The Many Things That Make You Go Hmm . . .

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
HonestlyNow

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

kickstones wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:20 pm On the 9th day of the month we get this headline.....
99th day of the year.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: The Many Things That Make You Go Hmm . . .

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

HonestlyNow wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:24 pm
kickstones wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:20 pm On the 9th day of the month we get this headline.....
99th day of the year.
That’s a nice catch—and, it gives me a reason to revive an “oldie-but-goodie” thread from several years back. :)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Another thing that makes me go Hmmm...

Prince Philip once pronounced these words: (yup, utterly verified - NOT fake news!)

Now that the idiot has croaked, should we all be worried ? :P
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

simonshack wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:50 pmPrince Philip once pronounced these words: (yup, utterly verified - NOT fake news!)
Globalist watch dogs are now in damage control mode, claiming Prince Philip was misquoted. The exact words from his foreword to the book "If I were an animal" were:
...When I look at the shelf with all the volumes of the Red Data books listing endangered species I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus, but that is perhaps going too far. I would much rather see the human species voluntarily restrict its numbers out of consideration for the rest of the living world...
The complete quote is no less asinine and eugenicist than the summarized version. Pretending his desire to be reborn as a particularly deadly virus is "perhaps going too far" just won´t do.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Flabbergasted wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:43 pm Globalist watch dogs are now in damage control mode, claiming Prince Philip was misquoted. The exact words from his foreword to the book "If I were an animal" were:

...When I look at the shelf with all the volumes of the Red Data books listing endangered species I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus, but that is perhaps going too far. I would much rather see the human species voluntarily restrict its numbers out of consideration for the rest of the living world...
Dear Flabbergasted,

In this compilation (dated June 21, 2009) of Prince Philip quotes titled "Did I say that?" of The Guardian newspaper we can read...

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation (1988)"

Oh well, I should probably be wary of what can be read in large, historical mainstream newspapers such as The Guardian! ... -_-
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

simonshack wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:23 am"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation (1988)"
That makes it three versions so far. I wonder if it was a catchphrase he used to impress the unenlightened on social occasions. In any case, as pointed out by my better half, being reborn as a deadly virus is not a big stretch for someone who spent his whole life as a parasite.