'Boat People Tragedy' - Lampedusa Oct3, 2013

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
dblitz

Re: 'Boat People Tragedy' - Lampedusa Oct3, 2013

Unread post by dblitz »

No, because it's not there.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Just to make sure:

Can you?
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Who cares?
simonshack
Administrator

dblitz wrote:Who cares?
Crack "A" cares.

Perhaps I do too. Does that bother you? Am I to suspect that you, down in Australia, are the author of this lame imagery?
If you didn't care - why on Earth would you be here, spending precious hours of your life reviewing my photo analyses?
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Simon, I'm just a guy, okay.

This is tripping me out, do you think I'm a bad guy? I genuinely thought the perspective on those first photos might have explained the discrepancy in the backdrops. That's all.

I understand you must be very wary of infiltration etc. but all I can do is promise you I am just a guy who got up this morning and checked out your site and made an image I thought might help.

Yeah, I care, I don't know why, it's interesting. A waste of time, probably. I don't know what to say...

I said 'Who cares?' because I suddenly got very paranoid about the internet again :(
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

I tell you what, I will never post here again. I'm not going to make any difference anyway. If I find something interesting around that relates to your work, I will put it on my own site and email you, so you don't have to worry about me ruining your threads.

How's that?

Sorry about the 'Who cares' line, I get smart arsed when I'm nervous. I've read too much sci-fi maybe, but I imagined you sitting in an office somewhere laughing at me in my truman show situation, see?

I just realized, you might have a log of when people log in and first view a thread. My response might have seemed very fast, pre-prepared maybe. But I used to work in graphic design and it doesn't take me long to make something like that. I use Fireworks MX.

I don't know. Please know I did not author this imagery. I hate these deceptions, that's why I come here, to help people understand what they don't have to believe.
Last edited by dblitz on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

dblitz wrote:
Yeah, I care, I don't know why, it's interesting. A waste of time, probably. I don't know what to say...

I said 'Who cares?' because I suddenly got very paranoid about the internet again :(
No problem, mate. I appreciate you helping out. A waste of time? Naah. I think most people waste their time in many other ways - and I believe lots of people still care about intelligent discourse. All is not lost. And once again, let me thank you for keeping me on edge with my photo analyses. Much appreciated!
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Okay, cool.
I, Gestalta

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

It was not even a difficult trick question.

Seriously, how much do you make? The reason I ask is because the quality of the work had best reflect the value of your pay. Did you get hired out of a McDonald's or something? I would hate to think that our military and/or intelligence communities could hire someone of your acuity.

If that is the case, however, then I take it as a direct insult to both myself and cluesforum as a whole---in addition to the many insults upon our intelligence which you and your spineless ilk have been wreaking.

Did you really think we wouldn't see beyond your retarded remarks about advanced robotics and some top-secret space program fantasy? You're probably just a guinea pig, so I shouldn't even be addressing your pathetic ass directly, anyhow.

Fuck off.

edit: corrected a redundancy in terminology.
Last edited by I, Gestalta on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

No.
I, Gestalta

dblitz wrote:No.
Your less-than-poignant responses are not exactly helping your case. Your activity here has been rather demonstrative of one or both of two reasonable hypotheses:

1.) You, yourself, are a test of this forum's capacity for patience and its membership's ability to detect infiltration.

2.) You really are this much of an idiot, and therefore serve no positive purpose.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

You joined in April this year, when you were contracted to do the job no doubt, knowing that you would probably have to understand your appalling work in the future. In the old days bridge builders had to stand beneath their fully loaded bridges before they were paid, hence the term "understand". You can't even do that very well. Perps! If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

How many of these sleepers do we have?

And besides if you are of a "nervous" disposition and "paranoid about the internet", you really should fuck off.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Like I said, cool.
I, Gestalta

I, Gestalta wrote:
dblitz wrote:No.
Your less-than-poignant responses are not exactly helping your case. Your activity here has been rather demonstrative of one or both of two reasonable hypotheses:

1.) You, yourself, are a test of this forum's capacity for patience and its membership's ability to detect infiltration.

2.) You really are this much of an idiot, and therefore serve no positive purpose.
I have just considered a third option, actually:

3.) Your attempt at infiltration was a deliberate and intentional failure. Why? Well, I imagine that many of us have done a fair amount of research into what the general internet-public thinks of this website. Most of the disparaging remarks garnered from such searches tend to contain a line or two about how "paranoid" and "reclusive" the members of this forum are---that we have a tendency to rail against anyone who even so much as hints at a disagreement with any of the inferences made here. This, all in an attempt to paint this forum as a collection of individuals unified by a shared agenda (which this forum is not). In other words, it is possible that your objective was to add fuel to the fire of our perceived single-minded-ness.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

The horizontal feature circled here appears on both photos, but our old friend crack 'A,' does not.

Is it possible that the right side of the slope is higher than the left and the angle makes it appear as one smooth surface in the image on the left? Maybe, but then, the backdrop is still different.

Does any one know the exact location of this place, to check on Google earth or something? Should the right image have a backdrop as well or is it looking in the direction of the ocean rather than land?

They seem to deliberately make mistakes. Is there a thread discussing the possibility that these frauds are deliberately made to be easily debunked? Perhaps it serves some psychological purpose in society, to sharply divide those who see easily through the fraud and those who refuse to look even when it is clearly fake.