An Important Birthday, And A Heart-Felt "Thank You"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
fbenario

An Important Birthday, And A Heart-Felt "Thank You"

Unread post by fbenario »

I was born on August 6, 1961, so today I turn 50. Apparently some people wish they could go back in time to when they were younger. I wouldn't trade the experience, judgment, and wisdom gained over the last decade for any amount of money. It has been by far the best, and most important, period of my life.

10 years ago - I met Keith, and fell in love with her on the first date. She is my girlfriend/life-partner, and one of the 2 people on the planet who are priceless in value to me, and entirely unreplaceable.

5 years ago - I became a Christian, as a result primarily of Keith's love, example, and perseverance in the face of my completely secular reality and stubbornness. She has the warmest heart for others of anyone I've ever known.

3 years ago - James, my best friend of 48 years duration (supposedly my mother met his mother when I was 2), and the only other person entirely priceless in value to me, broke through my ongoing assumption that what government tells me is true. He forced me, after a year of hard labor on his part, to face the question of why there was no evidence of a plane crash at the Pentagon on 9/11. At that point I began thinking for myself.

2 years ago - On Facebook on September 18, 2009, forum member MartinL sent me the link to septemberclues.org, and told me to view it with an open mind. 24 hours later my world-view, and sense of self, had forever changed. The process of learning to think for myself vastly accelerated.

On October 4, 2009, Martin sent me the link to The Vicsim Report which (after replicating for myself its main conclusions) changed my view of mainstream media irrevocably, and forever.

On October 18, 2009, this forum's predecessor went online. I joined on October 22. In the 656 days since October 22 that this forum has been active (it was down for one week during the transition from Reality Shack to Clues Forum), I have posted 771 times. Only twice during have I missed reading each day's new posts during those 656 days, when the forum was down/offline all evening.

As I believe Simon and Hoi both already know, my gratitude for their work, and for all the subsequent work by all the other regular contributors here, is boundless, without limit, and permanent. Without all of you I would be less of a man, and much less of a human being. After 5 years as a Christian, I no longer hold hatred or intolerance in me toward any human being - not even the perps. I just want them to stop killing people, and I hope our efforts move the world in that direction.

My thanks to all of you. I look forward to many years of interacting with you.

To paraphrase Paul in the New Testament, if we are wrong about media fakery, we are the biggest fools on Earth, and should be pitied. But I don't think we are.
hoi.polloi

Re: An Important Birthday, And A Heart-Felt "Thank You"

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Thanks, fbenario.

I wish we were just fools instead of our governments being traitors to their citizens.
AmongTheThugs

Unread post by AmongTheThugs »

happy birthday! (friend request sent)
Mercurial

Unread post by Mercurial »

Here's wishing you a very happy birthday, Fred.
x
pshea38
Banned

Unread post by pshea38 »

Now life really begins Frederick. I know I speak for everyone here in expressing
deepest appreciations for all your genuine, thought provoking, inciteful
commentary and your heartfelt consistency throughtout your time here, and
alongside Simon and Hoi (among others), you have been a solid rock.
I am indebted to you all for your services to humanity.

Happy Birthday Fred, and Long Live Love.
(I always think of this song, when I think of Love).

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSAKlu0OlU
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

pshea38 wrote:Happy Birthday Fred, and Long Live Love.
(I always think of this song, when I think of Love).

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSAKlu0OlU
THAT is one of my favorite songs of all-time! I hadn't listened to it in a while, so it's a great surprise to see it here!