FUKUSHIMA nuke/tsunami scare 11-03-11

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
Tufa

FUKUSHIMA nuke/tsunami scare 11-03-11

Unread post by Tufa »

I make a tape copy of a newsfeed, in case we need it later ...
Kindly post an e-mail, in a personal message, if you need a copy.

[EDIT 2011-05-24] A torrent copy is at TPB 6418374
Last edited by Tufa on Tue May 24, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tufa

Re: Japan Earthquake 11-03-11

Unread post by Tufa »

Pic: http://i53.tinypic.com/2uh2yjt.jpg
No, it is not all like this..
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I have a friend who lives there and suffered the effects of the Earthquake. For what it's worth, I believe he was genuinely terrified - saying it was the largest one he felt personally in 20 years.

We know how to artificially induce earthquakes too (such as the water pumping, and some speculate Tesla technology), but in this case, I don't know what reason they would have for it to be fake.
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

I'm listening to a second hand report which seems quite unbelievable. Unfortunately it's CNN live stream, so I can't copy it, but basically she's reporting that her friend felt the earthquake and then the tsunami hit and people were floating by but he had scratched his feet on broken glass and this slowed him down and he hung on to something......blah, blah blah. Totally not credible. Is it possible????
hoi.polloi

I'm being told by excitable persons that the tsunami washed afloat large ships.

So I think if we could look for evidence of that, we'd have some evidence of people being thrown in the manner CNN describes.

Through all of this, we must keep in mind there are bound to be some exaggerations and dramatizations. It's profitable.

On the other hand, there could genuinely be a horrible tragedy right now. Don't panic. It's not the end of the world. B)
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

Wolf Blitzer is saying now that 'once daylight comes we can assess the damage.' Did the earthquake hit at night? How did we get the tsunami photos?
hoi.polloi

Good questions. Sorry, trying to do the math ... Argh. I'm bad at this without thinking way too hard about it.

I think the official time was in the afternoon. If it was about ... 5pm Japan time (Tokyo +900) then it would be 14 hours difference with New York maybe - meaning NYC would hear of it an hour later? Let's make it 15 hours difference then.

5pm - 15hrs = news imagery arrives at NYC 2am?

There also seem to be some night photos of things on fire. So now it's 3am in Japan ... in a few hours we should be able to get some more official visual reports. Though of course we know they could just computer animate some stuff, I don't know why they'd bother unless they are going to scramble to use this opportunity to do some "cover up" work. But then - cover up of what?

I don't feel very suspicious about this event, really. They might use it to rehearse their ability to merge fake and real on the fly, though. Remember the weird Iceland volcano eruptions last year?
Last edited by hoi.polloi on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Fuzzy Rumsfeld math
gwynned

Unread post by gwynned »

Here's some interesting footage. Notice the tsunami rolling across some rice fields. Looks strange to me. Then at the end, there's a dock and a guy slowly moving away from the water. Why isn't he running?

And here's the info from the USGS.....

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... es_big.php

The after shocks are unusually large. Not sure what to think but thought I'd post it in case anyone was more familar with earthquake patterns.
hoi.polloi

Oh, so according to that, the 9 level quake was at 02:46:23 PM "at epicenter" meaning it was indeed the afternoon though I estimated 2 hours later. Actually not a bad estimate for the majority of the quakes happened later in the afternoon .... no, actually they keep happening. Looks like it's remaining a steady 5 according to this source. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... 001xgp.php

Interesting. They're still occurring.

Well, that JPG Tufa posted looks mighty funny. Maybe they are practicing their ability to mix "fake" and "real" on the fly so that they can develop their software to be able to insert fake events into any scenario. That actually kind of makes sense.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

hoi.polloi wrote:I'm being told by excitable persons that the tsunami washed afloat large ships.
(...)
Through all of this, we must keep in mind there are bound to be some exaggerations and dramatizations. It's profitable.
Dear Hoi,

I'd like to submit a few images which have me scratching my head. Heaven knows I would have preferred NOT to do this, but as you know, my twisted mind is haunted by a manic-compulsive need for answers - whenever any questions arise inside it... Therefore, and as our friend Warriorhun would say, I am submitting to your (and everyone's) noble attention these few pics and gifs.

Btw, I woke up to this morning thinking about adding a 'birthday post' in the Madrid M11 thread - since it's the 7th anniversary of that infamous psyop. Before hearing about the Japan earthquake/tsunami, I bumped into an Italian article which said March 11 has been declared by the European union "the Europen Day of the Victims of Terrorism". Soon, however, I was watching the first reports from Japan...On the live BBc stream the first comment I heard (from a BBC talking head) went a bit like this: " There has been some speculation about the fact this was an earthquake or not, but we now have an American witness on the phone who will tell us....bla-bla-bla..." Now don't get me wrong, my questions have nothing to do with whether the earth trembled or not in Japan. I'm sure it did. My questions have to do with - once again - the spectacular imagery depicting these (ever-more frequent) "natural" disasters of late. So as you mentioned 'ships washed afloat", here's my first proposal for discussion:

Here we have a pretty large boat/ship being washed ashore...or rather, being carried over farm land by the tsunami-wave:
Now, my questions are: 1) Does that ship have no keel? If so, how deep is the water it is floating on? 2) How can it possibly drift as fast as the edge of the waterfront itself? I'd understand if the ship had been knocked over (once the brunt of the wave hit it) - as is usually the case. But this???

Here's another clip with the same ship. It evidently keeps the same pace as the waterfront - even as it reaches plowed farm land. Again: How deep is the water patch it's floating on - and what forces make it swivel around as if it were an inflatable dinghy?
I guess those fires burning fiercely on the water are petrol patches? Ignited by the tsunami wave? :blink:

Now, here's are 2 looped frames extracted from this other spectacular video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qioNZpVglm8
Evidently, some cars drift faster than others. I'll try to keep that in mind next time I buy a car - for my own safety...

Lastly - BUT NOT LEASTLY by any means, take a look at this: in only 37 seconds (the video features no cuts) the water level seems to raise by an extraordinary rate ! I have, admittedly, never witnessed a tsunami myself - but all this doesn't look quite right to me...
hoi.polloi

The boat seems a little funny - like it's an unmanned invasion vessel from the land of fakery leading the charge.

Actually the thing that bothers me the most in that GIF is the cascading garbage/debris that looks like a patchwork blanket. The fires are a bit comical too, but ... er ... could be?? haha, it's hard to say these days. Looks extraordinarily fake-able, though.

However, I can "explain" (to myself, and nobody else, I understand) the ??? line in the rushing water GIF - it's meant to be the reflection of the building there and the bursts of steam aren't bright enough to reflect into the water? Duh... I don't know, actually. This seems plausible but I'd like to try it with a camera myself.

Cars do indeed sink into the water that way, but I have a question about many of them looking so similarly and oddly. Would it actually appear that way? Hmm. It seems someone was really proud that they predicted "floating cars" so they added it to the sim and went a little overboard with it. On the other hand, I have been to Japan and they really do have a severe lack of diversity in their car population.

Perhaps most troubling is the news' apparent tendency to zoom for miles rather than actually approach the scene with a decent camera. If it isn't fake, they could easily blend fakery we saw on 9/11 into "real" scenes that looked like this and we wouldn't know the difference. I think warriorhun is right - they are stylizing everything to the simulation so that it is easier to make a seamless addition that has been completely fabricated in a studio.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Ok - thanks for your explanation of the ???-line. I humbly removed it so as to concentrate on the more relevant questions.
As to your quote "On the other hand, I have been to Japan and they really do have a severe lack of diversity in their car population." - that was funny ! I'm sure you meant it to be... :lol:
One question you didn't tackle though, Hoi: what of that river-level raising dramatically in only 37 seconds? :huh:
regex
Banned

Unread post by regex »

simonshack wrote: Here we have a pretty large boat/ship being washed ashore...or rather, being carried over farm land by the tsunami-wave:
Now, my questions are: 1) Does that ship have no keel? If so, how deep is the water it is floating on? 2) How can it possibly drift as fast as the edge of the waterfront itself? I'd understand if the ship had been knocked over (once the brunt of the wave hit it) - as is usually the case. But this???
Due to my lack of "scientific" english I can't explain this matter at this point. I have an idea though how this could be possible and I'll try to explain it tomorrow.
Now, here's are 2 looped frames extracted from this spectacular video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qioNZpVglm8
Evidently, some cars drift faster than others. I'll try to keep that in mind next time I buy a car - for my own safety...
Different streams cause different speeds. Furthermore, the air inside the cars and the cars weight of course also affect the speed. Also we can't see whats in the water. It's possible that there is much rubbish blocking some cars. Doesn't look that strange to me.

Lastly - BUT NOT LEASTLY by any means, take a look at this: in only 37 seconds (the video features no cuts) the water level seems to raise by an extraordinary rate ! I have, admittedly, never witnessed a tsunami myself - but all this doesn't look quite right to me...
Hm, I think we can't imagine how big the energies of those tsunamies are. They move a gigantic mass of water and other rubbish.
As far as I can see on this picture, the water is literally "sucked" to the bridge due to the difference of the height (left and right)

I don't know if you guys saw this huge whirlpool.
Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylz3NW3zNRA

In case this is real, it's really fascinating.
hoi.polloi

What's also fascinating is YouTube's way of relating videos. On the one hand you have alleged disaster footage, and on the "Related Videos" you have this video of a whitehouse meeting where CEOs of some corporations essentially say, "yes, we own the government and we can run it better than people can." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gqQZaw4FLo)

My comment on your YouTube hypno-spiral news video. If you get my "drift" nyuck nyuck. :P

I don't have an explanation for the tonnage of water streaming by the bridge (that's apparently still open and cars are driving on it? that's awfully unbureaucratic - cool!) but I'm sure any one of us could devise a so-called rational explanation for any number of strange attention-getters in this footage. I don't doubt you will come up with something really especially boring and mainstream, since you also seem content to explain away any fakery you can, regex, whenever you get a chance to. In that case it comes down to your "We can't pinpoint precisely how this is constructed in a studio, so let's assume the footage is untampered with and honest." vs. our "We don't know the source of this so it isn't really all that trustworthy, even if any aspect of it is real." No matter what kind of excuses we can come up with for any of this being real, we simply must presume there is the possibility that any amount of it is not. I think that's a safe right to give everyone in this age of media fakery. Your contributions in general seem to almost always be a little useless and old-hat, regex, but I guess in the interest of fairness and non-alarmism we should allow you to comment on some things in your monotonous "everything is nominal" voice. Just in case it is.

So go ahead. Don't let any of our questions stand without you applying the Fox News treatment. Knock 'em down, regex. Give us faith in our media again! Assure us it all is perfectly alright! haha
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

http://i53.tinypic.com/2uh2yjt.jpg

Is this supposed to be the nuclear power station?