Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
sayiamu

Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'

Unread post by sayiamu »

Laying in bed last night after watching what may or may not be true accounts of what's going on in Egypt.. and I remembered this:

(excuse paste job here from wikipedia/link would not work)

The media's fixation with shark attacks began on July 6, when 8-year-old Mississippi boy Jessie Arbogast was bitten by a bull shark while standing in shallow water at Santa Rosa Island's Langdon Beach. The shark, which measured approximately 7 feet (2.1 m) in length, bit off Arbogast's arm in the attack; it was then caught and killed after being dragged by its tail onto shore by Arbogast's uncle, Vance Flosenzier. Although Arbogast was immediately pulled out the water by Flosenzier following the attack, the severe blood loss he suffered caused damage to his organs and brain, complicating his recovery.[5] Arbogast's arm was later removed from the captured shark's mouth and surgically reattached.

Immediately after the near-fatal attack on Arbogast, another attack severed the leg of a New Yorker vacationing in The Bahamas, while a third attack on a surfer occurred about a week later on July 15, six miles from the spot where Arbogast was bitten.[6] In the following weeks, Abrogast's spectacular rescue and survival received extensive coverage in the 24-hour news cycle, which was renewed (and then redoubled) with each subsequent report of a shark incident. The media fixation culminated in a cover story in the July 30th issue of Time magazine.

In mid-August, many networks were showing footage captured by helicopters of hundreds of sharks coalescing off the southwest coast of Florida. Beach-goers were warned of the dangers of swimming,[7] despite the fact that the swarm was likely part of an annual shark migration.[8] The repeated broadcasts of the shark group has been criticized as blatant fear mongering, leading to the unwarranted belief of a so-called shark "epidemic".[8]

By early September, there were calls to pass legislation to help "control the problem," and legislation prohibiting the feeding of sharks was enacted in Florida on November 1, becoming a law on the January 1, 2002.[9] The Summer of the Shark came to a quick end following the September 11 terrorist attacks, as the media had shifted attention to the destruction in New York City.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/15/us/na ... exico.html <<<<<<<Aug15,2001

and now ... another major turning point in Egypt and:

http://www.slate.com/id/2277760/

I find this verrry interesting.... that ... weeks to months before these events .... made for MEDIA shark events precede... very well could be coincidence I suppose .. Terrifying... Terrifying ...what could be more terrifying than a shark attack ?.. what better way to get us to focus on the fact that we are bodies that can be ripped apart... ?

I am of the personal belief that we are actually spirit.. immortal... but I do forget this fact often ,,, especially when terrified... I truly believe that what terrifies THEM .. the powers that be... is that we could possibly wake up to that fact.... (but thats another topic) ;)
hoi.polloi

Egypt Revolution

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29NffzEh2b0

This is an interesting 'take' on the Western media's (non-)coverage of the events in Egypt.

What is actually going on? I cannot say, not being there myself. But this video is a pretty entertaining argument against American news stations humming and hawing.
warriorhun

Re: Egypt Revolution

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear All,

Fake sharks eating vicsims in Egypt before the glorious "democratic revolution"? :D

Sorry I can not help myself (warning, speculation). This is what is happening in the Middle East, Egypt included:
1. Wikileaks (=Mossad with US blessing) leak incites "democratic revolution" in Tunisia
2. MSM projects the images to the masses of the arabic dictatorships to copy-cat, to bring down the regimes one-by-one(with a bit of help from agent provocateurs from a certain Middle-Eastern country) and have more "democratic revolutions"
3. A Crescent of Arabic Democracy is born.

This is the same Crescent of Arabic Democracy plan from 2003, when the toppling of Saddam (with US help) and the new "iraqi democracy" should have been copy-catted by the masses of the arabic dictatorships one-by-one the same way-but "iraqi democracy" turned out non-exportable. Old plan, new approach, result now guaranteed.
warriorhun

Dear All,

First video from Egypt, courtesy of my favourite fakery group, AP/Associated Press:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XnhHzs9 ... detailpage
The sounds and behaviour around the shooting scene in the beginning to your noble attentions.

The second video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 36kIHrSa1I
Pro-and anti-Mubarak sims beating each other up on the streets? You tell me.
hoi.polloi

Nice.

Three comments from me on this ...

1. How the fuck can the al Jazeera guy say "violence and hate erupted" when commenting on the image of someone getting punched in the head by a mob, in a day and age where "violence and hate erupting" can be a cluster bomb shredding a hundred innocent children to pieces? It seems a bit rhetorical to take clips of punching and turn it into the most horrible event ever. Ever seen a bar fight? It's not pretty either, but it doesn't disrupt society on the scale that war and propaganda do. I am sure for that fellow getting punched, 'violence and hate' erupted his whole world indeed and that is horrible, but honestly these terms can lose meaning quickly when the news people throw them about just to get attention.

2. Have we so soon forgotten the mass computer-generated crowds of Lord of the Rings and the potential for faking specific events within even as large a 'revolution' as this? Warriorhun reminds us that it's a good idea to be skeptical of all this footage of revolution - even enormous crowd scenes. As we learned from 9/11, the propaganda companies want to spin everything that they cannot outright control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FimkptxIk (lord of the rings digital horses in crowds)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n037Qpm7vWA (this lord of the rings massive crowd scene seems to be about the level of horrible compression that al Jazeera is using to capture the Egypt crowds :P )

3. Who the heck knows what is going on unless we are there!? Al Jazeera is obviously as controlled and financially dependent on its rich benefactors as any TV station in the U.S.A. -- perhaps those benefactors are at every level of control. They populate the political parties of the U.S.A., the people and the news companies.

It's a joke that the cover of Newsweek should say the age of the despot is over when they themselves are a despotic for-profit bullshit-generating company. Whatever is going on in the world right now, we can depend on the news organizations all over to retain a calm and rational, dispassionate and absolutely disengaged and stupid view of the matter. After all, they have interests to upkeep. Money to protect from the average person.

From my completely ignorant viewpoint, I don't see a problem with the concept that Egypt wants a revolution, even as the media try to contain and/or manipulate the imagery. Do people want revolution? It seems they do. Let it happen. And let's see where it goes. If it's another 'problem-reaction-solution' thing created by the powers that be, okay. So what?

If it's going to result in 'reaction-solution' from the powers that be as a response to the 'problem' of a populous uprising, so be it. We know that's what the rich want to do. It's clear enough from their inability to speak the truth to anyone's face - probably even their own wives and husbands - that we should pity them rather than fear them. Okay, that's my little rant.

Let's figure out what's actually going on in Egypt, if possible. Anybody know anybody there?
warriorhun

Dear hoi polloi,

As I claimed:
2. MSM projects the images to the masses of the arabic dictatorships to copy-cat, to bring down the regimes one-by-one(with a bit of help from agent provocateurs from a certain Middle-Eastern country) and have more "democratic revolutions"
I think faked CGI crowds erupting in sim-on-sim violence would be perfectly fitting in here. The important thing would be, will the images be powerful enough so new and new arabic country peoples join in the fun?
Of course, there may have been real crowds of totally legit people on the streets, demonstrating. The important thing would be something to happen in each country of which the locals are aware so they can build the next fakery on it. I find very suspicious and possibly connected the bombing of the Copt church in Egypt not so long ago. Maybe they were testing Egyptian mass reactions on fake images of violent nature?
Yeah, whatever can happen on the ground. Maybe all demonstrators were shot on the first day who believed in the imagery. The locals may tell, yeah. But whatever will be the outcome, it will be not the first country in history where everybody is happy, rich, and equal. And I would not call something "revolution" where the first guy goes to exile, and the next people in line are the new "democratic" leaders.
Maybe too early a conclusion (really a speculation), but I think: something is happening there which we do not see on TV, and what we do see on TV is not happening.
But I am open for discussion...
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Yeah, I don't think the imagery coming from Egypt is fake.

Maybe there is some manipulation but I believe the protests are really happening. A whole another discourse is whether the protests were really initiated by the people, or rather this is another "orange revolution" controlled/started from abroad, knowing already full well what the outcome is going to be (a new more trustworthy, more zionist, "modern", globalist government).

Anyway, the reason I believe the imagery is real is that there is just too much of it.
Too many videos (certainly not just the two posted by warriorhun!) and more much more pictures. Thousands of them, of all sorts.
( only yesterday: https://picasaweb.google.com/dharmawork ... ptFeb82011# )

Just as an example, compare it with the imagery of the other event we are discussing these days, flight 1549. There are only two or three pictures of the plane in waters with people around it, and that's it. No matter how hard you search the internet for it. That kind of sloppy laziness is the clear sign of fakery...
warriorhun

Dear nonhocapito,

I am not saying there are no riots in Egypt. Of course there are.
I am not saying the participants on the streets are not totally legit, outraged everyday Egyptians. Of course they are.
I am not saying that the rioters are not recording with cell phones, and the Egyptian TV is not recourding all they can. Of course they are recording.

I just wanted to add two things.
1. Revolutions do not just start that people by the thousands decide, let us make a revolution right now. There are always people who provoke it in a sense. In 1848 Budapest, it was Petőfi the poet with his friends and his famous poem and 12 points. In 1956 it was rumours spread that the ÁVÓ is shooting students at the Rádió (they did not shoot at that time yet) plus the Gerő speech, plus lorries driving around handing out arms. So in my opinion, the provocation here can be foreign agents plus media images from foreign countries (and the first provocation was wikileaks leaks in Tunisia).

2. I think, the images on international TV-s in this case are not simply about informing the world on what is happening (well, that is not the task of the media in general, that is my personal opinion by the way). I think the images are used to incite the wish to copy in the other arabic dictatorships. If images of what is happening on the ground will not fit that criteria, it is logical that they will alter and fake images to incite the necessary mass reactions in the other arabic countries. (The message: do it, riot, easy, you will win. Real aim: give a pretext and alibi to carry out political changes).

That would explain the second video I posted, in which I think the riot scenes are outright fakery with CGI sims. In the first video, the sound effect of the shooting, plus the people's behaviour (staying bravely to help, daring the police to shoot again, instead of getting the hell out of the area), for me, is suspicious again of fakery. It is possible that all other videos are legit, but the existence of this two I think gives us reason to pay attention.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

warriorhun wrote:I think, the images on international TV-s in this case are not simply about informing the world on what is happening (well, that is not the task of the media in general, that is my personal opinion by the way). I think the images are used to incite the wish to copy in the other arabic dictatorships. If images of what is happening on the ground will not fit that criteria, it is logical that they will alter and fake images to incite the necessary mass reactions in the other arabic countries. (The message: do it, riot, easy, you will win. Real aim: give a pretext and alibi to carry out political changes).

That would explain the second video I posted, in which I think the riot scenes are outright fakery with CGI sims. In the first video, the sound effect of the shooting, plus the people's behaviour (staying bravely to help, daring the police to shoot again, instead of getting the hell out of the area), for me, is suspicious again of fakery. It is possible that all other videos are legit, but the existence of this two I think gives us reason to pay attention.
hmm, OK but it is not that easy. You would not only have to have faked imagery, you would also need Egyptian authorities to react publicly to that fake imagery. To comment it and explain it. Why would they play along, if their purpose is to show that Mubarak is in fact holding?

So far I am not sure about those videos being faked. Yes the imagery is very pixelated here and there and yes the protesters really look brave and in control of the streets.

But it is equally possible that these images are real: here and there protesters have been in control, and these young people here and there have been very brave (not being soft as the western northern folks yet), and the media have received a lot of pixelated clips: but the real story is a much wider one, that could show other parts, like safe streets, or police in control, or coward crowds, or peaceful protesters: but decides to focus on a certain angle - maybe for the reason you just said.

Keep in mind that this always happens during protests. It is the "black-bloc" strategy that serves so well within the EU, and that wants every march to always "degenerate" into clashes, pillaging and outright destruction, making the point of the peaceful protesters muuch weaker. This just happened two days ago in Italy, when a bunch of protesters went in front of Berlusconi's villa out of Milan, and after a while "anarchists" started rioting and destroying everything, so that the media could sell a story of isolated unreasonable violence rather than mass protest and political opposition.
hoi.polloi

My intuition, whatever that is worth, is that the propaganda team is too overwhelmed to create enough digital imagery to contain this activity, which is why they are instead commenting on it and fake-chastising themselves in the media for not having an organized message against it. The revolution is what they wanted. By appearing calm on the surface, people like Kissinger can make themselves feel more in power and claim they initiated the entire event. Or, we might take the position that the self-chastisement is a plan to make the media seem 'taken by surprise' and that they need time to 'organize their opinion leaders'.

It all seems too convenient that such a crazy event should begin in 2011 in the Middle East and then the media acts helplessly paralyzed when they are perfectly contented to tell us what to think the rest of the goddamned time they have their talking heads yapping at us. Why now so suspiciously slow?

To me, it's clearly either an act and the media is confident that things are going according to 'plan' - or they are genuinely confused (rather unlikely, and if they were, would they admit it?)

Usually, the truth is somewhere in the middle, closer to what the Zionists fear and slightly further from what they wish. Perhaps they had some hand in it, or saw that it could be coming, or - more likely - funded 'volunteers' and 'grassroots' people in strategic groups in order to be at the forefront of whatever was about to happen - but that kind of improvising will turn around very quickly since they have had a lot of experience controlling world events. At first, it seems like willful chaos, but in time perhaps they will work it into a 'plot' that either was on the backburner or was specifically related to this event in the first place.

People moving energetically can be herded into a political machine and the swivel-chair generals at the CFR and other racist organizations will do just that when they can. Their strategy is to sneak into the scene unheard and unseen as usual while loudly belting out the message through their propaganda, 'Oh heaven! How can anyone ever control such chaos and madness?'

It is always disturbing to see a general lack of optimism and creative thinking during these events when the media comments in the way that they do how they imagine it will all be 'contained' or how it will all 'end up' as if they are supposed to be qualified to decide what millions of people want. But that's their problem-reaction-solution bit.

Problem: we are your opinion leaders and we don't know what to do.
Reaction: panic and fear and wait for us to 'make up our minds' (as if we haven't already decided to fuck you all over again and take more for ourselves, AS USUAL)
Solution: here is our solution. take it or you're an enemy of the state.

Blah. My 2 cents in this case.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Beats me what is going on in Egypt. I don't think anything like this happens without the prior approval of, and initiation by, the US, since we've paid Egypt billions of aid over the last 30 years.

I recently saw an article theorizing that all revolutions are initiated/controlled by some government, and never occur spontaneously by 'people power'. I found it convincing, and now can't find it, even on my own blog. Maybe I only posted it on Facebook.

The crowd shots? I keep coming back to this.
"Tea party" photo shows huge crowd — at different event

Monday, September 14th, 2009

Bloggers said this photo showed a gargantuan crowd at Saturday's "tea party" protest. But it apparently was taken in 1997 at a Promise Keepers rally.

In the competitive world of Washington protests, crowd size is often a matter of dispute. Organizers usually boast of huge crowds, while police and the news media offer much smaller estimates.

So supporters of Saturday’s “tea party” protests against President Barack Obama were quick to highlight their big turnout. To bolster countless claims on blogs and Facebook, many posted a photograph that showed a gargantuan crowd sprawling from Capitol Hill down the National Mall to the Washington Monument.

But it turns out the photo is more than 10 years old, apparently taken during a 1997 Promise Keepers rally.

On Saturday, estimates about the crowd spread quickly through the conservative blogosphere. Many writers, including author Michelle Malkin, pegged the number of people between 1 million and 2 million. Those reports were largely based on information from people in the crowd.
Pete Piringer, public affairs officer for the D.C. Fire and Emergency Department, said the local government no longer provides official crowd estimates because they can become politicized. But the day of the rally, Piringer unofficially told one reporter that he thought between 60,000 and 75,000 people had shown up.
There’s another problem with the photograph: It doesn’t include the National Museum of the American Indian, a building located at the corner of Fourth Street and Independence Avenue that opened on Sept. 14, 2004. (Looking at the photograph, the building should be in the upper right hand corner of the National Mall, next to the Air and Space Museum.) That means the picture was taken before the museum opened exactly five years ago. So clearly the photo doesn’t show the “tea party” crowd from the Sept. 12 protest.

Also worth noting are the cranes in front of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. According to Randall Kremer, the museum’s director of public affairs, “The last time cranes were in front was in the 1990s when the IMAX theater was being built.”

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ent-event/
warriorhun

Dear nonhocapito,

You say
yes the protesters really look brave and in control of the streets...
But it is equally possible that these images are real: here and there protesters have been in control, and these young people here and there have been very brave (not being soft as the western northern folks yet
I think we may agree that the 1956 Budapest revolutionnaires were no soft pussies. Compared to the first video's "brave youths daring bullets", this is how the un-armed crowds behaved when the bullets started flying:
Everybody is running as fast as they can, wishing they had Nike footwear. Un-armed crowd controls fuck-all in face of armed enemy.
And this remains after the shooting:
Nobody is loitering to help their shot mates.
you say
Keep in mind that this always happens during protests. It is the "black-bloc" strategy that serves so well within the EU, and that wants every march to always "degenerate" into clashes, pillaging and outright destruction, making the point of the peaceful protesters muuch weaker. This just happened two days ago in Italy, when a bunch of protesters went in front of Berlusconi's villa out of Milan, and after a while "anarchists" started rioting and destroying everything, so that the media could sell a story of isolated unreasonable violence rather than mass protest and political opposition.
I say: I did notice the Media does all they can to picture violent protesters as bad guys, while peacefully protesting crowds as good guys. No wonder, this is what media manipulation is about. Tell me when was the last time when a peacefully protesting crowd achieved anything against even average thieving politicians, let alone killers. The peacefully protesting big crowd will get bored sooner or later and go home, you may ignore it from the power's point of view. Let them be a million, who cares?
But when violence comes-maybe it will not achieve a thing, but chances get even-that may make the regime pay attention, and if the people get arms, they may achieve something.
And after the crowd was shot at, they will not continue to protest peacefully, they do this instead:
And this.

This is how a real revolution looks like. Compare it to the Egypt imagery.
warriorhun

Dear nonhocapito,

This is part 2 of my previous post.
you say:
You would not only have to have faked imagery, you would also need Egyptian authorities to react publicly to that fake imagery. To comment it and explain it. Why would they play along, if their purpose is to show that Mubarak is in fact holding?
I say, a succesful revolution is called a putsch. In 1917 Lenin took power, not the workers councils. In 1956 it was Nagy Imre and the revisionist communists, not the fighters from the Corvin-köz.
Or Romania 1989. It was Iliescu who got the power, not the people of Temesvár. More to the point, after Ceausescu died, for a month, "rouge pro-Ceausescu Securitate terrorists" were "committing attacks" in the country, and the Romanian Media played along. Army tanks "machinegunned" these "terrorists" with blank shots in Bukarest, live on TV.
So, in all these revolutions, always the second line of politicians of the ruling regime came to power. I bet the young bloods in Egyptian army and politics, just can not wait for Mubarak and the elders to fuck off, so they can take over those plush Mercedeses and villas. In the name of the people, of course, you see, as a proof that the democratic revolution won. It is worth it to accept the Israeli help and be friendly in exchange, isn't it, and the media pals will understand their duties I think. And even in Tunisia, the second line of the ruling party set up the new democratic government.
warriorhun

Dear hoi polloi,

you say:
It all seems too convenient that such a crazy event should begin in 2011 in the Middle East and then the media acts helplessly paralyzed when they are perfectly contented to tell us what to think the rest of the goddamned time they have their talking heads yapping at us. Why now so suspiciously slow?
I say, they are not in an easy position. They have to:
1. Project images of democratic revolution to the other arabic dictatorships so the people there will copy-cat and start up their own
2. Project images for the West, so people will think this is a democratic revolution
3. But on the ground, there is everything happening but a democratic revolution, it is a putsch with israeli backing.
A bit of catch-22 isn't it?

So, so far, I stand by my Crescent of Arabic Democracy-plan theory.
Also by my Media faking/altering Egyptian reality theory.
And also, by my Mossad-interference/provocation theory.

One of the provokers of the "democratic revolution" is this guy, Wael Ghonim, a Google Executive, no less!:
An interview and video with him on this link: http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/ar ... rotesters/

And, just to be sure who is behind the scenes, it is enough to say that they could not leave out the feminist angle, they must push the feminist issue on those traditionist Arabs:
The other provoker of the democratic revolution is this girl, the "Thomas Jefferson of Egypt", no less:
Article and video here: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/02/06 ... a-mahfouz/
hoi.polloi

an administrator to a Facebook page used to organize Egypt’s unprecedented pro-democracy uprising
Puke. Amy Goodman with her 'Democracy Now' bullshit opining on the media that this revolution belongs to the 'Internet youth' whatever kind of out-of-touch phrase that is. <_<

Nice find, man. Google! Facebook! Why, it sounds like a real non-corporate, non-CIA involved revolution alright. hahahahaha yeah right.

I think you are right to be suspicious of all this warriorhun and I think if they had their way, the Zionists would try to reproduce something like this in the USA or UK because mobilized people can be more controlled than people sitting on their asses 'having a laff at the telly' or whatever.

Although TV hypnotizes our brains, we can still *pretend* we care about the bullies, as opposed to when they get their guns out and everyone loses just so a tier of the rich can play musical chairs at the expense of peace and order.

More and more it seems the only true revolution is to seek a life well lived in one's own community.