ENDEAVOUR - the 30-year Space Shuttle hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by simonshack »

LOL! :lol:

WHEN NASA STARTS MESSING WITH STARS

Here's why NASA tends to leave the stars alone.
When their compositing clowns starts messing with them, they get busted faster than you can say "twinkle twinkle" !

"When Starfields are fake": http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evid ... rfield.htm
(I believe the credit for this finding goes to one Sander Mulder from the Netherlands. You may want to skip reading the contorted musings on that 'Marsanomaly' website as to why this silly star-cloning occured... ).

And yup - NASA still has that image shamelessly posted in their galleries: http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/ima ... e5052.html
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

What device is alleged to have taken the picture which was apparently even further from the Earth than the ISS?
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

Nasa's little joke.

Quote "Endeavour's Dazzling Journey

The docked space shuttle Endeavour (STS-134), backdropped by a night time view of Earth and a starry sky are featured in this image photographed by an Expedition 28 crew member on the station."

Image 14 from this gallery...of STS134

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shutt ... index.html

Clearly the 'stars' have slipped and should not be between the camera lens and the boundary edge of the earth.
The earths motion blur here clearly is another joke. As if the earth is spinning like a basketball on a finger.

Ha ha.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Terence.drew wrote:Clearly the 'stars' have slipped and should not be between the camera lens and the boundary edge of the earth.
The earths motion blur here clearly is another joke. As if the earth is spinning like a basketball on a finger.

Ha ha.
Nonetheless, pretty important picture you have here Terrence.

It is the first one I ever see by NASA featuring stars in the background of one of their manned missions. The blur of the earth is supposed to be explained with the long exposure times required to pick up stars. It is not due to the motion of the earth, of course, but to the motion of the ISS orbiting. The stars appearing behind the earth profile don't seem to be in front of the earth as much as be seen through the earth atmosphere.

Yet this picture seems to me an utter impossibility.

The camera is supposed to have some sort of tracking system to follow the stars. Otherwise, we would end up seeing lines, not points. But if there was a tracking system in place, the shuttle could never be in focus.

Alternatively, there was no tracking system: the exposure times were really really short, and we don't see points, but very short lines (which seems to be the case). This in turn means that we should see stars in outer space pictures much more often, if it is so easy, with a few seconds exposure, to pick up that many stars.

There is also a question of the light. If we assume that it is very hard to pick stars in space (which I doubt), we must assume that the camera was set to pick up the most light. But if so, we should see the shuttle much brighter than this. Does this means that this is some sort of HDR composition of different exposures/apertures?

In this other picture the docked shuttle looks equally illuminated, but no stars whatsoever are visible.

reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

^ ^ ^ ...Cant decide which earth atmosphere to like best, blue & green are nice but i think khaki-beige rocks !

Standard NIKONS on Endeavour then...

Wall & ceiling mounted cam-corders...

Perfect for all those minute-long exposures capturing all those incredibly sharp & stunningly beautiful flecks of fluff inside the windows...
;)

oh yeah ! ...the ISS projector-film A3 transparency also looks amazing mask-layered in between the shuttle's double-glazing !!!
:P
simonshack
Administrator

Here's a little imagination game for all to enjoy. Firstly, take a good look at the first image below of the latest Space Shuttle (STS134) as it docks with the International Space Station. (It's the 31st photo of this NASA photo gallery): http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shutt ... index.html

The NASA caption says:
This close-up view of the crew cabin of space shuttle Endeavour was provided by an Expedition 27 crew member during a survey of the approaching STS-134 vehicle prior to docking with the International Space Station. (...) Endeavour performed a back-flip for the rendezvous pitch maneuver (RPM). The station crew member used a digital still camera with an 800mm focal length, as the two spacecraft were approximately 180 meters apart.
Here's the original image - I have called it "THE WIDE VIEW" for the purpose of this 'reality game'. Note the two pink human hands pointed out by the yellow arrows:

Here is a CLOSE-UP VIEW of the same image: please get fully familiar with HAND1 - in particular with its size and position. Then, scroll up again to the WIDE VIEW and try imagining/or drawing in your mind - the rest of the body of the owner of HAND 1 - and how he/she might be positioned inside the available space of the Space Shuttle cockpit. Have fun!

Needless to say, my point here would be: ALL external pictures of the Space Shuttle/ISS are done with scale models - and added photoshop bits and pieces (in this case, with the absolute minimum needed to make it all look realer: a pair of pink human hands). The interior shots (with the actornauts floating around the inside of the ISS) are filmed - with modern Hollywood 'zero-gravity effects' - in mock-up modules/cinema props firmly anchored to Mother Earth. Did I hear someone say..."Duh - Hollywood can't do such realistic-looking effects?" :huh:
simonshack
Administrator

COUNTDOWN FOR FINAL SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCH IN HISTORY (STS 135)

tick....tick...tick....tick...tick....tick...tick....tick...tick....tick...tick....tick...tick....tick...tick....tick...

JULY 8 2011 is D-Day : http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/missions/s ... efault.asp

Are you all ready? Is our Florida forum member Brutal Metal going to watch it from safe distance?

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:

Is NASA going to show us the same psychedelic animation once again?

Terence.drew

simonshack wrote:
Needless to say, my point here would be: ALL external pictures of the Space Shuttle/ISS are done with scale models - and added photoshop bits and pieces (in this case, with the absolute minimum needed to make it all look realer: a pair of pink human hands). [/i] :huh:
Maybe the pink hands belong to this guy :unsure: Thunderbirds are go!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... 00x450.jpg
nonhocapito wrote: Yet this picture seems to me an utter impossibility.
Agreed man. I take your point about the stars supposed to shining through the atmosphere. The hundreds of miles of atmosphere effects not their colour intensity or size :( surprise surprise.

Here is another picture of a supposed long exposure from the same batch of National Geo pics linked above.

In this one the stars get a little elongation to simulate the effect of a long exposure.

One thing which sticks out about both long exp. photos is the level of noise in them.
This doesn't make sense because long exp shots can be done with low iso numbers 100+ which produce no noise. My guess is the noise is confuse anyone who might try and match up the 'stars' in the montage with an actual star map.
These shots actually look like shots taken with extremely high iso settings 12,000+.

The Earth here is particularly bad. Long exposure shots can retain elongated/stretched detail and the edges of slow moving objects if the camera is fixed. Motion blur obscures detail when a fast moving object enters the scene of a slow shutter speed or long exposure event.

What drama awaits the final STS mission? Its like a TV STUDIO in there !
Nice one RD.
reel.deal wrote:
Wall & ceiling mounted cam-corders...
simonshack
Administrator

Well, folks...

As I looked around for the latest news about "STS 135" (the Space Shuttle's FINAL FLIGHT) - I bumped into the "FALCON 9" supply rocket. What does this rocket do, you may ask? Well, here's a quote from Wickedpedia:
The FALCON 9 and Dragon combination won a Commercial Resupply Services (CRS) contract from NASA to resupply the International Space Station under the Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (COTS) program.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_9
Ok - so the FALCON 9 resupplies the Space Station with supplies, I suppose. So I looked for a video of the FALCON 9 launch - and found this:
http://blip.tv/spacevidcast/old-school- ... 07-3740750

Just as the FALCON 9 lifts off - this bug flies in front of the lens...Pretty creepy, if you ask me:

Well actually- it's not really creepy - it is completely ridiculous. You would need a macro setting for your camera to capture a bug in such detail flying in front of your lens. The people behind these images are sick in their minds - in my honest opinion. What about you? Do you have an opinion?
nonhocapito

I'm not an expert or anything but it doesn't even look like a real creature. I guess it is supposed to be a big-ass locust?

I made a gif of the precious thing:

nonhocapito

Article on the telegraph explaining why the Shuttle program is being shut down:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/spac ... reach.html
Of course, as with everything nowadays, it comes down to money. The astronaut Gordon Gooper once warned, “No bucks, no Buck Rogers”, and the America of Barack Obama is very short indeed of bucks, given its planet-sized deficit.
If the program is faked as it seems to be, money cannot be the real reason why the program is being shut down. Is it possible that this is a deliberate choice to cut down on big-ass fakery projects for the western masses, because after the shame of 9/11 and 7/7 they are not considered safe anymore?

Nah, that can't be the case... Fakery will continue as always... But you gotta wonder why the easy game of faking space wonders should at all be dropped, without even as much as a deadly accident as an excuse.
simonshack
Administrator

nonhocapito wrote:
Nah, that can't be the case... Fakery will continue as always... But you gotta wonder why the easy game of faking space wonders should at all be dropped, without even as much as a deadly accident as an excuse.
Well, nonho...

Tomorrow the last Space Shuttle lifts off - at "11. 26 AM". Why do I have this weird, uneasy feeling it will explode in its first minute of flight? :huh:

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html
Terence.drew

Camera settings for 'ET" photos for Nikon's D2xs used on the shuttle. One of Nikon's flagship cameras at over 4,000 dollars. A beast of a machine to operate hence the instructions I guess for non professional photographer actornauts.

Settings must be for out the window shots. ISO 100. F8. Shutter speed 1000.

Cropped and reversed.

Original photo.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/ima ... 07065.html
simonshack
Administrator

"THE SCIENCE GODDESS" :rolleyes:
"NASA Tweetup for STS 135 Last Launch of Shuttle Atlantis | Joanne Manaster"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QSMOMP4ZBU

Warning: Don't know if you can bear all of 3 minutes of this tweeting Air Force woman.
If you can muster it - please someone let me know what the heck she is up to? What do tweet-uppers actually do?
Terence.drew

simonshack wrote:
Tomorrow the last Space Shuttle lifts off - at "11. 26 AM". Why do I have this weird, uneasy feeling it will explode in its first minute of flight? :huh:
How about this one Simon?

The last shuttle ever ascends towards the heavens in all it's glory. The official lapel pin for the flight incorporates the Omega symbol Ω (plus the freemasonic compass symbol)

The mission is going swell until day 4 - the 11th of July 2011. At 11am STS 135 (1+3+5=9) suddenly loses contact with ground control. However, just before all contact is lost, fuzzy pictures of an alien craft apporaching the shuttle are beamed back to earth and then...silence. 50 years of repetition and suggestion regarding alien contact kick in with a bang back down here within the collective consciousness and people start to get very afraid.
The Shuttle never returns or is left floating around the Earth but the occupants have all disappeared....

to be continued...

:P