Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
anonjedi2

Re: Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

I appreciate your skepticism, brianv. The photos were sent to me by my brother who spent a week or so in Egypt and another week in Istanbul last month. I don't know what kind of camera he used but it was nothing fancy, just a standard point and click. I downloaded the photos from the e-mail he sent me and posted them to photobucket. You are free to believe they are faked photos if you like, I have no reason to believe that they are. Regarding the military helicopter, I guess I don't know for sure that there is a military helicopter there, that is just an assumption on my part based on the video he shot. What else would they be looking at?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

anonjedi2 wrote:I appreciate your skepticism, brianv. The photos were sent to me by my brother who spent a week or so in Egypt and another week in Istanbul last month. I don't know what kind of camera he used but it was nothing fancy, just a standard point and click. I downloaded the photos from the e-mail he sent me and posted them to photobucket. You are free to believe they are faked photos if you like, I have no reason to believe that they are.
You don't appreciate my scepticism! Why do they look like photos from a web site? Compressed and their EXIF stripped? Why aren't they full size? Don't give me that fancy camera bollox, my phone takes better shots than those and it has EXIF. Now it's your brother in Instant Bull. Somebody sent you some images from a website!

"Regarding the military helicopter, I guess I don't know for sure that there is a military helicopter there, that is just an assumption on my part based on the video he shot. What else would they be looking at?"

That is some jump of imagination on your part!

FOOTBALL ON A BIG SCREEN DUH.
anonjedi2

I explained to you that I uploaded them to photobucket, perhaps that's why they are compressed. Would you like me to e-mail the original images to you? I'm happy to do so if you want to view them that way. I have no idea why there is no EXIF data and do not know how to look for EXIF data myself. If you want to believe that there is a giant screen broadcasting a football game, hovering directly above the crowd at a near 80-90 degree angle, be my guest! :rolleyes:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

anonjedi2 wrote:I explained to you that I uploaded them to photobucket, perhaps that's why they are compressed. Would you like me to e-mail the original images to you? I'm happy to do so if you want to view them that way. I have no idea why there is no EXIF data and do not know how to look for EXIF data myself. If you want to believe that there is a giant screen broadcasting a football game, hovering directly above the crowd at a near 80-90 degree angle, be my guest! :rolleyes:
Photobucket doesn't compress photos! EXIF is on every camera and phone by default, so somebody willfully removed it. If you want to believe they're looking at a "military helicopter' that's entirely up to you! How high is it - 100 ft? 1000ft? :wacko:

And your brother, on holiday in Egypt, despite the travel warnings I'm sure, went into the middle of a protest to take some crap photos of nothing?? What do you take us for?
anonjedi2

Yes, my brother delayed his trip by one week when the protests began and then went to Egypt and was met by family members there. After 5 days of not being able to do much, he decided to fly to Istanbul for 5 days and then back to Egypt for another 5 days afterwards. Again, I am happy to forward you the e-mail he sent along with his account if you like. If you don't want to believe that these images are real, that's fine with me!
anonjedi2

brianv,

The original image of the crowd looking up at the object you assume to be a giant screen broadcasting a football game (I challenge you to provide proof of such screen anywhere in Cairo) in the e-mail is 2071K. When I download the photobucket to my desktop, it shows up as 86K.

A quick Google search for whether or not Photobucket compresses images upon upload yields the following explanation:
Photobucket automatically shrinks all images to a size of 1024x768 pixels unless you go hunting for upload options. Photobucket does differ from some of the other services in its upload process, however: while images are limited to 5MB in size, the service will never reject uploading an image. It will simply shrink it.
http://www.tested.com/tech/photography/ ... -compared/

I hope this answers your questions and again, I'm happy to send you the original images if you like.
anonjedi2

Here you go, brianv. Here is a screenshot from my desktop of the original image and associated info. It looks like he took it with his iPhone. I hope this information is sufficient for you. If not, I'm happy to send them to you via e-mail or some other method.

anonjedi2

brianv wrote:Photobucket doesn't compress photos! EXIF is on every camera and phone by default, so somebody willfully removed it.
Just for further confirmation, here is the explanation from Photobucket's support page:
Why are originals so great?

To understand this, you need to understand what originals are, and how they are stored on our site. Your original photos are your photos in their original state when uploaded from your PC/Phone/Camera, without any resizing or compression done to them. Previous Pro account holders were able to upload their high resolution photos, and they would be stored on the site for accessing at any time, and their web-size copies created would be larger than allowed for the free users.

With your originals always stored for all users on Photobucket, you will always have those memories available to download and view whenever you'd like, in their original unaltered state. Preservation of those memories is the heart of what we're about here at Photobucket.

Originals on the New Photobucket - Your original size photos (up to 20MBs) will now be stored for all users on the new site. Web-size copies of the originals will still be created, and those will be the images you are allowed to edit, and link out to other sites. Original size images are only available for downloading. You cannot edit or link out the original size images.
http://support.photobucket.com/entries/ ... hotobucket
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

NO - YOU ARE NOT GETTING MY EMAIL ADDRESS!

You do a good line in bullshit!

Can you prove these images are legitimate? They fail ELA, in my opinion, and they have been stripped of EXIF data!
Can you prove there was a helicopter in the sky? Can you hear it? So fucking what if there was a helicopter? Oh look a helicopter, let's go into rapture and wave these here flags! Fuck off!
anonjedi2

brianv wrote:NO - YOU ARE NOT GETTING MY EMAIL ADDRESS!

You do a good line in bullshit!

Can you prove these images are legitimate? They fail ELA, in my opinion, and they have been stripped of EXIF data!
Can you prove there was a helicopter in the sky? Can you hear it? So fucking what if there was a helicopter? Oh look a helicopter, let's go into rapture and wave these here flags! Fuck off!
Your anger and contempt are amusing and unfortunate at the same time. Your paranoia is unparalleled and you're also very rude. Can I prove these images are legitimate? Of course I can't and you know that I can't. Can you take some photos on your phone of cars driving by in your neighborhood and upload them and prove that they are legitimate? No, you can't. They fail ELA in your opinion. You are entitled to that opinion, nobody is taking that away from you. I don't put as much weight on ELA's accuracy as you do, that doesn't make you right about anything. Have they been stripped of EXIF data? I certainly doubt it. You haven't seen the original images so how can you determine such a thing?

Can I prove there was a helicopter in the sky? Of course not. My brother has a video of the crowd shining green lasers on the helicopter as it flew by but is that proof? Of course it's not. It will come down to your opinion on whether or not the video is legitimate and you are certainly entitled to it. Since it comes from my brother, my opinion will likely differ from yours as his first hand account will naturally hold more weight for me than it would for you (since you don't know either of us).

Now, onto your previous assertion that Photobucket does not compress images. I have shown you from their own website that they do compress images. This has sufficiently answered some of the questions/concerns you had previously (why are they small, why do they look like they come from a website, photobucket doesn't compress images, etc). Rather than acknowledge my answer to your question you are shouting and screaming about .EXIF data being deliberately wiped, when you haven't even examined the original images.

Additionally, I have shown you a screenshot of the original image so that you can see its original size and details. I have proven to you that Photobucket compresses images and that the version you are looking at is a greatly compressed 86K version.

Frankly, I don't care whether you believe they are real or not and contrary to what you think I actually do appreciate your skepticism and respect your work on this forum. So, brianv ... would you like to examine the photos for yourself? Should I upload them to sendspace and place the link here? How would you like to proceed on this matter?
Last edited by anonjedi2 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

[quote="anonjedi2"][/quote]

Nobody is screaming you asswipe! Nor am I paranoid, nor amusing, nor rude, well maybe maybe a bit rude.

I simply don't believe you or your alleged brother. And don't use my fucking name again!
anonjedi2

Wonderful! I simply don't care what you believe or don't believe!
Pug

Unread post by Pug »

Hi guys,

So, SKY NEWS are reporting one of their cameramen - Mick Deane - has been shot and killed in Egypt.

http://news.sky.com/story/1128530/sky-n ... d-in-egypt

Mick had worked for Sky for 15 years, based in Washington and then Jerusalem.

He was part of our team covering the violence in Cairo. The rest of the team are unhurt.

The Head of Sky News John Ryley described Mick as the very best of cameramen, a brilliant journalist and an inspiring mentor to many at Sky. Sky's foreign affairs editor Tim Marshall called Mick "a friend, brave as a lion but what a heart… what a human being".

He added: "Micky was humorous in a dry way, he was wise and when you're on the road with small teams, people like that are diamonds to be with. "Our hearts go out to his family. He died doing what he'd done so brilliantly for decades."

Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "I am saddened to hear of the death of cameraman Mick Deane, covering Egyptian violence.

"My thoughts are with his family and the Sky News team."

<_<
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Here is the News! Today the News is about the News and the people who make the News. And now for the latest news from our Newsteam in Cairo where one of our News people got killed.

That's interesting Pug. Cheers.

Brave. Hearts and diamonds. :puke:

"jedi's" brother walks around with impunity snapping people...well sort of, a seasoned " conflict zone" cameraman gets killed.