'Boat People Tragedy' - Lampedusa Oct3, 2013

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
simonshack
Administrator

Re: 'Boat People Tragedy' - Lampedusa Oct3, 2013

Unread post by simonshack »

"111"

Ok folks - so the casualty toll today has now reached "111" dead immigrants recovered from the waters of Lampedusa... (On monday, another minor boat tragedy allegedly claimed "13" lives).

"Lampedusa, i morti recuperati sono 111"
http://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/20 ... -67854018/
"Photo" gallery of rescue operations: (just check these out - and tell me if these images make any sense - given what we are told happened - that is, that a boat containing "500" immigrants caught fire and capsized - dumping everyone into the sea):
http://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/20 ... 76748/1/#1

A particularly silly photo gallery featuring what are said to be "good-luck pictures brought along from their land by the drowned Eritreans - which were retrieved from the waters of Cala Madonna":
"L'acqua di Cala Madonna ha restituito le foto delle famiglie dei naufraghi: immagini portafortuna,
con le quali gli eritrei si portano dietro la propria terra:"

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2013/1 ... 52267/1/#1

I find it hard to imagine anything sillier than these framed pictures - purportedly found floating around the sea surface. Atta's passport, anyone? Yet, people buy into this silliness - and today the Italian government has proclaimed a "National Day of Mourning". If this really happened as reported, I would personally ask for a "National Day of Shame upon The Italian Coast Guard" who failed to save these people as their boat capsized in close proximity to the island...
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

These guys look nice and dry, having just been rescued from a capsized ship:

These guys have been drying out for hours with the help of the sunny day and those super absorbent NASA style foil blankets:

dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

This photo is a good example of the way they make a scene appear 'over random.'

Some people have masks, but not everybody, and some masks are different to others. Some people have protective gear on (white) but some are only partially dressed this way. I think they do this to make it seem more natural and real.

If everyone had the same mask, and everyone was wearing one, if the everyone in protective gear had all the parts of the protective gear etc. do they think it is going to look 'too' real, like a movie perhaps?

Also notice the mix of emergency response/authority types - I count five in this one scene. They always do this, and always include civilians in at least some of the photos. 'Wow, that could be me!'

dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

This seems like a classic propaganda image.

A row of bodies on the sand - Why? Did they wash up there? But we hear that divers found scores of bodies by the sunken ship on the sea floor a kilometer out. Dead bodies sink right? Not float into shore.

Why so many people? They always over do the number of people, don't they?

Why is the sand so trampled a few meters on front of the bodies, but barely any disturbance of the sand in front of the bodies? If they were dragged from the surf, where are the tracks? If they carried them from the water, the weight would have made deep footprints in the sand.

Can't underestimate the visual impact of the 'refuge style' boat in the background either.

Also notice shadow differences between the guy on the far right and those in front of the tape.

simonshack
Administrator

A happy 'survivor-family' - with dad clad in the obligatory white-&-blue-striped shirt :

Pardon me - but do these 'survivors' appear to come from Eritrea /Black Africa (as most were supposed to originate from)? :huh:
source of image: FRONT PAGE of online version of Italy's largest newspaper - "La Repubblica".

Were there various compartments (white/black) in the ship that sank? :blink:

The Coast Guard Commander says he is deeply offended by those questioning the Coast Guard's sluggish performance.
He says their rescue teams reacted very swiftly indeed - and have to be praised for saving "about 150 lives"...
(WHICH IMPLIES THAT 350 PEOPLE MUST HAVE DIED - SINCE WE ARE CONTINUOUSLY TOLD THAT THE SHIP CARRIED 500 IMMIGRANTS !...) :

I guess it is just happenstance that Mediaset (the TV-media-empire owned by Berlusconi) chose to use a reporter named "Maximilian Of God" to cover the tragedy which took place at Cala Madonna (Coincidental number "290" in frame)...

A black flag with the word "VERGOGNA" (SHAME) floats above the Lampedusa port. Shame on who? <_<

And now the Island of LAMPEDUSA is proposed as a candidate for the Knob-el Peace Prize... :rolleyes:
http://temi.repubblica.it/espresso-appe ... llo=391309
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Blue stripes again. Do they seem to go along with scenes of safety, rescue, escape and survival to you Simon?

dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Now they are saying 114 Dead. 111 + 3.

Or if you want to go even further, and perhaps too far:

3rd + Oct (8) = 11 :wacko:
simonshack
Administrator

dblitz wrote:Do they seem to go along with scenes of safety, rescue, escape and survival to you Simon?
Well - what mostly concerns me is how they go along with scenes of death, tragedy and despair - which appears to be the 'trend' of the relentless international psyops concocted by the sad, insane individuals making up the Nutwork.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

The Italian president, Giorgio Napolitano, said the European Union needed to act to stem "a succession of massacres of innocent people".
president Giorgio Napolitano called a "succession of true slaughters of innocents"
Massacre? Slaughter? These are words for murder, not accidental death.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

The Guardian, Thursday 3 October 2013 22.47 AEST:
"The word that comes to mind is 'shame'," Francis said in unscripted remarks after a speech in the Vatican. "Let us unite our strengths so that such tragedies never happen again."
The Guardian, Friday 4 October 2013 04.33 AEST:
Their message was echoed by Pope Francis, who said: "Let's unite our efforts so that tragedies like this don't happen again. Only a decisive collaboration of everyone can help and prevent them." In impromptu remarks, he added: "The word disgrace comes to mind. It is a disgrace."
Unscripted versus Impromptu.

It seems the scriptwriters preferred 'efforts' to 'strengths' and 'disgrace' to 'shame.'
simonshack
Administrator

^

Allright,

So we have an official list of 153 survivors - ALL from Eritrea:

http://download.repubblica.it/pdf/2013/ ... pedusa.pdf

The media keeps repeating that the ship carried about 500 people. So the bets are open as to what the final death toll will be.

I go for "333". <_<

A "rescue video" (WHERE are the other hundreds of swimming survivors???)
http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/lamp ... 876/140411

Scuba diver has found ship !
http://video.repubblica.it/dossier/lamp ... 915/140451
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Evidently the ship-owner and maritime administration are responsible for sending the not seaworthy ship to sea. It seems the boat came from Libya where disorder reigns since Khadaffi was disposed of. Strange that the incident took place just before arrival Lampedusa. Had it taken place an hour earlier, nobody had noticed. :rolleyes:
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

I have read they set a sheet alight, or that they let off flares - obligatory contradictions in narrative.

It is said they ran out of room at the morgue, and so stored the remaining bodies in an aircraft hanger.

Obligatory open body bags, complete with hand reaching toward camera:

And what is with that one green bag with the strange shape, pointing at the white clad person upper left?

Another view:

And another:

Again, rows of dead people are effective, but the bags diminish the impact, so make sure we can see at least something of an actual dead person. Ghoulish.

dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Another backdrop:

And an underwater video of the wreck, read the bulls*#@ under this screencapture:

See those bodies still clinging to the wreck? Even in death!

Looks like they have settled on 111 deaths.

Article and video here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24392732
Last edited by dblitz on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

One of those surrealist photos.

I see a foot sticking out at the left, an arm attached to what looks like someones body about to hit the sand, with the head behind the guy's lower leg, so what is the thing under the sheet that they are holding? Oh, and a man walking on fire.

It's creeping me out a bit.