The "Vomit Scene"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
HonestlyNow

The "Vomit Scene"

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

I've noticed something about hollywood movies that's been going on for many years. How many years, I haven't researched, but quite a long time, it seems.

Nearly every movie (again, it seems) has to have what I call a "vomit scene". Different ways, different circumstances, sometimes off camera but implied, funny or serious, but someone has to "let loose". Is this another example of predictive programming? Should we be expecting bio- or chemical warfare where this scene will be commonplace?

eta: Maybe that's what will be blamed on the coming alien invasion.
pov603

Re: The "Vomit Scene"

Unread post by pov603 »

HonestlyNow wrote:I've noticed something about hollywood movies that's been going on for many years. How many years, I haven't researched, but quite a long time, it seems.

Nearly every movie (again, it seems) has to have what I call a "vomit scene". Different ways, different circumstances, sometimes off camera but implied, funny or serious, but someone has to "let loose". Is this another example of predictive programming? Should we be expecting bio- or chemical warfare where this scene will be commonplace?

Not sure exactly what you mean, you need to be specific, however to contradict myself...

Ironically, last night I watched a video of 'Daybreakers' about a post-apocalyptic Earth in 2019 which has most of the population as vampires. One scene has a vampire-soldier-private undergoing tests for a 'blood-serum-substitute'. During the testing, it goes very badly wrong and has him vomiting very violently [when is it never?] on the nurse.

Then [ironically again] I was watching a re-run of MadMen series 1 and one of the main stars is walking with his colleague up 23 flights of stairs as the lifts/elevators are broken and after having had a very 'heavy' lunch of vodka martinis and oysters. They are late for a meeting with the reps of Richard Nixon [it is set in early 60s I think] and come in, meet them and then have the older of the two vomit profusely in front of everyone.

I either watch a lot of TV [Please! Don't judge me! :( ] or some of what you say is true though, I repeat, maybe give some specific examples of what you mean.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

. . .maybe give some specific examples of what you mean.
That is exactly what I mean. I started noticing it some years ago, can't remember when. I normally don't think about it, until it happens again, and frequently while I happen to be eating something.

A couple examples off the top of my head:
"Wit" with Emma Thompson, HBO 2001. This is about a woman with terminal ovarian cancer. This movie is full of such scenes, which is fine, because that's what the movie is about.

But many movies where I see this scene, it seems to be superfluous, not needed for the plot, simply an exercise on how creative the writers' can be with it.

"It's Complicated" with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin, 2009. Meryl and ex-husband Alec go dancing and drinking, and Meryl ends up in the bathroom to, well, you know. This one's normal run-of-the-mill, but jeez, they even have Meryl doing it?
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

HonestlyNow wrote:I've noticed something about hollywood movies that's been going on for many years. How many years, I haven't researched, but quite a long time, it seems.

This may very well be how they will start off the alien psy op, its also the most plausible scenario. This scenario can easily be developed overtime into a full blown ET hoax, just like you see how a story develops on any TV show. This could be the motive behind the sudden surge of reports of stuff falling from space like satellites and the PHOBOS GRUNT ship which carried microorganisms that are linked to numerous diseases like Anthrax and Aids. I can see the conditioning for this by the entertainment industry as well.

Deadly Bacteria from Outer Space:
Spaceflight is known to have profound effects on human physiology, weakening astronauts' bones and muscles and impairing their immune systems. A new study shows that its effects on microorganisms may be just as dramatic: Salmonella grown onboard the space shuttle was many times deadlier than its terrestrial counterparts.........

Researchers led by Cheryl Nickerson, associate professor at the Arizona State University Biodesign Institute, found that Salmonella grown during space-shuttle mission STS-115 in 2006 underwent major changes in the expression of 167 genes. When administered to mice back on Earth, the bacteria proved many times more deadly than an equivalent strain grown on the ground.
Crysis Virus Attack:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snW2xQyurE

The Invasion:
After the space shuttle Patriot crashes on Earth, a fungus-like alien lifeform is discovered on the remaining parts scattered over US territory
lux

Unread post by lux »

I think you're quite right and this is a perceptive observation. Vomit scenes HAVE become quite common and I suspect it has to do with the general "de-sensitizing" brainwashing that Hollywood has been engaging in for quite a long time.

The movie "Apollo 13," has a graphic vomit scene by the way.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

HonestlyNow wrote:

No need to blame it on an alien invasion, imho. It could well be based, quite simply, on a 'man-made super virus'.

They're hard at work on the next Big One, it seems - and it might just leak out from a poorly-guarded Rotterdam bio lab...
Outbreak: Man-made super-flu formula to be published?
http://rt.com/news/super-flu-terrorist-threat-251/

A man-made virus that could wipe out half humanity has been deemed a terrorist threat. And while the scientists behind the Frankenstein-flu hoped their research would help find a cure, critics fear they have developed the ultimate bio-weapon.
The man-made killer bug is currently being stored in a basement somewhere at the Rotterdam medical university, though without the benefit of armed guards.
(...)
"I can't think of another pathogenic organism that is as scary as this one," Keim told the Science Insider Journal. "I don't think anthrax is scary at all compared to this."
(...)
The man-made killer bug is currently being stored in a basement somewhere at the Rotterdam medical university, though without the benefit of armed guards.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... h-bug.html

I had saw something about the above a few days ago and thought it may be relevant.

Again, carrying on about the movie scenes, just watched 'Bridegrooms'. Very funny. And? Yes, there is a vomit scene.

On another topic but related to 'illness' here in Dubai a few of us are going down with some sort of virus/bug [I've been unwell for the last two/three weeks and my wife has been on anti-biotic this last week] which is beginning to spread as they are wont to do, with friends and acquaintances now being affected, though this type of outbreak isn't necessarily unusual though it is more virulent than previous bugs going round.

Anyway I mention this because I noticed about a week to ten days ago [I realise this was after I became ill!] that there was a large amount of vapour trails in the air not necessarily along normal flight paths [the sky is pretty clear at the moment and you have a fair idea where the planes are or aren't].

These trails hung in the air for ages [I didn't take any photos but may keep an eye out to do so if there is a next time].

I know that people are in two minds as to what these may be but it is a good example of something that most people do not even notice let alone comment on these days when out and about on the street and if there was ever a way of spreading something quickly and over a large area without drawing attention, well...

Anyway that's my tuppence worth.