The role of celebrities in hiding media deception

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
brianv

Re: The role of celebrities in hiding media deception

Unread post by brianv »

simonshack wrote:
RoyBean wrote:
Simon... after having read the Laurel Canyon series I'm curious what your opinion is today of Zappa. If I'm not mistaken you were a pretty big admirer of his, as I was. (Always loved your "I'm The Slime" remix :))
Oooh pleeze - don't remind me of that...*sob* - it's one of those rare things I prefer to keep locked in my mind's backdrawer - and believe me, there's not much stuff I store in there ! ^_^
Image ;)
lux

Unread post by lux »

I liked Zappa a little back in the 1960s until I saw him in concert where he treated his audience like shit. I was completely turned off from that point on.

Since then I saw an interview of his daughter on a talk show where she said Frank locked his kids in closets or chained them to their beds to discipline them.
upstream

Unread post by upstream »

It's too bad about Zappa being a gatekeeping dick given that he made one of my favourite albums of all time...

It won't ruin my experience listening, but it hurts knowing that he (and other great musicians) are probably not one of the "good guys".
grav

Unread post by grav »

I feel the same way about Tool. I love their music, but considering their success, it seems fairly likely to me that Maynard (being former military), was propped up as some sort of Laurel-Canyon type operation, at least at first. Also that he pushed Bill Hicks so much. That band brought a lot of occult subjects into the mainstream.

They were touring during 9/11. If I recall, at one show when the crowd was chanting "USA, USA", Maynard responded: "You're going to be really upset when you find out the US did it." He would also say things like "We can respond with fear or compassion." I wonder how much they really knew about it.

But as someone pointed out earlier, the potential these artists have for getting a message across is significant.

If Maynard had begun saying "9/11 was a Media Psyop" he would have had millions and millions of people hanging on his every word. And a typical Tool fan would not care about any media-slandering attempt as a result. Is it really left to chance that these artists wouldn't say something?
lux

Unread post by lux »

I've had to toss countless artistic heroes over the last 5 years or so as I woke up to what was going on. It seemed hard at first but it got easier and easier and has actually been quite a liberating experience. :)

It's also quite possible that the people we thought created the art, didn't create it at all. Or, at least they had a lot of unseen help from others.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

The 'Laurel Canyon' series is a fascinating mine of information and certainly raises a lot of questions. For instance, it would help an analysis of the full picture (in the 'DIKW hierarchy' framework) to also know what percentage of the US population born during WWII did not have a father &/or family member in the military.

There have always been those with any power (cultural/religious, commercial, government) who try to control anyone and anything that might influence public perceptions in any way.

Here's an interesting list of bands and songs that radio &/or TV stations tried to ban or censor, from 1954 to 2011: http://www.classicbands.com/banned.html
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

grav wrote:I feel the same way about Tool. I love their music, but considering their success, it seems fairly likely to me that Maynard (being former military), was propped up as some sort of Laurel-Canyon type operation, at least at first. Also that he pushed Bill Hicks so much. That band brought a lot of occult subjects into the mainstream.

They were touring during 9/11. If I recall, at one show when the crowd was chanting "USA, USA", Maynard responded: "You're going to be really upset when you find out the US did it." He would also say things like "We can respond with fear or compassion." I wonder how much they really knew about it.

But as someone pointed out earlier, the potential these artists have for getting a message across is significant.

If Maynard had begun saying "9/11 was a Media Psyop" he would have had millions and millions of people hanging on his every word. And a typical Tool fan would not care about any media-slandering attempt as a result. Is it really left to chance that these artists wouldn't say something?
found this... Tool's Maynard on 9/11

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 567242/pg1
grav

Unread post by grav »

daozen wrote:
found this... Tool's Maynard on 9/11

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 567242/pg1
Heh, I'm banned from even viewing godlikeproductions. (They don't like it when you spoil their party by suggesting their "doom" is a media hoax)
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

"I can't say anything right now," he told one reporter."No matter what you say, it's construed by someone as an anti-American statement-even when its the same things you've said all along [in Tool], which is: 'Think for yourself and question authority'...The more we'll talk about this, the more I'll shoot my mouth off and end up in [trouble]. Every now and then, you get people who tend to forget what this country is about, which is a melting pot of races and cultures and freedom of speech. And as soon as you open your mouth and speak freely, [criticism] gets thrown at you...I just don't think that murder is an option to figure out a way to punish the guilty...I was in the army for three years. I received an appointment to West Point; I'm probably the only musician in my peer group who can say that. So, 'anti-American' is not a label you can put on me"

"The people who have been touched most are the families of the victims. But I'm not sure about the guys in Iowa, Montana or Arizona who get their information filtered through CNN. Because to them, information is coming in...thick with propaganda...all these media guys have hard-ons because of this war. They can sell more papers, magazines, keep us glued to the TV longer."

"Artists everywhere are up against a brick wall when it comes to speaking their minds . After the world trade center disaster, I made a point to encourage everyone at our shows to investigate on their own. Ask questions. Don't rely on the media (especially Fox News) to fill in the blanks for you. For this simple position, the position of a free thinker and a responsible citizen, I was silenced. Radio stations throughout the Midwest labelled me anti-American, which I find amusing. The censorship continued. Almost every interview I've done in the last four years was censored...all the newspapers and press wanted was gossip and road stories. Even pre-taped interviews were hacked to pieces."

"First of all," said Keenan, "our disdain for this particular administration should come as no surprise for anyone who has been listening to me for the last 14 years. We were very vocal about George Bush Sr. back when he was buying and selling bombs and oil. Anyone who bothered to listen to Bill Hicks CDs would know this. I've been very clear about this, and have been since before most of you could reach the keyboard to type your complaints...The fear and absurdity I've witnessed across this country post-9/11 breaks my heart."

More seriously, he felt that Bush's government was stripping America of its rights."We're getting into politics and I don't want to go down that path, but with the Patriot Act being shoved through...The whole way we set up our government to begin with, was so that if things went weird we could pull the plug on those guys and set up a new system. Right now, if you wanted to do that, you couldn't."

"This so-called new world order has been very effective in undermining the creative process, to the point where it is run by actors and businessmen with marketing plans. It is no longer about music. I mean, when is the last time you had three CDs come across your desk in a month that really impressed you?...I know very creative people who are considering putting their process on the back burner so that they can make money with some horrible, horrible band, one with no artistic integrity. What they don't realise is that as soon as they do that, the band will use their name to undermine anything credible they could possibly do in the future. They are so completely selling out their credibility for the money. It happens at so many levels here that people pretty much accept it as the process, and it has completely undermined everything."

"I think we are here to create a new world order," he declared."George W. Bush is an extremely evil person, and what he is doing is going to bring us down. He is going to make it very difficult for me to travel around because I am an American, and people will look at me in exactly the same way they used to look at the Germans when they were travelling in the Fifties, right after World War II. We are living in McCarthyism, the Third Reich, and people don't realise it. Look at the events of September 11. The person who profited from that was the president of the united states-the same man who was not elected by the people but instead by a fault in the electoral system. His public opinion was at an all-time low, so he benefited from it. His family's oil, war and weapons interests all benefited. And everyone was so scared they willingly gave up their civil rights, so that if anyone discovers how evil this guy is, they can't do anything about it. It really amazes me that the American people are just blindly letting this go on. They are not even considering the possibility that their government could be lying to them. It is absolutely nauseating"
Sounds like Tool is cool. At least they present a healthy attitude about it.
lux

Unread post by lux »

A photo is posted on Jon Bon Jovi's FB page to dispel rumours that he is dead:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... e=1&ref=nf

But Error Level Analysis (ELA) of the photo shows that the portion of the photo with JBJ is likely from another source and that the words written on the sign he holds are likely altered too.

For more info on how ELA works see this site:
http://errorlevelanalysis.com/

Also, looking closer at JBJ's outline shows a sloppy cut and paste job:

Curiouser and curiouser.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Yeah, very odd — if you really wanted to dispel a 'death' rumor, why would you use a manipulated photo that doesn't even have any Exif data? [Photo attributed to http://www.davidbergman.net/]
Maybe it's as simple as the old "no such thing as bad publicity". e.g. Wanna get a boost in record sales? Start a 'death rumor' :rolleyes:

Good grief, as if there isn't enough officially faked "news", we have to contend with faked "fun" news too! <_<

http://www.webpronews.com/is-jon-bon-jo ... ge-2011-12
The Bon Jovi lead singer is the latest victim of a Twitter death rumor, the type of inaccurate viral news that has fake-claimed-the-lives of people like Justin Bieber, Morgan Freeman, Jackie Chan and many more.

This particular rumor was spread on the site with the help of a link to a pretty horrible looking press release on a wordpress blog called dailynewbloginternational. The release claimed that Bon Jovi had died at the age of 49 after “paramedics found him in a coma at his Empress hotel.”

Just above the headline is a link to “Megan Fox is the 14th Hottest Woman of All Time: HIV POSITIVE,” so, yeah.

This is not the only fake celeb news source for those looking to start a Twitter rumor. For years, folks have been able to turn to the “Global Associated News” and their “Fake a Wish” service, a celebrity fake news hoax generator. The fake news stories always look like this, and come with a (very small) disclaimer at the bottom of the page describing the site as FAKE.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

All you music/guitar fans are undoubtedly familiar with the sound of a voicebox, but may never have seen closeups of it in use. Lots of closeups here of Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi with the tube in his mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvTOdqqVD4
lux

Unread post by lux »

June 6th 2012 - Nicole Kidman takes a strong stand against violence in this message to the UN General Assembly:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po6NHRvs2p8

Here's a summary of some of the recent films of Nicole Kidman (the UN Womens Goodwill Ambassador) with notes concerning their violence content. All data is taken verbatim from imdb.com movie listings and their associated parents guides:

Trespass (2011):
Violence & Gore
A man is tackled by a cop. Guns are pointed at the main characters throughout the movie. A woman has a knife held to her throat. A man is hit in the head with a shotgun. A woman threatens a man with a syringe. A man breaks another man's hand. A man threatens to cut out a man's kidney. A girl pushes another girl into a mirror. A man beats up another man. A man stabs another man with a syringe. A man shoots another man in the leg. A man chokes another man but stops when he is shot. While driving in a car, a woman purposely gets into a accident to kill a intruder. A man shoots another man. A man shoots another man with a nail gun. A man shoots another man in the neck with a gun. A man burns to death. A man shoots a cop in the head

The Interpreter (2005)
Violence & Gore
Several scenes of a violent nature, including a man being strangled.
Children involved in war/shooting.
Themes of assassination and threat throughout.
Frightening/Intense Scenes
Two men are killed by children wielding machine guns.
Silvia sees a man standing at her window while wearing a mask.
A city bus blows up, killing numerous people.
Various scenes with people pointing guns at one another.

Cold Moutain (2003):
Violence & Gore
There are some strong violent scenes, these include torture, war, rape, dead men An opening scene of war shows men being blown to bloody pieces. People are shot by rilfes with a large blood cloud shown dispersing, people are slashed with knives, which results in spurting blood. People are blown up by cannons. Whenever someone is shot blood is gorily shown.
A mans neck is shown with a large wound in it, blood graphically seeps from it.
There are scenes of his neck bleeding which could disturb some squimish viewers.
There are some bloody gunfights.
A scene in which rape is suggested, but not seen.
A woman is tortured. She has her fingers placed in the bars of a fence which are then dropped and this crackas and tears her fingers to bloody stumps, violent and bloody.
Ray Winstones character kills deserters. He shoots several men brutally in the woods, blood is seen.
A man shoots at another man who falls off his horse bleeding profusely.
The remaining men have a bloody shootout untill two remain. One shoots the other, a bloody wound is shown.
A man finds he's been mortally wounded, blood seeps through his shirt and he falls into the snow turning it red as more blood disperses.

Dogville (2003)
Whilst none of the violence in this scene is very graphic and contains no blood, it is very brutal and disturbing.
Several rape scenes, scenes of emotional/psychological abuse and raw violence make this an intense film altogether.

The Hours (2002)
Frightening/Intense Scenes
Could be depressing to most as it is a powerful and thought provoking film
The entire movie is very depressing, as it deals with issues of mental illness, depression, alienation, and death.
A consistent theme throughout the movie is suicide. One main character almost goes through with it. Some viewers might be bothered by the fact that she is pregnant and almost kills herself. Two main characters take their own lives.

Panic Room (2002):
Violence & Gore
A man is shot in the head with considerable blood spray and blood is shown pouring out of a large graphic bullet hole.
A man is shot through the head, the bullet comes out his eye with a lot of blood spray.
A character is badly burned. His arm is shown on fire as he tries to extinguish the flame. His face is badly burned. These injuries, of course, remain in view until he leaves the story.
A character's hand is mangled by being slammed in a door, blood is shown and he screams, and 2 off his fingers are later seen on the ground.
There is an extended sequence in which a character is beaten and kicked until he is a bloody mess with a broken arm.
A character is hit with a sledgehammer in the face and falls over a railing.
There are numerous threats of violence (apart from those actually carried out) against a man, woman, and child as well as against the invaders.

... to name a few ...

Yes, Nicole is obviously very concerned about violence and we are so glad that she has done so much to prevent it. :puke:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

lux wrote: :puke:
Yes, I was on a flight from Nth Africa a few years back, it had about 100 TV screens, on which they decided to show the latest Cinema "blockbuster" "containing" Nicole Krudman, some bloody musical. There was no escape from it, In my despair I almost hijacked the plane with a hash-pipe and tweezers to fly it into the nearest skyscraper. My bird gave me a slap!

On the night of Jim Corr's appearance on Ireland's "Late Late Show" with his 9/11 "conspiracies", there also was a young lady named Jean Butler who was interviewed just before he was due to come on. Jean Butler was the lead dancer in the Riverdance dancing clown troupe, who while being interviewed announced that her father was a New York fireman and saw service on "9/11". Thats the sort of scum RTE are!

Giggle Jean Butler father fireman 9/11

I find one thread on an Irish Cop sponsored website discussing the events on the show http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 34&page=52

and another website states "Jean's father, Michael, is a firefighter)." http://www.angelfire.com/ga/sounds/jean/jeanmain.html