Stephen Hawking Hoax

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
elmoastro

Stephen Hawking Hoax

Unread post by elmoastro »

I've wondered this for years, how a guy with a severe disability becomes the world's authority on physics.

I was looking up his book sales, as best-sellers seem to be a pretty decent money stream for hoaxters. His most popular book, "A Brief History in Time" - 10 million+ sales. Given the host of hoaxes, this one might possibly be an MIT/NASA production.

From wiki:
Popular publications

A Brief History of Time (1988)
Black Holes and Baby Universes and Other Essays (1993)
The Universe in a Nutshell (2001)
On The Shoulders of Giants (2002)
A Briefer History of Time (2005)
God Created the Integers: The Mathematical Breakthroughs That Changed History (2005)
The Grand Design (2010)
My Brief History (2013)

Children's fiction

Co-written with his daughter Lucy.

George's Secret Key to the Universe (2007)
George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt (2009)
George and the Big Bang (2011)

Films and series

A Brief History of Time (1992)
Stephen Hawking's Universe (1997)
Hawking – BBC television film (2004)
Horizon: The Hawking Paradox (2005)
Masters of Science Fiction (2007)
Stephen Hawking: Master of the Universe (2008)
Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking (2010)
Brave New World with Stephen Hawking (2011)
Stephen Hawking's Grand Design (2012)
Hawking (2013)

The wiki propaganda page reads like the vicsim memorials and comments.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_hawking

It's difficult for media-believers to question authority, physically & mentally disabled, children and other deep emotionally programmed phrases.

Here's a vid. See 1:17 "NASA Typist"

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYAgeWlS7UY

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0QY4cGY0pU
Last edited by elmoastro on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elmoastro

Re: Stephen Hawking Hoax

(These videos seem contrived. I just wanted to archive them as a part of the discussion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2E5MeOBZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1QxgueQLgw

Edit: Changed embeds to links to avoid clutter. These seem to be crackpot and the way they describe neuro-control seems far-fetched.
Last edited by elmoastro on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

I got through 7 minutes of part 1. This is conspiracy nonsense and doesn't belong on this message board, imo.

While I'm certainly open to the idea that Steven Hawking is a manufactured entity, there is no way you're going to convince me that this interview is legit. Sounds like 2 of my neighbors in their garage. In just the first 7 minutes alone are some obvious audio cuts, likely to cut out their laughter.

They sound like they're making it up as they go along. I mean the guy can't even say "Steven Hawking" correctly, instead he calls him "Mr. Hawkins."
elmoastro

I agree anonjedi. I considered deleting them but there isn't much else out there and left it, not as proof, but as a start, albeit nearly unlistenable.

I've looked at a lot of Hawking interviews and the tech just doesn't support the ability to communicate that fast via eye & facial muscles. I may be wrong.

If they are a distraction or clutter, they should be deleted. I'm also considering them as a possible intentional misdirect. Or just ramblings of two guys in a garage as you noted.

I will try to put together a more cohesive theory on Hawking, but wanted to start the topic.
iCONOCLAST

Unread post by iCONOCLAST »

This thread freaked me out. Yesterday as I was having a shower, I was thinking about Hawkins being a hoax. Along the lines of "Our answer to Einstein" to prove British intellectual superiority. However being a G.P. and well aware of Motoneurone disease, which I am convinced of, I too find it hard to believe how he can communicate so quickly. Just my 2 cents about this obvious nonsense. :D
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I will try to put together a more cohesive theory on Hawking, but wanted to start the topic.
While it is intellectually honest of you to admit where you got the idea, you don't have to, especially if the videos are like this.

Just post your theory or suspicion. You don't need to base it on more than solid logic and reasoning from your observations. I look forward to this. Simon was just telling me a couple months ago how he thought Hawking was acting.

We looked into Lou Gehrig's disease and thought it was kind of funny that the baseball player Lou Gehrig might have been an early case of a celebrity "public disappearance act" or at least mis-diagnosis. Hence, as they like to base their hoaxes upon one another (and it seems to even be a practice of theirs with more rules than exceptions) Hawking would also have this fictional disease. The disease was classified under a series of muscle issue syndromes but qualified as its own disease, though the record was sealed in a mega-hospital corporation with big profits called Mayo (Clinic). This was the location in Rochester, Minnesota (military-computing hub). Only recently has there been a question of whether it was merely from blunt-force trauma to the brain from playing the world's most dangerously boring sport.

And now today, you have this sort of classic science fiction tale of a disabled ignored genius telling everyone how the world works, only he's not ignored — he's famous. So the public message is that all is right with our world because we listen to the disabled ignored genius. Never mind that it disqualifies him from that category, our society is great, all hail NASA! :D
lux

Unread post by lux »

I have thought about Hawking too and I have no doubt that he is a science hoax along the same lines as Einstein. For me, it just fits too well for it not to be a hoax.

The whole idea, I think, is to create a series of personae who are supposedly so brilliant that they don't need to prove anything –- they just pull theories out of thin air which the “scientific community” goes gaga over and that makes it true. Einstein was the roll model who paved the way for the public to accept this sort of nonsense.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

hoi.polloi wrote:Only recently has there been a question of whether it was merely from blunt-force trauma to the brain from playing the world's most dangerously boring sport.
As best I understand, the current thought is that Lou Gehrig died from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), the brain injury/disease killing numbers of retired pro football players. CTE had not yet been identified in the late 1930s, when Gehrig died. Gehrig played college football at Columbia U., so likely suffered head injuries then, not later while playing baseball. (Football helmets at that time provided little real protection against brain damage and concussion. Of course, players back then were nowhere near as big, fast, and strong as they are today, so likely didn't hit as hard as they do today.)

Ironically, this means Lou Gehrig likely didn't die of ALS, aka Lou Gehrig's Disease - amyotrophic lateral schlerosis.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Nice, thanks for the update!

I suppose if Hawking is a fraud, he has watched videos of people with similar syndromes, and is doing his best impression. And for the sake of whatever he gets wrong, it can be reported as his unique version. Hmmm.

lux, you may be right about Einstein. That does fit with how people today talk and think about him. Could this be a deliberate effect of the staged personae?
lux

Unread post by lux »

I think this is the purpose of these fake "genius" characters -- to create in the public's mind the idea that certain people are so intelligent they can just tell us the way things are and nothing has to be proven.

As for Hawking, since he can't speak or even move, we have no idea who is really doing the "talking" through his little Amiga computer speech synthesizer or who really writes his books. Hawking could just be some guy they found to sit in a wheel chair while someone else does the "talking" and writing for him. :lol:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

lux wrote:I think this is the purpose of these fake "genius" characters -- to create in the public's mind the idea that certain people are so intelligent they can just tell us the way things are and nothing has to be proven.

As for Hawking, since he can't speak or even move, we have no idea who is really doing the "talking" though his little Amiga computer speech synthesizer or who really writes his books. Hawking could just be some guy they found to sit in a wheel chair while someone else does the "talking" and writing for him. :lol:
Kinda like the "president" of a certain large nation.

Strange that he does what his name suggests. Hawk : to sell goods informally in public places

"On every street corner there were traders hawking their wares."
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

Thanks to elmoastro for starting this thread.
So I am thinking of the day to day superhuman abilities of this allegedly disabled guy and at the same time trying to understand the physics, with pun intended, of how he performs these unbelievable feats of not only surviving but to come up with these fantastic tales of how the universe functions. I am thinking of little things such as composing a paragraph in order to express one's thoughts. So everywhere he turns he must have someone writing for him? I understand how he needs someone to change his diaper. :puke:
lux

Unread post by lux »

And, of course, there is a film about him ...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCTWnCvDleU

"The World's Greatest Mind," it says.
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

It's supposedly Hawking's birthday today (8 Jan). The "Social Media" is awash with the human slimemould of academia exalting the phony professor as their cybernetic deity.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

It is definitely curious that he's managed to live this long (72 years) with ALS. Most people are diagnosed with ALS after the age of 50 and usually die within 5 years of their diagnosis. Hawking was diagnosed at the age of 21 and doctors gave him only 4 years to live. 51 years later, he's still going strong! Are there other similar cases out there?

Not only has Hawking managed to outlive his disease, but it hasn't seemed to slow him down at all. In addition to authoring (allegedly) all of the books mentioned above, he also had a 30 year career as a full professor of mathematics at the University of Cambridge and became director at the Center for Theoretical Cosmology after that. How is this even physically possible?

I'm wondering if there are students that attended his classes over the years. Were they all just subjects of a massive experiment? If he records the lectures prior to class, then why bother showing up? Is it just to add to the illusion?

What exactly does it mean to be a "cosmologist" anyways? Is that a real field of science?

From Wicked:
Cosmology - is the study of the origin, evolution, and eventual fate of the universe. Physical cosmology is the scholarly and scientific study of the origin, evolution, large-scale structures and dynamics, and ultimate fate of the universe, as well as the scientific laws that govern these realities.[1] Religious cosmology (or mythological cosmology) is a body of beliefs based on the historical, mythological, religious, and esoteric literature and traditions of creation and eschatology.

Physical cosmology is studied by scientists, such as astronomers, and theoretical physicists; and academic philosophers, such as metaphysicians, philosophers of physics, and philosophers of space and time. Modern cosmology is dominated by the Big Bang theory, which attempts to bring together observational astronomy and particle physics.[2]
So, just a bunch of theory, yes?

“In my opinion, if aliens are here, I suspect the newspapers would be full of the story. And if governments are involved in the coverup, they are doing a much better job of it than they seem to do at anything else.”

Am I to believe that if this man is really as intelligent as we've been led to believe that he actually believes the media would blow the whistle on the Alien story if it were real? How can anyone take this guy seriously?

Someone should ask him what he thinks happened on 9/11.

[email protected]

Here's how "Stephen" says his computer works:
Since 1997, my computer-based communication system has been sponsored and provided by Intel® Corporation. A tablet computer mounted on the arm of my wheelchair is powered by my wheelchair batteries, although the tablets internal battery will keep the computer running if necessary.

My main interface to the computer is through a program called EZ Keys, written by Words Plus Inc. This provides a software keyboard on the screen. A cursor automatically scans across this keyboard by row or by column. I can select a character by moving my cheek to stop the cursor. My cheek movement is detected by an infrared switch that is mounted on my spectacles. This switch is my only interface with the computer. EZ Keys includes a word prediction algorithm, so I usually only have to type the first couple of characters before I can select the whole word. When I have built up a sentence, I can send it to my speech synthesizer. I use a separate hardware synthesizer, made by Speech+. It is the best I have heard, although it gives me an accent that has been described variously as Scandinavian, American or Scottish.

Through EZ Keys I can also control the mouse in Windows. This allows me to operate my whole computer. I can check my email using the Eudora email client, surf the internet using Firefox, or write lectures using Notepad. My latest computer from Intel, based on an Intel® Core™ i7 Processor and Intel® Solid-State Drive 520 Series, also contains a webcam which I use with Skype to keep in touch with my friends. I can express a lot through my facial expressions to those who know me well.

I can also give lectures. I write the lecture beforehand and save it on disk. I can then send it to the speech synthesiser a sentence at a time using the Equalizer software written by Words Plus. It works quite well and I can try out the lecture and polish it before I give it.

I keep looking into new assistive technologies, and recently Intel® have sponsored a team of its engineers to design a new facial recognition system aimed at improving my communication speed. They also have some new ideas regarding my software interface and it will be interesting to see the results of this. It looks quite promising. I have also experimented with Brain Controlled Interfaces to communicate with my computer however as yet these don't work as consistently as my cheek operated switch.
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-computer.html

<_<