Brussels Airport and Metro attack March 22 2016

Discussing the most relevant "sequels" or "reminders" of 9/11. The so-called "War On Terror" is a global scam finalized to manipulate this world's population with crass fear-mongering tactics designed to scare you shitless.
Seneca

Re: Brussels Airport and Metro attack March 22 2016

Unread post by Seneca »

This video was shown on CNN and is supposed to be taken by a taxi driver, who went inside the airport looking for his son who works at a food stand.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-LoONUic1U

There is so much wrong with this video, I don't know where to start:

-the idea that you would start filming at a moment like this
-the awful quality of the video
-he only calls out to his son "Kevin" at minute 2:32 and 2:42, very quietly.
-he is taking his time, moving very slowly, constantly turning around
-you see rescue workers, yet nobody tells him to leave the area
-no rescue worker would leave a baby by itself (1:19)
-the taxi driver doesn't pause more than 5 seconds to consider helping the baby
-the baby cries only once, very calmly, at the exact moment that it is on camera
-you see ceiling tiles on the floor, supposedly from the nail bomb, yet you don't see any damage to other objects, like the white walls
-there is also debris in places where it would be impossible for the bomb to cause damage, behind a door
-I don't see any bodies, yet according to the narrator the baby is sitting next to its dead mother
-I am not sure if it is the same place as on the photographs, there are rectangular columns in the video, on the photographs I see only round columns

On CNN's own website, the images are shown in a different order, perhaps in an effort to make the story more believable.

In the text on CNN's website there are some elements that are not consistent with the footage:
"Izquierdo told CNN that he was told by police not to take the girl away. It would be easier to identify the girl, if she was next to her mom. "
"As Izquierdo treks through the hall and across the disastrous results of the twin bombing, he finds an older woman who needs help. She has a cut on her hand. She is distraught, seems lost. He leads her outside."
On the video he asks if she is okay "ça va Madame?", she replies yes. Then he continues in the same direction, toward the place where his son is supposed to have been working.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

In case you are confused about what exactly happened, here is a short "3D reconstruction"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7M3NSIfrcc
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

CNN broadcast an interview with Mason Wells from his hospital bed, with his face in a gauze mask. I did not recall it being mentioned he was burned. I assume that most burn victims, to the degree he seems burned, would be on a high dose of painkillers and would not speak so clear and sober.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016/03 ... newday.cnn

I also heard on this same CNN broadcast (that I was forced to listen to in a dr.'s office) that a major drill had taken place in Brussels the day before. Who-Da-Thunk! :rolleyes: I did some searching on that almost immediately after this story broke, and found nothing except that Brussels was poised to hire 1,000 additional policemen due to the Paris attacks.
starfish prime

Unread post by starfish prime »

CluedIn wrote:Exactly, starfish. The articles tell us about all of the dismembered bodies strewn about, the horrors people were subjected to. This is the only photo I've seen - it must be so gruesome - I'm so glad they shielded us from it!
Yeah, they seem quite fond of pixelating anything they can, even the basketball player's injured pants!

Here is that photo uncensored:

I guess that is suppose to be body laying across the doorway? And some flesh and an organ in the foreground? Where is the blood? It looks like someone just tossed a few Halloween props among the wreckage.

Also, apparently the Turkish President "predicted" an attack in Brussels a few days beforehand:
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday warned Europe that it, too, could fall victim to attacks by Kurdish militants following a terror attack in Ankara that killed 37 people.

Speaking at ceremony to commemorate the 101st anniversary of the Battle of Gallipoli in the coastal town of Canakkale, Erdogan said, "there is no reason why the bomb that exploded in Ankara cannot explode in Brussels, in any other European city."
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... n-37743106
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

CluedIn wrote: I also heard on this same CNN broadcast (that I was forced to listen to in a dr.'s office) that a major drill had taken place in Brussels the day before. Who-Da-Thunk! :rolleyes: I did some searching on that almost immediately after this story broke, and found nothing except that Brussels was poised to hire 1,000 additional policemen due to the Paris attacks.
There was a major drill the evening before in Antwerp, Belgium's second biggest city. According to this website about 1000 volunteers had registered.
I found this info on the website http://www.martinvrijland.nl, a Dutch site that sometimes has good information about media fakery, but promotes belief in aliens.
Apache

Unread post by Apache »

SacredCowSlayer wrote:The "laying down man" with the strange legs (CGI? or Dummy?) looks clearly staged. I mean, what jackass reporter shows up and takes a picture like that (in the real world)? Did he beat the medics to the scene? If so, is it common practice to be sure and capture a maimed person on camera before emergency personnel arrive? It's hard to imagine stopping to point a camera at someone in serious medical need when he could die soon without immediate attention (for all the cameraman knows anyway).

Or were the medics standing back and waiting for the propaganda shots to be taken before tending to the poor soul? Neither one of those reflects how the real world works.
1. Someone put a tourniquet around his upper thigh. I've mentioned the use of tourniquets before and how dangerous they are if they are not applied correctly (the person stands to lose their leg). I was told, in no uncertain terms, during First Aid training that you do not apply a tourniquet. Whoever did so applied a dirty looking one that is clearly not from a medical kit and therefore it was not applied by anyone who is trained to do so. Looks good though, doesn't it?
2. I was told, during First Aid training, that if someone has a lower leg injury (ie a bleed) that you raise their leg above the level of their heart in order to slow down the bleeding.

No, what we see does not reflect how the real world works, certainly not in the world of First Aid.
clank

Unread post by clank »

An interesting piece in the Guardian today.

One picture from the Brussels attacks is a lesson in the delicate art of propaganda

The article discusses the propaganda value of this image,

The author tries to put forth that such imagery is required to 'educate' us poor normal folk in the horrors of terrorism, but not to further the terrorist's agenda. Of course it is solely pushing the 'terrorist's agenda, only the author, her paper, and their backers are the terrorists.
It’s explicit enough to capture fully the shock and disorientation, the sudden stripping away of social self-consciousness, that finding yourself the victim of a terror attack surely brings. But it’s not explicit enough to demand unbearable imaginings. It portrays a bad moment in an event full of unspeakable moments. It stays on the periphery of terror.

The photograph invites personal empathy – it’s not hard to imagine yourself in that situation..This could happen to anyone.

“This could happen to anyone.” Five words that perfectly communicate the message of terrorism. We understand that reproducing and distributing disgusting images of torture and murder, produced by the perpetrators of the Brussels attacks, does the job of the terrorists for them. But the images that the western media does choose to disseminate are propaganda, too – difficult propaganda, which seeks to portray the reality [ :rolleyes: ] of what has happened, without spreading terror itself. It’s a difficult balance to achieve.

Really important photographs tell us something that we didn’t know, or didn’t want to know, or wish were not true, in urgent, unanswerable images [She clearly hasn't visited cluesforum]

It takes us very close, but not too close. It’s graphic but responsible, arresting but not horrifying. It’s an everyday story of terrorised folks. It’s enough.
And sadly, it is enough for most people to believe these stories.

As far as the image itself is concerned, we find yet another instance of a bomb capable of ruining someone's blouse and removing their shoes, but being kind enough to leave no damage to their stomach and leave their undergarments intact. I'm often reminded me of these 'zombie walk' type events people do for halloween.
Last edited by clank on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

The jeans that the girl sitting next to flabby bra girl has on look suspicious. They look like they have tear-away (velcro) patches to give the impression of ripped clothing, except hers may not have worked or plans were changed.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

clank wrote:An interesting piece in the Guardian today.

The article discusses the propaganda value of this image,

It's not just her jeans that are a patchwork, an interesting exercise in the art of photoshop. Is that "article" a tacit acknowledgement from the so-called "media", that they are the tewwowists?
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

CluedIn wrote:The jeans that the girl sitting next to flabby bra girl has on look suspicious. They look like they have tear-away (velcro) patches to give the impression of ripped clothing, except hers may not have worked or plans were changed.
Seriously, are those supposed to be denim paneled jeans? My daughter pointed that out to me yesterday after she finished laughing at the hysterical yellow coat/ ash head lady.

She asked me a question that I didn't have a ready answer for too. She was wondering if the signs at (and around) the airport were normally in English. Honestly I thought that would only be the case in countries where it's the primary or official language. Does anybody here know for sure?

I have to wonder if some of these images are total CGI, or if they used old images from drills and perhaps morphed the faces (that way the participants of the drill don't even realize what's going on). Or perhaps some combination of the two, plus the usual crisis actors. It's all clearly fabricated regardless of how it was done.
Last edited by SacredCowSlayer on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

SacredCowSlayer wrote: She asked me a question that I didn't have a ready answer for too. She was wondering if the signs at (and around) the airport were normally in English. Honestly I thought that would only be the case in countries where it's the primary or official language. Does anybody here know for sure?
I am 99% sure that this is the case. Belgium has 3 official languages (Dutch, French and German) and language is a very political issue, especially in Brussels. Using English as the primary language in an international environment is a very good compromise and a sign of openness toward other nations. I hope to be able to visit the airport in a couple of days, then I will let you know.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

brianv wrote: Is that "article" a tacit acknowledgement from the so-called "media", that they are the tewwowists?
I am not sure. At least she admits that they are into propaganda.
But the images that the western media does choose to disseminate are propaganda, too – difficult propaganda, which seeks to portray the reality of what has happened, without spreading terror itself. It’s a difficult balance to achieve.
But she uses a different definitition of propaganda than normal people do:
Propaganda is just information distributed in a way that gets a message across powerfully. Its bad reputation comes about partly because sometimes it is used to get across messages that are untrue, wrong, damaging or sinister. To do that, propaganda has to be very strong. Softer propaganda, even if it is telling nothing but the truth, is less strong, because the same information, in the eyes of different beholders, can carry different messages.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... propaganda
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

Thanks Seneca. I did do some searches for earlier purported images of this airport. I did see quite a few with clearly posted English.
Unlike most Americans, I didn't want to assume that every foreign country should accommodate my native language in such a fashion. But according to some travel sites online, it looks like English really is becoming the universal "go-to" language in international settings.
I guess we can't risk the elite and political ruling class getting lost when traveling abroad. What a tragedy that would be. :lol:
Ataraxia

Unread post by Ataraxia »

clank wrote:
Personally, I find the most damning part of this photo to be the face and head of the lady on the left. It appears to me that her face might even be at a lower resolution than the rest of the image and it has that 'floating' effect of a generally poor photoshop which hasn't been merged adequately enough into the scene around it. Her face has a very computer-game look, vacant and emotionless (which is especially odd when you factor in her surroundings, her expected shock, and the lady next to her.) Her face has no real texture to it either, when compared to her red scarf, her jeans, the bench and the bags both on the right side and her bag at her feet, which all have very sharp colors, outlines and textures. Look at how naturally detailed the dangly bits of her shawl are, and then how blurry and plain her face is.

This close-up of her face also seems to show the obvious fakery:

There's a white outline running down the whole left side of her face, between her hand and her face. The white line probably marks the area where her face is supposed to completely fill. Look at how thick her eyelashes are as they protrude out beyond her head, like one solid clump, thick enough to cover over part of her finger. Also her lips seem to have no actual physicality or shape to them, you'd expect them to interact with the outline of her face. Her features seem flat. Not to mention the eyes are completely empty and the bits of white in her hair just seem to be painted in.

In the close-up image, also compare the detail of her shawl and all the little dangly ends to how formless and untextured her hair is. The shawl seems to have real physical texture, and you can see the physical strands and how they realistically interact with each other and the main portion of the shawl. Whereas her hair has no texture at all and blends completely into her forehead and the sides of her head. Honestly, her whole face seems to be just a cartoon, likely drawn overtop a real face from a real common-place image.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Good catch.

On second examination, there is also a slight discrepancy in the proportion/perspective between the two women. So much so that the seat of cell phone girl is not aligned with the rest of the bench.