous 80's revival. Never sheeply - in spite of the great risks involved with projects of this kind . Congratulations to the label, the C.N.I., which has dared to go beyond their ethnic target that has characterized it for a long time and has struck center right away."
Luciano Marcolin - DiRadio

"Social Service debut album led by Simon Shack, Scandinavian founder of the band. Elegant and refined electronic music that combines rock, lounge music, world music and with deviations nu-jazz. There are tracks with a pressing rhythm ("One Day", "Sillypain"), others with more rarefied sounds ("Wild" absolutely the track I prefer), to make the record quite varied, the meagre lyrics in English only serve to break the base, without pretending to be the main source of the expressiveness of the project. The influences declared by Shack range from David Byrne as a soloist, to Brian Eno, without placing any constraints on the search for atmospheres and musical references. Very beautiful also "Dinamo" with the flute to be the master, "What Man" and the final "Gray" (with a Tom Waits voice). The CD album contains three videos, respectively of "What Man", "Wild" and "Time Out", added value for a high quality product. Relaxing and suitable for multiple situations."
U. Musti - Sonic Bands Magazine

Lots and lots of atmosphere. And a quest for new things. Here are the first sensations you can feel listening to "Save the swines", the debut album of Social Service, a band led by the Scandinavian artist Simon Shack. Released during the summer by the label Compagnia Nuove Indye, it's a record to listen to with patience. It can't be dismissed with a quick pass between one track and the next. You wouldn't understand it. Vocals that are very close to recital, to speech, but still manage to mix effectively with the music, to hide between the notes. The recipe followed by the group? Here's the menu: a velvety electronic rock that ranges from 80's new-wave to post-modern groove-rock. For English speakers we suggest the neologism of preposterous rock, spiced with glam aromas and a few splashes of ethno-lounge. All seasoned with minimalist lyrics, guitars and drums to support the harmonies and the rhythms of a band that seeks the warm fusion of acoustic and synthetic sounds. 
Federico Genta - La Stampa https://www.lastampa.it/2005/12/19/blog ... agina.html

"Preposterous rock" ! :lol: You've gotta love it!

I guess that, in this current world of ours, for any non-connected band to make a living out of just making music is just... preposterous!
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Wow. Thanks Simon. What a Christmas gift :D