The Age of Simulation

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
ReadyToBeDeployed

Re: The Age of Simulation

Unread post by ReadyToBeDeployed »

KingMinusHead wrote:Keeping in mind the possibility that Edward Snowden is a digitally simulated character
He is. More proof.

I select the best parts, interview here;

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ussia.html

I know you’ve tried repeatedly and creatively to get an interview with Snowden. How’s that worked out?

It’s still impossible for Russian journalists to interview Edward Snowden. It’s also impossible for foreign correspondents
based in Moscow. I tried different tactics to talk to him. We had the strange exchange of remarks in the Guardian when he commented my remark on him and I commented on his, so I tried to use this to send him a message—hey, maybe we can talk directly? It failed. When I was in New York, I tried to talk to a guy from ACLU—Ben Wizner, Snowden’s attorney—and I told him, “Okay, you are not ready to arrange a meeting in Moscow but maybe from your office in New York I can talk to Snowden in Moscow.” No answer. I also told him and other people I’d interview Snowden for my book and that this wouldn’t see daylight for seven, eight months, thinking maybe it was a timing issue. But it was the same story all the time: No, I was told. I also put some requests to Glenn Greenwald. I got no response. I thought that was strange—if it’s all about Snowden’s personal safety, why Greenwald cannot talk to Russian journalists from Brazil?

I think there is some sort of a deal with the Russian authorities. It seems Snowden insisted that he’d never be used by Russian propaganda. He never made it onto RT or other state media outlets and of course they would be happy to have him.

He tries to be completely invisible in Russia. There was a strange case a few months ago. The Russian Association of Electronic Communication, or RAEC, announced in the spring of 2014 that they’d secured an approval from Snowden to have a special Snowden prize for Internet media… So RAEC had the ceremony in December. I was there. The problem was, there was no sign of Snowden! There was not even a video message from him,just nothing.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Nice. Another gem from that article you burdened yourself with reading:
When I was in New York, I tried to talk to a guy from ACLU—Ben Wizner, Snowden’s attorney
Wiz[ard]ner is credited on ACLU's site as being Director, ACLU Speech, Privacy & Technology Project

That's quite a broad and general category cushioning the concept of a digital whistleblower like "Snowden". Funny the ACLU always seems to represent the 'liberal' side of the ultra-fascist world view. First it was digitally simulated "Muslims" with big fat augmented beards seeking justice in a world where Muslim extremist global terrorists are actually real (if only in the selfsame fantasy of the neoconservative machinations of the CFR). Now, it's protecting and shielding a fake 'freedom fighter' (or, wait — pretty much all the fakes) with the power of "law" — right. But the ACLU seems to celebrate being totally disconnected and numb to "average American" issues.

For example, there are just four comments on a recent article about protecting sim-soldier Bradley Manning's head-on-a-spear-at-the-gates-of-your-military-base.

At the top, a complaint about the ACLU not understanding a true struggle of the average American:

Anonymous
While I support Chelsea(Bradley)Mannings efforts, I do not support special treatment i.e. hormone therapy at my expense. I am 58 years old and cannot afford basic health coverage. I've worked all my life!!!
Are you there to pay my expenses for a mammagram? Get real, and fight the real battles.

Keep up a real fight, not this stupid stuff.
A complaint about the ACLU not understanding anything about prison conditions, then suggesting another possibly simulated character for America's focus:

Anonymous
Does anyone think of the mulitudes of incarcerated women and men without the basic dignity of health, dental, or spiritual care? How about when the statistics tell us they usually do'nt make it on the "outside?"

Now it's about "Chelsea" Manning and the need for Hormone therapy while incarcerated. I supported her/his acts, but suddenly do not support the ACLU on a stupid and insubstantial action.

There are more reasons for actions. Look at Mumia Abu-Jamal.
A plain old "right wing" position and endorsement of the military's Psy-Op:

ACLU member sin...
Please explain what part of the Bill of Rights was violated in Manning's trial and conviction. I don't see a role here for the ACLU. The person was entrusted with vital secrets as well as non-vital ones, and exposed them all.
And finally a generally rambling position on victimhood by gun violence, and tying it in with the general distaste for ACLU and its association with Edward Snowden.

Vicki B.

Well *I* see a role. If they're going to be so on board for Edward Snowden to not get ANY prison time, how's it going to look when someone like Bradley Manning is serving 35 years in prison for essentially doing a similar thing.
And at least Bradley Manning can control his damn temper. He didn't make any comments about wanting to kill our president, like Edward Snowden seems to have done in the interview *I* read about him.
Either the reporter hated Snowden so much he decided to lie about him or Snowden said what the reporter put into direct quotes.
I took journalism for a semester in school. There's not very many ways you can directly quote someone withOUT being sued for libel if they DIDN'T say what you quote them as saying. And since there are so many ways of getting around a libelous statement, I have a hard time believing that Edward Snowden didn't say exactly what he's quoted as saying.
His entire general demeanor supports the statement anyway.
If he apologized for saying it I might have been able to consider helping him by signing the petition. As long as he acts as if he's not the least bit sorry for saying it then I can't in good conscience help him come back here.
I do NOT take threats of gun violence lightly. I'm a victim of gun violence myself, it's why I'll be a continual "burden on society" and listening to someone wish death by gun violence on someone else brings back the memory of my own near-death experience that being shot in the back caused me.
Does anyone even like the ACLU, or are they set up to be the whipping boy?
R-Legend

Unread post by R-Legend »

At 10.43 of the John Oliver interview, Sim Snowden mutters the somewhat apt words of, 'I'm synthetic and phoney'.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

R-Legend wrote:At 10.43 of the John Oliver interview, Sim Snowden mutters the somewhat apt words of, 'I'm synthetic and phoney'.
No. The digitally altered voice of Sim Snowden actually mutters, "I'm sympathetic to the problem there ..."

Gosh, this "interview" doesn't even look real. It's all foggy and awkwardly dancing around the subject of technology and how it is used to distort information. Why doesn't Snowden ever talk about synthetic characters, in fact? Too close to home?
Ataraxia

Unread post by Ataraxia »

There's a cleaner version of the John Oliver-Edward Snowden interview on Youtube for those who like their sims in high-def. Although it's the episode itself and not the longer interview previously uploaded. Snowden walks in at 15:55

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M

One thing I noticed In this video (at 2:00 in the other one posted), when Snowden does enter, he and Oliver are never seen to physically interact. Notice the cut right at 16:00 when they're about to shake hands. John Oliver never crosses into the background area. By 16:12 they're sitting in the chairs. Isn't it crazy we're supposed to believe that he released all these documents for our safety and freedom, but then gave them to journalists to vet for us?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Ataraxia wrote:There's a cleaner version of the John Oliver-Edward Snowden interview on Youtube for those who like their sims in high-def. Although it's the episode itself and not the longer interview previously uploaded. Snowden walks in at 15:55
Which one is the sim? A question that's been burning in my mind for days. Names like "John Oliver", "Peter Joseph" etc. always get my attention. Can anybody shed some light on the "Oliver" character? Anybody else see similarities between the two? They actually look like sim cousins to me.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

I'm guessing Oliver is a real person. Anyone can get tickets to the show.

http://www.lastweektickets.com/
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Interestingly, I've just read some of his 'wikid' page and see that he is supposedly from the same suburb that I spent a large part of my childhood years growing up in.
What struck me as odd, is his 'wikid' page [I presume someone who knows h(s)im or h(s)imself wrote it], stated 'Born: Erdington, West Midlands'.
This is not how someone from there [or any large city that I could think of] would introduce themselves unless talking to someone from the same city, in this case Birmingham.
Another thing is, he schooled in Bedford, England, which is miles from Birmingham, so presumably he 'grew up' there, but left to go to Cambridge [presumably] at the tender age of '18'.
Another thing is that his parents are from Liverpool so little or no ties with B'ham, Bedford and Cambridge [hmmm...BBC...]
Whilst none of the above means anything too much, put together, it would seem he has no ties to Birmingham, having grown up/schooled in Bedford, therefore he may not have an 'affinity' with either B'ham or Bedford.
Furthermore, with his parents being from Liverpool, he distances h(s)imself again from B'ham and Bedford as he may have spent his holidays growing up as a child, there, instead of B'ham and/or Bedford.
Sorry to labour the point, it is merely that he has 'plausible deniability' about having any real contact with any of the places should 'he' be so asked.
Oliver describes his own accent as a "mongrel" of Brummie, Scouse and Bedford influences.[13]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Oliver_(comedian)

I also note that 'Oliver' is becoming an increasingly popular name in the US and, according to this source, seemingly has 11 variants [sorry to bring the number nonsense into it, but it was noticeable]:
http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Oliver

And I cant help mulling over [tenuous as it is] his name: John Oliver - John of Oliver - Jean d'Oliver - Jean d'O - John Doe...

By the way, it would seem [siim?] to be his birthday tomorrow, turning 38 [ah, those numbers again...] so Happy Boot-day John!
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

John Oliver regularly performs stand-up comedy in venues all around the US. Tickets are available and easy to purchase for anyone who wishes to verify that he's a real person. Unlike Snowden and other sims, he's very much in the public eye and has made enough public appearances. I doubt the perps have reached the level of being able to simulate someone for entire seasons of television shows (in front of studio audiences), awards shows, specials, etc.

In my opinion, this would be useless and a complete waste of time. It would be much more effective to use that technology (and time/effort) for a Snowden or bin Laden type; someone that just makes the occasional video recorded appearance, once every few months with a very specific political agenda/message to push (versus a comedian on a TV show which serves no real purpose).

I think we do ourselves a disservice by jumping to illogical conclusions about someone as being a sim when the person doesn't display the Snowden type red-flags that sims usually do (limited appearances, always shown via satellite, 'simmy' traits and characteristics, impossible to reach in real life, etc).

The problem with this is that it runs the risk of making us all look a little too 'crazy', especially for the many folks who have seen Oliver or other celebs in person. Then, when confronted with the idea that someone like Snowden might be a sim, they'll just write it off as kooky conspiracy theory fodder.

"Those are the same idiots who say John Oliver is a sim!"

I think it's more useful to explore and/or speculate about the mechanics of how Oliver was entrusted to interview 'Snowden', and what that entails in terms of him being inducted into the special club.

Logically, it doesn't make sense to me that Oliver would be a sim, there would be too much involved and for what purpose? I think our efforts are better spent focusing on entities that look and behave like sims. Of course I could be wrong, but to me, Oliver doesn't display any of those characteristics.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

^
I completely agree with you.

I will just add that comedians on TV shows, especially rabid types like Oliver, are as good, if not better, than Snowden types at promoting the globalist agenda. Oliver seems particularly fond of the war-on-terror meme. I admit he is funny and talented, but sometimes the propaganda is so unabashed it makes me feel like :puke:

It would be more fruitful to look into the man´s tribal affiliation, to use a borrowed expression.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

anonjedi2 wrote:John Oliver regularly performs stand-up comedy
So he simulates being a clown?

I don't watch TV. I never heard of "John Oliver", unfortunately, being a member here exposes me to these assholes, real and unreal, [ Is there a difference? Does it matter when ultimately, both are the same!!!] via the embedded youtube videos [which I would not allow if I were admin :ph34r: ]. I wouldn't have heard of "Snowden" hadn't I been a member here for instance...or Breivik and half the shit that doesn't go on, that is reported as "news", for that matter. I find it most paradoxical given my dislike of the clowns styling themselves "government and media" and membership here, being exposed to the crap that I eschew with a passion. "Those are the same idiots who said "9/11" was a hoax", I've lived with that for 15 years. No change there!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Since we are inviting clowns onto "cluesforum" to discuss "lights in the sky", maybe one of you TV watchers might care to invite him here to answer some questions about Snowden? I would not be surprised given "his" resume, voice actor on the Simpsons ahem, that he WAS Snowden.

John Oliver
Avalon
4a Exmoor Street
London
W10 6BD
UK

Purported image of "John Oliver" at the Occupy your Mom protest!

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... 15&fmt=ela

I rarely "bwahahaha" but...

People PAY to see this guy? You must kidding. He wouldn't have to open his mouth, they would just fall about laughing when he entered the room.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

I'm curious what our CF members think about this video depicting an interview between Brian Williams of NBC and Edward Snowden.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLy012pNDs
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

SacredCowSlayer wrote:I'm curious what our CF members think about this video depicting an interview between Brian Williams of NBC and Edward Snowden.
My 0.02c. "Snowden" is a computer simulated entity akin to Max Headroom. The "interview" is therefore a sham!
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

brianv wrote:
SacredCowSlayer wrote:I'm curious what our CF members think about this video depicting an interview between Brian Williams of NBC and Edward Snowden.
My 0.02c. "Snowden" is a computer simulated entity akin to Max Headroom. The "interview" is therefore a sham!
Brian,

That is my suspicion as well. I'm not the best at analyzing video fakery, so I'm wondering if there is anything in that video that stands out.

I thought the mole on his left check and the right side of his neck did some weird things (my kids agreed), but my wife thought it was just digital video distortion (not that she thinks he's a real person).

Also contrast the shadow under Brian W's leg (quite dark) and the one from Snowden's (not near as dark). I'm not sure what would cause that. Could studio lighting explain that if it were real? I honestly don't know.

Whether he is purely digital or another government puppet, it is clear that the interview is a sham. I could barely even listen to it. Seriously they are still talking about box cutters. Sheesh.