Stanley Kubrick and the Apollo Hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
fbenario

Re: Stanley Kubrick and the Apollo Hoax

Unread post by fbenario »

anonjedi2 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:17 pm Well, given how meticulous Kubrick was, it seems obvious that these "errors" are actually deliberate clues.
Clues left for whom?

Why would he do this? Ego? Bragging? To pat himself on the back? Hubris? To prove he was smarter than his paymasters?
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

I don't know the answer. Clues for future clues-hunters like us, perhaps?
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

I've been following this thread with interest. Just came across this image thought I'd post, in case it helps. (loved the Apollo 11 launch pad analogy)

Lisa and Louise Burns posing outside The Shining wardrobe department right before filming their classic hallway scene. (1979)
Us lying in the blood was one of the last scenes shot for the movie and I remember being worried, not because of the blood, but because it was going to be cold. Stanley was such a perfectionist and had planned exactly how he was going to pour the blood over us, so our main concern was just staying really, really still. We only had one set of blue dresses, so we had to get it right the first time otherwise the blood would ruin the dresses. I remember that was very challenging for Stanley because he liked to do many takes.
https://historydaily.org/iconic-photogr ... GK25mPBFMU
Newsbender

Unread post by Newsbender »

Apollo 10½: A Space Age Childhood is a new film from Richard Linklater. I skimmed through this review, expecting this to be just another propaganda piece from the system, but I was surprised at how brazen the mockery was, even by the Nutwork's standards:
Stanley (performed by Milo Coy) is a young boy living in El Lago, Texas, just outside of Houston. The year is 1969, and NASA is located right next door, with Stanley’s Dad (Bill Wise) a member of the team, keeping paperwork tidy while doing his part for the Apollo space program. Living with five siblings and his Mom (Lee Eddy), Stanley goes about his days like a normal kid during this time, with mischief and exploration a common activity, but he’s soon pulled aside by two NASA techs who need help. A lunar module has been incorrectly assembled, making it too small for an adult astronaut. Taking note of his school performance and size, the NASA visitors ask Stanley to join the team for a single mission to the moon. While his family believes he’s having the time of his life at summer camp, Stanley embarks on rigorous training in Houston, prepped to get things right for the space program during their time of need.
I refuse to accept that the kid being called "Stanley" is a coincidence and is obviously meant to tie in with Stanley Kubrick helping NASA as a technical consultant for shooting the staged moon landings, in particular due to his expertise with the front screen projection technique. (I am not saying this is true, but there is enough photographic evidence to at least support Kubrick having had meetings with NASA, which appear to serve as the basis for a lot of speculation).

It also appears to address the often observed fact that the lunar module more than likely was too small for three astronuts in full gear, who could never have made it through that hatch with those bulky suits and backpacks on.

Whatever the motive may be here - to further obscure search results (anyone searching for Apollo, moon landings, stanley, etc. will be appropriately misdirected), to rub our noses in it, or even a warped confession of sorts (perhaps all three?) - this is definitely intentional!

Edited to add the part about the LEM being too small.
michiganj

Unread post by michiganj »

anonjedi2 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:40 am Hmmmm... I don't see a ceiling fan definitively in the astronaut's visor. What makes you think that is a ceiling fan?

Also, that is Alan Bean in the photo. Pete Conrad took the photo, just FYI.
No. According to the official record this is Alan Bean taking Pete Conrad's photo. Alan Bean is the one in the reflection in Pete's visor.
AS12-48-7071 (OF300) ( 106k or 669k )

133:15:32 Al's picture of Pete taking Al's picture. Pete is holding the extension handle in his left hand. Note that he has re-attached the scoop. His cuff checklist can be seen on his left wrist and is open to one of the pages on which the backup crew has pasted a picture of a Playboy Playmate. Pete's watch is on his sleeve between his pressure gauge and his elbow. The LM is in the background, over Pete's left shoulder. A labeled detail shows the upper straps holding the Surveyor Parts Bag on the back of Pete's PLSS. Compare with a relevant pre-flight photo.
source= https://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a12/images12.html#Mag48
michiganj

michiganj wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:36 pm Dear anonjedi2 and Flabbergasted, my sincere apologies, this is not turning out the way that I had thought. I'm now seeing that it is extremely difficult to convey to someone else everything that is in my head without the other person reviewing all of the same material that I have.

In response to the quote, I thought it was interesting that Bill Kaysing says that Stanley was hired to direct Apollo's 11, 12 and 13 and the only film that he ever wrote a forward to has the first spoken words "eleven, twelve, thirteen".

As far as presentation, I thought it would be clearer to show things visually that A leads to B leads to C equals D kinda thing, like the saying 'A picture's worth a thousand words'. I guess that was a mistake in my thought process.

There are some major changes happening in my life which accounts for the long delays in between posts. It's too stressful and I've got too much on my plate right now. I cannot multi-task at all and my wife can verify that. :wacko:
I'm sorry but I need to put aside the forum for at least the next couple of months.

But I would like to take this moment and share my story. This all started in 2009 on the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11. The news report on tv was showing images of Buzz Aldrin saluting the flag and posing next to the LEM. Until then, I fully believed that men walked on the moon six times and box cutter wielding terrorists hi-jacked a couple planes and brought down the twin towers. For the first time in my life I questioned this photo and felt that this does not look like a man standing on the surface of the moon.

Something's not right and I began searching for an explanation. Then I ran into Jay Weidner's theory that Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landing using front screen projection. I laughed and thought Jay was nuts.
Seriously, Kubrick? Apollo? What the hell does one have to do with the other? I wasn't a Kubrick fan and only saw The Shining years prior but I figured I would give Jay the benefit of the doubt and re-watch the film. After carefully studying every frame and every word of dialog, I saw something that made me think 'Hey, maybe there is something here'. After that, I did the same with the rest of his films and finally realized that there are clues scattered across all of his films. They're very subtle and the way he did it makes it difficult to decipher. As brilliant as he was, the man turned out to be a royal pain in my ass.

Cut to the chase, there are clues that lead to a cement plant in Brownsville, Tennessee. Pictured below is just powdered cement. Anyone who's ever installed a chain-link fence, mounted a lamppost or anchored your kids swing set in the backyard knows exactly what this looks like.

And that's how you fake a lunar landscape. This is the same stuff you can find at your local building supplier.

The sounds that are played over a black screen during the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey is called concrete music or Musique Concréte. http://cldulawan.blogspot.com/2010/12/m ... crete.html

At 58:39 in A Clockwork Orange this book, which stands out among the rest on the shelf, is Catechesis of Revelation by Gabriel Moran.

Gabe has a unique writing style and loves to use the word concrete. This is just two pages where he uses it nine times, but in total, it is used 38 times throughout the book.

And, we can't forget the French guy that Kubrick allowed to interview him. Michel Ciment. http://visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.html

Based on all the clues, I believe Kubrick did indeed create the Apollo footage and it was filmed at the studio on Wonderland Avenue. I tend to agree with what Bill Kaysing said that he only worked on Apollo 11, 12 and 13, during which he taught the boys at NASA how to use the equipment so they could continue the BS.

It's been argued that front screen projection only works if the camera remains perfectly still and couldn't explain the video where you're riding along on the rover. Tell that to the guy who worked on 2001: A Space Odyssey and later made you believe that Superman could fly. Zoran Perisic- http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0673830/
Maybe Stanley gave him the idea?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXC16p8tNc

It's possible that when Kennedy went to Congress in May 1961 to ask for money to go to the moon that there was already a plan in motion to fake it. This would be one month after the Yuri Gagarin hoax.

Why was it necessary to fake a moon landing? To beat the Russians at their own game.

Click image for pdf book

Click image for pdf book

Regarding the address of 8935 Wonderland Avenue. In Eyes Wide Shut, consider Helena's math problem and what she needs to do to solve it. She has to take away.

Throughout the film we see Bill get in and out of the same cab (about seven times). You'll know it's the same cab because it has the same number 7M96.

Take away 7 from 96 = 89.

Add up all the numbers including the value of M. 7 + 13 + 9 + 6 = 35.

Now swap the nine and six. 7M69. July '69.

mj
michiganj

anonjedi2 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:03 pm One question for you though - do you mind at least sharing WHERE I can look for the clues that lead to Brownsville, TN? Which movie(s) ?
Certainly. Sorry for such a long hiatus from the forum.

I found it using this scanned pdf copy of the screenplay for 2001: A Space Odyssey.

There's some quirky differences between the film and screenplay that caught my attention.

Heywood says he has to make a couple of phone calls but he only makes one.

He asks Squirt what she wants for her birthday and at first she says a telephone. Heywood says they have lots of telephones, isn't there something else you would like? Then she says a bush baby.

In the screenplay Heywood says I have to make a phone call (meaning one) but he actually makes two. In the first one HE NEVER ASKS SQUIRT WANT SHE WANTS FOR HER BIRTHDAY but then proceeds in the second call to order a bush baby from Macy's Pet Department. images/SKfiles/phone call.pdf

Heywood gives his banking information and where to send it.

Thank you very much. Floyd,
Heywood, R., First National
Bank of Washington. Please
deliver to Miss Josephine
Floyd, 9423 Dupre Avenue,
N.W.14.

Well, now we have an address. So I Googled 9423 Dupre Avenue, N.W.14 and it brought me to this location in Brownsville, Tennessee where Dupree Avenue meets Washington Avenue.

At first I thought it was nothing and then some time later I started poking around the area. What a startling revelation when I found that cement plant. How could I have been duped for so long? You see, I have worked in construction most of my life and I am VERY familiar with cement. I don't know why I didn't recognize it sooner.

You might be wondering is there anything thing else in the films that would support this finding? Yes there are a couple of things.

Have a look at this scene with the hooker in Full Metal Jacket and hear what Cowboy and Eightball have to say.

'Good Mornin' Little School Girl' is a song first recorded by John Lee Curtis "Sonny Boy" Williamson in 1937. Although many artists have recorded it over the years it does appear on the album Black Snake by John Lee Hooker. I probably would never have recognized it as a song if I didn't see it on Jonny Lang's Lie To Me album.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Boy_Williamson_I

Sonny Boy would have played with the likes of-
Hammie Nixon - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammie_Nixon
James "Yank" Rachell - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yank_Rachell
Sleepy John Estes - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepy_John_Estes
First two were born in Brownsville and in 1915, Estes' father, a sharecropper who also played some guitar, moved the family to Brownsville, Tennessee. There's even a mention of Sonny Boy Williamson in Tina Turner's autobiography I,Tina.

Speaking of Tina Turner. This painting to the right of Alex is simply titled "Tina". It was mass produced and sold as a Turner Wall Accessory.

https://popmotif.com/collections/j-h-lynch

And what was that other John Fogerty song that Tina was so famously known for performing?

Left a good job in the city
Workin' for the man every night and day
And I never lost one minute of sleepin'
Worryin''bout the way that things might have been
Big wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin' on the river

In the French audio we learn that Heywood's middle name is Richard.

Tina Turner was born Anna Mae Bullock on November 26, 1939 at the Brownsville Haywood Memorial Hospital to Zelma Priscilla and FLOYD RICHARD Bullock. The town of Brownsville resides in HAYWOOD county.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tina_Turner

antipodean

Heywood gives his banking information and where to send it.

N.W.14.

Well, now we have an address. So I Googled 9423 Dupre Avenue, N.W.14 and it brought me to this location in Brownsville, Tennessee where Dupree Avenue meets Washington Avenue.
Interestingly, '2001 : A Space Odyssey' was made a year before the first faked moon landing was broadcast.
I would assume Kubrick inserted Apollo 11 clues into movies he made after 1969. So could he have been filming 2001 : A Space Odyssey, at the same time as faking the first moon landing?
michiganj

antipodean wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:06 am
Interestingly, '2001 : A Space Odyssey' was made a year before the first faked moon landing was broadcast.
I would assume Kubrick inserted Apollo 11 clues into movies he made after 1969. So could he have been filming 2001 : A Space Odyssey, at the same time as faking the first moon landing?
I think using guys from NASA to help him with the film was the perfect cover. In the screenplay, at the bottom of each page is a date. The phone call exchange shows 12/06/1965. The earliest date in the entire screenplay is 10/04/1965.

I believe this was being planned years before Apollo 11, possibly shortly after the Yuri Gagarin hoax. Hell, he may have even worked on Apollo's 8,9 and 10.
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

michiganj wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:48 pm Heywood gives his banking information and where to send it.

N.W.14.

At first I thought it was nothing and then some time later I started poking around the area. What a startling revelation when I found that cement plant. How could I have been duped for so long? You see, I have worked in construction most of my life and I am VERY familiar with cement. I don't know why I didn't recognize it sooner.
I went to Google and find this

https://imgur.com/a/1Ho7Epn

There is no Dupree Avenue. Map shows Dupree Street. There is a church there which has this address

700 North Dupree St, Brownsville, TN 38012, United States

Note it is Dupree and not Dupre. Plus there is no # 9423 on this Street.

As to the cement factory. I assume you mean this one because I see nothing else and you don't point it out.

https://www.btredimix.com/about/

Note, it was founded in 1985
antipodean

I've not watched '2001'. Apart from Heywood R Floyd being an American, is there any reason why he would be residing in the US?
Kubrick moved to the UK in 1961 and NW14 is a postal area in north west London. When giving out their address Londoners often give the postal area.