Stanley Kubrick and the Apollo Hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
michiganj

Re: Stanley Kubrick and the Apollo Hoax

Unread post by michiganj »

Dear anonjedi2 and Flabbergasted, my sincere apologies, this is not turning out the way that I had thought. I'm now seeing that it is extremely difficult to convey to someone else everything that is in my head without the other person reviewing all of the same material that I have.

In response to the quote, I thought it was interesting that Bill Kaysing says that Stanley was hired to direct Apollo's 11, 12 and 13 and the only film that he ever wrote a forward to has the first spoken words "eleven, twelve, thirteen".

As far as presentation, I thought it would be clearer to show things visually that A leads to B leads to C equals D kinda thing, like the saying 'A picture's worth a thousand words'. I guess that was a mistake in my thought process.

There are some major changes happening in my life which accounts for the long delays in between posts. It's too stressful and I've got too much on my plate right now. I cannot multi-task at all and my wife can verify that. :wacko:
I'm sorry but I need to put aside the forum for at least the next couple of months.

But I would like to take this moment and share my story. This all started in 2009 on the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11. The news report on tv was showing images of Buzz Aldrin saluting the flag and posing next to the LEM. Until then, I fully believed that men walked on the moon six times and box cutter wielding terrorists hi-jacked a couple planes and brought down the twin towers. For the first time in my life I questioned this photo and felt that this does not look like a man standing on the surface of the moon.

Something's not right and I began searching for an explanation. Then I ran into Jay Weidner's theory that Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landing using front screen projection. I laughed and thought Jay was nuts.
Seriously, Kubrick? Apollo? What the hell does one have to do with the other? I wasn't a Kubrick fan and only saw The Shining years prior but I figured I would give Jay the benefit of the doubt and re-watch the film. After carefully studying every frame and every word of dialog, I saw something that made me think 'Hey, maybe there is something here'. After that, I did the same with the rest of his films and finally realized that there are clues scattered across all of his films. They're very subtle and the way he did it makes it difficult to decipher. As brilliant as he was, the man turned out to be a royal pain in my ass.

Cut to the chase, there are clues that lead to a cement plant in Brownsville, Tennessee. Pictured below is just powdered cement. Anyone who's ever installed a chain-link fence, mounted a lamppost or anchored your kids swing set in the backyard knows exactly what this looks like.

And that's how you fake a lunar landscape. This is the same stuff you can find at your local building supplier.

The sounds that are played over a black screen during the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey is called concrete music or Musique Concréte. http://cldulawan.blogspot.com/2010/12/m ... crete.html

At 58:39 in A Clockwork Orange this book, which stands out among the rest on the shelf, is Catechesis of Revelation by Gabriel Moran.

Gabe has a unique writing style and loves to use the word concrete. This is just two pages where he uses it nine times, but in total, it is used 38 times throughout the book.

And, we can't forget the French guy that Kubrick allowed to interview him. Michel Ciment. http://visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.html

Based on all the clues, I believe Kubrick did indeed create the Apollo footage and it was filmed at the studio on Wonderland Avenue. I tend to agree with what Bill Kaysing said that he only worked on Apollo 11, 12 and 13, during which he taught the boys at NASA how to use the equipment so they could continue the BS.

It's been argued that front screen projection only works if the camera remains perfectly still and couldn't explain the video where you're riding along on the rover. Tell that to the guy who worked on 2001: A Space Odyssey and later made you believe that Superman could fly. Zoran Perisic- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0673830/
Maybe Stanley gave him the idea?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXC16p8tNc

It's possible that when Kennedy went to Congress in May 1961 to ask for money to go to the moon that there was already a plan in motion to fake it. This would be one month after the Yuri Gagarin hoax.

Why was it necessary to fake a moon landing? To beat the Russians at their own game.

Click image for pdf book

Click image for pdf book

Regarding the address of 8935 Wonderland Avenue. In Eyes Wide Shut, consider Helena's math problem and what she needs to do to solve it. She has to take away.

Throughout the film we see Bill get in and out of the same cab (about seven times). You'll know it's the same cab because it has the same number 7M96.

Take away 7 from 96 = 89.

Add up all the numbers including the value of M. 7 + 13 + 9 + 6 = 35.

Now swap the nine and six. 7M69. July '69.

mj
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

michiganj,

Thanks for the detailed response and sorry to hear about life's stresses. I hope things get better for you and please do check in with us when you can.

As far as your presentation goes, I'm actually mostly okay with it and enjoy some of the puzzle aspect ... I would suggest maybe just a small bit of hand holding. For example you might consider presenting in this way...

"In this interview with Bill Kaysing, he says that Kubrick was involved with 11, 12 and 13..."

"Read the first line of Kubrick's forward..."

You've inspired me to dig into this some more and I think I've found a few interesting things. One question for you though - do you mind at least sharing WHERE I can look for the clues that lead to Brownsville, TN? Which movie(s) ?
anonjedi2

overlook
Verb
*fail to notice (something)
Overlook (verb) means to pass over without giving due attention (Miriam-Webster).
Synonyms - Neglect, Disregard, Ignore
Neglect implies giving insufficient attention to something that merits one’s attention.
Disregard suggests voluntary inattention (to something).
Ignore implies a failure to regard something obvious.

The real life hotel that Stanley Kubrick chose as the model for the interior of the fictitious Overlook Hotel in The Shining, is the the Ahwahnee Hotel which is located in Yosemite National Park.
The Ahwahnee Hotel is a grand hotel in Yosemite National Park, California, on the floor of Yosemite Valley. It was built by the Yosemite Park and Curry Company and opened for business in 1927. The hotel is constructed from steel, stone, concrete, wood, and glass, and is a premier example of National Park Service rustic architecture. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1987...
...The Ahwahnee was temporarily renamed the Majestic Yosemite Hotel in 2016 due to a legal dispute between the US Government, which owns the property, and the outgoing concessionaire, Delaware North, which claimed rights to the trademarked name. The name was restored in 2019 upon settlement of the dispute.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahwahnee_Hotel
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html
The Ahwahnechee or Awahnichi (″People of The Mouth″) are a Miwok people who traditionally lived in the Yosemite Valley, which they called Ahwahnee. They were known to their Northern Paiute cousins as Wea Dukadu ("Acorn Eaters"). The Ahwahnechee people's heritage can be found all over Yosemite National Park.
…the US federal government has evicted Yosemite Native people from the park in 1851, 1906, 1929, and 1969.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahwahnechee
The last homes of the Ahwahnee were destroyed in 1969.

The Overlook Hotel represents the US Government. This is illustrated by the placement of the American flag on Stuart Ullman’s desk in the beginning of the movie as well as the wooden Eagle statue on the window sill behind him, as detailed by Weidner.

Stuart Ullman, Danny and Wendy wear Red White and Blue in the beginning of the film. Stuart Ullman is the hotel manager. He represents the head of the US Government, as illustrated by his haircut - which looks like JFK’s haircut. JFK was the clown who declared we would land a man on the moon by the end of the decade, in his speech to Congress on May 25, 1961.

In the book, Stuart Ullman is a snobby and rather rude man, described as plump and short. All the staff seem to hate him, which he doesn't care about. He tells Jack that if it wasn't for higher authorities, he would've kicked Jack out. In the 1980 movie, Stuart Ullman is given a complete change from the novel. He is a polite, friendly man...
https://theshining.fandom.com/wiki/Stuart_Ullman
Stuart tells Jack that the Overlook Hotel is built on the site of an Indian burial ground (like America).
The Timberline Lodge is a mountain lodge on the south side of Mount Hood in Clackamas County, Oregon, about 60 miles (97 km) east of Portland…It is notable in film for serving as the exterior of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timberline_Lodge
One thing to notice about the Timberline Lodge is its prominent display of triangles which Weidner interprets as the letter A (for Apollo).

We see these letter A's throughout Kubrick films including multiple ladders in The Shining, the triangles on the chandeliers, multiple 'A's on the tiled flooring...

...and most prominently in the most important scene of the film, where the camera follows the back of Danny's Big Wheel Tricycle. It is the focal point of the entire scene until the Apollo 11 launch (sweater) is revealed. Weidner seems to have missed this.

Of course Weidner also details the other important scene in the film where Jack's typewriter reveals the A11.

The 'A' is also displayed prominently on the movie posters for A Clockwork Orange.

Feature films shot at or around Timberline Lodge include Bend of the River (1952), All the Young Men (1960).
Bend of the River is a 1952 American Western film … about a tough cowboy who risks his life to deliver confiscated supplies to homesteaders after gold is discovered in the region.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bend_of_t ... NJgp8BKPt4
The film includes standard “Cowboys vs Indians” Western themes including a scene where the main characters are attacked by five Shoshone Indians.
All the Young Men is a 1960 Korean War feature film … dealing with desegregation in the United States Marine Corps…[t]he film explores the racial integration of the American military…and stars Mario Alcalde as an American Indian, Hollywood born Paul Richards as a bigoted Southerner, and local Blackfoot Indians as North Koreans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_Y ... NJgp8BKPt4
The Native Americans consider the bald eagle and the golden eagle to be sacred. As eagles are the highest flying birds they were seen to be nearer to the Creator. The meaning of the Eagle symbol was to signify courage, wisdom and strength and its purpose was as the messenger to the Creator.
https://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/nat ... symbol.htm
In The Shining, there is a scene where Jack is wearing a Stovington Eagles shirt.

The typewriter that Jack uses in the film is an Adler typewriter.

At the very end of the scene in which Jack is wearing the Stovington Eagles shirt, Kubrick crossfades into the next scene which starts with a closeup of the Adler typewriter. The T-shirt aligns nearly perfectly with the white edges of the typewriter and the Eagle Logo on the T-shirt crossfades into the ADLER logo and Eagle emblem on the typewriter.

"Adler" means “Eagle” in German. The Eagle logo on the typewriter looks very German/Nazi, possibly a hint to the Nazi roots of NASA.

In this scene, Jack throws the Tennis ball against the wall of Native American art 11 times.

The guy who sits next to Jack Nicholson at the Laker Games is Lou Adler.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Adler

In Eyes Wide Shut, we can observe a crowned double headed eagle on the chair. The double headed eagle emblem is commonly used by anyone claiming association with the Holy Roman Empire after 1345 (Vatican / Jesuit / Illuminati). A CROWNED double Eagle (such as the one we see in Eyes Wide Shut) represents the 33rd degree of Freemasonry, the highest degree attainable.

Finally of course - The LM-5 Eagle or Lunar Module Eagle is the spacecraft that served as the crewed lunar lander of Apollo 11.

Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

michiganj wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:36 pm ...this is not turning out the way that I had thought. I'm now seeing that it is extremely difficult to convey to someone else everything that is in my head without the other person reviewing all of the same material that I have.
michiganj, thanks for the interesting reply.

Your topic is undeniably a very subtle and intuitive one, thus very hard to systematize and present. Your latest post put some things into place (as did anonjedi2's) and in a way I wish it had been the first in the series. If you had started with the "synopsis" and the "spoilers", you could have added the details in any order they presented themselves to your memory and without worrying about time. I tried to do something like that over in the thread on advanced building technology in remote antiquity. My subject matter (stone blocks) was more "solid" than yours, but the evidence is no less heterogeneous and scattered in time and place. Having presented in the initial post my hypothesis about "antediluvian civilizations" and having stated the criteria for what constitutes proof of advanced building technology allowed me to roam freely from Egypt to Japan, without getting lost too badly in the maze.

I am looking forward to learning more about the Kubrick enigma. I hope the turbulence blows over soon.
anonjedi2

Well michiganj, I've lost just about a week of my life down the Kubrick rabbit hole with no end in sight. I'm finding more and more clues ... so many that I can't even keep up. But they go far beyond the themes of just the moon landing (although I find that to be the most fun). I'm finding themes that are much darker, including pedophilia and cannibalism. What is interesting is that there are so many researchers out there who have uncovered a lot of clues, but are not connecting the obvious dots and drawing what I believe to be very incorrect conclusions. I guess they just don't have that ever so important Cluesforum knowledge to work with...So, they've done a lot of the hard work for me and now I'm on a trail of my own research...with my Cluesforum stamped magnifying glass.

I thank you for starting this thread, it's great. I've also managed to find a lot of clues that lead me to Tennessee, but I have not yet found the Cement plant. :P If you feel like nudging me in the right direction with a clue (or "clew"), I'd be grateful.

Cheers
anonjedi2

AS16-116-18722HR

Found this on another researcher's website but can't remember where at the moment.

If you're unfamiliar with this photo, you can find it on NASA's website here:
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a16/AS16-116-18722HR.jpg

AS16-116-18722HR is a photo from APOLLO 16. it shows a doorway that is actually a real photograph of a wall. This photo is a double exposure. In some ways, it's a smoking gun. The upper portion of the photo looks like a physical doorway.

I doubt Kubrick worked on anything past Apollo 11 - 13. Most of the really bad mistakes are from Apollo 14-17.

The Russian Bear (Russian: Русский медведь, romanized: Russky medved) is a widespread symbol (generally of a Eurasian brown bear) for Russia, used in cartoons, articles and dramatic plays since as early as the 16th century,[1] and relating alike to the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union and the present-day Russian Federation. It often was and is used by Westerners, originated in British caricatures and later also used in the United States, and not always in a flattering context – on occasion it was used to imply that Russia is "big, brutal and clumsy" (see 19th-century cartoon below).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Bear
The bear represents the Soviet Union (among other, much darker themes). The Man next to the Bear represents the United States. A politican or President. In other words, they were "in bed" together to fake the moon landings.

anonjedi2

Found another Eagle on top of the American Flag in the US Forest Service office.

anonjedi2

I have watched The Shining dozens of times over the years. It is one of my favorite movies. Jay Weidner sparked a renewed interest in it for me after his documentary in 2011. In that documentary, he illustrates the symbolic launch of Apollo 11 (via Danny's sweatshirt) on the carpet pattern which is shaped like the Apollo 11 launchpad. But he missed something very crucial to putting the nail in the proverbial coffin for those who might doubt what this actually means. Overall, he missed a lot of clues, and hasn't even come close to uncovering the nuance and detail that michiganj has...

So I stumbled across another researcher (Juli Kearns) who pointed out this "Carpet Trick" ... but it seems that Juli has also missed the obvious and failed to draw the conclusion of what this actually means. Instead she is choosing to invert the colors, focus on the toys and other details, missing the larger point entirely. I e-mailed her my findings, we'll see what she says.

1) When the scene starts, Danny is facing the long hallway with the brown "lane" of the carpet pattern (where the tennis ball enters) facing towards him.

2) Suddenly the scene has been switched around. The brown "lane" of the carpet is now behind Danny, at his feet.

3) We can see that Danny no longer has the brown lane in front of him. Instead he is facing the yellow/orange "top" or "peak" of the hexagon pattern. Initially it seems as though he has turned around, 180 degrees. But upon closer inspection, the scene hasn't actually swapped in the other direction. He hasn't turned around, he's still facing the same direction. Danny and his toys have suddenly moved to another spot on the carpet!

4) Same as the first photo, but with Labels (not mine). Kubrick kept a small corner of the wall showing, in the upper right hand corner of the frame for visual reference. This is so that we can count how many hexagons and see that Danny has NOT turned around but he has actually moved to another spot and is still facing the same direction. We can see 2 hexagons behind Danny and to his left. The spot where he will appear next is labeled. Once he's in the new spot, then he'll be directly in front of "2", In other words, Danny has moved up one, and over to his left (our right), one. He has moved in a diagonal "up and to the left" direction (from his vantage point).

5) Same as the second photo, with markers to show that he has actually moved, with his previous spot labeled. Now he's in the new spot, directly in front of "2".

6) Upon viewing this analysis with no explanation or conclusion, I immediately did a Google Search for "Apollo 11 Launchpad" - this is the first photo that came up in my image search, from NASA.

Source - https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/image ... launch-pad
On 16 July 1969, the Saturn V rocket carrying Apollo 11 began its momentous voyage to the Moon. It lifted off from launch pad 39A – which can be seen in this Copernicus Sentinel-2 image from 29 January 2019. Launch pad 39A is the second pad down from the top (the launch pad at the far top is 39B).
https://www.esa.int/ESA_Multimedia/Imag ... 20is%2039B).
Dannys starts at 39A and then his launch happens at 39B. But the real Apollo launch allegedly happened from 39A.

In other words, it didn't happen. ;)

Kubrick is showing us that there was no launch. It's an illusion.

Brilliant!
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

michiganj wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:36 pm It's been argued that front screen projection only works if the camera remains perfectly still and couldn't explain the video where you're riding along on the rover. Tell that to the guy who worked on 2001: A Space Odyssey and later made you believe that Superman could fly. Zoran Perisic- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0673830/
Maybe Stanley gave him the idea?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXC16p8tNc
I might be grasping at straws but in the clip from "Superman" we hear superman say,

"Good Evening officer Mooney"
"They say confession good for the soul."

I put my spin on this,
"All those lies about the Moon."
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

anonjedi2 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 am Well michiganj, I've lost just about a week of my life down the Kubrick rabbit hole with no end in sight. I'm finding more and more clues ... so many that I can't even keep up. But they go far beyond the themes of just the moon landing (although I find that to be the most fun). I'm finding themes that are much darker, including pedophilia and cannibalism. What is interesting is that there are so many researchers out there who have uncovered a lot of clues, but are not connecting the obvious dots and drawing what I believe to be very incorrect conclusions. I guess they just don't have that ever so important Cluesforum knowledge to work with...So, they've done a lot of the hard work for me and now I'm on a trail of my own research...with my Cluesforum stamped magnifying glass.

I thank you for starting this thread, it's great. I've also managed to find a lot of clues that lead me to Tennessee, but I have not yet found the Cement plant. :P If you feel like nudging me in the right direction with a clue (or "clew"), I'd be grateful.

Cheers

[Bold inserted by SCS]
Dear anonjedi2,

If you wish to post on other issues related to Kubrick’s work, please feel free to do so. It may not neatly fit within the title of this thread, but I can always move it or create a (separate) more generalized Kubrick related topic in the appropriate place here at Cluesforum.

I appreciate you confirming my hunch that digging into the Kubrick material is a vast undertaking, which I don’t have the time for right now. That said, I plan to slowly catch up and get a “birds-eye view” of the body of work.
anonjedi2

Happy to do so, and thanks for allowing it, SCS. My suggestion would be to maybe change the title of the thread so that all Kubrick related research can remain in one place. I am noticing that many themes overlap and intertwine, so while a specific post of mine may be focused on another theme, minor elements of Apollo may also be included as well.

THE TENNIS BALL

The Tennis Ball plays an important role in the film, on multiple levels.

In one scene - Jack, in a moment of frustration (due to his writer's block), is throwing the Tennis Ball against the wall of Native American art which Jay Weidner points out looks like 4 Rockets. The significance of this scene is that the sound of the tennis ball is loud and ominous, drawing the viewer's attention to it.

Other things to notice (and there are more, but I will keep the list short for now):

a) The Driftwood sculpture on the left (more on this later).
b) The rectangular shape of the art, which may signify a movie screen (The Monolith). Many researchers, including Weidner have speculated that the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey is the television or movie screen.
c) Jack is in the position of The Hanged Man Tarot Card which we've discussed in the 9/11 - the "FALLING MAN - the phony jumpers" thread.
(http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6d48e0737e)
d) The Native American Art

Diné’é (Navajo) depictions of Yei'i, a subset of supernatural beings collectively called Diyiin Diné’é (Holy People). The fifth figure, surrounding the 4 "rockets" on three sides, is a rainbow Yei'i. Some Diné’é believe these to be taboo figures. Some believe them to be extraterrestrial. In Navajo cosmology, balance is maintained through opposites. Good is evil, evil is good. More on the Rainbow in a future post.

One more thing to notice is that if you count the number of times the ball sounds against the wall, it's exactly 11.

How many chairs do you count in this scene?

...and how many chairs does Danny ride past on his Big Wheel?

Numerology is all over this film - namely the numbers 7, 11, 42 and the obvious 237 (which when multiplied gives you 42). More on this later.

Finally, it can be argued that the Tennis Ball represents the Sun. References to the sun are all over Kubrick's work. A few examples:

a) In the Gold Room, the ceiling lights look like the rays of the Sun.

b) In this scene, we see two images of fictitious food brands. One is called Texsun, the other is Golden Rey.

^^^ Side note, from Wikipedia - Black Strap Molasses is a novelty song by Carmine Ennis and Marilou Harrington, released in August 1951.[2][3][4] It was recorded by the movie stars Groucho Marx, Jimmy Durante, Jane Wyman, and Danny Kaye, with chorus and orchestra directed by Sonny Burke. The song was a popular success, reaching number 29 on the Billboard charts, but was banned from some radio networks because it was perceived as promoting commercial products. Commercial products are all over the film. My interpretation is that this is Kubrick's way of saying that he's not promoting commercial products but has placed these here for different reasons (which I will show in future posts).

c) The name of the road that they drive on in the opening scene is called Going to the Sun Road (in Montana). It is considered one of the most dangerous roads in the United States.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going-to-the-Sun_Road

d) Of course the most obvious example is from 2001, where the Sun is prominent in many scenes. I'm starting to get the feeling that 2001 may be telling us about the nature of the Solar System. I'm interested to see how it aligns with Simon's Tychos research. More on this later.

The Greek God of the Sun is Apollo.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

anonjedi2 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 pm Happy to do so, and thanks for allowing it, SCS. My suggestion would be to maybe change the title of the thread so that all Kubrick related research can remain in one place. I am noticing that many themes overlap and intertwine, so while a specific post of mine may be focused on another theme, minor elements of Apollo may also be included as well.
. . .
I’ll ultimately defer to michiganj about this topic’s title. That said, in the context of preexisting content on this forum (e.g. the thorough dismantling of the Apollo Missions scam), I think the “and” in the title contemplates other (and crossover) concepts and themes related to the body of work attributed to Kubrick. We can always make adjustments later if needed. :)
anonjedi2

That sounds good, SCS.

This website has some great Moon Hoax research, including a writeup of Stanley Kubrick analysis. The article focuses on the so-called "continuity errors" found in The Shining. Well, given how meticulous Kubrick was, it seems obvious that these "errors" are actually deliberate clues. When analyzing the "errors" in relation to the errors made in some of the Apollo photographs, it becomes clear that there are many similarities. The "errors" in The Shining (and other films) are actually showing us the errors in the Apollo images.

From the article:

Examples of anomalous continuity errors found in Kubrick’s films and the Apollo imagery include:

1. Fabrics and/or flags waving – yes, flags waving
2. 90-degree turns and/or rotations
3. Divides, including vertical or horizontal splits
4. Changes to the foreground or background of a scene from shot-to-shot
5. Disappearing and/or reappearing elements
6. Swapping/moving elements around from shot-to-shot
7. The use of models
8a. Additional lighting from more than the primary light source, and
8b. lighting from unexpected directions
9. Unexpected bright reflections
10. Events played out of sequence
11. Repeated themes/reuse of film set elements
12. Impossible views/scenarios – mirroring or flipping of elements in a scene.

Please see this link for the photo and scene analysis, cross-referenced with their corresponding lunar errors.

https://www.aulis.com/deliberate_errors.htm
anonjedi2

In the interest of being 100% accurate ...

Technically the Greek God of the Sun is Helios ... Apollo is generally known as the Sun God but a more accurate title would be the God of Light, Sunlight.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

This is probably (maybe?) just a coincidence—but, a perfect anagram for Stanley Kubrick is “blacker sky unit.” How long has the whole “why aren’t there any stars?” (re Apollo imagery) question been around?

In any event (to be crystal clear), I’m in no way suggesting that lack of visible stars is anywhere close to the most damning evidence against the Apollo tales. It’s perhaps noteworthy because it was one of the first things I recall hearing about when I learned (some years ago) that there were people questioning the reported moon landing(s).