Satellites : general discussion and musings

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
smj

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

Unread post by smj »

Last edited by smj on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Hi smj

Thanks for your reply but I must say I find it hard to follow your reasoning. I don't claim it's intentional but you come off as a bit condescending and nonsensical.

I find it hard to explain for example GPS, global TV broadcasts and sattelite phones.

Surely fiber cables are doing most of the distribution of content today but that wasn't the case before and those disc antennas must pick up something.

What I meant with Occam's Razor is that sattelites is a way to explain what I mention that requires the least assumptions.

Anyway I don't think we get much further. I am not convinced sattelites is a hoax.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

patrix » December 20th, 2016, 8:29 pm wrote:Hi smj

Thanks for your reply but I must say I find it hard to follow your reasoning. I don't claim it's intentional but you come off as a bit condescending and nonsensical.

I find it hard to explain for example GPS, global TV broadcasts and sattelite phones.

Surely fiber cables are doing most of the distribution of content today but that wasn't the case before and those disc antennas must pick up something.

What I meant with Occam's Razor is that sattelites is a way to explain what I mention that requires the least assumptions.

Anyway I don't think we get much further. I am not convinced sattelites is a hoax.
Uh-oh! This does not bode well!

Patrix, is English your first language?
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Um no, but I'm fairly good at English and pretty much meant what I wrote.

Does not bode well? Sounds omnious. This place seems pretty wound up and strange to be honest. I think I'll just lie low in fear of breaking some forum or english grammar rules :mellow:
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

patrix » December 19th, 2016, 4:21 pm wrote:
I'm new here and like to be controversial by saying I DO believe satellites exist. It felt funny to write that :). I am with you on 9/11, NASA and Nukes but not this and I don't think this thread brings up strong arguments against man made satellites.
Okay. So I guess watching the Sputnik reports sounded authentic to you? Or perhaps The Big Bounce made strong arguments in support of man made satellites?

Maybe you've watched these giant hunks of metal get launched into the vacuum? If you did, and were able to capture it on a camcorder, then please post it. I would love to see it.

If you simply believe in man made satellites then that's at least an honest position. We aren't here to tell people what to believe.

And please don't read my reply as being condescending. I'm simply asking you to look at the evidence in support of your belief, and if you have something new to add in that regard, then please share it with us.
I also think Occam's razor is relevant here. I see the reason and motivation behind the 9/11, NASA and Nukes hoaxes. But why fake Sats?
You might want to read through this topic [ http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... r#p2401085 ] so you can see how these satellites tie in quite neatly with numerous scams that have played out for a long time now.

As for this forum being a "strange place"?

Well, if you know of a more civil, thoughtful, and critically discerning forum on the web, then please let me know where that is. I would definitely be interested to learn of such a place.

And do try Not to take things around here personally. Maybe just take some time to read and think things through before just going on and saying "I believe in _____".
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

patrix wrote:Satellites are best suited for broadcasting.
What evidence can you provide that satellites are suitable for anything at all besides employing and spying on the best engineers, and luring them with cushy jobs?

And why, exactly, would signals need to be sent into outer space before returning to Earth, when it's much more efficient to send them through pipelines, route through antenna, through the atmosphere or bounce them of the ionosphere?

What good would an invisible speck above the sky be for a broad wave of terrestrial information in any case? And if it's about having some kind of stationary portal why would you spend the money to launch something into extremely unreliable regions with junk flying around ostensibly at thousands of miles per hour, radiation, incredibly extreme temperatures and so on; when a balloon at the tranquil top of our atmosphere's surface could do?

I just don't understand your rationale for blindly believing in insanely expensive, falling clattertraps with no reasonable mode of vehicle doing vaguely distantly what terrestrial technology does cheaply, precisely and well enough. The concept alone is insane, let alone the unbelievable marketing and public relations campaigns used to bring people into an irrational belief in their perfection.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

@S.C.S and hoi.polloi

Good points and questions from both of you. I will look into it. And to be clear I truly see this place as a gold mine and a friendly place and you are right that I should read more and get a feel of this place before I voice my "beliefs" (a bad choice of word I agree). Most of my thoughts on space, Nukes and terror was confirmed when I found this place, as well as my notion that Flat Earth is a psyop. And I've spent some time figuring those out. I guess I'm frustrated because I think many in these circles claim things I think I have looked into and dismissed and I don't like to run down dead ends. But then again many things I thought was dead ends was not.

And a thing I've also learned is that forums are a way to get and give information, but really bad for opinionated discussion. I'll think I'll try that voice chat sometime.

And I really truly appreciate what you people are doing here. Thank You soo much for that.

/Patrik

Oh and please derail or tuck this away since it has little to do with sattelites anymore
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

Patrix - I see you have been commenting throughout the board, but did forget to introduce yourself here http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=838, as required. This may clear up some questions.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

hoi.polloi » December 20th, 2016, 10:57 pm wrote:
patrix wrote:Satellites are best suited for broadcasting.
What evidence can you provide that satellites are suitable for anything at all besides employing and spying on the best engineers, and luring them with cushy jobs?
Since I share the view that we’re being lied to on a major scale of I cannot. Any source I reference can be a lie. And I think the research here and elsewhere shows that imagery of space activity is fabricated on a massive scale. That of course also puts satellites into serious question. All I can offer is my line of reasoning for thinking satellites are real.

I agree that the Sputnik was a psyop to start the cold war and space race and that the imagery of it was fabricated. But that does not prove that there wasn’t something in orbit transmitting a radio signal. A satellite was an extra ordinary claim back then and the media encouraged people to listen to it on short wave receivers that was pretty common. If it was a media hoax I doubt people would have bought it if it could not be confirmed by radio amateurs. I think satellites may have been the nugget of truth they used to sell the Grand Space Hoax

As for satellites being more suited for broadcasting is because of the time delay (http://www.satsig.net/latency.htm). So it’s not very practical to use them for two way communication. Especially not those in the higher geostationary orbit
And why, exactly, would signals need to be sent into outer space before returning to Earth, when it's much more efficient to send them through pipelines, route through antenna, through the atmosphere or bounce them of the ionosphere?
Because running cable and building antennas also cost money. A communication satellite solves the problem of line of sight. A high frequency radio wave passes through most matter, including the atmosphere.

Yes, radio waves can be bounced off the atmosphere but in order to do that they need to be of low frequency. And to be able to get around the earth, a powerful transmitter is required (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_wave). At medium frequency you can bounce off the ionsphere, but you cannot get around the earth curvature that way without multiple transmitters that relays and amplifies the signal.

Not far from where I live there is a preserved Long Wave radio transmitter that was used for trans atlantic messaging (http://grimeton.org/?lang=en). As you can see it’s a pretty large piece of machinery, and they soon became obsolete when the first trans atlantic cables became operational.
What good would an invisible speck above the sky be for a broad wave of terrestrial information in any case? And if it's about having some kind of stationary portal why would you spend the money to launch something into extremely unreliable regions with junk flying around ostensibly at thousands of miles per hour, radiation, incredibly extreme temperatures and so on; when a balloon at the tranquil top of our atmosphere's surface could do?
Not sure if the top of the atmosphere is such a particular tranquil place. What makes you conclude that? And you would have the problem of keeping the ballon up and it seems not a small feet assuming those amateur GoPro flights are not hoaxes. Satellites do seem to break, but I figure space is vast and that makes the likeliness of being hit by something smaller.
I just don't understand your rationale for blindly believing in insanely expensive, falling clattertraps with no reasonable mode of vehicle doing vaguely distantly what terrestrial technology does cheaply, precisely and well enough. The concept alone is insane, let alone the unbelievable marketing and public relations campaigns used to bring people into an irrational belief in their perfection.
[/quote]

I think there’s a good case for satellites, even though they are questionable because of the Grand Space Hoax. GPS and Satellite TV for example becomes hard to explain without them. But the communication satellite is becoming obsolete because of the world being rapidly wired up by fiber optic cables. Just like the long wave transmitters was made obsolete by underwater copper cables in the early 20th century.

And there are documentation from other places than NASA that looks credible. I found this regarding Swedish satellites for example http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/histind/Swef ... ummary.htm
sharpstuff

Unread post by sharpstuff »

Quote:
patrix wrote:
Satellites are best suited for broadcasting.
Quote:

Hoi Polloi wrote:

Personally, I agree with Hoi on this. I could not have put it better, myself.

It occurred a long time ago to me that any object released into the void must necessarily be infintisimal in regard to the size of the planet. What on earth (!) would be the point? 'Signal' up, 'signal' back. And just what is the 'signal'?
patrix wrote:

Quote:

And I think the research here and elsewhere shows that imagery of space activity is fabricated on a massive scale.
I think your sentence should have read: 'And I think the research here shows that imagery of space activity is fabricated.'
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

It occurred a long time ago to me that any object released into the void must necessarily be infintisimal in regard to the size of the planet. What on earth (!) would be the point? 'Signal' up, 'signal' back. And just what is the 'signal'?
Some of the points would be to enable existing technologies like GPS and Satellite TV. The signals are high frequency radio. A type of signal that has the benefit of being able to travel long distances with low energy/wattage and that requires a small receiver. But with the drawback that it can only go straight and not bounce off the atmosphere as opposed to long and medium waves.
patrix wrote:

Quote:

And I think the research here and elsewhere shows that imagery of space activity is fabricated on a massive scale.
I think your sentence should have read: 'And I think the research here shows that imagery of space activity is fabricated.'
Thanks for reviewing, but I meant what I wrote. Cluesforum is not the only site analyzing space imagery and pointing out problems with it. See http://www.aulis.com/ for example.

I'm curious: Would there be any interest to get together and do a skype call or similar to discuss the satellite question and similar things?
bongostaple

Unread post by bongostaple »

Patrix, the points that you raised are all, at several points, discussed in quite some detail in the 54 pages of this thread. Your posts sound like you haven't read all of this thread - if you were to do so, you will find lots of pertinent information to digest, especially regarding skywave transmission of radio waves through bouncing them off the ionosphere.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

I happen to know some about radio and have problems with explaining GPS and Sattelite TV with radio waves bouncing off the ionosphere. A portable mid wave radio can only do one bounce so you will not get around the earth with that. To do that you need low frequency and very high wattage and a large receiving antenna. GPS receivers are small.

I essence I find it very hard to dismiss sattelites based on the material I find here. But if it's not up for discussion anymore I'll leave it at that
bongostaple

Unread post by bongostaple »

It is up for discussion - but there are often areas where it becomes a highly technical discussion and we look back and realise we are miles away from starting with fake media, and not entirely sure about the technical subject.

I am not convinced that higher frequency signals are never bounced by the ionosphere - there is a definite lack of information freely available on the upper limits of this technique.

I have a lot of questions about GPS, but before muddying the waters here I have a considerable amount of research to do, starting with properly understanding how it is supposed to work, especially the decoding of signals by GPS receivers.

There are many other areas where I can't work out how satellites could be real, the main ones being the impossibility of getting there, slowing down, turning, stopping, and of course not burning to a crisp due to the vast amount of radiation. In relation to the above, I would see a terrestrial alternative to satellites as being very feasible indeed compared to satellites. But I don't know for sure, so I'm (slowly) doing some research.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

patrix wrote:A portable mid wave radio can only do one bounce so you will not get around the earth with that. To do that you need low frequency and very high wattage and a large receiving antenna. GPS receivers are small.
So you're still insisting that satellites must be necessary as the only way of translating signals from one form to another? I don't get you. :blink: