ARE MILITARY CASUALTIES SIMULATED?

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Ladies and gents,

We have seen how the alleged 9/11 victims were fictitious/simulated entities made up out of thin air - and entirely crafted in the digital domain with facial morphing softwares (today readily available to consumers) such as this. This discovery has led me to ask myself: so what about the US military casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan - and other war zones? Could they possibly also be - at least partly - simulated ? This will of course sound like an extreme, "unthinkable" supposition. Well, I have finally brought myself (to be sure, this takes some serious courage!) to take a deeper look into this issue - and have recently found a great resource to work with:

"HONOR THE FALLEN" http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/

Why in the world, you may ask, would Western war casualty figures be fudged /or inflated? Wouldn't that cause more outrage among the public - and generate even stronger opposition to these wars? No, that's not how it works, in my opinion. War propaganda is counter-intuitive, and the crucial notion that "our boys are fighting and dying for our freedoms and to protect our way of life" has to be upheld. To make these wars seem inevitable and necessary in most people's minds, it is essential that they perceive the peril of a dangerous and murderous enemy. The sacrifice - or perceived sacrifice - of our young soldiers, keeps our animal instincts for 'vendetta' at high pitch. Wars without ("Western") deaths would quickly fizzle out and make the public realize the truth: that these wars are nothing but rogue occupations of sovereign nations - for the benefit of our "Western way of life".

So, without further ado, I will hereby post a series of portraits of purported war casualties which can be found on that site. All I've done is to select groups of reported victims from given days - and lined them up for analysis. I'll ask everyone to take a good look at them and draw their own conclusions - if any. I don't think much further commentary on my part is necessary, other than: switch on your critical mind and keep it OPEN.

JANUARY 19, 2012 (the 3 victims of that day, reportedly killed in a helicopter crash)

ImageImageImage
1: Marine Cpl. Kevin J. Reinhard - died Jan. 19 in Helmand province, Afghanistan, when the CH-53D helicopter he was riding in crashed.
2: Marine Cpl. Jesse W. Stites - died Jan 19 2012 in Helmand province, Afghanistan, when the CH-53D helicopter he was riding in crashed.
3: Marine Cpl. Joseph D. Logan - died Jan 19 2012 in Helmand province, Afghanistan, when the CH-53D helicopter he was riding in crashed.

APRIL 4,2012 (the 3 victims of that day, reportedly killed by an IED - "Improvised Explosive Device")

ImageImageImage
1: Army Capt. Nicholas J. Rozanski - died April 4 2012, in Maymaneh, Afghanistan, of wounds caused by a suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device.
2: Army Master Sgt. Jeffrey J. Rieck - died April 4 2012, in Maymaneh, Afghanistan, of wounds caused by a suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device.
3: Army Master Sgt. Shawn T. Hannon - died April 4 2012, in Maymaneh, Afghanistan, of wounds caused by a suicide vehicle-borne improvised explosive device.

AUGUST 11, 2011 (the 5 victims of that day - reportedly killed by an IED (improvised explosive device)

Frank Edward - Jameel Freeman - Patrick Lay - Jordan Morris - Rueben Lopez
ImageImageImageImageImage

JULY 19, 2011 (the 2 victims of that day)*******JULY 29, 2011 (the 2 victims of that day) - all four reportedly killed by "improvised explosive devices"

James Christen - Jacob Molina ******************************* Jered Ewy - Augustus Vicari
ImageImage**************ImageImage

JUNE 4, 2011 (the 4 victims of that day - reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device") :

Christopher Bell - Joshua Powell -Devin Snyder - Robert Voakes
ImageImageImageImage

MAY 23, 2011 (the 5 victims of that day, reportedly killed by an IED - "Improvised Explosive Device")

William Blevins - Andrew Krippner - Thomas Allers - Kristofferson B.Lorenzo - Louis Torres

May 22, 2011 (the 2 victims of that day)

Beattie Clifford - Mora Ramon
ImageImage

March 29, 2011 (the 6 victims of that day)

Frank Adamski - Bryan Burgess - Jameson Lindskog - Ofren Arrechaga - Dustin Feldhaus - Jeremy Faulkner
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Then we have what we may call the "BLACK DECEMBER" OF MARINE casualties - in 2010...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1: MARINE Jose L. Maldonado - died Dec 17, 2010 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
2: MARINE Colton W. Rusk - died on Dec 6, 2010 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
3: Tevan L. Nguyen - died Dec. 28,2010 in Helmand province, Afghanistan, while conducting combat operations.
4: MARINE Stacy A. Green - died on Dec 10, 2010 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
5: MARINE Jose A. Hernandez - died Dec 14,2010 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
6: MARINE Jason D. Peto - died on Dec 7, 2010 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
7: MARINE Eric M. Torbert Jr. - died Dec 18,2010 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
8: MARINE Lucas C. Scott - died on Dec 3, 2010 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
9: MARINE Kenneth A. Corzine - died Dec 24,2010 of wounds sustained Dec. 5 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
10: MARINE Sean A. Osterman - died Dec 16,2010 from wounds received Dec. 14 in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Another "BLACK MONTH" for the Marines was August 2009:

Jay M. Hoskins (Aug 6), Patrick Schimmel(Aug 9), Donald Hogan (Aug26), Joshua Bernard (Aug14), William Cahir (Aug13), Bruce Ferrell (Aug10), David Hall (Aug31)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Curiously, the portraits of Ferrell and Hall (who almost look like twin brothers) have both been heavily cropped at the militarytimes-com website.
Here are two uncropped versions of "Bruce Ferrell" and "David Hall" to be found on the web. Note the almost IDENTICAL backdrops:

http://www.northescambia.com/wp-content ... rell10.jpg
https://cache.legacy.net/legacy/images/ ... 1&option=1

September 8, 2009 (the 3 victims of that day - reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device")

Thomas Lyons - Zachary Myers - Shannon Smith
ImageImageImage

December 12, 2010 (the 6 victims of that day - reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device")

Kenneth Necochea - Jorge Villacis - Sean Collins - Patrick Deans - Derek Simonetta - Willie Maclawhorn

November 29, 2010 (the six victims of that day)

Matthew Ramsey - Austin Staggs - Curtis Oakes - Barry Jarvis - Buddy Mclain - Jacob Gassen

September 9, 2011 (the five victims of that day)

Brian Lundy - Bret Isenhower - Christopher Horton - Tony Potter - Brett Wood

May 26, 2011 (the 6 victims of the day - reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device")

Edward Mills - Ergin Osman - Adam Patton - Louie Ramos Velazquez - Thomas Bohall -John Runkle

The very same day, May 26, 2011 - these other 3 were reportedly killed elsewhere:

Christopher Thibodeau - Joseph Hamski - Kristoffer Solesbee
ImageImageImage

On July 14, 2010, these 4 guys were reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device":

Zachary Fisher - Matthew Johnson - Jesee Reed - Stanley Chase
ImageImageImageImage

On July 6, 2010, these 3 guys were reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device":

Michael Pridham - Roger Lee - Marc Arizmendez
ImageImageImage

On June 7, 2010, these 4 guys were reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device":

Blaine Redding - Charles Jirtle - Matthew Catlett - Joshua Lukeala
ImageImageImageImage

On June 20, 2009, these 4 guys were reportedly killed by "an improvised explosive device":

Dennis Pratt - Andrew Roughton - Anthony Lightfoot - Gregory Owens
ImageImageImageImage

On November 9/10, 2007 these 5 guys were reportedly killed "when their patrol was attacked by direct fire from enemy forces" :

Joseph Lancour - Matthew Ferrara - Lester Roque -Jefferey Mersman - Sean Langevin

On Oct 3, 2009, these 7 guys were reportedly killed "when enemy forces attacked their contingency outpost with small arms, rocket-propelled grenade and indirect fires":

Cristopher Griffin - Joshua Hardt - Joshua Kirk - Stephan Mace - Michael Scusa - Kevin Thomson - Vernon Martin
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

So I guess that, whenever those "improvised explosive devices" explode (the most frequently-reported lethal incidents), the Talibans - or other assorted "enemy fighters" - make sure that they always kill groups of US soldiers from the very same regiment / battalion - all of whom just happened to have been neatly portrayed in their specific army division's uniforms by the very same photographer in the very same studio, - and always against the same /or similar backdrop?

Now, is this evidence enough that the US government is faking its own war heroes? Of course, we must assume that soldiers get killed out there - what with the inherent perils associated with invading other nations. The question is: just how many? Are the numbers possibly inflated in order to uphold the public's rage against 'the enemy' - so as to strenghten the support for the US/British/Israeli/NATO/Western world's ongoing landgrab and looting of the natural resources of sovereign countries? You decide. You could, of course, just dismiss this research wholesale as some "crackpot's conspiracy theory", turn the other way - and get on with your daily lives in the land of the brave and the home of the free.

Whatever you do, ladies and gents, please do not shoot the messenger. For what it's worth, please know that I consider myself as an earnest observer of this mad world we live in - and my only wish is to restore some sanity for the benefit of humankind at large. In any event, if this patient endeavor of mine should turn out to have any merit - I'll happily take the credit for relieving the US populace from the perpetual anguish caused by the false notion that their kids are being slaughtered like cattle (on a daily basis) in senseless wars of aggression or, as they prefer to call them, "peace-keeping operations". The American (and worldwide) citizens will then have to deal with the fact that they are all being roundly duped, on a daily basis - but that shouldn't be too hard to swallow. Or would it?

May reason prevail

****************************************FOR THE HISTORICALRECORD****************************************************************
JUST as I was posting this, BOTH Cluesforum and the http://www.militarytimes.com/valor/ website went down - for about 30 minutes! A while later, the MilitaryTimes website went down again - for several hours. A few weeks later, their entire website was revamped and renamed. Here is their new URL: http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/

IMPORTANT UPDATE: What on Earth happened in 2007? If you go to the above-linked website and browse it "by month/year", you will see that the VAST MAJORITY of the alleged war victims of 2007 ... are lacking a portrait / ID photograph of the deceased! Example (April2007): https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/sea ... th=2007-04 .What are we to make of this fact? And why haven't the families who reportedly lost a loved one back in 2007 not complained and "straightened out" this issue by now? If we presume that many have done so (yet this issue has clearly remained unresolved to this day) wouldn't this be HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL to those families? I am thus hereby launching an appeal to all patriotic American citizens to contact that website and ask for due clarification of this utterly bizarre circumstance. If this doesn't raise any suspicion as to the legitimacy of that memorial website, I fear that nothing ever will.

UPDATE (2019): Since I posted the above research back in 2013, the "HONOR THE FALLEN" website has (on two separate occasions over the years) changed the URL's of all the imagelinks to their soldier portraits - which of course caused the images to disappear from this post. This has forced me, on two occasions, to patiently reconstruct it by returning to their website and finding the correct links to these "soldier portraits". Just saying... I've truly been working overtime to keep this post alive!
simonshack
Administrator

Re: ARE AMERICAN WAR CASUALTIES SIMULATED?

More "coincidences":

These two guys - assigned to entirely different regiments - (portrayed with similar uniform and backdrop) reportedly died
on the same day, June 20, 2011 - in two wholly different locations:

Image_________Image
Gustavo A. Rios-Ordonez____Army Sgt. James W. Harvey II

Army Pfc. Gustavo A. Rios-Ordonez
Died June 20, 2011 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom
25, of Englewood, Ohio; assigned to 4th Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.; died June 20 in West Pashmul, Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/arm ... ez/6567813

Army Sgt. James W. Harvey II
Died June 20, 2011 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom
23, of Toms River, N.J.; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Knox, Ky.; died June 20 in Molla Kala, Ghazni province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with small-arms fire. https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/arm ... ii/6567814
fakeologist

Unread post by fakeologist »

Perhaps this helps explain the no photography allowed of any of the returning vets.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=7265545

The 9/11 movie and its vicsims has pretty much nullified anything "official" we are told. One can only wonder what has happened/what is happening over in the war zone now. :wacko:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I assume since their media control of peaceful civilian life is so strict, their control of whatever happens in an officially active war "theater" is even moreso.

Fishy photos in place of real reporting must be the first standard of military obfuscation, no matter what -- if we want to distinguish between what we'll never know and what we'll really, hopelessly, never, ever even approach knowing.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

This thread was really due, Simon, thanks for starting it!
It seems to me very likely that the casualties are simulated or hyped when necessary.

Sure, on one hand the idea that a nation is paying a price in blood is usually seen as something politically damaging, especially since Vietnam. The commonplace wants the military to try and underplay casualties in order to protect the political elite. Thus the infamous "coffin ban" during the Iraq war.

From http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29410258/

Wickedpedia on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_cove ... casualties

Of course today we can say that, most likely, the "coffin ban" scandal was faked, and it was probably just a convoluted way to demonstrate to anyone that U.S. soldiers were really dying in Iraq, that the danger was real, and that the military was so really invested in it to get to the point of censoring imagery. As if they did not have, by matter of course, complete and total control over any single image coming out of their war scenario. And this includes Abu Graib, by the way.

In fact, one could argue that the political liability is just one side of the coin and not the most important. On the other side is the military establishment. This establishment, without victims and heroes could not ask for more money and resources to "protect our soldiers"...

That said, I am not entirely at ease with the issue of the backgrounds. I wish i knew more about it... after all it is conceivable that backgrounds are standardized and repetitive, since photoshoot sessions are probably done in series, one private after another etc. Can anyone maybe find the guidelines about this? I am sure they are written down and probably accessible, since we are talking about the global champions of control-freakness here. :P
edgewaters

Unread post by edgewaters »

Something funny about the mouths on the Dec 12 2010 bunch ... all except 1 seem to have either a one-sided smirk or their mouth pulled to the one side a bit, all in the same direction

Also noticing that some of the groups mostly seem to be of a certain type or look, usually with one or two others thrown in for variety. The first four guys on the March 29 group all look hard and have a piercing, alert look - but the last two, who look very dull, provide contrast. The two July 19 guys look like they should be in an indie band. The August 11 guys are almost all dismissively looking down their noses at the camera. And so on.
simonshack
Administrator

nonhocapito wrote:
That said, I am not entirely at ease with the issue of the backgrounds. I wish i knew more about it... after all it is conceivable that backgrounds are standardized and repetitive, since photoshoot sessions are probably done in series, one private after another etc.
Nonho,

I have now added some more material in my initial post. Please check it out. :)
simonshack
Administrator

More "coincidences":

These two guys apparently both died on April 23, 2010.
Both are portrayed with PITCH BLACK backgrounds,
but also with similar clothes. These two faces could
well be just morphed from a given facial model :

Image__Image

LEFT: "Army Sgt. Jason A. Santora"
RIGHT: "Army Sgt. Ronald A. Kubik"
nonhocapito

Ok, I agree these pictures are very creepy... all the backgrounds look actually photoshopped as if the soldiers were all portrayed in front of a green screen and then cutout and pasted on sets of flags or other backdrops...

Also the memorial texts on that "valor" website sound a lot like the memorials of 9/11, as if spewed out of the same identity generator machines. "Army Sgt. Ronald A. Kubik lived life as if already two steps ahead of everybody else." <_<

However, let's not forget that each of these soldiers can be looked up in google and is bound to produce more results, more images, memorials, obituaries, local news etc, meaning that the forging of fake soldier identities would not be limited to "official" single pictures and memorials; also let's not disregard the fact that, while fake 9/11 victims were a requirement to avoid the wrath of real families, military families are supposed to be faithful to the cause or at least prepared to accept the death of their dear ones without much questioning. With this I mean that occasional real casualties might not be much of a problem for the military, and some of these guys could really be dead soldiers, even if the backdrops are photoshopped as standard procedure.
This, assuming there still are genuine free agents out there actually fighting the empire rifle in hand.

Talking about google searches, apparently the picture below (from, alas, legacy.com) shows the above mentioned Ronald Alan Kubik with his band:

From http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/app/gu ... 7,40515727

Here too, with this lame band innocently posing, the background looks photoshopped.

And this is more of Jason Santora:

From http://www.crossfitblacksite.com/2012/0 ... mber-2012/

Almost all pictures of soldiers seriously look like cutouts, it's amazing.
edgewaters

Unread post by edgewaters »

nonhocapito wrote:Almost all pictures of soldiers seriously look like cutouts, it's amazing.
I remember a little conditioning the media did for that ...

They called them "flat daddies" or, even more audaciously, "sim therapy". Don't hear much about them lately.
lux

Unread post by lux »

I don't know if this has anything to do with faking death statistics but the media reports that there were more military suicides in 2012 than combat deaths.

In light of Simon's information posted above and since my first assumption regarding media reports is that they are BS, I can only surmise that there is something mighty strange going on with regards to military deaths.
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

It takes a bit of digging, but there are stats for deaths of Iraqis and Afghans, as as result of the military occupation. The kill ratios found in that obscure pdf. were extremely lopsided at 50 to 1 or so, as I recall. No telling about the accuracy of the death count of either side, but there could be motivation to inflate the US death count so as to mitigate the impression (or actuality) of outright slaughter.
simonshack
Administrator

"NO PHOTO AVAILABLE"

As you browse through the "HONOR THE FALLEN war memorial", you will bump into a number of missing portraits (just like in the 911 CNN memorial with its sad 'memory candles' in lieu of many 'victims' faces). This time though, those blank spots are filled with an even sadder "NO PHOTO AVAILABLE" message. Now, if I had lost a relative in battle, I would find it most offensive on the part of my government to leave out my loved one from their proud picture book of war heroes. Actually, I'd probably be stark raving mad at such an inexcusable 'oversight' - or 'clerical laziness'. But hey, maybe that's just me !

I have singled out a particularly bizarre "NO PHOTO AVAILABLE" sequence, where we have three adjacent/ successive such missing pics. It is bizarre for several reasons - which I'll elaborate below. For now, let's look at how they appear in the memorial:

Ok, so we have three guys who allegedly died in three separate events - on two different, yet successive days:

Jason A. McLeod, Nov 23, 2009_________Matthew A. Pucino, Nov 23, 2009_________Marcus A. Tynes, Nov 22, 2009
Image_____________Image_____________Image

"Jason A. Mc.Leod, died Nov. 23, west of FOB Wilson, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with mortar fire.
http://projects.militarytimes.com/valor ... n_a_LG.jpg
"Matthew A. Pucino, died Nov. 23 in Pashay Kala, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device."
http://projects.militarytimes.com/valor ... w_a_LG.jpg
"Marcus A. Tynes, died Nov. 22 in Zabul province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device."
http://projects.militarytimes.com/valor ... s_a_LG.jpg[/size]

As you will notice, all three of them share a middle name with initial "A" - but I guess this could be put down to a mere coincidence... What's more curious, of course, is the basic fact that these three soldiers, reportedly deceased in three different circumstances occuring on two successive days - have all inexplicably been 'forgotten' by the photo editors of this war memorial. Yet, they all have (sappily) written tributes, a few extracts of which you can read below. But get this: one of the three portrait-less war heroes, Matthew A. Pucino, has not only had a post office named after him - but the Senate has passed a bill to name a bridge after him too! Yet there is NO PORTRAIT AVAILABLE to honor the celebrated war hero Pucino in the official war memorial ???
Post office named for Mass. native killed in Afghanistan The Associated Press

BOURNE, Mass. — A Massachusetts post office has been renamed in honor of a Green Beret killed in Afghanistan.
A July 8 ceremony saw the U.S. Post Office branch in Sagamore Beach renamed the Army Sgt. Matthew A. Pucino Post Office.

Bridge may be named after fallen soldier The Associated Press

BOSTON — The state Senate has passed a bill to name a Cape Cod bridge in honor of a soldier who died in Afghanistan. The bill to honor late Army Staff Sgt. Matthew A. Pucino now moves to the House for consideration.
http://www.militarytimes.com/valor/army ... no/4392746
Now, let's read an extract of the written tribute to Matthew A. Pucino:

"Matthew Pucino could withstand the rigors of the Army — but he couldn’t sneak a pocketknife past security at Walt Disney World. His brother-in-law, Phil Haglof, said Pucino was initially asked to leave the knife in his car, but then tried to sneak it in through another entrance. This time, a security guard with a gold Mickey Mouse badge caught him.“We always made fun of him that this Green Beret was busted by a Mickey cop,” Haglof told a crowd at Pucino’s memorial service."

An here's an extract of the written tribute to Marcus A. Tynes:

Marcus Tynes had a “bubbly personality,” his mother said, and by all accounts he was caring and full of laughter.“When I hear ‘Marcus Tynes,’ I think of fun, jokes and laughter,” said Anthony Moxley Sr., who coached Tynes on a basketball team. He was a loving kid, he was very concerned about other people,” she said. “Always had a smile — a contagious smile.”

An here's an extract of the written tribute to Jason A. Mc Leod:

Even in tough times, soldier remained upbeat - The Associated Press
Jason A. McLeod met his future bride, Aimee, when they were youngsters at day camp in Illinois, but they didn’t reconnect for about a decade. Then she was hooked. He always kept a positive outlook and smiled even in tough times, she said, describing him as “the most wonderful man I ever met in my life.”

I somehow feel to be rather familiar with that tribute writer... :mellow:
nonhocapito

Computer-generated identities...

Looking for Pucino on Google Images, I find that he actually did look a bit like Al Pacino. :P

These seem to be pretty much all shots of him that can be found:

From http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/threads/s ... fg-a.5059/

Uh, and BTW, I picked this name randomly after you picked it equally randomly Simon, and guess what, he has a foundation in his name:

http://www.matthewpucinofoundation.org/

Pretty funny how a foundation honoring a soldier whose main task is to kill other people does that by quoting the Gospels. <_<

Uh, and about that shot with Chuck Norris, here's another one:

From http://www.matthewpucinofoundation.org/ ... -camera-3/

Can anyone enlighten me as to why "Pucino" should wear a jacket that says "Black"?
lux

Unread post by lux »