Russia's ambassador to Turkey "assassinated"

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
anonjedi2

Russia's ambassador to Turkey "assassinated"

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

This story is developing. Since I hadn't seen it posted here, I figured I would start the discussion. Mods, please move to the appropriate forum as needed.

Russia's ambassador to Turkey assassinated in Ankara

^^^ Disco Inferno!

This one is truly hilarious, I must say :)

My only comments for now are as follows:

I find it highly comical that several photographers can supposedly stand right in front of the gunman with such courage as to not even display hardly a flinch as he fires multiple rounds into the back of the ambassador who then drops to his knees in a very controlled (demolition?) manner. :D I mean truly award winning journalists we have here! Not only do they not instinctively drop or run for cover as a normal human being would, without even thinking about it, but the man with the video camera actually manages to pull off a precision "Zoom Out" to capture the gunman after he fired his shots. The gunman I guess just randomly happened to be standing behind the ambassador and the podium for what reason exactly? Was he getting a closer view at one of the art pieces while the ambassador was giving his speech? :lol:

Also - No security? Is it customary for an ambassador to give a speech at an art gallery or such similar place without even a shred of security? Nobody wondered why this guy is walking behind the ambassador?

Gun shots fired don't seem very loud on the camera's microphone. Squibs? :blink:

I encourage members to watch the video on this page and chime in:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/19/europe/tu ... index.html
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Russia's ambassador to Turkey "assassinated"

Unread post by simonshack »

Hilarious indeed, dear Anonjedi.

So as not to succumb to utter depression (what with the growing idiocy of these ever-phonier "news / TV stories"), I have taken the habit of entertaining myself by anagramming the purported names of whomever we are told to be the 'culprit/bad guy, guilty of the criminal deed'...

In this case, the alleged assassin's name, we are told, is a police officer named "Mevlut Mert Altintas".

This name can - most appropriately - be 'anagrammed' to:

"A TV melter stimulant." -_-

OpticalIllusion

Unread post by OpticalIllusion »

Why what beautiful ears you have there.

guivre

Unread post by guivre »

I really, really dislike the new trend of conversation via meme, especially considering what we know about political entrainment and how social media is being used as an accessory to fakery, but I think there's a vein that touches on the absurdity here:

https://twitter.com/stoner_elite/status ... 2672169985

No idea who the author of that was but am seeing the sentiment many places in different forms.

I would also imagine there's a reason they used that white backdrop for this "event".
cooler1021

Unread post by cooler1021 »

I noticed a few weird things about this video and I have tried to point them out. Please correct me if I am wrong but why is the corner next to the painting so blurry/vague? And I also see a blue line around the ambassador's body.

Video retrieved from: http://nos.nl/artikel/2149210-russische ... otief.html

patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Video of the assassin before the shooting
https://twitter.com/zaidbenjamin/status ... 3130629120

I'm new here and not experienced in analyzing video, but to me it looks staged. How can someone be allowed to move like that behind a VIP? Where is the security? How come the photographers continued filming and taking photos instead of running for their life?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

patrix » December 20th, 2016, 3:38 pm wrote:Video of the assassin before the shooting

I'm new here and not experienced in analyzing video, but to me it looks staged. How can someone be allowed to move like that behind a VIP? Where is the security? How come the photographers continued filming and taking photos instead of running for their life?
Indeed patrix. Then there's the absence of blood, steaming white body stuff, piss and crap. My first thoughts were - "What's this a Quentin Tarantino promo?" Then there's the "Art", a bunch of Windows 10 desktops images.

Assassins donning the attire of ex-presidents?
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

"It was like a MOVIE" says the photographer, Associated Press photographer Burhan Ozbilici, who just couldn't NOT snap pics.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-12-20/it-w ... mbassador/

Shortly after taking the ambassador's photo, Mr Ozbilici said he heard "loud shouting". It was like a movie, he said. I heard a minimum of five or six shots, and people were running away. The gunman pointed the gun towards people and I think he was asking people to disperse, to go away. "

Reminds me of this photographer at the Brussels airport bombing:

Georgian journalist Ketevan Kardava from Georgia Public Broadcasting station 1TV :

"My first impression was that… aaah… is it… am I in the movie ? [laughs] Yea !”
corsarino

Unread post by corsarino »

Instant Kill as in a Hollywood movie!
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

CluedIn » December 20th, 2016, 4:31 pm wrote:"It was like a MOVIE" says the photographer, Associated Press photographer Burhan Ozbilici, who just couldn't NOT snap pics.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-12-20/it-w ... mbassador/
Should not the eyewitness to a high-profile political assassination be in police headquarters submitting his testimony to written statement, removed from outside influence potentially contaminating his version of the event ? Is the Turkey police and investigation unit, visible in background behind witness, so inept, incompetent and unqualified as to defy common sense ?

CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Thoughts regarding the black and white nature of the images...

A Passion Play or Pageant for the Winter Solstice. Life/Death. Light/Dark. White/Black.

We had the same shenanigans with some dopey airplane crash story last year.
guivre

Unread post by guivre »

RE: the white background I was thinking in more practical terms of it making it harder to see flaws in rendering, etc. instead of symbolic. Usually museums and galleries have more soft lighting and color though the backgrounds are indeed stark. I'm sure someone with 3D experience can correct me or add something worthwhile.
brianv

Christmas Turkey

Unread post by brianv »

guivre » December 21st, 2016, 10:32 am wrote:RE: the white background I was thinking in more practical terms of it making it harder to see flaws in rendering, etc. instead of symbolic. Usually museums and galleries have more soft lighting and color though the backgrounds are indeed stark. I'm sure someone with 3D experience can correct me or add something worthwhile.
Yes indeed there's that aspect too. On a more tangible note - Where is the Ambassador's Security Detail? Aren't we to believe that there are Tewwowists wunning wiot in Turkey? Why are they not in attendance at the "Art" Gallery? What are their names? Have they been flown back to Moscow and along with the organisers shot in front of a firing squad for failure of duty?
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

Anyone familiar with production knows that the doors to a VIP event would never be allowed to open prior to all cabling (especially cabling in high traffic areas) being secured with gaff tape due to trip hazards.