THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: Why a topic about a conspiracy dominated by Jews

Postby ICfreely on August 23rd, 2016, 12:49 pm

Flabbergasted » August 5th, 2016, 6:06 am wrote:Perhaps there were three Jews and three Crypto-Jews :rolleyes:

FYI, Flabbergasted, a common name for Iranian crypto-Jews is…

MULLAH
The term has also been used among Persian Jews, Bukharan Jews, Afghan Jews, and other Central Asian Jews to refer to the community's religious and/or secular leadership. In Kaifeng, China, the historic Chinese Jews who managed the synagogue were called "mullahs".[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullah

The Challenges of Spiritual Leadership

The viziers of Iran would arrest Jews such as Mullah Elijah, then chief rabbi of Shiraz, and require them to pay an exorbitant fee or convert to Islam. At first, Elijah said he would convert and become a Muslim, but he would need time to prepare for the transformation. However, when his time was up he refused to convert, so he was locked in a dungeon and brutally whipped. Unsurprisingly, missionaries who visited Shiraz at the time found that many of Shiraz’s outward converts were both socioeconomically and religiously miserable, held an inward contempt for Islam, and maintained the appearance of being identical to their Muslim neighbors while they continued to practice Judaism within their own homes.

Rab Yusef, also known as Ohr Shraga, was an Iranian mystic and Jewish leader for the community in Yazd during the late 18th century. A direct descendant of King David, he is known for performing many miracles, and his tomb in Yazd is considered a religious holy site for Jews and Muslims alike even today (Lalezar 2006). His counterparts were Mullah Mosheh Halevi of Kashan, a Kabbalist, rabbi, and author of books on Jewish mysticism, and later Mullah Rabbi Isaac of Tehran, one of the first rabbis to contact the Alliance Israelite Universelle in search of protection for the Jews of Iran from persecution by Shiite government officials.

Preserved marriage contracts show that intermarriage was also common among Persian Jews, even in ancient times. Ezra and Nechemiah, two of the later Jewish figures of the Tanach, publicly banned intermarriage and issued punishments to those who married outside the faith (Price 1996). In the century and a half that followed the construction of the Second Temple, the final codification of Jewish law—with its clear rule against intermarriage—was one of the prominent factors ensuring the continuation of the Jewish people in the Middle East, and Iran in particular. While it has not always been adhered to, the law, combined with a nearly constant threat of persecution, has been integral to the continued survival of Iranian Jewry (Bard 2010). The mass emigration of Jews from Iran in the mid to late twentieth century has proven the most trying to its preservation of faith and custom; hence, the more isolated communities that opted not to emigrate, such as the Jews of Mashhad, have seen lower rates of intermarriage than others.

[comment]

Historically Inaccurate
I'd like to have you know Mullah Elijah was the chief rabbi of Hamedan. My great-grandfather and his fathers before him were the first Chief Rabbis of Shiraz. It started with Mullah Shlomo, then Mullah Darvish, then Mullah Pinchas, then Mullah Rachamim, then Mullah Yitzchak, then Mullah Yosef, then Mullah Shlomo, and then the last Chief Rabbi of Shiraz, my great-grandfather, Mullah Meir Moshe. I am very insulted that you would dare to denounce the fact that my forefathers were the Chief Rabbis and this Mullah Elijah was. Please email me back about the subject.

Ezra Dayanim
Silver Spring, Mayland

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1442787/jewish/The-Jews-of-Iran.htm

Sad Fate of Iran's Jews

By Parvaneh Vahidmanesh, Washington (source: Institute for War& Peace Reporting)
05/13/10

Many tell with horror the story of how the Jews of Mashhad were forced to convert to Islam in March 1839, in what is known as the Allahdad incident.

Over the years, some felt so threatened that they chose to convert to Islam, but continued to practice Judaism in secret - becoming so-called crypto-Jews.

One of the latter, Moshe Hakimi, from Mashhad, spoke to IWPR about this community's dual identity.

"Every newborn was told from his first years of life that we are living in times of crisis and that they must lead a double life. They told us that we must not talk about our personal lives in front of non-Jewish people. This absolute secrecy became second nature after reaching puberty," he said.

"Therefore, all Jewish converts to Islam had two names: for example, my grandfather's Muslim name was Sheikh Aboulghasem and his Hebrew name was Benjamin. My father's Muslim name was Ebrahim and his Hebrew name was Abraham. Outside they call me Mousa and at home, I'm called Moshe. In my father's lifetime, many of the Jews had very Muslim names. They even went to Mecca on pilgrimage and became Hadjis."

Some of these crypto-Jews observed Islamic creeds more zealously than the Muslims.

The Mozafarian and Froughi families are among the Jews who have embraced Islam in the past 100 years and found important social and political status for themselves.

Nasser Makarem-Shirazi, one of the Shia Grand Ayatollahs, who is close to the government, had Jewish ancestors. He is now known as a radical cleric. The Asgaroladi brothers, influential figures in the Islamic Republic, are also of Jewish descent. Habibollah Asgaroladi has for years been the secretary-general of the powerful Islamic Coalition Party. His brother Asaddollah is a powerful merchant, who is also the head of the Iran-Russia and Iran-China chambers of commerce.

http://www.payvand.com/news/10/may/1135.html

Crypto-Jew is the correct term, as it also refers to Jews forced to adopt other religions and political philosophies while maintaining Jewish practices. Crypto-Judaism pre-dates the Inquisition, as Jews were forced by the Al-Mohavid invasions of Spain to become Muslims, creating Crypto-Jews who gradually fled to Christian districts for protection from the Muslims (see Roth's History of the Jews). In modern times outwardly Muslim Crypto-Jews are known to be in Meshed [Mashhad], Iran, and in Turkey.

http://shamash.org/lists/scj-faq/HTML/faq/13-05.html

The Crypto-Jewish Mashhadis: The Shaping of Religious and Communal Identity in Their Journey from Iran to New York

Hilda Nissimi

This book tells the little-known story of a fascinating crypto-Jewish community through two centuries and three continents. Beginning as a precarious settlement of a few families in mid-eighteenth-century Mashhad, an Islamic holy city in northern Iran, the community grew into a closely-knit group in response to their forced conversion to Islam in 1839. Muslim hostility and a culture of memory sustained by intra-communal marriages reinforced their separate religious identity, vesting it in strong family and communal loyalty. Mashhadi women became the main agents of the cultural transmission of communal identity and achieved social roles and high status uncharacteristic for contemporary Jewish and Muslim communities. … The Mashhadis maintained a double identity – upholding Islam in public while tenaciously holding onto their Jewish identity in secret. The exodus from Mashhad after 1946 relocated the communal centre to Tehran, and later to Israel and after the Khomeini revolution to New York. The relationship between the formation and retention of communal identity and memory practices – with interconnected issues of religion and gender – draws upon existing research on other crypto-faith communities, such as the Judeoconversos, the Moriscos, and the French Protestants, who through the special blend of memory-faith and ethnicity emerged strengthened from their underground period. For the immigration period, the author challenges the old paradigm that “modernity and religion are mutually exclusive”. The book also explores the sometimes uncomfortable yet intimate relationships that exist between seemingly incompatible ways of seeing the past, both secular and religious.

https://www.amazon.com/Crypto-Jewish-Mashhadis-Religious-Communal-Identity/dp/1845191609
ICfreely

Re: Why a topic about a conspiracy dominated by Jews

Postby Kham on August 24th, 2016, 7:48 am

The following quote about non-Muslims living in Muslim countries is often read, however it is only half the rule.

"Pay the tax or convert to Islam"

This is an often misunderstood rule.

In Muslim countries, if one is Muslim, then one pays taxes as prescribed in the Quran.

In Muslim countries, if one is not Muslim, and does not follow the Quran, then how does one pay Muslim taxes? One doesn't. One pays non-Muslim taxes. So the quote above should really be ...

"Pay either the Muslim tax or Non-Muslim tax, but you have to choose one. Everybody must pay their taxes to the state."

Or

"Pay the tax or convert to Islam and pay the Islamic tax."
Kham

Hilarious 9/11 Mattress Commercial

Postby XQB on September 12th, 2016, 3:54 am

This has been big news all over Texas. Miracal Mattress, a store in San Antonio recently aired this hilarious commercial as a 9/11 mattress sale. I couldn't stop laughing at how hilarious it was. Especially funny were the two male bozos falling into the mattresses symbolizing the WTC's, and the chubby girl at the end saying "we will never forget":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2g ... e=youtu.be

The comments on their Facebook page were equally hilarious, with many shills and "I was there that day" idiots proclaiming utter disrespect for the poor vicsims:

https://www.facebook.com/miraclemattress210/

That was the owner's daughter in the video. Eventually, the public frenzy over this was so bad that the business decided to close its doors indefinitely. Sadly, "we will never forget". :D
XQB

Re: Hilarious 9/11 Mattress Commercial

Postby hoi.polloi on September 12th, 2016, 11:16 pm

XQB » September 12th, 2016, 2:54 am wrote:This has been big news all over Texas. Miracal Mattress, a store in San Antonio recently aired this hilarious commercial as a 9/11 mattress sale. I couldn't stop laughing at how hilarious it was. Especially funny were the two male bozos falling into the mattresses symbolizing the WTC's, and the chubby girl at the end saying "we will never forget":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2g ... e=youtu.be

The comments on their Facebook page were equally hilarious, with many shills and "I was there that day" idiots proclaiming utter disrespect for the poor vicsims:

https://www.facebook.com/miraclemattress210/

That was the owner's daughter in the video. Eventually, the public frenzy over this was so bad that the business decided to close its doors indefinitely. Sadly, "we will never forget". :D

Moved for non sequitur in bold, as if you hadn't even read the discussion taking place in the thread, whatsoever.

Come on, people. Can we please not turn our forum into Fecesbook?

If you're going to just drop links, at least read the conversation, give your impression as if you are actually interacting with the members here. Most people on this forum are capable of at least that. You know, conversation. Even take some screen shots, disprove annoying shill comments, or something.

When random people find our CluesForum, what kinds of intelligent comments would you like to see here? Imagine what it would be like if you never heard of these subjects, you became curious about them, and you wanted to see a real discussion between people about these subjects. And we just end up with random posts slapped together as if dropped into a subject that looks mildly related. Like a positive kind of "trolling" -- running in to "high five" the thread -- but which still has the reverse effect of turning people off of the subject.

We started this forum because we wanted people to be inspired to do their own research, to ask questions. To bloody do something better than crowd around each other and act like it's all over and all we have is each other. We have that, but we need to inspire each other to continue to spread the word about this.

There is work to be done. Please, if you care about these subjects, at least talk with your friends and family about these things instead of embracing the idea that you have to be some kind of social-media outcast.

This rant deserves to be in the derailing room, itself, I know.

But do think about the fact that what we have here is the only known historic (barely even academic-like) record of the absolutely insane things the people in power are doing with their power. What is actually happening on this planet. And in our governments. Rise to the occasion, as Simon sings in his new album. You've got to rise to the occasion.

Sorry, rant over.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Re: "Hiding in Plain Sight: Reflections on an Open Conspirac

Postby VexMan on September 16th, 2016, 1:53 pm

I may be wrong but as Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was mentioned in this thread many of his books were mentioned, just not the most intriguing one : 200 Years Together. Here is the working link to it :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q7znv ... gether.pdf

Interesting fact about this book : there exists no English translation of the full text so above link is one man's work to assembly the above pdf with as many translated chapters. There is also no full translation in any other language, as the word goes it is still only available in Russian language as full text.

I got to page 98 so far, no wonder any more why there is no full translation.... the most Jew-condemning book ever written !
VexMan

Re:

Postby daddie_o on September 20th, 2016, 2:12 pm

nonhocapito » September 19th, 2016, 5:11 pm wrote:Meanwhile a quite hilarious burrito-witness report can be watched here:

The burrito place this lady was in was "at 24th and 7th". I couldn't find it in google maps unless she means "Chelsea Papaya"...

That was HILARIOUS. I love how she is being coached/led at the end about where it all happened, etc. How exactly did she see a fire ball (not a fire) of the explosion when she stepped out afterwards...?

Chelsea's Papaya is a hot dog place, so that's not it. She says she was at a burrito place, a vegetarian place. I think she might have meant 'Wrapido' which is just next to Chelsea's Papaya according to google maps. Anyway a bit odd for her to say 'burrito' instead of 'wrap' but whatever. I'm not saying this gives her any credibility whatsoever. But at least they didn't completely pull the 'vegetarian burrito place' completely out of their butts.

Her performance reminds me a little of this gem:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLx6ZeJNjmg

Which was 'famously' songified by the Gregory Brothers:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCSBoOcGFFE

[fixed the youtube embeds. to make them work just use the youtube code ~nonhocapito]
daddie_o

Re: Chelsea NYC bombing, 29 wounded, 17-09-2016

Postby pov603 on September 21st, 2016, 10:56 am

The Arizona carcrash man looks/sounds like he was coached by our very own 'Harley man'...
pov603

Re: Chelsea NYC bombing, 29 wounded, 17-09-2016

Postby SacredCowSlayer on September 21st, 2016, 1:32 pm

pov603 » September 21st, 2016, 4:56 am wrote:The Arizona carcrash man looks/sounds like he was coached by our very own 'Harley man'...

I agree about his performance. Got to love that last bit about "oh, this is real..." :lol:

And what about the laughing people behind him? I don't think such cheese is accidental by any means.

I've been at enough crashes to know that's NOT how people behave. Usually people that aren't injured are sitting down and/or puking. Often they are sitting down giving witness statements.

Clowning around like the people in this video would be nearly unthinkable in real life.

I guess they do it for sheer mockery.

Note: Please move this to the derailing room or chatbox (if mods agree with me) since it's clearly off topic. CluedIn's aptly posted reference to this "oldy but goodie" sort of unintentionally steered this topic OFF the ROAD. :D

[so I moved it. Thanks for pointing it out ~nonhocapito]
SacredCowSlayer

Re: 9/11 vicsims with real-life counterparts (Master List)

Postby brianv on October 6th, 2016, 12:11 pm

@antipodean Do you think that might be the end of it? Quite frankly, I often wondered about your continuous spamming of this character. And Simon was quite right to pull you about it!
brianv

Postby antipodean on October 6th, 2016, 12:16 pm

brianv » October 6th, 2016, 11:11 pm wrote:@antipodean Do you think that might be the end of it? Quite frankly, I often wondered about your continuous spamming of this character. And Simon was quite right to pull you about it!

I'm just replying to questions that are being asked. If you think its spam report it to the mods.
antipodean

Postby brianv on October 6th, 2016, 3:31 pm

I'm familiar with the locality where he was raised.
Indeed?

Tantamount to : "I know someone who knows someone who knew him. "

I think "the mods", namely Simon, has been on to you already.

And sorry to derail, please move!
brianv

Postby antipodean on October 6th, 2016, 9:16 pm

That is an incredibly dumb statement.
antipodean

Postby brianv on October 6th, 2016, 10:26 pm

So Eaton was raised, was he? Yes, raised from the cuttings in some "news editor's" wastebasket.

antipodean » October 6th, 2016, 9:16 pm wrote:That is an incredibly dumb statement.
That's rich coming from a one trick pony.
brianv

Postby antipodean on October 6th, 2016, 10:35 pm

brianv » October 7th, 2016, 9:26 am wrote:
antipodean » October 6th, 2016, 9:16 pm wrote:That is an incredibly dumb statement.

That's rich coming from a one trick pony.

That's rich coming from a waste of space 3733 posts. Most of which are snide one liners.

How does someone manage to go from being a visionary to a harridan in 5 years ?
antipodean

Postby hoi.polloi on October 6th, 2016, 10:38 pm

I am moving this snit to the derailing room. Let's please model a more topical discussion of this sensitive 9/11 topic, even if we are seeming rhetorical or amusing to readers!

Sorry if any of my pleading/sarcasm started this.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to THE LIVING ROOM