Did anyone see our Fake News World coming?

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
hoi.polloi

Did anyone see our Fake News World coming?

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I just watched a video in which famed filmmaker David Lynch was questioning the official story of 9/11 and I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw him bring up Loose Change. At the end, I forgave his confusion with that movie because he basically stated two things:

1. It raises questions rather than answers

2. Nobody wants to think about the U.S. government being responsible

Forgive me if this is tangential or illogical to some people, but at that moment I realized that probably nobody even thinks that September Clues is the closest direction to the truth that we are going to get. They get stuck in Michael Moore, Bill Cooper and perhaps settle into an alien pet theory.

In all likelihood, people reach a certain point of questioning their life and then peter out. It's too much. They have invested too much in some sort of belief about why America is great that has nothing to do with their freedom to construct their own life, and has more to do with false history that they are forced to dismantle in the face of our present system.

Having said that, there must have been some people who knew that 9/11 was coming or recognized what it was when it happened. I am not talking about sims in their ivory trade towers or famous filmmakers in the mushroom cult of Hollywood, but people - real people who really suspected that the entire thing was FABRICATED including the victims.

Like, say, those people who know about the moon hoaxes, the Pearl Harbor questions, or those who question the validity of the JFK assassination videos.

Isn't there somebody out there, somewhere, who could have anticipated from the 60's moon hoaxes and media conglomeration, or from how the War of the Worlds hoax went down with no real consequences, that this sort of staged invented reality and history might be happening all the time -- and that people might be so caught up in their fictitious imaginings of how the country works that the government would desire something like a simulated political system with no true power for those given citizenship within it?

We are sitting here on our hindquarters struggling to tell stories to people about the power they have to control their own lives and perceptions, and the most we have done is made people ask a few questions and then stop? How are we going to protect people when the government starts simulating other aspects of life with technology - like cloning us by their design without our input, or microchipping people or DNA tracking and copyrighting life? How will the almighty Swiss defend themselves from laser-guided missile drones - surely not with their pathetic collection of "peace guaranteeing" machine guns that only work in close combat!?

Who has been aware of this kind of pattern before we caught on to it, if anyone?

I am fine if we are the only ones staying on a sort of Calvinist 'it's not real if I didn't personally perceive it with no simulation in the way' mind set ... but just curious if anyone knows of someone who started that? Am I forgetting the obvious, like Johannes Kepler or something?
godzilla

Unread post by godzilla »

Surely there are those people. But being that keen and aware would probably include a certain amount of wisdom. They probably know better than to spout it out, and I'll bet for the most part they just keep their mouths shut. That's my guess.
"It's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true." - Henry Kissinger
hoi.polloi

Fair point.

Is it unfair of me to modify the question?

I want to ask if someone saw it coming who is a writer or a scholar or has talked about this sort of thing openly and not kept silent. For instance, there is a movie called Capricorn One about hoaxing a moon landing, and perhaps someone in that arena - involved in that - had said something around the time that movie was made. Someone who has since become more open about it and not lost their job?

Someone who cares enough about people to give them some books or something?

There are writers who have spoken of conspiracy for a long time. There are books like Behold a Pale Horse and people writing about the shadowy "Pinay Cercle" and the Rothschilds. Is it fair to say they might have predicted something like this? Can we contact them?
timothymurphy

Unread post by timothymurphy »

hoi.polloi 4 Jun 11 2010, 10:11 PM wrote: Can we contact them?

There is one journalist who sounds like the kind of person you're talking about.
I don't know if he saw 9/11 coming but...

His name is Martin Tierney.

He got Scotland's "The Herald" in trouble by writing a review of a 7/7 survivor's story saying the account was "fabricated".

Link to the Press complaints page for this case:

http://www.pcc.org.uk/case/resolved.htm ... e=NTE3OQ==

“In a review of Into the Darkness: An Account of 7/7 by Peter Zimonjic, published in ABC on Saturday April 12, it was stated that much of the book was fabricated. We accept that this was not the case and that describing the book in these terms was erroneous, unfair and misleading. We are happy to set the record straight”.

He has since been sacked from the paper - I think his 7/7 book review contributed to his sacking but it was also other too-honest reviews...

http://craig-mcgill.com/about/
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

This is a big question Hoi.

A century ago a man laid it all out and left a warning.

I haven't posted here about this individual because of the dire direction the esoteric/occult threads have gone and the bullying bluster which has engulfed and smothered them. It seems some people here are unmoderateable.

Will give it a go though B)
ozzybinoswald
Banned

Unread post by ozzybinoswald »

Terence.drew @ Jun 11 2010, 11:36 PM wrote: This is a big question Hoi.

I haven't posted here about this individual because of the dire direction the esoteric/occult threads have gone and the bullying bluster which has engulfed and smothered them. It seems some people here are unmoderateable.

Someone toss this mealy-mouthed prick.
Piper

Unread post by Piper »

There's also the alleged Rick Rescorla, already mentioned in a few threads on this forum, who according to his Wikipedia page, "anticipated both attacks on the towers and implemented evacuation procedures that are credited with saving many lives. He died in the attacks of September 11, 2001, while leading the evacuation efforts." But we all know how likely that is to be true.

Then there's the alleged prediction from shill Alex Jones (aka Bill Hicks ;)) from July/August 2001, and Bill Cooper's prediction from June 2001, pinning it on OBL. I see these "insider tips" as methods of creating an audience for them. None of the above are really credible, obviously, but as godzilla mentioned someone not involved somehow would be more likely to keep their mouth shut.

I think the number of people able to see through the mirage to the truth underneath started out very low in the early days of propaganda and has been rising steadily ever since, with every new event like JFK and the Apollo scam adding to the numbers of these isolated "conspiracy theorists". This number spiked wildly after 9/11 because of the presence of the internet allowing those discerning people to share their thoughts with others. not to mention the scope of the operation and the number of things that went wrong and caught people's attention. Maybe they tried to do too much on too small an effects budget and second-rate actors, hoping the "reality show" feel of it would compensate, and it did - for a while.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Hoi, your first post is an excellent exposition of the current situation, describing what we are up against. I've recently started making a number of the same points to people, and they pretty much refuse to engage me. Most people are, I think, just too damn comfortable with their belief systems (aka illusions/delusions) to want to throw up for grabs everything they ever believed or were spoon-fed, and start over constructing their own view of reality.

Still, today, I got a FB message from a tax client that made me stand up and cheer, and think all our efforts are not in vain. She said:

"I unfortunately have been extremely disappointed and non-trusting of our government since the day I was born...don't get me wrong, I still love this country even though we honkies, stole it from the Native Americans which makes me sick but that's history that can't be changed. I don't have any friends that know this is how I feel because I found in the past they just look at me with a blank look on their face so I don't share this feeling with pretty much anybody. "

My response to her included this:

"Partisanship = death. I no longer vote because nothing changes. Our system is irretrievably broken, and electing an 'honest' man changes nothing. Money controls what happens, and no one inside is acting in good faith. The American sheeple have been trained to think well of our government, regardless of its behavior. This American Exceptionalism leads inexorably to war crimes, etc., against everyone else in the world."
hoi.polloi

Terence.drew 4 Jun 11 2010, 10:36 PM wrote: This is a big question Hoi.

Well, Terence.drew ... that's exactly the kind of person I am warning against. Esoteric mystery school hoaxers. I don't want to hear about lizard people or God or unprovable sh#t. I don't want to hear about supposedly superior super-powered people.

Because what we are talking about is the average person. I want to know what groups of average people caught on to this and tried to get the word out. Basically, people who pragmatically discuss the real political situation and social structures -- not magicians.

Maybe I'm mistaken in assuming you meant someone like that? If you can provide just the name of this person, I suppose we could all just look it up and see what they were up to a century ago?

This number spiked wildly after 9/11 because of the presence of the internet allowing those discerning people to share their thoughts with others

You're probably right about that, Piper. Interwebs has been the key.
hoi.polloi

That "Martin Tierney" story is interesting. Whoever he is, he paints a dour -- nay, realistic -- picture of the media.

http://www.medialens.org/alerts/08/0810 ... _part1.php

Can't find any other info on him, though. He scarcely exists! He should start a blog.
timothymurphy

Unread post by timothymurphy »

hoi.polloi 4 Jun 12 2010, 12:33 PM wrote: Whoever he is, he paints a dour -- nay, realistic -- picture of the media.

I get the sense that Martin Tierney he is one of those people Godzilla is is talking about - keeping their mouths shut if they knew anything about 9/11.

I came across his case because ? bizarrely ? the 7/7 survivor book that Tierney judged as “fabricated” in a review, displays an extract from that same review on the book's Amazon page!!

This prompted Tierney's rather restrained customer review:

Having been gagged before, I guess your instinct is to laugh, shake your head and give up casting pearls before swine ? He is self-censoring because what he knows is probably too hot for whoever’s reading?

The author of the “fabricated” 7/7 book, Canadian Journalist Peter Zimonjic, cannot help responding, and perhaps gloating at what he’s got away with.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2IU0UZUVF79ME

Like Hoi says, Tierney has a pretty dour view of the media.
Let’s hope he can be traced so we can find out if he saw 9/11 coming.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

The Simpsons saw it coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKkEq0n6gPY

9/11 was a cartoon-job. <_<

And please - don't call me "silly".
http://www.septemberclues.org
Terence.drew

hoi.polloi 4 Jun 12 2010, 12:21 PM wrote:
Well, Terence.drew ... that's exactly the kind of person I am warning against.
Well Hoi polloi, why would a person heed your warning when you have based that warning solely on assumption and cartoonish characterisation?

You dont even know who it is I am talking about.

A person with a huge volume of work and research and ,for me, incredible insights.
Terence.drew

ozzybinoswald 4 Jun 11 2010, 11:44 PM wrote:
Someone toss this mealy-mouthed prick.

How about setting up a latin themed forum called 'Ad hominem Ad nauseum'? Eh?

Only prerequisite to posting is that you all Gordan-Ramsay eachother :P
Rasta84

Unread post by Rasta84 »

Piper 4 Jun 12 2010, 12:07 AM wrote: There's also the alleged Rick Rescorla, already mentioned in a few threads on this forum, who according to his Wikipedia page, "anticipated both attacks on the towers and implemented evacuation procedures that are credited with saving many lives. He died in the attacks of September 11, 2001, while leading the evacuation efforts." But we all know how likely that is to be true.

Then there's the alleged prediction from shill Alex Jones (aka Bill Hicks ;)) from July/August 2001, and Bill Cooper's prediction from June 2001, pinning it on OBL. I see these "insider tips" as methods of creating an audience for them. None of the above are really credible, obviously, but as godzilla mentioned someone not involved somehow would be more likely to keep their mouth shut.

I think the number of people able to see through the mirage to the truth underneath started out very low in the early days of propaganda and has been rising steadily ever since, with every new event like JFK and the Apollo scam adding to the numbers of these isolated "conspiracy theorists". This number spiked wildly after 9/11 because of the presence of the internet allowing those discerning people to share their thoughts with others. not to mention the scope of the operation and the number of things that went wrong and caught people's attention. Maybe they tried to do too much on too small an effects budget and second-rate actors, hoping the "reality show" feel of it would compensate, and it did - for a while.
Alex Jones is not Bill Hicks. Watch an actual Bill Hicks comedy routine, do you really think right-wing 'patriot' blowhard Jones would love psilocibin mushrooms? Jones just ripped off Hicks' style and looks like him slightly cause they're both from Texas. Check out a video of Jones from the 90's back when Jones was in his 20's and see if it's Bill Hicks. Hicks was a good 15-20 years older than him.

I mean this is Bill Hicks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0

As far as predicting 9/11, William Cooper pretty much nailed it. He definately saw it coming and his prediction was poorly duplicated by Jones, with all his bullshit theatrics, who definately must have seen it. It's also interesting if you listen to the full recording of Cooper's show in which he predicted it from late June that year how he specifically mentions Mossad and says 'if they can't find him this is the biggest joke in the world'. Cooper not only predicted 9/11 accurately but he put some emphasis on the Mossad foreshadowing their central involvement. While Jones didn't mention Israel. Jones did explicitedly state that he supports Israel in an interview a few years prior.