Media tries "fake but real" cover-up for CNN blooper

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
anonjedi2

Media tries "fake but real" cover-up for CNN blooper

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

They really have some nerve thinking that the people are this stupid. Of course, CNN does this sort of thing all the time, but it's nice to see it reaching a wider audience so that people can really understand that this is common practice.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... lot/64965/
sunshine05

Re: CNN caught using split screens from the same parking lot

Unread post by sunshine05 »

That's pretty funny!
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

They are both in green screen studios. The lighting is absurd even with reflectors etc.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Alfie wrote:They are both in green screen studios. The lighting is absurd even with reflectors etc.
Exactly right, Alfie! They were clearly not "outdoors" anywhere. But did anyone notice that the entire purpose of that article was obviously deflective damage control for the green-screen studio fakery blooper (i.e. using the same video background footage) to pretend they were both really outdoors? :rolleyes:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... lot/64965/
"They're both outdoors, sitting in what looks to be a parking lot." ...
"It seems that Grace and Banfield are sitting in the same parking lot, facing in the same direction, and judging by the speed of the vehicles in their shots, they cannot be sitting more than 30 feet away from each other. "

The title of this topic is misleading because it's the perp media that has just been caught trying to cover CNN's ass <_<
sunshine05

Unread post by sunshine05 »

Alfie wrote:They are both in green screen studios. The lighting is absurd even with reflectors etc.
Thank you. I guess we shouldn't be surprised!
Maat

Re: Media tries "fake but real" cover-up for CNN blooper

Unread post by Maat »

Now I come to think of it, I doubt that was a "mistake" by CNN with the duplicated green-screen background at all. It follows the same pattern of diversionary tactics they've used in pretending to bust journalists for faking photographs etc. — all to protect their important fakery secrets and convince the public they are "policing their own" & "keeping it real". i.e. Oh we know they messed up but look, they were really, really "on location" in the same "car park", see? :rolleyes:
lux

Re: Media tries "fake but real" cover-up for CNN blooper

Unread post by lux »

Like this [cough] "media ethics" blog that purports to be a media watchdog:

(warning: contains extremely barf-able content) :puke:
http://www.imediaethics.org/Topic/18/Fake_photos.php