Miscellaneous NASA comedies

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Miscellaneous NASA comedies

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

Well gentlemen, I must sincerely thank you for this much needed comic relief. I couldn't help but wonder if this was just some gag going around when I first saw this. I'm tempted to see if I can find a person who believes this. But I probably won't.

Anyhow, it's Absolutely priceless! :lol:

Simon,

Wowsers! At 9 miles high, it would have to continue upwards how many miles exactly to enter the vacuum? :wacko:

Yes their psychotic numbers are Everywhere!! It's basically a signature I guess.
I also can't help but notice them.

And Hoi,

Yes I saw the swan (with nuts, it would appear). I didn't catch the Swan Song, but that's a funny observation.

-------------------------------

Hopefully I'll survive this busy season and be around more often- soon. I've missed this place. Hope you are all doing well. :)
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Gentlemen,

Allow me to correct you if I may. As the story goes, the soccer ball never made it to space, but rather was recovered along with 2 of the astronaut's other belongings, a football and American flag right here on Earth. You see, they managed to find all 3 items, fully intact, floating in the ocean amongst the wreckage of the Challenger.

That's right, a football, a soccer ball and an American flag. None of the 3 items were damaged from the explosion and by sheer chance all landed right in the same area to be recovered in the ocean. My guess is that they were made out of the same materials as the 9/11 hijackers' passports. :P

The soccer ball then returned to the astronaut's daughter's high school where it was signed by some school kids, to return to space and be put into orbit, 30 years. later. :rolleyes:
Skinnylegsandall

Unread post by Skinnylegsandall »

Here is the new Nasa comedy
from u-tube Nice Heading:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEI3FfazK2Q
patrix

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by patrix »

NASA just released a bunch of "old" material on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrydenTV/videos
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... al-footage

I have not looked at it extensively but I found this "gem"
Wtf moment at 0.15

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3wkhywEAxA
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

Astronot Mark Kelly's DNA no longer matches his twin brother's DNA. According to NASA, Kelly’s 340 days in orbit may have ultimately activated what scientists describe as “space genes.” :P

https://nypost.com/2018/03/14/astronaut ... ical-twin/
elmoastro

Unread post by elmoastro »

The local radio show plays some NPR syndicated shows, "All Things Considered" and "StarDate".

At some point I'd like to dig into All Things Considered as I've speculated for a long time now that the show is completely fabricated, using actors to portray the people they supposedly interview.

But the one that makes me laugh every time I hear it is the soothing voice of Sandy Wood. It's pretty incredible the speculative "facts" they spew out every day.

"StarDate debuted in 1978, making it the longest-running national radio science feature in the country. It airs on more than 300 radio stations.

StarDate tells listeners what to look for in the night sky, and explains the science, history, and skylore :lol: behind these objects. It also keeps listeners (Programmed) up to date on the latest research findings and space missions. And it offers tidbits on astronomy in the arts and popular culture, providing ways for people with diverse interests to keep up with the universe.

StarDate is a production of The University of Texas McDonald Observatory, which also produces the Spanish-language Universo Online web site and the bi-monthly StarDate magazine."

This garbage that passes as fact is one of the most ludicrous shows ever produced. No one questions their "science" and I often hear the NPR slurpers parrot out the latest astronomy wonders without ever considering that it's complete cow manure. But oh that smooth, soothing voice.

Take a listen to this bullshit: "Black Holes, Stranger than Fiction"...Stranger than fiction indeed. But you gotta love the modern classical piano and her buttery hypnotic voice. "A black hole is a science fiction writer's (wet) dream!"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7k85Ar13Pk

So many wonderful words, so much certainty, so much hyperbole:
countless, might, surmised, billions, gravity, impossible to see, concept, intrigued, gluttons, black holes, imaginary surface, event horizon, science fiction, dream, influence, won't let go, disappear, "maw", no detectable energy, accretion disk, light years, remarkable, appears, time-dilation, squeezed from side to side, gee whiz factor, infinitely dense pinpoint, laws of gravity break down so badly, event horizon, singularity, lost forever, actual size, if you squeezed the mass of the sun(!), sun isn't heavy enough, core's nuclear reaction, nuclear fuel, super nova, super-dense nutron star, infinitely dense, probably sprinkled, can't see it anymore, pipsqueaks, super massive black holes(!) - (I thought they were already infinite), even heavier!, 6.6 billion times, twice as wide as our entire solar system, one idea, collapse of giant clouds of gas, smaller building blocks, idea how, smaller stellar mass black holes, hundreds of solar masses, trillion times brighter than the sun, they can turn on again if they get enough to eat, best way to feed a black hole, black holes will feed on each other, in the future, very far future, extremely far future, Stephen Hawking (!), trillions of years, deathrows of a black hole. WOW!!!!

Unreal.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

#BlackHolesLivesMatter!
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

This just in:
A Secret Space Plane Just Landed After a Record Stay in Orbit

The plane spent 780 continuous days in orbit conducting classified experiments for the US Air Force before autonomously landing itself.
Daniel Oberhaus 10.28.2019 01:11 PM

Beyond some vague generalities about the types of experiments being conducted on the X-37B, the Air Force has kept mum on the specifics. This time around, the only details released by the Air Force was that one of the experiments would be testing a highly efficient heat pipe. Exciting stuff.

Secretive as it is, the space plane has become an object of fascination for a global network of amateur spy satellite hunters who have spent years documenting its trajectory. Tracking the space plane proved to be particularly challenging because it has the capability to alter its orbit in space, so space sleuths have to maintain constant vigilance to not lose it.

Although the X-37B remains the only space plane making trips to orbit after the end of the space shuttle program in 2011, it may soon be joined by a commercial variant, the Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Dream Chaser. The Air Force says it plans to launch the X-37B on its next mission in early 2020 sometime between April and June. So if you find yourself stargazing next spring and can’t shake the feeling that something is watching you—it might not be in your head.

https://www.wired.com/story/a-secret-sp ... -in-orbit/

This hard to spot short yellow bus version of the Space Shuttle allegedly ships harder to spot "micro-satellites" into "space". Very convenient.

'Dream Chaser' Space Plane Hitches a Ride With a Helicopter

The "captive carry" test is a step toward making a uniquely accessible kind of spacecraft.
Sarah Scoles 08.30.2017 04:55 PM

During today’s "captive carry" test, Sierra Nevada aimed to see whether its SUV rides as expected at the altitudes where it will later free-fly. But it’s not ready to go that high on its own, so the Chinook lifted it there, flying it around in loops like a parent keeping a hand on the back of a kid’s bike seat.

The Dream Chaser’s basic design came from Russia—or, to be more precise, from spying on Russia. In June 1982, an Australian reconnaissance plane cruised over the Indian Ocean and saw a Soviet ship snapping up some kind of splashed-down spacecraft. The craft looked short and squat, more like a toy than a space-faring vehicle. Its wings bent up like the flaps of an airplane headrest.

The Australians, lacking a space program of their own, turned the photos over to the US, and American intelligence officers turned them over to NASA’s Langley Research Center.

Langley engineers took knives to cherry wood, carving out the vehicle that the Soviets called BOR-4. "We were reverse-engineering it,” Del Freeman, one of the employees who’d worked from those photos, told NASA in 2011. “Finally, we got enough information to build a model and we put it into [a wind] tunnel. When we tested it, we really figured out that we had something."

The Americans called their version the HL-20, imagining it as, among other things, a lifeboat for the International Space Station. But, as so many projects do, this one ended up at the back of a government-owned warehouse. In the early 2000s, though, Sierra Nevada Corporation was searching for a space vehicle design. They visited Langley, blew off the dust, and found one of the most extensively tested spacecraft that had never flown. But still could.

Since then, Sierra Nevada has been transforming the HL-20 into the Dream Chaser: a self-launching, self-flying, self-landing small spacecraft (about the length of a Cessna) that can make 15 or more trips to space and land, after each one, on any commercial runway that’s 10,000 feet long—no Cape Canaveral necessary. The Dream Chaser can heft seven humans or 12,125 pounds of cargo, in a space about the size of a studio apartment.

The Dream Chaser that wound through the air Wednesday morning first came to NASA’s Armstrong Flight Research Center in January, to undergo tests leading up to an actual test flight later (uncrewed) this year. It was on this base that its big-sibling shuttle sometimes landed (54 times!), when it didn't land at Kennedy Space Center. Armstrong and Edwards occupy southern California's Antelope Valley, also known as Aerospace Valley (there's a monument, so it must be true), where Chuck Yeager demonstrated the right stuff and Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo crashed.

And now, like its predecessors, Dream Chaser is undergoing testing in preparation for its real missions. When it starts its useful life, it will drop cargo off at the ISS as part of a Commercial Resupply Services 2 contract with NASA, signed in 2016. The first delivery will take place around 2020, when a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket will boost Dream Chaser toward orbit. Its wings and solar-power arrays will pop out, it will dock with the Space Station, and then, unloaded, it will slide through the atmosphere and land horizontally like a plane. NASA hasn't contracted with Sierra Nevada to put people aboard, but the idea is that someone (NASA or otherwise) could.

The US’s space agency isn’t the only one interested in this SUV: The United Nations and the European Space Agency, among others, are investigating its use for other future missions. That’s because the Dream Chaser offers relatively affordable, relatively ready-made access to space for astronauts, experiments, and stuff. Plus, it can return not just to Earth, or Earth's space centers, but to Earth’s airports.

Today, though, it returned to base. After flying up 12,500 feet, the Chinook lowered the Dream Chaser back down. This story will play out again, in a second captive carry test, before the solo flight. The spacecraft’s landing gear popped out of its belly around 200 feet above the ground. Then it wobbled down to the pavement, becoming once again an Earthly object.

https://www.wired.com/story/dream-chase ... elicopter/

According to unnamed sources, NASA and SNC’s Dream Chaser project is the first of a three-phase program. Dream Catcher and Dream Killer are slated to be “space-ready” by 2040 and 2060 respectively.

On a serious note, it seems to me that Fatih and Eren Ozmen have been groomed to be among the new robber barons of the 21st century - cashing in on lucrative "Space Force" government surveillance contracts.

Fatih Ozmen

Early life and education
Born in Turkey,[7] the former Turkish National Cycling Champion rode alongside top Turkish cyclists throughout the 1970s including the 1977 Tour de L'avenir in France.[8] Fatih Ozmen pursued higher education in the United States receiving a M.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Nevada, Reno. He went on to obtain a master's, with a thesis on navigation and landing systems.

Career
He started at Sierra Nevada Corporation as an engineering intern in 1981; during his early years at the company, he helped develop numerous systems and managed several key programs. In 1994, Fatih Ozmen and his wife Eren Ozmen acquired Sierra Nevada Corporation.[9] Back then, the SNC was a small company with 20 employees. Since then under the Ozmens, SNC has completed 19 strategic acquisitions,[10] expanded the company to 34 locations in 19 U.S. states, England, Germany and Turkey,[11] and has grown to include workforce of over 3,000 personnel. The company is ranked one of the top performing Federal Contractors in the United States.[12] The company is primarily a contractor to US Department of Defence and NASA.[13]

Innovation
In 2017, Fatih and Eren Ozmen launched Ozmen Ventures, a seed and early-stage venture capital fund headquartered in Reno. The $5 million fund aims to invest in young and dynamic local startups and cultivate the local entrepreneurial ecosystem.[14]

Philanthropy
In 2014, Fatih and wife Eren made the largest gift in college history to the University of Nevada, Reno’s College of Business for the creation of a permanent center to support entrepreneurial programs in areas such as science, engineering and journalism. The Ozmen Center for Entrepreneurship supports and enhances the university's entrepreneurial programs in order to stimulate the creation of new business ventures.[15]

In late 2016, in honor of Fatih’s 35th anniversary, SNC announced an investment of $1.5 million in a planned aerospace gallery at Wings Over the Rockies’ expansion site at Centennial Airport. The new Exploration of Flight center will feature a new wing to be called the Ozmen Black Sky Space Gallery and aims to develop future aviators and aerospace professionals through growing educational outreach initiatives and a future aerospace charter school. Actor/pilot Harrison Ford made the surprise announcement to more than 1,000 SNC employees and guests at SNC’s year-end event in Denver.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatih_Ozmen

It all began with a boy and his dream for this Turkish-born cycling champion who immigrated to the States, got degreed, interned for a boutique “space tech” outfit, somehow bought said company 13 years later and (with the help of his equally brilliant wife, Eren) turned it into a multi-billion dollar corporation shortly thereafter...by purchasing a bunch of other corporations.

Fully vested in the American Dream[work], this “self-made” billionaire took a Dream Shot and followed it with a Dream Chaser.

A model minority if there ever was one. The man is redefining “space” as we (think) we know it.
Sierra Nevada Corporation CEO Calls for Advancement of U.S. Leadership in Space Economy

Describing space as “a bridge to bring the world and cultures together,” Ozmen called for U.S. leadership in building the “highways in space,” or the critical infrastructures in space; continuation of operation of the International Space Station (ISS); the establishment of an open architecture roadmap for serving all space partners; investment promotion; and clear policy, laws and treaties to enable and sustain a vibrant, U.S.-led space economy. “The attention and energy that this Administration has focused on space will light a fire in our national imagination,” Ozmen said, “and inspire our children toward what is possible.

https://www.sncorp.com/press-releases/s ... e-council/

Greta Thunberg and Ethan Lindenberger.

Imagine the pair taking the DreamChaser out for a joy ride on the “highways in space”. She could conduct “climate change” experiments while he studies the effects of microgravity on “viral replication.” I can see it now. Children’s eyes glued to the tube as they sit in the waiting room before getting inoculated. He could produce vaccines for yet to be discovered “viruses” while she figures out ways to reduce our “carbon footprints” with some sort of carbon credit/Zuck Bucks austerity scheme. Just imagine the possibilities.

A boy can dream, can’t he?

Evolution Vangelis Alpha Cosmos

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYRtwjFnjgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYRtwjFnjgM

[3:07 – a chickenosaurus?]
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

Greta Thunberg and Ethan Lindenberger
I hear you. It's a marriage made in Heaven by G-d. ;)
heniek1812

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by heniek1812 »

Wtf moment at 0.15

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3wkhywEAxA
This is as dumb as can be. I can't take those turkey's seriously no matter what they try to release as proof. Rockets fire and you get a delayed reaction !!! This video is pathetic. I'm guessing the operator hit the wrong switch at the wrong time.
ghostofpedro

Unread post by ghostofpedro »

On an increasing basis, I see more and more people wearing NASA tshirts. Perhaps they think wearing such a shirt makes them appear intelligent. Do these misguided people wear other US government agencys' shirts on the other days of the week. Reportedly NASA has had its budget cut during the Trump administration. But it's clear to me that their marketing budget is definitely safe for now.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Flabbergasted wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:54 pm Cosmic nicknames have to go!

https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/nasa-to-r ... ly-bodies/
Lol - political correctness goes cosmic. What's next? Let me guess: "Black Holes Matter!" :P
nokidding

Unread post by nokidding »

13:15 " Obviously, where else would you land it from?"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4prVsXkZU
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

(Not comedy. Or is it.)
Rocket goes up, but . . .

A 'Nobody' captures flight path of a launch, Nov.13,2020:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMoPGQfdv74

spaceflightnow.com:
11/13/2020 17:36
Stephen Clark
United Launch Alliance is ending its live coverage of today's launch at the request of the
National Reconnaissance Office. ULA and NRO officials are expected to confirm the outcome of the final phase of the mission later today. link

spaceflightnow.com:
The three solid-fueled boosters burned out and jettisoned from the rocket nearly two minutes into the flight, with the spent motor casings clearly visible as they tumbled in Atlas 5’s wake. The rocket’s Swiss-made payload fairing dropped away after the three minute-point of the mission, revealing the NRO’s classified payload after the Atlas 5 reached the uppermost layers of the atmosphere.

At that point, the mission entered a government-ordered news blackout, citing the sensitive nature of the national security payload. ULA’s live broadcast ended, and the rest of the mission occurred in secret.[ !!!!! ] The Atlas 5’s Centaur upper stage was expected to take over for multiple firings of its Aerojet Rocketdyne RL10 engine before deploying the NRO payload in orbit. (emphasis added)