Our Humorous/Awkward Position

All other news and developments related to 9/11
hoi.polloi

Our Humorous/Awkward Position

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

For some dumb reason, I clicked on a link to a UK Telegraph article, but I was rewarded with this amusing thing at the top.

The first thing that occurred to me, after just leaving this site, was that some DoD person assigned to come up with something to get out of their logical paradox-ville that they've created commissioned an ad. "Hurry up guys! Get inventing! We are out of ideas on how to fix this 9/11 mess!!! Come on, kiddos. Invent. Invent. We'll take anything at this point! We've hosed our plans!"

Unrealistic maybe, but it was an amusing thought. I wonder if anyone else has been occasionally bumping into things they find striking or funny about our present perspective of knowing a great deal, and the leaders completely ignoring it. Then, it occurred to me that a lot of us try to talk about this stuff with people on a daily basis - not imaginary encounters - but real conversations where we are dismissed in socially bizarre ways. And we just complain. We should be the ones laughing at the obvious ways in which people dodge the issue. Not pretending we are helpless.

Maybe it's time to start teasing the "big shots" who ignore us by laughing it off and seeing it how it really is; we know something pretty amazing about our systems of government and it's getting positively absurd how people avoid the issue and turn back to the glow of their TV screens.

Have you run into any awkward situations at parties or in public that highlight our strange dilemma?
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

hoi.polloi 4 Apr 5 2010, 01:20 PM wrote:

we know something pretty amazing about our systems of government
This is what gives me strength. I no longer care in the slightest if anyone else disagrees with ANYTHING I think or believe. Ridicule no longer causes me any trouble at all. I feel sorry for everyone scared to follow the evidence of their own eyes.

Sheeple.
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

Then, it occurred to me that a lot of us try to talk about this stuff with people on a daily basis - not imaginary encounters - but real conversations where we are dismissed in socially bizarre ways. And we just complain. We should be the ones laughing at the obvious ways in which people dodge the issue. Not pretending we are helpless

This is a mind set I often have to the effect that I sometimes try not to mention 9/11.
But I was pleasantly surprised this weekend, which I spent at the In Laws.

The new boy friend of one of the rellies, asked me what my thoughts were on 9/11. He said he'd always had doubts about the Pentagon. I told him my views about vicsims and fake companies, such as Cantor Fitzgerald etc.
Being a computer soft ware consultant with his own company, he went on to explain how easy it is to set up a fake company with a 6 month paper trail with staff pay-rolls etc.
Anyhow he's asked me to give him a copy of Sept. Clues. Maybe I should get in the habit of always having a copy in the glove box, you never know when it might come in handy.
hoop

Unread post by hoop »

... turn back to the glow of their TV screens.

I've always been convinced that this is the key Hoi.

Everything the public effectively learns and unlearns, is via that medium.

Case in point, one of my co-workers has been bringing up the moon landing subject, to anyone that will listen. She always starts out with "you know we never landed on the moon.."
I asked her why she thought that, she said she watched a documentary on TV.
She doesn't just doubt what she had always believed, she's convinced, just like that in.. I am guessing.. a one hour program.

The TV is key.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

hoop 4 Apr 6 2010, 01:43 PM wrote:
... turn back to the glow of their TV screens.

I've always been convinced that this is the key Hoi.

Everything the public effectively learns and unlearns, is via that medium.

Case in point, one of my co-workers has been bringing up the moon landing subject, to anyone that will listen. She always starts out with "you know we never landed on the moon.."
I asked her why she thought that, she said she watched a documentary on TV.
She doesn't just doubt what she had always believed, she's convinced, just like that in.. I am guessing.. a one hour program.

The TV is key.
Such people are not useful to this kind of research, because - more often than not - they will just as easily switch back to the ridiculous notion that we did go to the moon when they watch something that weakly criticizes the first film.

The TV isn't key; it's a military-developed brain weapon and nuisance that is sometimes barely used for "good" when put in responsible living rooms. Most people do not know how to watch their televisions skeptically enough, let along guard their children from its mental diseases.
MartinL
Banned

Unread post by MartinL »

hoi.polloi 4 Apr 6 2010, 04:47 PM wrote: Such people are not useful to this kind of research, because - more often than not - they will just as easily switch back to the ridiculous notion that we did go to the moon when they watch something that weakly criticizes the first film.

Speachless lol... :D

Taken from one of Norways biggest newspapers...
http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/04/29/nyhe ... /11503098/

Car drives through wall of 6th floor of Bank of America in Tulsa

Video: http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-new ... 4533.story
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

I always use the below illustration in my presentations to show why a building cannot collapse from top down to ground as suggested by NIST and the US government:
According NIST and the US government the small, weakest top part C of any skyscraper (1) can, step by step, (2, 3, 4, 5) crush/compress down the bottom parts A into rubble B from top down only by gravity. Four As become one B of compressed rubble!
POUFF, POUFF, POUFF, POUFF!
And when little C has crushed down A into B, B finally crushes up (!) C into more B (6). Then the whole skyscraper is a big cube of rubble that finally spreads out on ground.
It is really ridiculous and when you explain that it is IMPOSSIBLE everybody laughs. No professor of mechanics or structural analysis agree with NIST ... but as media does not report it nobody reacts. Then everybody starts to cry!