Costa Concordia incident, Friday 13 Jan 2012

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
Heiwa
Banned

Re: Costa Concordia

Unread post by Heiwa »

simonshack wrote:I have a question for Heiwa - our experienced naval engineer on board :

So my question would be: Is it plausible that the ship somehow drifted sideways and away from the shore as it sank?
I ask that question and others on my popular web page http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news8.htm .

First, why is the floating, stable ship M/S Costa Concordia heeling to starboard on the photos or why is the ship M/S Costa Concordia heeling at all? OK, the M/S Costa Concordia is trimming on the stern (more on later photos) because the damage/flooded compartments were aft, but there is no reason why the M/S Costa Concordia should heel! Why doesn't the upright M/S Costa Concordia sink uprigth on stern and come to rest on the sea floor ... and remain upright with slight port list? The sea floor is sloping in the other direction (port) so if the ship sinks on the port sloping bottom it would heel to port ... but still remain on the bottom. And be easy to re-float, etc.

Everything is very misty! Ship flying by by night of small island (all people on island sleeping) and ripping open port bilge. Strange. Very strange! Ship's voyage data recorder that is supposed to record everything aboard was then not working since long! Ship owner then immediately accusing the Master of incompetence, etc, etc.

I look forward to the Italian incident investigation and its report.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Thanks for your prompt reply, Heiwa my friend :)

Now, here's a videogame released in November 2011, featuring a shipwrecked luxury cruise liner, listing 90° in a night storm... :rolleyes: (thanks to my YT friend "Synthstrumental" for the tip)

At 4:30 onwards :

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q94mvYjoV0Q

A timely release indeed: less than 2 months prior to the Concordia incident. <_<
simonshack
Administrator

THE STRANDED BENCH

This is getting sillier by the day. I won't even bother to comment on this bench prop - or whatever role it's been cast in.
(Just notice its magic hinges - coming and going depending on the ...uh... viewing angles? ) :P :lol: :rolleyes:

(all images from various media sources - none of them are mine!)
Makkonen

Unread post by Makkonen »

Getting very movie-/Hollywood-esque...
simonshack
Administrator

Makkonen wrote:Getting very movie-/Hollywood-esque...
Indeed, Makk, indeed...

How about this umpteenth, TITANICALLY silly "coincidence" ?

Meet "Amelia Leon" - a 22-year-old singer on board the Concordia ... niece of a TITANIC musician who perished in the TITANIC...

ImageImage
http://www.birminghampost.net/news/west ... -30144774/
Costa Concordia sinking: Birmingham survivor's ancestor was violinist on the Titanic

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birm ... -30134344/
simonshack
Administrator

More "titanic news"...from India. And Mr. Temudo's survivor tale is appropriately, "titanically" bizarre!
A Costa Concordia survivor tells a 'Titanic' tale

"For me it was worse than the Titanic. There were children crying in front of me... children dying and I couldn't do anything to save them," he laments.(...) History tends to repeat and a century after the sinking of the Titanic, it was the Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia that ran aground at Isola del Giglio in Tuscany, Italy, last week. Onboard were 4,229 people, including 1,023 crew.
(...)
Temudo says he saw 5-6 casualties including a 2-year-old Italian girl and an Indonesian who managed to reach shore but died due to the bitter cold. :wacko: :huh: :blink:

(excerpts from this TIMES OF INDIA article http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... -ship-crew )
Anthony Joseph TEMUDO - alleged survivor of the Costa Concordia with family.
http://www.heraldgoa.in/News/Main%20Pic ... 56083.html
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

simonshack wrote:*

More "titanic news"...from India. And Mr. Temudo's survivor tale is appropriately, "titanically" bizarre!
A Costa Concordia survivor tells a 'Titanic' tale

"For me it was worse than the Titanic. There were children crying in front of me... children dying and I couldn't do anything to save them," he laments.(...) History tends to repeat and a century after the sinking of the Titanic, it was the Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia that ran aground at Isola del Giglio in Tuscany, Italy, last week. Onboard were 4,229 people, including 1,023 crew.
(...)
Temudo says he saw 5-6 casualties including a 2-year-old Italian girl and an Indonesian who managed to reach shore but died due to the bitter cold. :wacko: :huh: :blink:

(excerpts from this TIMES OF INDIA article http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... -ship-crew )
Anthony Joseph TEMUDO - alleged survivor of the Costa Concordia with family.
http://www.heraldgoa.in/News/Main%20Pic ... 56083.html

Thanks Simon.

Modern... what? his shirt...anybody make it out? 33 again... Maso number.

carnival cruises ... 33 costa concordia ..... 33
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Hands on Shoulders Hugging Sims

Mrs Simgh outfitted by B&W Sim Clothing Co. Not wearing a Sari? Sari I don't buy it!

Heavy blur tool on the 33 T-Shirt! Apart from the large looking "G", can anyone make out what it reads?

icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

'Euro/Ecu Symbol
MODERN
AVENUE
33'
(the 33 is a 3-d stereoscopic wtf...it juts outward like an implausible Jessica Rabbit bump...why?)
simonshack
Administrator

Ok folks, here we go: <_<

Costa Concordia, 11.OOO euro reimbursement per passenger

http://www.tio.ch/Estero/News/666728/Co ... passeggero

In English (The Telegraph):
"Costa offers 11,000 euros compensation for Concordia passengers"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ngers.html

********************************************************************************************************************************************

We now also have a name/photo credit for the alleged author of the all-important night pictures - featuring the "evacuation of the passengers in lifeboats": "GIUSEPPE MODESTI, Associated Press". I guess he must have rushed to Giglio island in a helicopter that night - or perhaps he JUST HAPPENED to be vacationing there in January! :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh no, wait: Giuseppe Modesti is apparently a native photographer of Giglio Island :
http://www.isoladelgiglio.com/en/fotogr ... desti.html
Next time I travel to the Giglio I'll make sure to pay him a visit - for a friendly chat.
burningame

Unread post by burningame »

my head hurts again
pdgalles

Unread post by pdgalles »

Burningame wrote:my head hurts again
You should take a cruise to relax...

I'm sure readers of Vigilant Citizen would notice the one-eyed significance in the logo of the news site that Modesti works for but lets not discuss that sort of thing here. :rolleyes:

Old-style:

Edit: fixed tags
Last edited by pdgalles on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

icarusinbound wrote:'Euro/Ecu Symbol
MODERN
AVENUE
33'
(the 33 is a 3-d stereoscopic wtf...it juts outward like an implausible Jessica Rabbit bump...why?)
NIce one Icarus well spotted ^_^

I don't want to get too decipherable about this and give anyone more credit than they are due, but we do know that numbers and symbols are flashed up all the time which reference fake events.. so in that spirit here maybe there are a couple of things in this picture worth noting..

We have 'modern', 'avenue', '33', and a symbol which looks like a euro symbol, the number '6' or the letter 'G'

modern has 6 digits
avenue has 6 digits
+ number '6'
(+number 33)

modern has 6 digits
avenue has 6 digits
3+3 = 6
(+ the letter 'G' or euro symbol)

Top Anagram for ' modern avenue' is 'Men endeavour' or 'Endeavour men'. The word 'Endeavour' seems to have a special resonance and romance about it for many of the fakers.

G is noted masonic symbol as is the number 33..

http://www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com/letter-g.html

There is a two word anagram for 'Costa Concordia' which brought a smile to my face also)

'Ciao Concordats' - Goodbye/Hello Concordats. Funny it's in Italian language too.
(The word CIAO derives from the Venetian phrase sciào vostro (in Italian schiavo vostro) or s-ciào su literally meaning "I am your slave" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciao)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/concordats

Quote:

"con·cor·dat (kn-kôrdt)
n.
1. A formal agreement; a compact.
2. Roman Catholic Church An agreement between the pope and a government for the regulation of church affairs."

This is from this site....http://www.concordatwatch.eu/

1. Once in place, concordats are removed from democratic control forever

Laws can be changed by parliaments, but concordats can’t. That's because they’re supposed to be international treaties, that is, agreements between a real country and the Holy See (the Vatican).

Even in democracies there is only a brief period, when the legislature has any say over a concordat. That is the time between when the treaty text is revealed and when the ratification vote takes place. This can sometimes be only a matter of days, which does not allow proper legal scrutiny of a very complicated document. A number of other legislative tricks may be used to help get the concordat through: sixteen of these are revealed here. Once the concordat is ratified it is set in stone. That's because treaties cannot be changed unilaterally. Any alteration requires the consent of the Vatican.

And in a dictorship it's still worse. The concordat may be rubber-stamped by the military junta or even go through with no ratification at all, for the signature of the dictator or his foreign minister is enough. Yet when the dictator is toppled, his concordat remains. Read more

2. Concordats can ensure a never-ending transfer of state funds to the Church

Sometimes the money transfer is justified as compensation for church property nationalised as long as 200 years ago. Concordats can lock in inflation-adjusted payments that cannot be ended unless the Vatican agrees.

Concordats often shift funds to the church by requiring that Catholic schools, hospitals and other agencies must be paid for by the state. This gives the Church the say over what is taught and what services are offered, without having to pay the tab. A concordat can also help Church agencies get tax exemptions, even for Church-run commercial enterprises. And, despite all the state money flowing in, a concordat can ensure that the finances of the Church are kept secret. Read more

3. Concordats can infringe on human rights

By giving advantages to one religious group, concordats can violate the requirement that all citizens and all religions be treated equally. Occasionally concordats have outlawed divorce, even for non-Catholics. Concordats can also anchor other parts of Canon (or church) Law by stipulating that this is to be used within Church institutions. However, since these also include social agencies, many non-clerics and even non-Catholics may find themselves legally obliged to obey Church rules.

Might have too much time on my hands today lol...
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

The poor ship wrecked passengers stranded on Giglio island will be compensated as follows:
Quote:
The families of the deceased and guests who were injured and required medical treatment on site will be covered under a separate proposal that will take into account their individual circumstances.
The compensation package for Costa Concordia guests who have returned home includes:
• A lump sum of 11,000 euros (US$14,458.07 at today’s exchange rate) per person as indemnification, covering all patrimonial and nonpatrimonial damages, including loss of baggage and personal effects, psychological distress and loss of enjoyment of the cruise vacation;
• Reimbursement of the value of the cruise, including harbor taxes;
• Reimbursement of air and bus transfers included in the cruise package;
• Full reimbursement of travel expenses to reach the port of embarkation and return home;
• Reimbursement of any medical expenses resulting from the cruise;
• Reimbursement of expenses incurred on board during the cruise.

This compensation package is higher than the current indemnification limits provided for in international conventions and laws currently in force. The 11,000 euro lump-sum payment is offered to all Costa Concordia passengers, including nonpaying children, regardless of their age.
Costa also has pledged not to deduct from this sum any amount paid by any insurance policy stipulated by guests. In addition, the company will return all goods stored in cabin safes, where retrieval is possible.
Costa Crociere also has pledged to provide a program for psychological assistance :P to any guests that request it. The company has further agreed to offer customers the ability to cancel any upcoming cruise booked before Jan. 13, on any of its routes, without penalty through Feb. 7, 2012.
Dedicated operation units will handle claims to ensure timely resolution. Payments will be credited by the company within seven days of receipt of the acceptance of the proposal. Guests should e-mail [email protected] or call 954-266-5693 for assistance.
Un-quote
Probably in reality it is the third party insurance groups of Costa that pay the above ... to keep everybody happy. :rolleyes:
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

pdgalles wrote:
Burningame wrote:my head hurts again
You should take a cruise to relax...
Awesome. How droll of you.