Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
lux

Re: Fakery in Orbit: THE ISS

Unread post by lux »

Sure looks like a model to me.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Here's an earlier Soyuz launch - as 'seen' by a Russia Today reporter: :o :wacko: :unsure:

http://endthelie.com/2012/10/23/new-iss ... z2FaJiTG1q
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

Good observation simonshack in regard to the different perspectives.

I watched several Soyuz launch videos. The smoke plumes created from Soyuze rockets is very different from that created by shuttle launch rockets. The Soyuz rockets create almost no smoke, while the shuttle rockets blast thick, gigantic clouds. Why the difference?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

CitronBleu wrote:Why the difference?
Different fuel? Or different artists? That is the question.
CitronBleu

After the MSL Curiosity's "We're NASA and we know it" there is now NASA's "Johnson Style" ("Gangnam Style" Parody). NASA seems to be turning more and more into a popular music production company.

Our tax dollars hard at work.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulxSCb4ZVk

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KnTpm9Y77E
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

"Station Crew Celebrates Christmas"
The astroclowns have amped the silliness up to 11, but video resolution has dropped to 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEGn-P-id0

note: this is painful to watch
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ Thanks for posting -- here it is:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEGn-P-id0

I've never seen springy Santa hats that stick up in the air like that (watch the 2 guys in lower right corner below):
Santa hats are usually floppy like this.

Reminds me of Cady Coleman's magic springy hair:

Are we supposed to believe that the hats and hair are sticking up due to lack of gravity? :blink: This is obviously not the case. The Santa hats have obviously been made to spring up and Cady's hair has obviously been treated with a substance to make it "springy."

Why is it that they can fake floating bodies and objects OK but they can't fake floating hats or hair without resorting to corny tricks?
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

lux wrote:Why is it that they can fake floating bodies and objects OK but they can't fake floating hats or hair without resorting to corny tricks?
It is still hard to pinpoint the techniques of deception in regards to these space hoaxes ...maybe they simply use good old strings on everything (edited out of the videos), which obviously could never apply for hair or smaller objects that flow within and around the scene. Ultimately there could be in place an ensemble of tricks and special effects, rather than one big ass expensive anti-gravitational machine that takes care of it all.
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ Yes, I think it must be mostly "wire work" that we're seeing in these videos.
nonhocapito

lux wrote:^ Yes, I think it must be mostly "wire work" that we're seeing in these videos.
Just look at the face of this actressnaut in the gif you posted. Focus on her expression, serious and cautious as her legs are being lifted horizontally.

Right then, she just does not look like a person that does this everyday in zero gravity, but rather like someone who is very preoccupied with making it look right.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

lux wrote:^ Yes, I think it must be mostly "wire work" that we're seeing in these videos.
lux wrote: Image
Watch her legs/feet.
If you watch enough times, you can see how a 'wire' may be attached above her right ankle.
She is not free to use her right leg, and at one point she uses her left leg to push back the 'wire'. The left leg never goes beyond the 'wire'.
CitronBleu

None of the background hoses and cables at left make even the slightest movement or pull as the astronaut is pulled to the right, except the white string attached to box she is holding to.

There is some almost imperceptible movement visible by the white hose closest to Cady Coleman.

Background and foreground appear as two distinct layers.
lux

Unread post by lux »

I made the Cady Coleman gif from this video ...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtCn3N59q4
... starting at roughly 1:25
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

Regarding the turgid Santa hat gif, notice the suggestive way that the Asstronot plays with his floaty comrades erection. For all the people wondering what they do during those lonely nights, I suppose :huh:
nonhocapito

lux wrote:I made the Cady Coleman gif from this video ...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtCn3N59q4
... starting at roughly 1:25
...maybe you have already discussed the whole video in which case apologies.

But it is really a good lesson in propaganda.

First of all it might be important to notice how they keep underlining that she is a "mother of two" other than being an astronaut. As always, the whole thing is meant to make people feel bad with themselves, because in real life being a mother of two pretty much destroys any other chance to be something else in life, but in their fantasy world you do that and are an astronaut and a lovely person as well. Sure, why not.

Then the whole discussion about these alleged experiments that they would conduct up there is kind of surreal.

At one point she blathers about "understanding what liquids really want to do", as if on earth liquids would not teach that at all (absence of gravity is not a more "pure" environment, it is just a different one. It is completely idiotic to assume that you need a space station to figure out the behavior of liquids or gases in zero gravity).

This just an excuse to play a little bit with water effects, as we will see.
The script writers are kind of burned out at this point.

But the real gem comes a moment later when she tells us that such experiments are meant to understand "how fuel tanks for satellites should work", and of course this interests everyone because we all use satellites and blah blah.

Well, dang.

So the experiments they do serve to better understand the space industry itself.

It is a self-included hoax industry, so that we never risk to actually see with our eyes, in our everyday lives, the good useful effects of our great scientists spending our money up in space.

Suddenly I am a lot more inclined to think that satellites are faked, just because this actressnaut just showed me precisely a part they have in their big scams.

And here's another special effect:

Nothing new, but is still remarkable how they make the whole staged thing work. Apparently this was live on TV too. But was she, really? Very Doubtful...