THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

Flabbergasted wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:28 pm Still, it´s a pretty weird of way of releasing as much as 6.2 trillion dollars for a completely different purpose. Is that a routine thing in the US?
You’d be amazed at the legislative process, particularly concerning the federal government. A spending bill that passes the House then goes to the Senate. A single Senator may try to attach a completely unrelated Amendment to the Bill, and if it’s not objected to, it will end up in the final Bill passed by the Senate. Then the House can pass the Senate version, or it can be sent to a “Conference Committee” to hammer out the differences. At the end of the day, the final Bill has to be approved by the full House and Senate before being submitted to the President. And yes, it can start out as one thing, and end up something else entirely. Disclaimer: that’s the very short version of the process.
datspot

Re: The CORONAVIRUS circus

Unread post by datspot »

Just reposting this as it was removed in the last 24 hours for some reason.

The H.R.748 - CARES Act, which according to the bill, "responds to the COVID-19 (i.e., coronavirus disease 2019) outbreak and its impact on the economy, public health..." Was signed into law on 27th of March by President Trump.

What disturbs me about this is that it was introduced on the 24th of January 2019.

Can anyone shed light on the fact that this bill was introduced almost a year before the virus?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... e-bill/748
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Yes, we shed light on it.

The bill was originally introduced as in January, 2019 under a different name. It was not called Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act or the CARES Act until the name was changed in March of 2020. You can verify this for yourself by clicking on the dropdown on this page and going through the different phases of the Bill.

The conversation was moved to the derailing room.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... %5D%7D&r=1
michiganj

Re: Songs that Expose Truth (?)

Unread post by michiganj »

Prescient wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:18 pm [Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSO8pdAX6c[/Youtube]

This (The UK) is the 51st state of the USA, and the 51st State is the heartland...

edit apologies to michiganj I can't see the extra space, if you can kindly fix this. Thank you.
Dear Prescient, you only need the Youtube identifier to put between the tags. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSO8pdAX6c

In one of your previous posts there was an extra blank space in front of the identifier that was causing the video to not load.

No biggie just an honest mistake.

Cheers, mj
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

michiganj wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:35 pm
Prescient wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:18 pm [Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSO8pdAX6c[/Youtube]

This (The UK) is the 51st state of the USA, and the 51st State is the heartland...

edit apologies to michiganj I can't see the extra space, if you can kindly fix this. Thank you.
Dear Prescient, you only need the Youtube identifier to put between the tags. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSO8pdAX6c

In one of your previous posts there was an extra blank space in front of the identifier that was causing the video to not load.

No biggie just an honest mistake.

Cheers, mj
I may have inadvertently contributed to the confusion here. In the previous post (with the extra space)—that was actually my mistake when I tried to edit Prescient’s post such that only the YouTube identifier (e.g. fPSO8pdAX6c) would go between the “[youtube]” tags. Thank you mj for fixing my edit. Either I didn’t see the space, or (more likely) I didn’t realize it would cause the video to be unplayable.

And Prescient, please let us know if you have any questions about this. I’ll move my post to the Derailing Room after giving you a chance to see this.

:)
Prescient

Unread post by Prescient »

Thank you both, now I understand whats happening. Have a nice weekend.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Prescient wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:32 am Thank you both, now I understand whats happening. Have a nice weekend.
No problem—and same to you. :)
MQuiz

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by MQuiz »

Probably unrelated to the subject but I wanted your insight on my thoughts about the subject. I saw the movie "The forecaster" by Martin Armstrong for about a year ago, an surely interesting movie. Since then i have been reading his blog at www.armstrongeconomics.com and the conlcusing he is drawing is that everything is made out of cycles that are predictable. Such as:

- War cycles
- Economic cycles
- Civilisation cycles

And yeah all kind of cycles as you may see...They are all calculated by his AI he calls "Soctrates" that predicts pattern depending on how money is mowed along the world. He is Pro Trump and Against Bidén, all of what the models say as he explains, I dont understand why he is pro Trump if he is a sionist as i understand it. Is it because he promotes the use of money in the financial system as stocks, bonds and other "money" outside of the real economy. Is he a modern "Nostradamus" or what do you think of it ?
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

MQuiz wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:26 pm Probably unrelated to the subject but I wanted your insight on my thoughts about the subject. I saw the movie "The forecaster" by Martin Armstrong for about a year ago, an surely interesting movie. Since then i have been reading his blog at www.armstrongeconomics.com and the conlcusing he is drawing is that everything is made out of cycles that are predictable. Such as:

- War cycles
- Economic cycles
- Civilisation cycles

And yeah all kind of cycles as you may see...They are all calculated by his AI he calls "Soctrates" that predicts pattern depending on how money is mowed along the world. He is Pro Trump and Against Bidén, all of what the models say as he explains, I dont understand why he is pro Trump if he is a sionist as i understand it. Is it because he promotes the use of money in the financial system as stocks, bonds and other "money" outside of the real economy. Is he a modern "Nostradamus" or what do you think of it ?
Dear MQuiz,

I must ask you to please use spellcheck and review your drafts before posting. We all make typos from time to time, and we Admins often clean up minor things to keep the forum tidy, and the content well presented. But the post above causes me to fall on my dear friend Hoi Polloi’s frequent admonition (during his active tenure here) that members learn to take better care of their own posts. For now I’ll move this (along with your post) to the Derailing Room, and I’ll gladly move it back after you have edited it.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Nick Java

Re: Global warming - 'Chasing Ice'?

Unread post by Nick Java »

We Now Return to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBI49aAHn8
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Nick Java wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 am We Now Return to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming
Why are you posting this?
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Flabbergasted wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:16 pm
Nick Java wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:29 am We Now Return to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming
Why are you posting this?
I join my friend Flabbergasted here by asking that our member please explain the relevance of the video and how it advances the topic. If that happens to our satisfaction, it will be returned to the original topic.

Until then, I’ve moved it to the Derailing Room.
Skinnylegsandall

Unread post by Skinnylegsandall »

Check this out these paranoid freaks are thin skinned no body likes them boo who
Amazing Polly
At exactly 44 minute mark,
http://amazingpolly.net/

[Post moved to the DR by SCS.]
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

fakeologist wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:57 pm Wonderful as always Peter.
Roger and David are two of the most talented people to ever infect this earth, to draw a reference to the Chief Infection himself, Herr Phillip.
I do not agree. To become famous as “talent” or “most talented,” a potential candidate doesn’t need talent, but a rather large dose of mediocrity. And this is perhaps the most infectious thing in the world.

:)

(Who is, what is “Herr Philip”?)
sharpstuff wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:54 pm A great friend (who still claims to be highly opinionated as I have always been) of mine once said: ‘There are no born leaders, only born followers’.
I don’t really understand how different the meaning of the sentence will be to include the term “born” - but I don’t think it makes any sense to talk about followers if there are no leaders. (Maybe your old friend had Oz in mind.)

But if so, the situation is pretty much the opposite: nowadays there are only leaders and no followers. They are manufactured on conveyor belts and in factories called university (and schools in general).

Maybe they’re the same ones you call followers, but because of their social functions (and because they never really followed anyone), they deserve to be called leaders much more. But of course they deserve this name even more because of their psychological disposition - and this gives one of the main characteristics of the situation.
sharpstuff wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:54 pm I am posting this in Chatbox as I did not really want to start a new thread as this is a particularly opinion piece and as much as I detest any form of ‘politics’ and have never been involved in any ‘voting’ process in all my many years, it may contain political matters.
I have to apologize, sir, but you have not let go of the political thread for a moment. And there’s no reason to be surprised if it ended up colliding with "The Wall."

(There is nothing natural in fear, nothing in “beliefs” – even in this plural form… etc. etc.)

Sorry for the criticism, but it seemed to me that maybe you are the one who should apologize – in this place - for "The Wall."

[Admin Warning (SCS): I moved this to the DR on December 6, 2020. Mansur, I’ve just about had it with your posting habits on this forum. The vast majority of your posts consist of half-baked thoughts (when comprehensible) that come across as shin-kicking other members for no discernible reason. Consider this a public WARNING to think your posts through carefully before hitting the “submit” button.]
Mansur

Re: THE VACCINATION DECEIT

Unread post by Mansur »

nokidding wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:41 am ...One of the obvious questions often asked is if Autism is genetic, where are all the old people with it?

The question that interests me is the low end of the spectrum. We are now familiar with mid range Autism. Severe Autism is mostly out of sight in institutions and unfortunate family homes.

However I suspect that there are many many more who have been 'mildly' damaged such that their relationships are difficult or non-existent. This effects their school life, work life and love life. It is never identified as such. No one wants to say their children are mildly damaged people, not least to their own children.

The idea is now that we are all on the autism spectrum. Autism is normal. Or it is upbringing of course. Kids and society like to blame the parents. But we know that you can have an atrocious upbringing and be a normal person. Maybe with problems, we all have them, but not autism which is specifically an inability to relate.

The lockdown regime seems almost to create an autistic environment, one where relationship is minimised.
I don’t know anything specifically about autism but can’t imagine the thing otherwise than being created out of sheer nothing - say, in the style of psychiatrists who created their various “disorders” out of nothing but apply it very effectively nevertheless. I think for more examples of things like this, one doesn’t have to go far.

I even think that when it comes to blaming, it is much more normal to blame the environment and parents than any component of this or that jab.
…….autism which is specifically an inability to relate.
Names, designations, are pretty dangerous stuff if one forgets who used it first and why and for what ...
… The lockdown regime seems almost to create an autistic environment, one where relationship is minimised."…
The “regime”, in my opinion, is “just” taking advantage of this already “autistic environment;” – it absolves and confirms as much as it can, of course. The fruit just needs to be harvested one day, right?

[Admin Notice (SCS): I moved this post to the DR on December 6, 2020.]