Stephen Hawking Hoax

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Stephen Hawking Hoax

Unread post by simonshack »

Stephen Hawking wrote:" I have also experimented with Brain Controlled Interfaces to communicate with my computer however as yet these don't work as consistently as my cheek operated switch."

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-computer.html

The cheeky sod!... :rolleyes: :P
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

It sure sounds like he's got to put quite an effort into producing every single letter/word. This would likely take so much time that it would be impossible for him to produce the wide variety of stuff, including lectures, that TPTB claim he has produced. Absurd.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Exactly, fbenario.

Such feats belong in comedy shows like this Vicky Pollard sketch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WkqzbyQloc

What´s more, the style of the text quoted by anonjedi2 sounds like a product release. A trite advertising piece signed by a celebrity.
I can also give lectures.
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

There's something about the Hawking Hoax that reminds me of a macabre short story written by Roald Dahl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_an ... t_story%29

As well as writing wacky children's books, Dahl also wrote chilling fiction for adults. It's little known that Dahl, the son of Norwegian parents, was a British spook. Stationed in the USA in the lead-up to WWII, he wrote pro-Brit propaganda to loosen-up America for war. It's likely that Dahl's lurid and perverted imagination was used by Nutworks for writing PSYOPs!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Se ... ordination

Dahl's short story reminding me of Hawking was titled William & Mary. It was televised for the sordid '70's cult series, Tales Of The Unexpected. A long-suffering wife who suffered years of abuse by her bullying husband decides to effect revenge. Discovering he's dying from cancer, she lets doctors remove his brain to keep artificially alive in a gruesome medical experiment!

Before he's even dead, William's brain is cut out, and successfully hooked up to one of his eyes, which floats nearby in a salad bowl! The brain has no other means of communicating with the outside world. Mary takes the brain (and eye) home, to keep on her sideboard, so she can torture what's left of him! She particularly loves blowing smoke in his eye - a habit he loathed when he was, erm, more alive!

Is that perhaps the unenviable position for Hawking today?! Chronically incapacitated, trapped in a dysfunctional body, unable to speak, or even gesture his contempt, yet taunted most cruelly by Nutworks?! With no means of stopping the nonsense they spout in his name, through 'his' speech synthesiser?!
lux

Unread post by lux »

Stephen Hawking, whose public career is based on his earlier “work” on black holes, now publishes a paper that states that “black holes do not exist!” … or so says the media headlines.

However, if you read the copy beneath the headlines and the paper itself, any fool can see he said nothing of the kind and merely published a statement suggesting that the definition of black holes should be somewhat revised.

It's all rather boring, in fact, to any non-physicist but it's been a while since Hawking has been in the news and almost a month since this thread was begun so it's high time for a little Hawking publicity to remind us all what a fabulous genius he really is.

Or, as Time Magazine says it ...
"You might well wonder why his announcement generated so much excitement. But when the subject is black holes and you’re the world’s most famous physicist—Hawking is not only a best-selling author but has also guest-starred on both Star Trek and The Simpsons—the usual rules don’t apply.”
So, remember that, folks, and pay no attention to any of his detractors because Time Magazine says, ...

Hawking is not only the world's most famous physicist and a best-selling author but he has also guest-starred on two of our most beloved TV shows -- Star Trek and The Simpsons! Gosh! :o :o :o :o :o
simonshack
Administrator

lux wrote: However, if you read the copy beneath the headlines and the paper itself, any fool can see he said nothing of the kind and merely published a statement suggesting that the definition of black holes should be somewhat revised.

50 SHADES OF GREY

Yes, Lux - however allow me to differ a little bit with your reading / interpretation of this story. See, the worldwide-diffused media message is VERY VERY clear - and leaves "no room for doubt" (that is, to the average, casual news reader - i.e. MOST news readers of this world ), Stephen Hawking is in actuality PERCEIVED - by most people - to be saying that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BLACK HOLE :

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science-t ... -his-grave

CAPTION OF BELOW IMAGE PUBLISHED ON THE EXPRESS.co.uk :
"How a black hole might look if it existed, which it doesn't, according to Hawking". (GETTY)

So, in this view, may I suggest that these apparently 'foolish' (and 'sensationalistic') media headlines are all quite deliberate and calculated - and an integral part of this latest little Nutwork comedy? Let me try and imagine the script the Nutwork-clowns concocted for this psy-episode. I will use two fictional characters, sir John Hoaks U. ("JHU") and sir Chester Bull S. ("CBS") to symbolize the sort of repulsive wanna-be-overlords / swashbuckling-control-rats who currently run this world - via deception.

One morning in the Nutwork's Operational Psyop Command ("NOPC") :

JHU: I have an idea for 2014, my dear CBS! Let us now make our Hawking vegetable declare that black holes do not exist!

CBS: Naah, my dear JHU.... The scientific community will NOT buy that so quickly. They just LOVE their black holes - and they're far too attached to them !

JHU: Oh, I know - but for the science folks - we'll say that Hawking only meant to say that black holes aren't quite black - but that they actually come in 50 shades of grey!

CBS: Aha! Now, that's clever, JHU - I see what you're getting at! So, let me get this right: to the general public, it will only SOUND as if Hawking denies the existence of black holes? Whereas the science folks will "understand" that it was just an innocent, overblown media scoop?

JHU: Precisely, my dear CBS! We'll make the whole black hole debate even more obscure than it EVER was and - as a bonus - we'll get the media to print: "Einstein spins in his grave"! Haha!

CBS: Hahaha! Brilliant! Well, I then suggest we'd get some stoopid politician bitch to CONDEMN Hawking's retraction ("about the existence of black holes") and have her questioning the entire scientific establishment. In such manner, we will raise & enhance the public's empathy / sympathy towards our own iconic science clowns - such as that poor, drooling Hawking vegetable. Hahahaha!

To be sure, a stoopid bitch politician is on record CONDEMNING this Hawking statement - i.e. "that black holes don't exist":
JANUARY 27, 2014
STEPHEN HAWKING’S BLUNDER ON BLACK HOLES SHOWS DANGER OF LISTENING TO SCIENTISTS, SAYS BACHMANN
"Dr. Stephen Hawking’s recent statement that the black holes he famously described do not actually exist underscores “the danger inherent in listening to scientists,” Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minnesota) said today."
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/b ... hmann.html
I find myself chuckling over the irony that I could actually agree with this silly woman (known for having accused "the Muslim Brotherhood" of perpetrating 9/11... :lol: ) as far as this reported statement of hers is concerned: “If black holes don’t exist, then other things you scientists have been trying to foist on us probably don’t either, like climate change and evolution.”

So what's next - after this latest "no black holes" outing? Are we to expect an 'exit strategy' for the Hawk-King monster, having him declare that there are no man-made satellites up there (and with the mass media saying that - "alas, the poor old veggie has now sadly gone terminally senile?") ? Naah - don't bet on it. But it WOULD be a pretty amusing development!

BLACK holes? Naah. According to Hawking ("the sharpest brain of this entire planet") - they come in 50 shades of GREY! :P
lux

Unread post by lux »

simonshack wrote:So, in this view, may I suggest that these apparently 'foolish' (and 'sensationalistic') media headlines are all quite deliberate and calculated - and an integral part of this latest little Nutwork comedy?
I couldn't agree more, Simon.

BTW, I too saw the story about Michele Bachmann and was going to include it in my post until I realized that it came from “The Borowitz Report” written by Andy Borowitz, a comedy writer and news satirist known for his fake news stories à la The Onion.

As Andy's wiki page states:
In the late 1990s, Borowitz began e-mailing humorous fake news stories to friends. In 2001, he founded The Borowitz Report, a site that posts one 250-word news satire every weekday. The site led to greater fame and widespread attention for Borowitz as a political satirist.
"Coincidentally," an amazingly similar piece about Bachmann appeared here with the headline "Stephen Hawking Black Hole Reversal Has Michele Bachmann Livid About Science" though this one is clearly labeled as satire.

.. but, satire or not, the intent of these silly Bachmann fluff pieces is still clearly as you have stated above. Of this I have no doubt.

And, I also don't doubt Michele Bachmann's stoopid bitch status in the slightest. :lol:
simonshack
Administrator

lux wrote: "Coincidentally," an amazingly similar piece about Bachmann appeared here with the headline "Stephen Hawking Black Hole Reversal Has Michele Bachmann Livid About Science" though this one is clearly labeled as satire.
Doesn't sound like satire to me at all, dear Lux - notwithstanding the fact that the first and last word of that article is "satire".

Just read the last paragraph of that allegedly "satirical" article by 'Lee Birdine' :

"Bachmann has the potential to become a strong presidential candidate. Should she win, will her first major act in office be to dismantle NASA? Perhaps completely do away with the House Science Committee altogether? Remove the teachings of science in schools? Abolish all scientific research including those that may lead to cures of major diseases? Are scientists not allowed to make mistakes and reverse their thinking on such theories as the nature of black holes? The list could go on, but the real worry is that someone so lividly anti-science should gain power to accomplish any of those objectives."
http://guardianlv.com/2014/01/stephen-h ... t-science/
Satire? Really?
lux

Unread post by lux »

You're right, Simon. I know it isn't really, actually, literally satire. It's only a pretense of satire.

They say whatever they like and label it satire. That way they don't have to substantiate or defend it but it still has the intended effect on the public.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

These are interesting matters, but the media is making sure most people miss the point.

Here is a good video about it:
In a response to Stephen Hawking’s recent paper on the non-existence of black holes, LPP Chief Scientist Eric Lerner explains in this video how Einstein proved in 1939 that his general relativity theory proved black holes do NOT exist. The myth that relativity predicted black holes arose in the 1960's after Einstein's death. It originated among researchers studying quasars, vast explosions in space. Lerner’s research on how electromagnetic forces could explain much about quasars used the plasmoids produced in the dense plasma focus device as a model of the quasar process. This study in the 1980’s laid the theoretical foundations for LPP’s Focus Fusion research.
http://www.lawrencevilleplasmaphysics.c ... &Itemid=90
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Stephen Hawking is in the news today. Some of you may remember not too long ago he claimed that Aliens could wipe the human race off the face of the Earth. Now, he is claiming that the Higgs Boson "God Particle" could wipe out not just earth, but the entire universe! :rolleyes:

Fear propaganda at its finest, imo. Is there any real evidence that this "God Particle" even exists?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 4e797e761e
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

"God Particle" ... It's just a mathematical explanation for why certain formulas work, or so it has been explained to me. But no expert has been able to tell me what exactly it means if those formulas do not always work. It is running on assumptions of physical "constants" that may not actually be constant, given such things as light and gravity and so on fluctuate so much. It's also just a math formula that elegantly 'explains' apparent physics measurements none of us could hope to prove the existence of. It's another hoax based on extrapolated explanations of special money interest-protected science, as convoluted and removed from the average person's determinations as "dark matter" and "satellites" as far as I'm concerned.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

I agree with your assessment, Hoi, and I am frankly appalled by the glory Hawking receives among the general public who pretty much look up to him as a God of sorts. It's amazing what garbage people will swallow without question these days.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Or do without question ... such as dumping a bucket of ice water over their heads in support of a massive fib. Sad.
elmoastro

Unread post by elmoastro »

I find Stephen Hawking and the technology he uses for speech synthesis keys to the hoax. The patents on his Speech Plus software reveal their true nature: (see below, emphasis mine). The main point is remote control.

Verbal computer terminal system
Patent number: 4716583
Abstract: A telephonic data communications system provides verbal communication of data in remote computer systems. The major components of the systems are a plurality of channels and a data processor. Each channel includes a text-to-speech translator for translating digitally stored textual data into analogue speech signals corresponding to the verbal expression of the textual data; a telephone interface for establishing a telephonic connection with a user by detecting incoming calls and by initiating calls; and an RS232 port for accessing a data base in a remote host computer system. The data processor includes software for controlling the communications protocols used by each channel, whereby each channel emulates a computer terminal suitable for communication with the remote computer system connected to that channel, and software for extracting selected data from the data received from the remote computer system.

Type: Grant
Filed: October 22, 1986
Issued: December 29, 1987
Assignee: Speech Plus, Inc.
Inventors: Gabriel F. Groner, Eric A. Dorsey, Keith M. Williams, Harihar J. Vyas
**********************************************************************************************************

Verbal computer terminal system
Patent number: 4659877
Abstract: A telephonic data communications system provides verbal communication of data in remote computer systems. The major components of the systems are a plurality of channels and a data processor. Each channel includes a text-to-speech translator for translating digitally stored textual data into analogue speech signals corresponding to the verbal expression of the textual data; a telephone interface for establishing a telephonic connection with a caller; and an RS232 port for accessing a data base in a remote host computer system. The data processor includes software for controlling the communications protocols used by each channel, whereby each channel emulates a computer terminal suitable for communication with the remote computer system connected to that channel, and software for extracting selected data from the data received from the remote computer system.

Type: Grant
Filed: November 16, 1983
Issued: April 21, 1987
Assignee: Speech Plus, Inc.
Inventors: Eric A. Dorsey, Keith M. Williams, Harihar J. Vyas, Gabriel F. Groner

Hawking is a remote-controlled speech processor dressed up as a brilliant MIT professor. The recent film about his life is like an Onion parody. Watch as his "nurse" feeds him and it all dribbles out of his mouth. And this guy wrote over a dozen best sellers. As long as people believe in Hawking, it just proves that things like satellites are a slam dunk.
Last edited by elmoastro on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.