Facebook, Twitter and the artificial new media

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby whatsgoingon on November 24th, 2011, 1:06 am

,
Last edited by whatsgoingon on May 24th, 2013, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(
 
Posts: 577
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby nonhocapito on November 24th, 2011, 1:11 am

I'll probably be wrong --and I'm not saying that I am sure about this at all-- but... I watched part of this video: http://www.imdb.com/video/cbs/vi263034905/ and struggled to see a human being behind those never-batting eyes.
I imagine in such a case there be an actor that serves as a base to reproduce the human expressions during the conversation... but the superimposed facial features and eyes remain sort of "frozen" and not entirely human. Just an idea. We are told that this individual is worthed $35 billions, so he certainly should not exist.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby upstream on November 29th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Here's an interesting video of Zuckerberg sweating bullets while talking about privacy concerns:

Check out the edit at the 30 second mark.


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hu3iG8B2g

Get's good at 1:40 mark.

There's girls in the crowd that want you to take off your hoodie...Girls?...*crickets*... :lol:

It's like a secret cult...And this weird symbol in the middle that is probably for the illuminati...*cue uproarious crowd laughter*
upstream
Member
 
Posts: 132
Joined: September 17th, 2011, 12:18 am

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby hoi.polloi on November 30th, 2011, 2:47 am

Uh ... what is this bizarre, badly compressed video with terrible audio timing and weird lips and where are they being staged? :huh:

And what is with the long dramatic movement of the microphone? Does this not appear like an updated "sim interview" like the Peter Joseph shit?
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5047
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby Terence.drew on November 30th, 2011, 11:43 am

The Federal Trade Commission has barred facebook from making “further deceptive privacy claims” in a ruling this week.

Facebook has been forced to make many changes on how it conducts it's privacy business in the future, and will be subject to audits on these practices every 2 years for the next 20 years.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1129/breaking56.html

Zuckerberg states in a blog he is "committed to making Facebook the leader in transparency and control around privacy".I find this statement very subversive. Think about it B)

All these matters are being sorted out now before crunch time next year when facebook cashes in it's chips. How much is the map of your life worth to these poeple?

With 800 million users, and a value being put on this thing of 100 billion, EACH one of these users represents 125 dollars. Digital alchemy.

It's not surprising to find the company with the most to loose and the most to gain from the present banking 'crisis' getting in on the action. Goldman sachs invested 1.5 billion in facebook last year. This company is also closely tied with 911. Goldman sachs seems to believe that they own every individual on the planet. They now have some sort of access maybe to data on 1/6 of the population ( the rich ones also)


Goldman sachs is also populating the higher levels of European power broking with it's own insiders to protect their bankster interests.
http://www.politico.ie/irish-politics/8066-goldman-sachs-europe-technocrats.html
Terence.drew
Member
 
Posts: 248
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby LightCone on April 22nd, 2012, 5:03 am

nonhocapito wrote:We are told that this individual is worthed $35 billions, so he certainly should not exist.


If he had already been co-opted, why would it matter if he has that kind of fortune? Or are you inferring we should hear more about his fortune/lifestyle if he does?

If he is fake (which I'm not ruling out), it would seem he's the memetic representation of a "co-opted computer nerd." His persona is very timid and uncomfortable.
LightCone
Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: July 13th, 2011, 7:07 am

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby burlington on May 15th, 2012, 11:25 pm

A few weeks ago I had an experience on facebook that really shocked me and pissed me off. I was uploading a funny photo to my page, and as I opened the "browse" box to choose the photo, I was stunned to see a folder that I had deleted from my computer about 10 minutes prior. I kept going back and forth between my windows explorer, and re-opening the facebook browse box, to confirm that yes, I definitely removed that folder and cleared the recycle bin as well. The folder did not exist anywhere in my computer, and yet there it was, when I opened the browse box on facebook, with all the photos in it as well.

Until then, I believed that my computer was browsing its own files and facebook was only getting the photos I selected, but in that moment I realized that I had not been browsing my own files, I had been browsing facebook's STORED COPY of my entire photos library, including hundreds of photos I never intended to share with them. For all I know they may have copied everything in my documents as well, including legal, financial, letters and journals.

What happened next was worse. The folder did not disappear, but became empty. I realized that facebook's computer had been searching my computer while the browse box was open, even though I didn't actually select anything. It noted the folder had been deleted. If I had added new folders, it would have had a complete copy of everything in them, even if I never uploaded any photos from the new folders.

I moved everything I considered confidential to folders outside of my libraries and stopped uploading anything to facebook. It is like shutting the barn door after the horse escaped.

Later I made a new folder in the libraries to test facebook. When I deleted it, it disappeared immediately. Is this because I posted notes to facebook and my blogs, telling everyone I knew about the incident? Or had I been subjected to special treatment when my computer was snooped, because I had begun visiting websites about 9/11?
burlington
Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: May 12th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby nonhocapito on May 16th, 2012, 6:42 am

burlington wrote:A few weeks ago I had an experience on facebook that really shocked me and pissed me off. I was uploading a funny photo to my page, and as I opened the "browse" box to choose the photo, I was stunned to see a folder that I had deleted from my computer about 10 minutes prior. I kept going back and forth between my windows explorer, and re-opening the facebook browse box, to confirm that yes, I definitely removed that folder and cleared the recycle bin as well. The folder did not exist anywhere in my computer, and yet there it was, when I opened the browse box on facebook, with all the photos in it as well.

Until then, I believed that my computer was browsing its own files and facebook was only getting the photos I selected, but in that moment I realized that I had not been browsing my own files, I had been browsing facebook's STORED COPY of my entire photos library, including hundreds of photos I never intended to share with them. For all I know they may have copied everything in my documents as well, including legal, financial, letters and journals.

What happened next was worse. The folder did not disappear, but became empty. I realized that facebook's computer had been searching my computer while the browse box was open, even though I didn't actually select anything. It noted the folder had been deleted. If I had added new folders, it would have had a complete copy of everything in them, even if I never uploaded any photos from the new folders.

I moved everything I considered confidential to folders outside of my libraries and stopped uploading anything to facebook. It is like shutting the barn door after the horse escaped.

Later I made a new folder in the libraries to test facebook. When I deleted it, it disappeared immediately. Is this because I posted notes to facebook and my blogs, telling everyone I knew about the incident? Or had I been subjected to special treatment when my computer was snooped, because I had begun visiting websites about 9/11?


I don't have facebook, but it sounds like you have some software installed on your computer to which facebook connects with. A website cannot "browse" your computer or collect information from it, unless there is a piece of software installed on your computer (such as Picasa, for instance) that does that for it.

Anyway, I don't understand why people complain about how facebook works. Stop using the damn thing. You don't need it. Nobody does. It doesn't do anything that could not be done in a zillion of other ways that would give you much more control.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Facebook - This is your life!(Even if you are a non-memb

Postby ukrberserker on May 30th, 2012, 7:59 am

:unsure: I deactivated my Facebook account after I found out about the privacy issues. Funny thing is, you can reactivate your account at any time. Whatever you do on Facebook, stays on Facebook forever. There is no way to permanently delete your account. I only used it to stay in touch with relatives back in the States who don't write. Zuckerberg also was invited to the Bilderberg meeting last year, then he went public with his company, and started selling stock. I doubt if that was coincidence. :unsure:
ukrberserker
Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 6:08 am

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Postby MrSinclair on January 2nd, 2013, 4:55 am

[I moved the following two posts here from the Chatbox. In the process I also changed the title to this thread into a more general and descriptive one. Although my favorite would have been:
"Facebook, Twitter & co.: Make-up, cover-up and purpose of the new artificial media" -- but it was too long.
~ nonhocapito]



I'm trying to make sense of this photo but can't. MZ looks pasted in and I can't quite account for all those legs...

Image

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1229858
MrSinclair
Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: December 23rd, 2011, 2:29 am

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Postby nonhocapito on January 2nd, 2013, 8:53 am

MrSinclair wrote:I'm trying to make sense of this photo but can't. MZ looks pasted in and I can't quite account for all those legs...

Image

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1229858


At this page there are a lot more pictures: http://retro.f2bbs.com/bbs/show_topic/776318
They might be legit, or not.
The following comments are somewhat amusing. But I certainly have to agree along the lines of this one:

I don't believe he's the real head of that company at all. He's just a convenient figurehead to give people this impression that anyone can start up a megabillion dollar corporation without even trying. It's the American dream. It's bullshit. Facebook is a front for NSA money and group mind research.


To which I might add, it is also a good repository for millions of fake, generated identities ready to be used for a number of purposes, including psyops and fake media events.

"Sugar Mountain" Zuckerberg is not the only figurehead in the new media of course. We have documented "Elon Musk", founder of PayPal figurehead of NASA's front company SpaceX. Another one is certainly "Jack Dorsey", "founder of Twitter":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Dorsey

Here he is with "Obama":
Image
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Dorsey

Image
From http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... -town-hall

The celebration of Short Text with Twitter is not about short attention spans as much as it is about fragmenting the discourse and making it even more elementary than it already is. Elementary questions and elementary statements leave a lot of room vacant for the pigs in charge to move about. The people are supposed to be satisfied because their voices are "heard".
Deep down, nobody on this planet really believe all this bullshit. We just play along because... I don't know why. Maybe we like to be polite.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Facebook, Twitter and the artificial new media

Postby hoi.polloi on January 2nd, 2013, 2:20 pm

Image

Is that even something a thumb can do without breaking? And why so tense - just to make that shadow-puppet of an airplane cockpit on his leg? Is that really how this model's knee bends? I like the subtle touch of having a loose device on the left that looks like a camera - legitimizing both this scene and a subliminal (unintentional?) reference to 9/11.

I have alleged before and I will allege again - Zucker is not only a figurehead, he's stage managed and photoshopped and possibly a total fabrication. Like Zeitgeist's Peter Joseph. Like Loose Change's Dylan Avery.

Like Twitter's alleged creator, re: above.

nonhocapito pointed out that perhaps we don't believe all of this deep down, that we must all on some level account for the distance of our senses from the actual evidence. Maybe. Perhaps the perps know that there is a kind of arrogance attached to our awareness of this, or an instinct of some kind, which subconsciously reassures us that even though it is far away and very much simulated rather than real, that we can overcome the trick and outsmart them. It is the arrogant idea that we cannot be fooled.

I think it shows our character that we constantly admit to being fooled on a daily basis, and we are gradually "waking up" from a very stubborn perception of how things are not.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5047
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: Facebook, Twitter and the artificial new media

Postby nonhocapito on January 2nd, 2013, 4:02 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:nonhocapito pointed out that perhaps we don't believe all of this deep down, that we must all on some level account for the distance of our senses from the actual evidence. Maybe. Perhaps the perps know that there is a kind of arrogance attached to our awareness of this, or an instinct of some kind, which subconsciously reassures us that even though it is far away and very much simulated rather than real, that we can overcome the trick and outsmart them. It is the arrogant idea that we cannot be fooled.


That's not what I meant. The idea that "nobody on this planet believes this bullshit" was not referred to fakery, but to the relevance and spontaneity of the so called new media and the whole technology that comes with it. We use it, we share it, we flock around it, but deep down we know that it isn't useful, it isn't sane, it isn't good for us.
I think it was clear in the context, if one doesn't skip from one underlined sentence to the next... :P

As to the picture of Sugar Mountain: I too in the past suggested he might have been a completely faked individual, and sometimes it really seems so. I am still not entirely sure and I think we need more evidence. In any case, as I said there are more pictures from the above event ("the absurdly bourgeois holidays of a multi billionaire"). Here's one:

Image
From http://retro.f2bbs.com/bbs/show_topic/776318

Don't you feel that Sugar Mountain's face is sort of "coming forward" and out of his head? Gives me a little perceptive headache.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Facebook, Twitter and the artificial new media

Postby hoi.polloi on January 2nd, 2013, 4:34 pm

Deep down, nobody on this planet really believe all this bullshit.


No, I read your text. I just think you left it pretty open for being singled out when you underlined the statement as if it were meant to be taken especially or separately. But hell, it really means the same thing. "This" bullshit (the Twitter) or that bullshit (the general course of media fakery) is part of the same phenomenon, in my opinion; perhaps you disagree.

And yes, his face does seem to unnaturally "pop" out of the picture there. What a "quirky" head he has got there - does the hair look a bit too flat as well?
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5047
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 8:24 pm

Re: Facebook, Twitter and the artificial new media

Postby brianv on January 2nd, 2013, 5:11 pm

Image

This is a pretty bad case of mapping one face on to another...Very Breivik.
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: October 18th, 2009, 11:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Worldwide media deceptions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests