Elon Musk, SpaceX and PayPal

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
elmoastro

Re: Elon Musk, SpaceX and PayPal

Unread post by elmoastro »

Here is today's SpaceX Falcon Heavy Test Flight

At 37:00 the booster rockets are descending for their perfect, side-by-side landing on two adjacent pads. The announcer just prior reminds the viewers they are watching two different videos. Problem is, the videos are the same. They actually show both rockets heading for the SAME LANDING PAD until just before landing, the view switches (too late, see "9-11 Nosethrough"), and miraculously both rockets land EXACTLY AT THE SAME TIME. Incredible they let this slip. Already people are saying it was operator error and they accidentally put the same video on both screens. Right.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c
elmoastro

As I was watching the "Live" feed, it seemed obvious that they used the same video. I first noticed it on the rocket flames. I couldn't believe it when they let the video go so far as to show for a fact it was the same video on both feeds. Seems like a big screw up in the edit room unless they meant to go to the external feed earlier and didn't realize the rockets were landing on the same pad! :o :o

Also, at one point, they switch to the payload Tesla with a driver in the seat. I'm not sure how/why they would do this other than as a SpaceX/Tesla commercial.

The crowd they had was way into it. The audio was non-stop cheering and screaming. Literally the entire track.
elmoastro

"Bubble" or spec floats by the engine at 40:17...
elmoastro

37:10 - "Uh, and even though those look very similar...those two boosters views...those are actually representing different boosters."
elmoastro

At 38:25, they switch to the main engine return and pre-explain why the video is going to black out beforehand. Ridiculous.

Watch 38:25 to 39:15 where they nervously explain the blackout. Then the guy thinks he's hearing a breaking report at first but it's most likely a producer telling them to tone it down. :lol: Amateur Hour.
elmoastro

41:55 - Tesla (with rubber tires!) supposedly attached to the outside of the rocket in space, cuts to a "studio/warehouse/?" for a second and straight back to space view where car angle is same. Is it really this bad?

The YT comments prove people really eat this up. They can't fathom they are watching a TV show. Unreal.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

elmoastro » February 7th, 2018, 12:16 am wrote:41:55 - Tesla (with rubber tires!) supposedly attached to the outside of the rocket in space, cuts to a "studio/warehouse/?" for a second and straight back to space view where car angle is same. Is it really this bad?
The YT comments prove people really eat this up. They can't fathom they are watching a TV show. Unreal.
Elon Musk reveled in the moment on Tuesday night after his Falcon Heavy rocket flew into space. The world's most powerful booster had done its job, and now everyone gawked at the spectacle of Starman in a red Tesla in space while twin boosters landed near the launch site in Florida.

Musk, too, expressed amazement. Of the synchronized booster landings, he said, “That was epic. It was probably the most exciting thing I’ve ever seen.” And of Starman, the spacesuited mannequin, he quipped, “You can tell it’s real because it looks so fake. We have way better CGI.”

:o

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/02 ... he-masses/
Odunie

Unread post by Odunie »

Twitter has this featured story at the top yesterday and today: "Did Elon Musk just shut down the Flat Earth conspiracy?"

Regardless of the earth's shape, how could some pictures prove or disprove anything? The lack of logic is baffling.
TrutherInTX

Unread post by TrutherInTX »

As part of this latest alleged launch SpaceX shipped a Tesla roadster to orbit the sun. I have not seen the footage of deploying the roadster but sharing what is readily available.

News from MSNBC: SpaceX's momentous rocket launch sent Elon Musk's Tesla red roadster into space - along with a spacesuit-wearing mannequin named Starman.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KymoCAzixXg

My sense is this live stream of the car is not realistic although some effort was made to add stars. Its disheartening at the thought of billions of dollars going to this venture.

LIVE: Starman Driving in Space after Successful Heavy Falcon Launch SpaceX Real-time Updates

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3niFzo5VLI
Altair

Unread post by Altair »

Utterly disheartening... At least, NASA's fakes were way classier. This is not serious. Looks rather like a cheap "reality" TV show. A highly emotional production tailored to the taste of the milennial generation...
elmoastro

First video I posted has been replaced with a shorter version so the times I mentioned are wrong.

Here's a full video. The car glitch is great. They show the room with the 360 degree video markers for a quick flash then cut back.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8_bM1VMv4
elmoastro

Altair » February 8th, 2018, 9:16 am wrote:Utterly disheartening... At least, NASA's fakes were way classier. This is not serious. Looks rather like a cheap "reality" TV show. A highly emotional production tailored to the taste of the milennial generation...
VERY similar to the production of the Red Bull Fake Jump.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Thunderbirds was more realistic than this garbage. That's the original 1966 Thunderbirds.
Odunie

Unread post by Odunie »

Regarding the pictures and footage of the car and mannequin floating in space: where exactly is the camera?

There's one still shot I saw which shows a reflection of the earth on the door of the car, but no filming apparatus is reflected.

The scene is shown from several different perspectives, so it's not a stationary camera. Is it rotating around the vehicle? Does the camera have propulsion systems in order to change position to film the scene from varying angles?
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

How much air do you suppose they put in the car's tires? :D