Thoughts on Christianity

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hoi.polloi

Re: Thoughts on Christianity

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Thank you for the description, Dcopymope. It is much appreciated.

Don't let the "copyright infringement" threat get you down. They have done that to my vids as well. It seems to mean they don't have much against you by way of actual argument.
hoi.polloi

Dcopymope wrote:In this video, I give a solid definition for the pivotal Biblical event referred to as the coming "strong delusion". This is basically a continuation of my first video titled "The Antichrist and the media's role in promoting him". So if you've seen my previous videos, then you should already know what the "strong delusion" really is. I don't know how long this video is going to be up, since I'm being harassed about alleged "copyright infringement".

Understanding the Strong Delusion:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JWR3n5dP0g
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

hoi.polloi wrote:Thank you for the description, Dcopymope. It is much appreciated.

Don't let the "copyright infringement" threat get you down. They have done that to my vids as well. It seems to mean they don't have much against you by way of actual argument.
Well that's becoming quite evident, as all the footage I used in the video is public domain and has been for months. I'm certainly not making this some long term hobby, as it is very time consuming and there isn't much more to be said that hasn't already been said in a thousand different ways. But I have to say, I felt like I stomped Satan's face into the dirt with those three videos.
edgewaters

Unread post by edgewaters »

Dcopymope

:lol:

Well I don't believe a word of Christianity, I think it's just more mind control. Dcopy, You've written a lot that's failed to convince me, so have many others - I wouldn't waste your time if I were you. Just try to accept that I don't buy it (if you can), as I accept that you do.
Dcopymope
Banned

edgewaters wrote:Dcopymope

:lol:

Well I don't believe a word of Christianity, I think it's just more mind control. Dcopy, You've written a lot that's failed to convince me, so have many others - I wouldn't waste your time if I were you. Just try to accept that I don't buy it (if you can), as I accept that you do.
Well, that's nice to know, even though I'm not really here to "convince" the heathen of anything. I'm here for the few Christians that are here, not to cast pearls before swine like you. So you can just run along and move on in life because I frankly don't care if you believe or not, and I thought I made this very clear before. I am everywhere, I don't go on a atheist website unless I see that there are any fellow Christians even worth talking to.
Dcopymope
Banned

Condensed history of evolutionism by Youtube member 'NephilimFree' :

1. The theory of evolution came from the Hindu Brahmins
2. pantheistic evolution was passed down by Pythagoras to the Greeks
3. Thales and his Ionic School branched out from Pantheistic Evolution to Naturalistic Evolution
4. Anaximander (610 BCE-546 BCE), who was the first to suggest that physical forces, rather than supernatural forces, create order in the universe
5. Plato and Aristotle's evolutionary ideas were dispersed through the Alexandrian School in Egypt
6. The ideas were followed through the Middle Ages (Aquinas), Renaissance and into Freemasonry, where they were preserved
7. Freemasonry and the Enlightenment had a re-birth of the philosophy of evolution
8. Lord Monboddo and Erasmus Darwin carried the philosophy forward
9. Charles Darwin, coaxed by Charles Lyell to write about the idea after the voyage on the Beagle, developed the idea into a pseudoscientific theory

The basics for the modern theory of evolution were first articulated in 1745 by the French mathematician and philosopher Pierre Louis Maupertius. Additionally, Charles Darwin’s own grandfather, Erasmus Darwin, wrote of the idea as early as 1796. However, few men did as much for the theory as did the French naturalist Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, who came up with the first truly cohesive theory of evolution, in which he argued that there was a natural force that drove organisms up a ladder of complexity, and a second environmental force that adapted them to local environments through use and disuse of characteristics, differentiating them from other organisms—which was very close to Darwin’s concept of natural selection. Darwin’s greatest competitor, however, was the Englishman Alfred Wallace, who presented a very similar theory to Darwin’s to the prestigious Linnean Society in 1858 at the same time Darwin presented his.
I would have added that it all started in the garden when Satan told Adam & Eve that if they eat this "fruit" that they could evolve, or become something more than human.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

If for a moment we set aside the usual concerns about the bankers, media illusionists and assorted villains employed in the promotion and implementation of Communist regimes (and the MSM whores instilling fear in the population to justify allocating untold billions of taxpayer money for “defense” purposes) and look merely at the “sincere” and useful idiots who preach Communism as an ideology, it is evident that something in this ideology appeals strongly to young, immature idealists who are eager to “transform the world” into a secular utopia of social justice. What is this appeal which seems to give Communism a gratuitous “moral superiority” over comatose consumer capitalism and aristocracy? I would contend that the alluring egalitarian and “fraternal” elements in the Communist ideology have been candidly usurped from Christianity (the verses “the meek shall inherit the earth” and “it is easier for a camel to go through a needleʼs eye than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God” come to mind). But why, then, is Communism associated (rightly so, I believe) with callousness and oppression? Yesterday I came across this interesting take on the subject:
The modern world, which denies personal guilt and admits only social crimes, which has no place for personal repentance but only public reforms, has divorced Christ from His Cross; the Bridegroom and Bride have been pulled apart. What God hath joined together, men have torn asunder. As a result, to the left is the Cross; to the right is the Christ. Each has awaited new partners who will pick them up in a kind of second and adulterous union. Communism comes along and picks up the meaningless Cross; Western post-Christian civilization chooses the unscarred Christ. Communism has chosen the Cross in the sense that it has brought back to an egotistic world a sense of discipline, self-abnegation, surrender, hard work, study and dedication to supra-individual goals. But the Cross without Christ is sacrifice without love. Hence, Communism has produced a society that is authoritarian, cruel, oppressive of human freedom, filled with concentration camps, firing squads and brain washings.
The Western post-Christian civilization has picked up the Christ without His Cross. But a Christ without sacrifice that reconciles the world to God is a cheap, feminized, colorless, itinerant preacher who deserves to be popular for His great Sermon on the Mount, but also merits unpopularity for what He said about His Divinity on the one hand, and divorce, judgment and hell on the other. This sentimental Christ is patched together with a thousand commonplaces, sustained sometimes by academic etymologists who cannot see the Word for the letters, or distorted beyond personal recognition by a dogmatic principle that anything which is Divine must necessarily be a myth. Without His Cross, He becomes nothing more than a sultry precursor of democracy or a humanitarian who taught brotherhood without tears.
The problem now is: Will the Cross, which Communism holds in its hands, find Christ before the sentimental Christ of the Western world finds the Cross? It is our belief that Russia will find the Christ before the Western world reunites Christ with His Redemptive Cross.
Source: “The Life of Christ” (1958), by Fulton J. Sheen, pp. xxiv-xxv
I am not saying this is my point of view, or endorsing the book as whole (I haven’t read it yet), but itʼs certainly a fertile thought to take out for cream tea on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
Dcopymope
Banned

This is a continuation of my previous video titled "The Giants of Genesis six and the alien deception".

Angels and the alien deception:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZrSk-j856k
Dcopymope
Banned

This compelling documentary explores the rich textual history of the King James Bible and exposes the corrupt origins of the modern versions. Find out why the King James Bible is consistent with all previous English translations, while the modern versions are all dramatically different. The changes being made in the modern versions are not incidental. They are part of a satanic agenda to undermine key Biblical teachings and prepare the population for an all-inclusive one world religion.

New World Order Bible Versions:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
Dcopymope
Banned

In light of the ever increasing hype concerning ISIS, I felt it necessary to give my thoughts in this video on the whole situation and why I'm not too concerned about them in relation to end times Prophecy.

ISIS and Bible Prophecy:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFhIffBIp1Q
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dcopymope,

You'll have to excuse me for the following, blunt yet sincere comments to your last video (posted above) : I couldn't help myself from having a major facepalm moment - thinking of your interpretation of (and bizarre concerns about) this world that we live in.

Here I am, having set up a forum which - for over half a decade now - is basically saying / and helping people realize that the news & movie industry is a big shitload of hocus-pocus propaganda designed to control and dumb down the masses - and keep us in phony, perpetual and unnecessary fear.

And here you are, using the same, afore-mentioned news & movie shitload, weaving imminent doomsday theories while 'elevating' this crap to some lofty plan prefiguring biblical prophecies - and pointing to "tell-tale signs" invested with non-descript /obscure / gloomy / supernatural significance.

This sorry, mind-numbing media / Hollywool circus is run by a bunch of sick, power-obsessed clowns whose agenda is simply to clutch their butts onto their wretched 'thrones' - while (among other dastardly tricks) fomenting endless and nonsensical religious strife and hatred. Now, for instance, in your above video (at 6:48) you say "screw the Koran" - and you write: "Islam is not a religion of peace, although they would like you to believe otherwise". Well, Dcopy - last time I checked, the sick clowns were staging fake after fake "terror attacks" to have me believe that those pesky Islamic extremists are out to kill us all. And no, I'm no muslim / no christian / no jew / no nothing : if you really need to stick a label on me, just call me an "independent thinker" (yeah, that's my 'religion', if you will)- but I wouldn't ever allow myself to say or write "screw the Bible" (or insult any other 'sacred' text held dear by any tribe of this world). I trust in my own judgment and, as a descendant of the Vikings - who worshiped "godlike" figures like Odin, Thor, Freia - I am comfortable in my conviction that those were just imaginary / romantic figures animating my ancestors' folklore.

I will now sincerely wish you good luck with your future earthly life, hoping that your faith in your chosen God will assist in making it a pleasant journey. Also, let me thank you for your past contributions to the forum (many of them excellent, as I remember) - but your latest video is quite frankly nothing that I would like to be associated with in any way.

Take care :)
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Roma locuta causa finita :)

Thank you Simon and let the reason prevail!

I am not going to watch this demented crap but I totally trust your judgment. There must be something wrong with Docy's mental condition , after all these years on CF he was supporting his "thesis' with FOX NEWS material. Schizophrenia? Most probably :)

p.s.

I took an effort to browse the aforementioned video. Was this Docy's voice ? Fuck me! I wouldn't leave my dog for a second with this guy let alone my kid.
Moros

Unread post by Moros »

I highly recommend that you all check out Dr. Bart Ehrman's work. These two in particular:

- Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (And Why We Don't Know About Them)
- Forged: Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are
Pilgrim

Unread post by Pilgrim »

LOL another celebrity agnostic Professor with his own agenda, books to sell and Axe to grind who's fallacious arguments have been refuted. http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Truth- ... 0830834478

http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book ... /code=3447
hoi.polloi

I am not so sure Ehrman's work has been refuted well based solely on the comments in those book reviews, Pilgrim.
While it is certainly true that Dr. Ehrman sensationalized some of his conclusions and offered a few delibrately provakative speculations for marketing sake; and it's also true that he makes a few unwarranted leaps, T. Paul Jones' attempted refutation is relatively baseless. You can't necessarily substantiate the Bible with the Bible. He is basically attempting to interpret a theoretical history based on a religious bias.
The 'refutation' allegedly done by Jones apparently doesn't address the facts that The Bible has gone through many (mostly traceable and countable) iterations, which indicate the original meaning of the words was not "miraculously preserved". I think Ehrman might be worth looking into.